• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ivanka Trump used a personal email account

Exactly what I said.

If you're breaking the law, you pay the consequences no matter who you are.

No that is not what you said. Read your posts

She does. His name is Jared.

They say it was a family email account- so yes- expect the House to call him and her. Decorate the table in Orange

Count me in the group in favor of charging all of them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Perhaps we should take that one step further and prosecute all that replied to or forwarded those, obviously illegal, emails. Maybe even go further and prosecute any that were aware of and did not report that crime for aiding in the cover up.

Lock her up!

Right?

No that is not what you said. Read your posts

Yes, that is what I said and it's what I've said many, many times. Good night.

Perhaps we should take that one step further and prosecute all that replied to or forwarded those, obviously illegal, emails. Maybe even go further and prosecute any that were aware of and did not report that crime for aiding in the cover up.
If it can be proved they willfully committed an illegal act. Im agreeablle to that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Why ?? Did Ivanak delete her emails ??

Well .......Maybe the Russians could help explain whys did this in the first place when her father made something a lot like this the centerpiece of his campaign of hate against Clinton.

And perhaps you did not get the biting sarcasm?

an arrogant spoiled rich kid, playing government, should never have to answer to law... it's just not fair.

Tongue-in-cheek comment.

I don't care who you are -- if you have top secret information and it's not protected (whether it's sitting on your passenger seat while you run into a store or sent over/stored an unprotected server or private email) you should go to jail no matter your intent. That's serious business. Well, it used to be anyway.
So then you agree that the FBI should investigate Ivanka the same way it did Hillary? I mean if it were to come to different conclusions, I'm sure you wouldn't be among the crowd complaining that the FBI is crooked, and that this is another part of an imagined coup, right?

If yes, I would be glad to admit I misunderstood your position all of these years.

:)

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

So then you agree that the FBI should investigate Ivanka the same way it did Hillary? I mean if it were to come to different conclusions, I'm sure you wouldn't be among the crowd complaining that the FBI is crooked, and that this is another part of an imagined coup, right?

If yes, I would be glad to admit I misunderstood your position all of these years.

:)

As I said, it doesn't matter who you are. If you're putting top secret information about our country in an unsecure location, there is no defense for you.

As I said, it doesn't matter who you are. If you're putting top secret information about our country in an unsecure location, there is no defense for you.
And yet, we haven't had an investigation - I am on the side of people who want things investigated. I have always stated so. You seem to want people to go to prison first. Before an investigation. Let's have the FBI investigate Ivanka, and then depending on what they decide, take Ivanka to court or put it behind us.

Seems fair, no?

And yet, we haven't had an investigation - I am on the side of people who want things investigated. I have always stated so. You seem to want people to go to prison first. Before an investigation. Let's have the FBI investigate Ivanka, and then depending on what they decide, take Ivanka to court or put it behind us.

Seems fair, no?

Nothing I've said should lead you to believe that people should be thrown in prison without due process.

I'll add a couple of words in there for you ---- If the FBI has found you to be putting top secret information about our country in an unsecure location, there is no defense for you no matter who you are, what political party you're associated with or how much the media loves or hates you.

Ok that does it! This is my cue to throw my hat in the ring for 2020. I promise you, members of DP and these United States of America, that when I win I will have my attorney general (who will be impeccable...the very best) look into this and put this irresponsible person in jail. Careless Ivanka, we're going to find your 2.5 illegal emails and put you in prison for compromising the safety of our country!

ELCHUPACABRA 2020
Make Emails Safe Again!

Jonathan Chait most likely hits the mark with this thought:

"I think Ivanka understood that conservative attacks on HRC's private email server were disingenuous bull****, and expected she could do the same with little/no consequence. (And is probably right.)"

https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/1064696586154975232

an arrogant spoiled rich kid, playing government, should never have to answer to law... it's just not fair.

Donald or Ivanka? That describes both of them.

Last edited:
Whether or not anything was released that may have been detrimental to national security or not is almost of secondary importance. Ivanka knows very well that her father used the Hillary emails as a weapon for more than 2 years. He would always fall back to it at his rallies because it got his fans excited and lathered up chanting 'lock her up!, lock her up!'. It became like a chant at a high school football game 'run that ball!, run that ball!'.

Ivanka knew this and obviously didn't care, felt like the rules didn't pertain to her and she got careless. This goes right to the very heart of the problem with this entire administration, it's their air of superiority and sense of entitlement. There's a highly exaggerated sense of self-worth in every one of the Trump children. Of course that's not a surprise since they were raised at the knee of the master of arrogance. They have all gotten away with it in private life but government life is much different. There's rules, there's accountability and there's people to answer to no matter how rich you are or who your daddy is.

Whether or not anything was released that may have been detrimental to national security or not is almost of secondary importance. Ivanka knows very well that her father used the Hillary emails as a weapon for more than 2 years. He would always fall back to it at his rallies because it got his fans excited and lathered up chanting 'lock her up!, lock her up!'. It became like a chant at a high school football game 'run that ball!, run that ball!'.

Ivanka knew this and obviously didn't care, felt like the rules didn't pertain to her and she got careless. This goes right to the very heart of the problem with this entire administration, it's their air of superiority and sense of entitlement. There's a highly exaggerated sense of self-worth in every one of the Trump children. Of course that's not a surprise since they were raised at the knee of the master of arrogance. They have all gotten away with it in private life but government life is much different. There's rules, there's accountability and there's people to answer to no matter how rich you are or who your daddy is.

Surprise, I don't support this in the least. Its just a convenient dodge to avoid FOIA requests and oversight.

You want to conduct government business? Do it on government servers and email accounts, end of story.

Ivanka could be sentenced for a crime. Because the Republicans have controlled the White House and Congress for almost two years. So they have had plenty of time making new laws that makes using private emails for government business completely illegal. The White House have also have had time to see to that those law was implemented fairly and without bias. But maybee the Republicans doesn’t care about the issue and just wanted something to attack Hillary for.

It seems that HRC isn't the only one that thought using a personal email account to send government business information was okay. Ivanka was just outed for doing the same thing. Overwhelming hypocrisy. When do we start chanting 'lock her up! lock her up!'?

Ivanka Trump used a personal email account to send hundreds of emails about government business last year

https://wapo.st/2qWuTcu?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.1a0ead5dc85c

Ivanka Trump sent hundreds of emails last year to White House aides, Cabinet officials and her assistants using a personal account, many of them in violation of federal records rules, according to people familiar with a White House examination of her correspondence.

White House ethics officials learned of Trump’s repeated use of personal email when reviewing emails gathered last fall by five Cabinet agencies to respond to a public records lawsuit. That review revealed that throughout much of 2017, she often discussed or relayed official White House business using a private email account with a domain that she shares with her husband, Jared Kushner.

The discovery alarmed some advisers to President Trump, who feared that his daughter’s practices bore similarities to the personal email use of Hillary Clinton, an issue he made a focus of his 2016 campaign. Trump attacked his Democratic challenger as untrustworthy and dubbed her “Crooked Hillary” for using a personal email account as secretary of state.

Some aides were startled by the volume of Ivanka Trump’s personal emails — and taken aback by her response when questioned about the practice. Trump said she was not familiar with some details of the rules, according to people with knowledge of her reaction.

The White House referred requests for comment to Ivanka Trump’s attorney and ethics counsel, Abbe Lowell.

In a statement, Peter Mirijanian, a spokesman for Lowell, acknowledged that the president’s daughter occasionally used her private email before she was briefed on the rules, but he said none of her messages contained classified information.

I see "nothingburgers" are all the rage these days.

Let's see how many classified or "pay for play" emails get wiped?

Oh give Ivanka a break. She didn't know she couldn't use a private email server to send confidential government information. You know when she stood next to her daddy who was screeching 'lock her up' a million times , she thought that only applied to crooked Hillary and not her.

So lets get back to what is important. Investigating Hillary's emails. Did you know she used a private email server to send confidential government information! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

Ivanka could be sentenced for a crime. Because the Republicans have controlled the White House and Congress for almost two years. So they have had plenty of time making new laws that makes using private emails for government business completely illegal. The White House have also have had time to see to that those law was implemented fairly and without bias. But maybee the Republicans doesn’t care about the issue and just wanted something to attack Hillary for.

The law is quite straightforward. When Hillary sends emails on a private email server - she is guilty and must be locked up.
When Ivanka - or any republican sends emails on a private email server - it is NOT a crime and the media should stop reporting FAKE NEWS.

Back
Top Bottom