• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jacob Blake's mother tells Don Lemon she has 'the utmost respect' for Trump

Did they lie about what she said?

They were selective in the use of her words. I believe they call it a lie of omission.

Life isn't an either/or, you are with us or against us for everybody on the planet.

Indeed. Martin Luther King said we must love our enemies in order to save them. The oppressor is as unfree as those they oppress. We must seek freedom together.

Last edited:
I hope Trumpsters don't continue to knee-jerk pile everyone outside Trumplandia into the mob's box, but then again based on what I've seen over and over here on DP and elsewhere, that is exactly what they are doing and what they will continue to do.

They're not interested in anything but helping Trump.

As opposed to the dishonest people who are not interested in the truth, just interested in hurting Trump?

Long is the day that they fooled me.

Did they lie about what she said?
Yes; they did not quote the full sentence in order to give the impression that the mother respected Donald Trump rather than the office of president. You know that.

Yes; they did not quote the full sentence in order to give the impression that the mother respected Donald Trump rather than the office of president. You know that.

You should say that instead of lazily posting the media bias bull****. Use your words.

They were selective in the use of her words. I believe they call it a lie of omission.

Shocking. It’s almost as bad as the “good people on both sides” nonsense frequently seen in other sources.

Shocking. It’s almost as bad as the “good people on both sides” nonsense frequently seen in other sources.

Its simply dishonest. It doesn't shock me. After all, a doctored video omitting essential information put Breitbart on the media map. It really rather predicable.

Trumps RNC literally celebrated a couple who pointed weapons at peaceful protesters.

Somehow this is a shock now that some kid shows up at a protest with a gun pretending to ‘protect’ property that isn’t his.

You know without a doubt if they hadn’t “pointed weapons” at them they would have burned the house down. Peaceful they aren’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad we have common ground here.

You wouldn't believe how many idiots I've argued with, who think they could ever shoot someone in the back legally and not get indicted.

It would depend on circumstances and evidence prima fascia but in general I would tend to agree.

For those who take the OP's word for it that the mother was praising Trump in any way, I strongly suggest you listen to the interview yourself.

She's old school...she respects the office of President. That's what I see in the video.

That’s more that any liberal will say, unless it’s a liberal President.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its simply dishonest. It doesn't shock me. After all, a doctored video omitting essential information put Breitbart on the media map. It really rather predicable.

I know. Good thing CNN, Vox, Washington Post, etc., etc. never do that.

Point out the dishonesty and ****ty reporting. All I’m saying is don’t completely dismiss a source you don’t like with that idiotic media bias fact check BS. I know it wasn’t you, it just gets really old.

Everyone has their biases. Honest people should try to find out what’s going on behind those biases. The Washington Times lied by omission as you said, and it should be called out honestly.

You should say that instead of lazily posting the media bias bull****. Use your words.

It should not be necessary for me to spell out the obvious to you. That is why I wrote, "You know that" when I answered your question.

She has my utmost respect. Not sure I could be that gracious if my son were shot in the back seven times... and I am the mother of a Chief of Police. I am respectfully trying to keep an open mind, and will wait until we have ALL the facts that surround this shooting.

Back to thread topic. I have nothing against peaceful protest and neither do the police but this is not what they are up against unfortunately.

And my daughters husband is a disability retired cop of many years and he is very appreciated as is your husband.

Blake lives so he will recover. What about the cop that shot him? I doubt he is having a lot of fun.

And my daughters husband is a disability retired cop of many years and he is very appreciated as is your husband.

Blake lives so he will recover. What about the cop that shot him? I doubt he is having a lot of fun.

Not my husband, but my oldest son.

As to your last question, who would want to be cop in this day and age?

I wait anxiously to hear all the facts in this particular case and wish Jacob a speedy recovery.
My heart goes out to his parents, … but my heart also aches for the parents of this cop who know his heart certainly more that the anti-cop haters do.

Last edited:

I do not see your proof yet will at least go back to see what you are talking about.

But the lying media does that to Trump daily. And not just once, all the time.

I checked the CNN version on Youtube and it confirmed what I had said.

Last edited:
Nor my husband, but my oldest son.

As to your last question, who would want to be cop in this day and age.

I was talking to my daughter on this matter and I fear she does not like Trump and wants to side against the cops. not all of them, but those she thinks are for Trump.

I was talking to my daughter on this matter and I fear she does not like Trump and wants to side against the cops. not all of them, but those she thinks are for Trump.

I hear you. I've a couple of sons, my two youngest who think like that.

Your daughter must take after her mother.

It should not be necessary for me to spell out the obvious to you. That is why I wrote, "You know that" when I answered your question.

It’s intellectually lazy.

Your daughter must take after her mother.

Her mother died years back. I hope she does not take after her mother.

She more takes after me. I once was as you are, a deluded and very loyal Democrat. I changed and so can other Democrats.

Tonight on TV I saw a few Democrats walking away from Biden to vote for Trump.

Here is, from my own experience, that when I was a Democrat, I lived all my life then as a very loyal Democrat and it was later I learned we were bigots against republicans and believed so many lies about republicans, we refused to listen to republicans at that time when they protested.

I had to learn other ways that republicans are good citizens and came later to the conclusion that to support Democrats means supporting Bigots.

It’s intellectually lazy.
I researched the newspaper and provided a citation. My comment was that The Washington Times is a conservative rag. There is no way my post was lazy. I will not accuse you of being lazy just because you did not try to understand my opinion backed up with a link because I am not rude.

Her mother died years back. I hope she does not take after her mother.

She more takes after me. I once was as you are, a deluded and very loyal Democrat. I changed and so can other Democrats.

Tonight on TV I saw a few Democrats walking away from Biden to vote for Trump.

Here is, from my own experience, that when I was a Democrat, I lived all my life then as a very loyal Democrat and it was later I learned we were bigots against republicans and believed so many lies about republicans, we refused to listen to republicans at that time when they protested.

I had to learn other ways that republicans are good citizens and came later to the conclusion that to support Democrats means supporting Bigots.

You have become a bitter man, Robert. Your daughter has the better instinct. It should not be taken from her.

Back
Top Bottom