• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's now "THE TRUMP VIRUS"

I haven't heard a single thing that Fauci has said that I consider a lie. He was wrong about masks early on, but based on the information he had at the time his recommendation not to wear them was correct. Same with not worrying about changing our routines early on. As new information becomes available recommendations change. My point is that the jackass is so far off base in handling this that Fauci should make a statement and quit the task force. He then will have a free reign to tell the truth to the American public, unfettered by the jackass in charge. He will have a much better podium to speak from since he won't be gagged at times by the jackass, and he can influence the vote in a positive way towards someone who is more likely to handle this more effectively.

What medical advice, then, do you think Fauci has been prevented from issuing, given that you think he's been "gagged?" Obviously I'm not talking about any political views he might have, only medical stuff.

Lost track of it, but here is another version of it, validating that the immediate cause of death was asphyxiation due to sustained pressure on the neck. This is from an independent examiner, not the county examiner (who is likely biased towards protecting the cops):

Experts hired by George Floyd's family and the Hennepin County Medical Examiner have concluded his death was a homicide, but they differ on what caused it.

The independent autopsy says Floyd died of "asphyxiation from sustained pressure" when his neck and back were compressed by Minneapolis police officers during his arrest last week. The pressure cut off blood flow to his brain, that autopsy determined.

George Floyd independent autopsy and Minnesota officials say death was homicide - CNN

Now, I am a doctor too, and I have seen the videos. The kind of pressure applied to Floyd's neck was clearly excessive, especially for a man who was handcuffed. Where did they think he was going to go? That kind of pressure can not only impede air exchange by compressing the trachea but it can also impede blood flow to the brain. The independent examiner was spot on IMO.

Oh so it's the independent autopsy you left that part out. The person who does it for profit and it's paid by the family that wants it to be murder.

I have a hard time trusting that.

Perhaps if more Democrats felt as you do there would have been mask wearing and social distancing at BLM demonstrations and it might have made a big difference.

Can you cite your source for that? All the data I’ve seen showed no major spikes in big cities where the protests took place over the summer.

If everyone was such an expert like you believe you are and a legend in their own mind, it would be that liberal utopia the left claims they want but cannot never deliver. why is Trump a jackass and why are you ignoring the alternative? Is gloom and doom negativity something you have in real life? Keep running when challenged ignoring state and local responsibilities

Not true. I have no delusions about living in a utopia if Biden wins. I am a moderate; I disagree with many of the platforms held by the democratic party, such as handouts and immigration to start. However, the most important issue by far with me is getting control of the pandemic. Without that the economy cannot recover, kids cannot safely return to school etc.
The jackass has had his chance to respond to it; he totally screwed it up. The numbers don't lie. We have roughly 4% of the world's population but about 25% of the deaths. You cannot sugar coat that.
Its time to give someone else a chance. When you fail at a job you generally get fired, not rewarded with a new contract.

Oh so it's the independent autopsy you left that part out. The person who does it for profit and it's paid by the family that wants it to be murder.

I have a hard time trusting that.

Better to trust the assessment of county employees who, like the police, are paid by the county? Do you think there just might be a bit of a conflict of interest there too? I trust independent pathologists AND MY OWN EYES. I know what that kind of restraint can do to a person.

What medical advice, then, do you think Fauci has been prevented from issuing, given that you think he's been "gagged?" Obviously I'm not talking about any political views he might have, only medical stuff.

I think that Fauci cannot tell the public that yes, he warned the jackass in February that this was a possibility-widespread community transmission and the potential to be a disaster-for example. He is a smart man. He saw this coming. Hell, I saw this coming too, and I am not that smart. I bought a bunch of N95 mask and hand sanitizer in January when they were still available. If I can see it coming, I KNOW Fauci did too.
Clearly Fauci is not at liberty to publicly correct the jackass. If he was he would be telling the press that we are NOT rounding the corner in no uncertain terms. He might be advising the jackass to shut down certain hot spots, or at least make it highly unpleasant for the governors of those states to refuse to do so. He likely would letting the press know that he has advised the jackass to wear a damn mask in public but that the jackass refused.
If I am Fauci I would resign my place on the task force and publicly give Americans the hard cold truth in no uncertain terms.

I haven't heard a single thing that Fauci has said that I consider a lie. He was wrong about masks early on, but based on the information he had at the time his recommendation not to wear them was correct. Same with not worrying about changing our routines early on. As new information becomes available recommendations change. My point is that the jackass is so far off base in handling this that Fauci should make a statement and quit the task force. He then will have a free reign to tell the truth to the American public, unfettered by the jackass in charge. He will have a much better podium to speak from since he won't be gagged at times by the jackass, and he can influence the vote in a positive way towards someone who is more likely to handle this more effectively.

:applaud :applaud

Better to trust the assessment of county employees who, like the police, are paid by the county? Do you think there just might be a bit of a conflict of interest there too? I trust independent pathologists AND MY OWN EYES. I know what that kind of restraint can do to a person.

I think there would be far less conflict of interest between a county corner and the police than there would be between a an employee and their employer like a private corner who's being paid by the victims survivors.

One is an indifferent entity paid by the government no matter what the answer is, the other could be just simply affirmation of beliefs with a price tag

I think there would be far less conflict of interest between a county corner and the police than there would be between a an employee and their employer like a private corner who's being paid by the victims survivors.

One is an indifferent entity paid by the government no matter what the answer is, the other could be just simply affirmation of beliefs with a price tag

None of this matters. People that want to believe George Floyd was not killed by a giant racist cop sitting on his neck for ten minutes will also tell you a small piece of cloth over their mouths for the duration of a trip to the piggly wiggly requires an iron lung afterwards.

Disingenuous bull**** all just to say the Black guy had it comin.

None of this matters. People that want to believe George Floyd was not killed by a giant racist cop sitting on his neck for ten minutes will also tell you a small piece of cloth over their mouths for the duration of a trip to the piggly wiggly requires an iron lung afterwards.

Disingenuous bull**** all just to say the Black guy had it comin.

But then I'm a lost cause and it's pointless for you to even talk to me.

Can you cite your source for that? All the data I’ve seen showed no major spikes in big cities where the protests took place over the summer.

I was listening to some experts tonight who were saying masks make little difference and often exacerbate a respiratory virus. Perhaps all the emphasis on wearing masks is wrong. It might help to conduct some scientific studies on the issue. I wear a mask in public but often I see people wearing or handling their masks improperly.

I was listening to some experts tonight who were saying masks make little difference and often exacerbate a respiratory virus. Perhaps all the emphasis on wearing masks is wrong. It might help to conduct some scientific studies on the issue. I wear a mask in public but often I see people wearing or handling their masks improperly.

Pro tip for you and every other right wing person here: I cannot speak for anyone else but I have never and will never click on any of you guys’ weirdo youtube links.

You know what we should study? The effects of lying to the AMerican people during a pandemic by their president.

Not true. I have no delusions about living in a utopia if Biden wins. I am a moderate; I disagree with many of the platforms held by the democratic party, such as handouts and immigration to start. However, the most important issue by far with me is getting control of the pandemic. Without that the economy cannot recover, kids cannot safely return to school etc.
The jackass has had his chance to respond to it; he totally screwed it up. The numbers don't lie. We have roughly 4% of the world's population but about 25% of the deaths. You cannot sugar coat that.
Its time to give someone else a chance. When you fail at a job you generally get fired, not rewarded with a new contract.

I understand your fear of the pandemic but again if you do what you are supposed to do why does what someone else doesn't do bother you so much? 200,000 is a large number to you but in a country of 330.000.000 million it isn't, why are you ignoring the over 6 million recoveries and potential recoveries? Why did you ignore my personal story and the fact that 40% of those invested have minimum symptoms, are tested positive thus counted but without medical treatment aren't counted in recoveries?

You cannot seem to grasp the reality that Trump has no control over the states and cities. You claimed he screwed up but here we are 6 months into the pandemic and you still believe he is screwing up totally ignoring that there isn't anyone out there that doesn't understand the risks from the virus and still are making bad choices. When the vaccine is released are you going to scream about the approximately 50% who refuse to take the vaccine?

Your problem is you cannot see the big picture, why would you want to put Harris a heartbeat from the Presidency even if you believe Biden is the answer? You have been blinded by rhetoric ignoring results, we are on the verge of peace in the middle east, we are recovering from a pandemic, we had the best pre pandemic results for the first three years in office of any President in history, 6.6 million jobs created mostly full time, 900 billion dollars in annual GDP dollar growth, 6% African American unemployment all do to a very simple concept, providing incentive to the private sector through tax cuts that stimulate economic activity and encouraged corporations to repatriate over a trillion dollars in overseas dollars. This doesn't even count the 10,000 point stock market gain that benefited over 58 million 401k holders.

As I stated you better think longer term than short term, it does seem very simple to me, if you are afraid of the virus don't venture out

Great point, do you believe that the people who pay these individuals are responsible for training and the results generated from these individuals? Doesn't that relate to the mayors as well especially those in Seattle, Portland, LA, SF, Chicago, Minneapolis, Kenosha, NYC?? If you truly want change and something like racial justice why would you vote for the same ideology over and over again expecting different results?

I understand your fear of the pandemic but again if you do what you are supposed to do why does what someone else doesn't do bother you so much? 200,000 is a large number to you but in a country of 330.000.000 million it isn't, why are you ignoring the over 6 million recoveries and potential recoveries? Why did you ignore my personal story and the fact that 40% of those invested have minimum symptoms, are tested positive thus counted but without medical treatment aren't counted in recoveries?

You cannot seem to grasp the reality that Trump has no control over the states and cities. You claimed he screwed up but here we are 6 months into the pandemic and you still believe he is screwing up totally ignoring that there isn't anyone out there that doesn't understand the risks from the virus and still are making bad choices. When the vaccine is released are you going to scream about the approximately 50% who refuse to take the vaccine?

Your problem is you cannot see the big picture, why would you want to put Harris a heartbeat from the Presidency even if you believe Biden is the answer? You have been blinded by rhetoric ignoring results, we are on the verge of peace in the middle east, we are recovering from a pandemic, we had the best pre pandemic results for the first three years in office of any President in history, 6.6 million jobs created mostly full time, 900 billion dollars in annual GDP dollar growth, 6% African American unemployment all do to a very simple concept, providing incentive to the private sector through tax cuts that stimulate economic activity and encouraged corporations to repatriate over a trillion dollars in overseas dollars. This doesn't even count the 10,000 point stock market gain that benefited over 58 million 401k holders.

As I stated you better think longer term than short term, it does seem very simple to me, if you are afraid of the virus don't venture out

Failure to wear a mask on purpose should be considered to be manslaughter if you infect someone because of that. It's a similar situation to passing on aids on purpose.

Failure to wear a mask on purpose should be considered to be manslaughter if you infect someone because of that. It's a similar situation to passing on aids on purpose.

Great how do you prove your allegations? How do you know who infects you with the virus? Sounds like someone who wants a police state, is that what you really want?

You (and I) have no idea what the fatality rate from this virus is. None. We can only guess, but since neither of us knows the numerator or the denominator its just a guess. I know that we are approaching 200,000 dead Americans, most of whom did not have to die but for the bungling of the response from the jackass in chief. Perhaps you would feel differently about the dead if a few of your close relatives or friends were among them. Its total BS when you say that the jackass has no control over what the states do. Do you think the governors would ignore a threat from the jackass to withhold all federal funds if they did not respond appropriately? Hopefully once Biden is elected he will do just that. The president has TREMENDOUS leverage, and you know it-but deny it because it doesn't fit your selfish narrative. Remember: your rights end when the health or safety of others begins.

You (and I) have no idea what the fatality rate from this virus is. None. We can only guess, but since neither of us knows the numerator or the denominator its just a guess. I know that we are approaching 200,000 dead Americans, most of whom did not have to die but for the bungling of the response from the jackass in chief. Perhaps you would feel differently about the dead if a few of your close relatives or friends were among them. Its total BS when you say that the jackass has no control over what the states do. Do you think the governors would ignore a threat from the jackass to withhold all federal funds if they did not respond appropriately? Hopefully once Biden is elected he will do just that. The president has TREMENDOUS leverage, and you know it-but deny it because it doesn't fit your selfish narrative. Remember: your rights end when the health or safety of others begins.

So what is the fatality rate of the virus? Listen to what a Health Director defined as a COVID 19 death

THE DEATH COUNT EXPLAINED: Dr. Ngozi Ezike, director of Illinois Department of Public Health - YouTube

You keep showing your hatred and passion out of pure ignorance and liberal indoctrination refusing to tell us what Trump could have legally done in states and cities around the country. You are exactly what the radical left wants as a supporter, single issue voter out of touch with reality and the constitution having no problem putting a California SF liberal a heartbeat from the Presidency. You are blinded by pure irrational hatred out of indoctrination by the left who has sold you a bill of good because that is what you want to believe. You aren't very good at describing why you hate Trump so much.

Do you think Cuomo and Newsom would do anything that Trump said? Are you that naive and why can't you post the dates of Trump's rhetoric and not the actual actions he took?

Your belief of what Biden would do denies what Biden did do during this 45+ years in public office and what Harris brings to the table, SF violation of immigration law and radical social policies promoting illegal immigration homelessness, and poverty

The President has NO leverage over what states and cities do so keep ignoring the failures of liberalism in Seattle, Portland, LA, SF, Minneapolis, Kenosha, Chicago, NYC all cities run by liberals for decades. Passionate hatred out of ignorance is stunning

Then just lay back and learn to enjoy it.

I already know everything you have to say I knew it before you joined the board. Cops are bad criminals are good. anytime cops do their job and some junkie dies of a fentanyl overdose it's because the police are racist.

Pro tip for you and every other right wing person here: I cannot speak for anyone else but I have never and will never click on any of you guys’ weirdo youtube links.

You know what we should study? The effects of lying to the AMerican people during a pandemic by their president.

It doesn’t bother me in the least if you refuse to click on my YouTube links.

Continue on believing the lies your fake news media publishes.

Life is great on the Democratic Plantation, right?

It doesn’t bother me in the least if you refuse to click on my YouTube links.

Continue on believing the lies your fake news media publishes.

Life is great on the Democratic Plantation, right?

I don’t know, I’ve been stuck in my house for 7 months because the Republican president and his white opioid addict nationalist furry cult keeps babbling about mEdIA lIeS while their dude is on tape saying ‘Yuuup. My guys are too ****ing dumb to know whats about to hit ‘em - covid kills, Bob!”

When these things change, I shall pick up mah rake and begin rakin’ the forest and I’ll report back!

So what is the fatality rate of the virus? Listen to what a Health Director defined as a COVID 19 death

THE DEATH COUNT EXPLAINED: Dr. Ngozi Ezike, director of Illinois Department of Public Health - YouTube

You keep showing your hatred and passion out of pure ignorance and liberal indoctrination refusing to tell us what Trump could have legally done in states and cities around the country. You are exactly what the radical left wants as a supporter, single issue voter out of touch with reality and the constitution having no problem putting a California SF liberal a heartbeat from the Presidency. You are blinded by pure irrational hatred out of indoctrination by the left who has sold you a bill of good because that is what you want to believe. You aren't very good at describing why you hate Trump so much.

Do you think Cuomo and Newsom would do anything that Trump said? Are you that naive and why can't you post the dates of Trump's rhetoric and not the actual actions he took?

Your belief of what Biden would do denies what Biden did do during this 45+ years in public office and what Harris brings to the table, SF violation of immigration law and radical social policies promoting illegal immigration homelessness, and poverty

The President has NO leverage over what states and cities do so keep ignoring the failures of liberalism in Seattle, Portland, LA, SF, Minneapolis, Kenosha, Chicago, NYC all cities run by liberals for decades. Passionate hatred out of ignorance is stunning

You need people like me to educate you about the facts and about how the real world works. NO ONE knows the true numerator or denominator yet. Therefore, no one knows what the death rate is. You can guess; so can I. Have you ever completed a death certificate? I have. Many. You were misled by the Illinois health official. If Covid is present at the time of death its not always listed as the PRIMARY cause of death. Do you know the exact number of deaths due to Covid? Due you know the exact number of people who are infected? If not, then your guess is only a little less valid than mine.
Yes, in the real world Newsome and Cuomo would have negotiated a settlement if federal funds would have been withheld by the jackass. Thats how it works in life: money talks. Did the jackass even try to do the right thing? No. He "downplayed it" as he admitted to doing on the Woodward tapes. He recommended injecting disinfectant. He delayed invoking the DPA. He still doesn't wear a mask and continues to hold indoor rallies where masks and distancing are optional-against local laws and against the advice of his advisers. He is truly a jackass....a lower form of life. Maybe you would like the pandemic to go on forever; I wouldn't. All dumbasses who refuse to wear masks when appropriate are part of the problem, not part of the solution. Did you hear Redfield say that if 95% of the people wore a mask for 4-8 weeks we would have control of this? Only idiots refuse to participate in the solution to this...selfish fools.
Basic tenet: your rights end where the health and safety of others begins. I try to educate you over and over again, but some people are just too ignorant to listen to facts.

Last edited:
You need people like me to educate you about the facts and about how the real world works. NO ONE knows the true numerator or denominator yet. Therefore, no one knows what the death rate is. You can guess; so can I.
Yes, in the real world Newsome and Cuomo would have negotiated a settlement if federal funds would have been withheld by the jackass. Thats how it works in life: money talks. Did the jackass even try to do the right thing? No. He "downplayed it" as he admitted to doing on the Woodward tapes. He recommended injecting disinfectant. He delayed invoking the DPA. He still doesn't wear a mask and continues to hold indoor rallies where masks and distancing are optional-against local laws and against the advice of his advisers. He is truly a jackass....a lower form of life. Maybe you would like the pandemic to go on forever; I wouldn't. All dumbasses who refuse to wear masks when appropriate are part of the problem, not part of the solution. Did you hear Redfield say that if 95% of the people wore a mask for 4-8 weeks we would have control of this? Only idiots refuse to participate in the solution to this...selfish fools.
Basic tenet: your rights end where the health and safety of others begins. I try to educate you over and over again, but some people are just too ignorant to listen to facts.

You have posted that many times, and yet you haven't explained yet where in the Constitution that the President of the United States has control over the actions of city and state governments. Your focus on masks although admirable violates the freedom granted to all Americans, you cannot arrest a person for not wearing a mask and deny them due process. How do you prove that someone not wearing a mask spread the virus?

Before educating me you really should educate yourself and while you are at it learn logic and common sense. No court in the country will prosecute any individual for not wearing a mask as it cannot be proven that any law was violated other than taking away their freedoms

You have posted that many times, and yet you haven't explained yet where in the Constitution that the President of the United States has control over the actions of city and state governments. Your focus on masks although admirable violates the freedom granted to all Americans, you cannot arrest a person for not wearing a mask and deny them due process. How do you prove that someone not wearing a mask spread the virus?

Before educating me you really should educate yourself and while you are at it learn logic and common sense. No court in the country will prosecute any individual for not wearing a mask as it cannot be proven that any law was violated other than taking away their freedoms

I never said that the president or any other federal official can control what happens with masks in individual states. Its not the way it works. The states maintain rights not expressly given to the federal government in this situation. You do not have to explain that. But it is very naive to state that the federal government has no leverage over the states. They do. Money talks. Thats the way of the world, for better or worse. Did the jackass even TRY to get states with high Covid rates to shut down, to get the residents to wear masks by mandate, to socially distance and prevent large gatherings by mandate? You know the answer to this. Or did he try to get the states to open before his own experts said it was safe to do so? Did he or did he not accuse the governor of Pennsylvania of delaying reopening his state to "hurt him politically"? Did the jackass downplay the pandemic early on as he admitted to doing on the Woodward tapes or did he "upplay" it as he said recently? He is a liar. How anyone can support him is beyond me.
As far as what the courts might or might not do to people who refuse to wear masks over and over again, thats a matter of speculation. My own opinion is that the states should specify penalties as follows: first offense, a warning. Second offense a fine of $500. Third offense a fine of $5000. Fourth offense: take away the criminal's driver's license for a year. Fifth offense: incarceration. That seems fair to me. I did not say that you have to resort to arresting anyone. Fines are easy; so is removing a drivers license (remember: driving is a privilege granted by each state, not a right). You do not have to show that someone spread the virus for them to have violated a mandate, just as you do not have to show that a drunk driver has injured someone -only that they exceeded the legal limit for alcohol in the blood or are impaired.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom