• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jacob Blake's mother tells Don Lemon she has 'the utmost respect' for Trump

I think running with the narrative that black people‘s lives are in immediate and imminent danger any time they have any contact with police isn’t just factually wrong, it’s downright dangerous.

I so much agree with your statement. It is dangerous because as all the facts eventually come out in many cases we find these people had a history of criminal activity and open warrants or breaking probation so when they resist arrest and fight with the police what are the police suppose to do? Let them just walk away or drive away? I do not think so.

I researched the newspaper and provided a citation. My comment was that The Washington Times is a conservative rag. There is no way my post was lazy. I will not accuse you of being lazy just because you did not try to understand my opinion backed up with a link because I am not rude.

Your post was lazy. You couldn’t even be bothered to explain what the Times got wrong. You stated no opinion of any value, just the normal partisan hackery that way too many here think constitutes debate.

Indeed. Martin Luther King said we must love our enemies in order to save them. The oppressor is as unfree as those they oppress. We must seek freedom together.

I generally prefer the words of someone who lives to be 100 over those of someone who was shot to death.

Your post was lazy. You couldn’t even be bothered to explain what the Times got wrong. You stated no opinion of any value, just the normal partisan hackery that way too many here think constitutes debate.

My post was a reply to another poster who explained that the victim's mother was not quoted fully by the newspaper. I was providing support for that post and it should not have been necessary for me to repeat the failing of the report. Now, accuse me of laziness once more and you will not hear from me again.

Cops need to stop shooting people in circumstances where it wouldn't meet the definition of self-defense for the average citizen.

If I shoot someone in the back eight times, no other details will matter to the DA unless they were in my home and broke in. They'd have me in an orange jumpsuit if I did that, and wouldn't care if I feared the person "might" have a weapon, or even if they did in their vehicle.

Actually the details would matter just as the details should matter in viewing police actions. The problem is people like you hear or read that a black person is killed by police and promptly assume it must be the actions of a racist, murdering cop.

My post was a reply to another poster who explained that the victim's mother was not quoted fully by the newspaper. I was providing support for that post and it should not have been necessary for me to repeat the failing of the report. Now, accuse me of laziness once more and you will not hear from me again.

It’s not an accusation, it’s a simple statement of fact.

Actually the details would matter just as the details should matter in viewing police actions. The problem is people like you hear or read that a black person is killed by police and promptly assume it must be the actions of a racist, murdering cop.
I didn't say that because the victim was black that the officer is necessarily racist, or anything along those lines, but thanks for assuming that.

And no, the details really wouldn't matter to DA. There's no much you can use a defense if you follow someone and then shoot them in the back eight times, unless that person was moving to attack someone else you were defending. The DA won't give a **** to hear any "could have had a weapon" excuses from you, guaranteed.

I so much agree with your statement. It is dangerous because as all the facts eventually come out in many cases we find these people had a history of criminal activity and open warrants or breaking probation so when they resist arrest and fight with the police what are the police suppose to do? Let them just walk away or drive away? I do not think so.
If there are by standers and innocent children are around, yes. If a stray bullet from a cop kills someone, will it still be worth it, or would have been better to retreat and allow the subject to flee in order to avoid that possibility?

Should people obey lawful orders and use the system later? Yes. And should police stand down their efforts to arrest someone if the situation is too dangerous for the community to begin discharging guns? Also, yes. Same goes for police chases.

And if you ever shoot somebody in the back eight times, please try and use the "could have a weapon!", "maybe", and the persons criminal history, and let me know if the DA or the cops you're defending here give two ****s and don't indict and try you.

Indeed. Martin Luther King said we must love our enemies in order to save them. The oppressor is as unfree as those they oppress. We must seek freedom together.

Great quote. It also shows how empowering Christianity can be. MLK used Christianity to defeat the darkness of Jim Crow.

Sadly, Jesus warns of the false teachers and Pharisees. The Christian Right has abandoned Christianity. They are as corrupt as the papacy was in Martin Luther's time. Rich corrupt leaders like Falwell and Swaggart and Creflo Dollar. Jesus would be furious and turnover the tables.

She didn't say she supports Trump.

For some reason, most of Trump's base, thinks BLM is part of the Biden campaign, and is an anti Trump movement, and that since this is happening under Trump's watch, it's Biden's fault.

They don't understand why anyone would get mad at cops for shooting people, they think well they have guns, isn't it their job?:roll:

Great quote. It also shows how empowering Christianity can be. MLK used Christianity to defeat the darkness of Jim Crow.

Sadly, Jesus warns of the false teachers and Pharisees. The Christian Right has abandoned Christianity. They are as corrupt as the papacy was in Martin Luther's time. Rich corrupt leaders like Falwell and Swaggart and Creflo Dollar. Jesus would be furious and turnover the tables.

The prosperity gospel is a sick and twisted perversion of Christ's teachings.

As opposed to the dishonest people who are not interested in the truth, just interested in hurting Trump?

Long is the day that they fooled me.

5b50957216eb5991248b4589

And now your proudly fooled by one of the most foolish fools ever to fool, the ludicrous nature of your predicament is utertly and epically stunning!:lamo:cool:

Cops need to stop shooting people in circumstances where it wouldn't meet the definition of self-defense for the average citizen.
No. Simply no.
Wrong headed thinking that is as bad as the current "defund the police" crap.

The same legal standard of "reasonable belief" is applied under the law.
So what situations do you imagine?

Trumps RNC literally celebrated a couple who pointed weapons at peaceful protesters.
No. Peaceful protestors do not smash through gates, trespass and threaten the homeowners as they did in this situation.

And now your proudly fooled by one of the most foolish fools ever to fool, the ludicrous nature of your predicament is utertly and epically stunning!:lamo:cool:
iLOL You have fooled no one.

I think running with the narrative that black people‘s lives are in immediate and imminent danger any time they have any contact with police isn’t just factually wrong, it’s downright dangerous.

Yep, it is highly destructive and has lead to more danger and violence for blacks than cops ever dreamed of.

It’s fake, the facts have been out for a while that it’s fake. Only 9 unarmed blacks killed all of 2019. 5 of which documented attacking cops, 2 of the others resulted in charges against the cops.

The whole narrative is made up, based upon emotionally charged rare exceptions.

It should not be necessary for me to spell out the obvious to you. That is why I wrote, "You know that" when I answered your question.

Just, please, next time, try to respond with more gusto and I think well all feel better about it. ;)

Mom respects Trump and wants Black lives matter to stop the destruction.

Nuff said about her.

I agree with her.

Jacob Blake's mother tells Don Lemon she has 'the utmost respect' for Donald Trump - Washington Times

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Wednesday, August 26, 2020

BLM organization proving how much BLM don't matter to them.
Most of the places they are looting and burning are minority owned businesses.
Most of the people that are getting shot in these riots they do are minorities.

lmao.

the irony cannot be missed.

Mom respects Trump and wants Black lives matter to stop the destruction.

Nuff said about her.

I agree with her.

Jacob Blake's mother tells Don Lemon she has 'the utmost respect' for Donald Trump - Washington Times

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Wednesday, August 26, 2020

As always, you rarely put in all the information. You left part of the comment out.

Here is the rest

Julia Jackson, the mother of Wisconsin man Jacob Blake, who was shot several times by police on Sunday, says she has the “utmost” respect for president Donald Trump as she apologised for missing his call.

“And then also, for president Trump, I’m sorry I missed your call!,” Ms Jackson told CNN in a press conference on Tuesday. “Because, had I not missed your call maybe the comments you had made would have been different. I’m not mad at you at all. I have the utmost respect for you as the leader of our country.”

I am guessing here, but it is possible that she did not want to say something negative about Trump for fear of "additional" reprisals from racist Trump supporters.

You are 100% correct. Right now this very moment a minority person has more to fear from these BLM protests than the cops.
You know it amazes me that if you look at all of these shootings that most of them could have been avoided if the person involved stopped:

Fighting with the cops
Resisting arrest
followed lawful orders etc ...
they didn't run
They didn't reach for **** when told not too.

On the other hand i honestly do believe that cops need to take better approaches to situations.

Trumps RNC literally celebrated a couple who pointed weapons at peaceful protesters.

Somehow this is a shock now that some kid shows up at a protest with a gun pretending to ‘protect’ property that isn’t his.

The couple in question are both lawyers who of course know their rights. And they did not shoot, merely show the weapons in a way to make clear to the violent intruders that their home meant something to them.

The intruders intended to torch the home and thank god the couple were able to handle so many intruders and did not have to shoot any of them.

Your final statement is strange and I do not know why you said that.

You are 100% correct. Right now this very moment a minority person has more to fear from these BLM protests than the cops.
You know it amazes me that if you look at all of these shootings that most of them could have been avoided if the person involved stopped:

Fighting with the cops
Resisting arrest
followed lawful orders etc ...
they didn't run
They didn't reach for **** when told not too.

On the other hand i honestly do believe that cops need to take better approaches to situations.

I agree. In fact when I was around 19, I was speeding late at night on a county road and a state highway patrolman saw me and chased me.

I actually pulled my car over in front of homes trying to see if he would drive by since he was so far behind me. He saw my car, skidded to a stop, burned rubber to back up and came to my window where we were trying to hide from view. He had his pistol aimed at me and demanded I open the car. I did and got out and he manhandled me. I did not know if he would shoot or not. Anyway, later he let me go and took me back to my car and I went home. A hell of a story for my kids and their kids. I obeyed him strictly and credit that and being nice to the cop with him letting me go.

Somehow this is a shock now that some kid shows up at a protest with a gun pretending to ‘protect’ property that isn’t his.

They weren't peaceful. They destroyed private property and were tresspassing all of which are criminal offenses.
PS that case is following apart faster than it did before.

The DA and the prosecutor have already been caught tampering with evidence.
Lying on warrants forms etc ...

They will be lucky if they are not sued at best
disbarred at worst.

As always, you rarely put in all the information. You left part of the comment out.

Here is the rest

I am guessing here, but it is possible that she did not want to say something negative about Trump for fear of "additional" reprisals from racist Trump supporters.

God my man, It was the Times you read in my post. I do not have editorial control over the news media. So I left nothing out. I also since you complained went to the CNN footage and she stunned Lemon by praising Trump and pleading with blacks to knock off the violence.

"I respect you President Trump as the leader of our Country."

The couple in question are both lawyers who of course know their rights. And they did not shoot, merely show the weapons in a way to make clear to the violent intruders that their home meant something to them.

The intruders intended to torch the home and thank god the couple were able to handle so many intruders and did not have to shoot any of them.

Your final statement is strange and I do not know why you said that.

I’m guessing you can’t grasp most of the things I say.

Back
Top Bottom