• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's now "THE TRUMP VIRUS"

I never said that the president or any other federal official can control what happens with masks in individual states. Its not the way it works. The states maintain rights not expressly given to the federal government in this situation. You do not have to explain that. But it is very naive to state that the federal government has no leverage over the states. They do. Money talks. Thats the way of the world, for better or worse. Did the jackass even TRY to get states with high Covid rates to shut down, to get the residents to wear masks by mandate, to socially distance and prevent large gatherings by mandate? You know the answer to this.
As far as what the courts might or might not do to people who refuse to wear masks over and over again, thats a matter of speculation. My own opinion is that the states should specify penalties as follows: first offense, a warning. Second offense a fine of $500. Third offense a fine of $5000. Fourth offense: take away the criminal's driver's license for a year. Fifth offense: incarceration. That seems fair to me. I did not say that you have to resort to arresting anyone. Fines are easy; so is removing a drivers license (remember: driving is a privilege granted by each state, not a right). You do not have to show that someone spread the virus for them to have violated a mandate, just as you do not have to show that a drunk driver has injured someone -only that they exceeded the legal limit for alcohol in the blood or are impaired.

So what is preventing your state from doing that

So what is preventing your state from doing that

My state HAS done that. What about all the other states? This is a worldwide problem. People travel from one state to another. Why hasn't the jackass withheld federal money from states without a mask mandate WHEN HIS OWN EXPERTS SAY THAT EVERYONE SHOULD WEAR ONE IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES??

The issue is that since the jackass CLEARLY knew that this virus was deadly (he admitted it to Woodward during a recorded interview) why didn't he level with the American people-or at least with the governors? Why didn't he encourage the governors to take action early on for the protection of the citizens of his country? Had he done so 90% of the lives lost would have been saved. Instead he said it would "go away like magic". The jackass is a pathological liar. He withheld critical information from us. Had he shared what he knew early on and encouraged the governors to act early on we would not be where we are now.

My state HAS done that. What about all the other states? This is a worldwide problem. People travel from one state to another. Why hasn't the jackass withheld federal money from states without a mask mandate WHEN HIS OWN EXPERTS SAY THAT EVERYONE SHOULD WEAR ONE IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES??

The issue is that since the jackass CLEARLY knew that this virus was deadly (he admitted it to Woodward during a recorded interview) why didn't he level with the American people-or at least with the governors? Why didn't he encourage the governors to take action early on for the protection of the citizens of his country? Had he done so 90% of the lives lost would have been saved. Instead he said it would "go away like magic". The jackass is a pathological liar. He withheld critical information from us. Had he shared what he knew early on and encouraged the governors to act early on we would not be where we are now.

Your state then will be taken to court, think they will prevail? You need to focus on what you can control now trying to control others, why does it matter what some other state does? Woodward's interview was about Trump's initial response, it is September 17,2020 and none of what Trump did in January prior to the 29 is relevant but anything after the 29th is ignored by you. Sorry but this doesn't resonate and nothing is going you change your mind, vote for Biden/Harris and live with those results, maybe then you will give an anal exam to their commitments and promises and failures.

Your state then will be taken to court, think they will prevail? You need to focus on what you can control now trying to control others, why does it matter what some other state does? Woodward's interview was about Trump's initial response, it is September 17,2020 and none of what Trump did in January prior to the 29 is relevant but anything after the 29th is ignored by you. Sorry but this doesn't resonate and nothing is going you change your mind, vote for Biden/Harris and live with those results, maybe then you will give an anal exam to their commitments and promises and failures.

Maybe they will be taken to court. Maybe they will win; maybe they will lose. My guess is that the states CAN mandate mask wearing, but not the feds. Some states have already been sued for such mandates. I believe Whitmer won her lawsuit in Michigan but the result was different in a similar lawsuit in Wisconsin-with disastrous results btw. People do not stay in one state. EVERY state needs a mask mandate for it to be effective. That is why some of the states require a quarantine period for citizens arriving from other states. The virus knows no borders.
You are mistaken: I am not trying to control others. I have no control over what anyone else does or thinks. However, I am advocating for the states and municipalities to do the right thing and pass local laws and mandates that are consistent with what the experts say will control the virus to account for the minority of dumbasses out there who are irresponsible. I have a copy of Woodward's book arriving today. I will check the dates but I am sure that those interviews were conducted after Covid arrived.
Did the jackass downplay or up play the pandemic? Which one was it again?

Maybe they will be taken to court. Maybe they will win; maybe they will lose. My guess is that the states CAN mandate mask wearing, but not the feds. Some states have already been sued for such mandates. I believe Whitmer won her lawsuit in Michigan but the result was different in a similar lawsuit in Wisconsin-with disastrous results btw. People do not stay in one state. EVERY state needs a mask mandate for it to be effective. That is why some of the states require a quarantine period for citizens arriving from other states. The virus knows no borders.
You are mistaken: I am not trying to control others. I have no control over what anyone else does or thinks. However, I am advocating for the states and municipalities to do the right thing and pass local laws and mandates that are consistent with what the experts say will control the virus to account for the minority of dumbasses out there who are irresponsible. I have a copy of Woodward's book arriving today. I will check the dates but I am sure that those interviews were conducted after Covid arrived.
Did the jackass downplay or up play the pandemic? Which one was it again?

The jackass as you call him is doing what the Constitution requires and allows which is freedom of speech and freedom of individual responsibility, you keep calling the President a jackass or other names you show immaturity and aren't worthy of any more responses. Your biased partisan single issue hatred ignores the alternative as you have bought the liberal rhetoric. You tell me what the President of the United States should have said in January when he was told that a nation of 1.4 billion people had the following results

China 85223 Cases 4634 deaths These are the September 15, 2020 results, want to know what they were in January? At the time Trump believed what he was told by W.H.O but a few days later implemented a travel ban. You seem to focus a lot of what the President says ignoring what the President does. Actions do speak louder than words don't they?

The jackass as you call him is doing what the Constitution requires and allows which is freedom of speech and freedom of individual responsibility, you keep calling the President a jackass or other names you show immaturity and aren't worthy of any more responses. Your biased partisan single issue hatred ignores the alternative as you have bought the liberal rhetoric. You tell me what the President of the United States should have said in January when he was told that a nation of 1.4 billion people had the following results

China 85223 Cases 4634 deaths These are the September 15, 2020 results, want to know what they were in January? At the time Trump believed what he was told by W.H.O but a few days later implemented a travel ban. You seem to focus a lot of what the President says ignoring what the President does. Actions do speak louder than words don't they?

Lack of acting is also an action. He admitted to Woodward early on (I will give you the date of the interview that confirms this) that he KNEW that the virus was deadly-but did nothing to prepare for it. He didn’t warn the governors; he didn’t ramp up testing materials and PPE; he wasn’t honest with the American people; and to this day the jackass continues to model crappy behavior, costing even more lives. And he failed to formulate a coherent national plan.
He deserves to be prosecuted, not elected.
I call him a jackass because he is not human. Truth is, calling him a jackass is an insult to jackasses everywhere. He is a liar and a racist. How anyone can support him is beyond me.

Lack of acting is also an action. He admitted to Woodward early on (I will give you the date of the interview that confirms this) that he KNEW that the virus was deadly-but did nothing to prepare for it. He didn’t warn the governors; he didn’t ramp up testing materials and PPE; he wasn’t honest with the American people; and to this day the jackass continues to model crappy behavior, costing even more lives. And he failed to formulate a coherent national plan.
I call him a jackass because he is not human. Truth is, calling him a jackass is an insult to jackasses everywhere. He is a liar and a racist. How anyone can support him is beyond me.

His rhetoric is irrelevant the legality of what he could do is relevant. I am sure that Trump is going to miss your vote in November knowing that you voted for him in 2016. Your opinion on this issue doesn't justify a vote for Biden/Harris as once the pandemic is over we are left with Biden/Harris or vice versus to manage the after effects. You want a country like California? better get out of your bubble and see what is going on in California especially in San Francisco.

As for the name calling, I never called Obama any names, always respected the office but not the policies. You call the President names and I will use the ignore function as that childish, immature, and unnecessary hatred based upon ignorance is uncalled for

His rhetoric is irrelevant the legality of what he could do is relevant. I am sure that Trump is going to miss your vote in November knowing that you voted for him in 2016. Your opinion on this issue doesn't justify a vote for Biden/Harris as once the pandemic is over we are left with Biden/Harris or vice versus to manage the after effects. You want a country like California? better get out of your bubble and see what is going on in California especially in San Francisco.

As for the name calling, I never called Obama any names, always respected the office but not the policies. You call the President names and I will use the ignore function as that childish, immature, and unnecessary hatred based upon ignorance is uncalled for

Nobody here has to justify their vote to you.

:lol:

Who do you think you are?

I think that Fauci cannot tell the public that yes, he warned the jackass in February that this was a possibility-widespread community transmission and the potential to be a disaster-for example. He is a smart man. He saw this coming. Hell, I saw this coming too, and I am not that smart. I bought a bunch of N95 mask and hand sanitizer in January when they were still available. If I can see it coming, I KNOW Fauci did too.
Clearly Fauci is not at liberty to publicly correct the jackass. If he was he would be telling the press that we are NOT rounding the corner in no uncertain terms. He might be advising the jackass to shut down certain hot spots, or at least make it highly unpleasant for the governors of those states to refuse to do so. He likely would letting the press know that he has advised the jackass to wear a damn mask in public but that the jackass refused.
If I am Fauci I would resign my place on the task force and publicly give Americans the hard cold truth in no uncertain terms.

One problem with your theory is that, no matter what Fauci may have said to Trump, we know that Trump was telling Woodward in February that he was fully aware of the disease's seriousness. I'm not sure whether or not you keep calling Trump "jackass" because you've bought into the Leftie idea that he was just fiddling while Corona burned, but the facts do not support that notion. If you want to believe that he's a jackass for other reasons, that's fine with me, because I'm by no means sure he made the right decision to play things down. However, keep in mind that Fauci was complicit in that decision, since he's on record as telling people not to buy masks in the time period you mentioned. I believe he and others did this because they were worried that private citizens were going to buy up so many masks that the doctors might run out. Maybe that too was the wrong decision, but I don't know that anyone currently has enough perspective to make that judgment.

So, if Trump had done all the things you think he should have done, and governors like Cuomo had refused to abide by those dictates, THEN, and only then, would it be the fault of that state governor?

Can you explain what your state and why governors around the country didn't pay any attention to the CDC guidelines issued March 1, 2020?

Public Health Communicators: Get Your Community Ready | CDC

Public Health Communicators: Get Your Community Ready
Interim guidance for COVID-19

Updated Mar. 1, 2020

The president shouldn't be a dictator and the fact that he refused to is a mark for his character. The shutdowns did nothing. Some places where there were shutdowns the infection rate is just as high as places where there aren't.

To essentially put the entire State on house arrest should be considered treason and punishable by execution.

No one is required to read my posts. You can ignore me if you want; I will not choose to ignore anyone here, nor will I allow you to bully me into dignifying the jackass by calling him by his proper name. He is a lower form of life because he values his re-election over human life. So many people have said that, people he has worked with, people who worked close to him, and his relatives. He is a jackass-or worse-and I will offer him no respect, here or elsewhere. I have no respect for any mass murderer.
But before you go I will post this from Woodward:

"Bob Woodward said President Trump’s false claim at a town hall this week that he never sought to downplay the threat of the coronavirus shows Trump has “lost his way, not just as president but as a human being trying to assess what’s real and what’s unreal.”

In a wide-ranging live interview with Yahoo News Editor in Chief Daniel Klaidman and Chief Investigative Correspondent Michael Isikoff for the “Skullduggery” podcast Thursday, Woodward said Trump’s assertion during the ABC town hall that he “up-played” the threat of COVID-19 to Americans was “so confusing, it makes you dizzy.”

“This idea of up-playing, I don’t think that’s even a word,” Woodward said. “Now it will be in one of those slang dictionaries.”

In a Feb. 7 interview for Woodward’s new book, “Rage,” Trump told him that he knew the virus — which has now killed over 190,000 Americans — was “more deadly than even your strenuous flus.”

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump said, adding: “This is deadly stuff.”

But publicly, Trump sought to downplay the virus, which he acknowledged in another interview with Woodward on March 19.

“I wanted to always play it down,” he said. “I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic.”"

I although you may ignore me, I will feel free to comment on what you write if I consider it misdirected or lacking merit. Bye.

Last edited:
Can you explain what your state and why governors around the country didn't pay any attention to the CDC guidelines issued March 1, 2020?

Public Health Communicators: Get Your Community Ready | CDC

So what? I am not complaining about what the CDC did, other than to screw up the testing kits early on. My issue is with the jackass of Pennsylvania Avenue who failed to be truthful with the American people and to use his significant leverage to push the governors to shut their states in a timely manner, not to mention ramping up testing materials and PPE early on and formulating a national plan to address the pandemic-like all successful countries did.

Time to fire the jackass and give someone else a chance.

The president shouldn't be a dictator and the fact that he refused to is a mark for his character. The shutdowns did nothing. Some places where there were shutdowns the infection rate is just as high as places where there aren't.

To essentially put the entire State on house arrest should be considered treason and punishable by execution.

A dictator TELLS the states what they have to do. A decent president WARNS the states to prepare for a disaster (not the CDC, the PRESIDENT), formulate a national plan, and make sure the states have what they need to do battle early on. He failed -and continues to fail (rallies where masks are optional, distancing is optional etc) to listen to those who know more than he does because he thinks he knows more than anyone else. He ONLY cares about himself and he re-election, and for that I can never forgive him.

Great how do you prove your allegations? How do you know who infects you with the virus? Sounds like someone who wants a police state, is that what you really want?

Depends on the status of mask refusers. Those I would police as enemies of civilization.

A dictator TELLS the states what they have to do. A decent president WARNS the states to prepare for a disaster (not the CDC, the PRESIDENT), formulate a national plan, and make sure the states have what they need to do battle early on. He failed -and continues to fail (rallies where masks are optional, distancing is optional etc) to listen to those who know more than he does because he thinks he knows more than anyone else. He ONLY cares about himself and he re-election, and for that I can never forgive him.

It's not a disaster. The reaction was the disaster. He shouldn't make these warnings. That's just fear mongering. And if he did it he'd be criticised.

I don’t know, I’ve been stuck in my house for 7 months because the Republican president and his white opioid addict nationalist furry cult keeps babbling about mEdIA lIeS while their dude is on tape saying ‘Yuuup. My guys are too ****ing dumb to know whats about to hit ‘em - covid kills, Bob!”

When these things change, I shall pick up mah rake and begin rakin’ the forest and I’ll report back!

If you vote for Joe Biden and he wins you likely will be stuck in your house longer and you may to legally required to wear a mask when you leave your house. Perhaps even while you are raking the forest.

If you vote for Joe Biden and he wins you likely will be stuck in your house longer and you may to legally required to wear a mask when you leave your house. Perhaps even while you are raking the forest.

No worries, come winter when Trump’s death total is 300-400k, none of us will be able to leave our homes. No masks!

It's not a disaster. The reaction was the disaster. He shouldn't make these warnings. That's just fear mongering. And if he did it he'd be criticised.

How many dead Americans does it take to constitute an emergency?

Awww
How difficult it would be for everyone to wear a mask.

To justify the dictator reaction of putting everyone on house arrest? All of them. Give me liberty or give me death.

Exaggerate much?
Wearing a mask is easy. It’s what it takes to control the pandemic.

Back
Top Bottom