• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's now "THE TRUMP VIRUS"

boxedin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
'nuff said...

'nuff said...

Sure. Trump hid in the basement of the White House and developed it with Putin’s help on the hot line. He then released it from the top of Trump Tower.

Sure. Trump hid in the basement of the White House and developed it with Putin’s help on the hot line. He then released it from the top of Trump Tower.

That’s odd. I see Trump on TV everyday at a presser where he answers from reporters who dislike him with a passion. Joe Biden appears every other day and has a crowd of usually five to ten people. Joe also takes questions occasionally but supposedly they are scripted so Joe can read his reply from his teleprompter.

That’s odd. I see Trump on TV everyday at a presser where he answers from reporters who dislike him with a passion. Joe Biden appears every other day and has a crowd of usually five to ten people. Joe also takes questions occasionally but supposedly they are scripted so Joe can read his reply from his teleprompter.

I am sure you watch all the Fox News/Trump Propaganda stations.

He didn’t need to. He just needed to listen to his buddy Xi tell him it’s a 5x deadlier than the flu airborne pathogen, and then he simply refrained from telling us that.

And deny that testing is necessary.

And make fun of masks.

And encourage rallies without masks knowing that his buddy Xi told him it was a 5X deadlier than the flu airborne pathogen

Trump did not create this virus, and then release it upon the American public. We just can’t tell the difference between what that would look like and how things currently look is all.

I am sure you watch all the Fox News/Trump Propaganda stations.

Fox News told me the Putin/Trump collusion theory was one BIG NOTHING BURGER. Fox New was right. All the other news outlets with the exception of OANN breathless reported almost every night that Trump would be impeached and removed from office because of new evidence.

Explain to me why I should listen to news stations that were totally wrong. I am no longer a Democrat so I don’t need to listen to Democrat propaganda.

He didn’t need to. He just needed to listen to his buddy Xi tell him it’s a 5x deadlier than the flu airborne pathogen, and then he simply refrained from telling us that.

And make fun of masks.

And encourage rallies without masks knowing that his buddy Xi told him it was a 5X deadlier than the flu airborne pathogen

Trump did not create this virus, and then release it upon the American public. We just can’t tell the difference between what that would look like and how things currently look is all.

Your Trump Derangement Syndrome is showing.

In passing Governor Cuomo was concerned with fear and panic about the virus too.

Fox News told me the Putin/Trump collusion theory was one BIG NOTHING BURGER. Fox New was right. All the other news outlets with the exception of OANN breathless reported almost every night that Trump would be impeached and removed from office because of new evidence.

Explain to me why I should listen to news stations that were totally wrong. I am no longer a Democrat so I don’t need to listen to Democrat propaganda.

Yes, Faux News. Rupert Murdoch's propoganda channel.

Your Trump Derangement Syndrome is showing.

In passing Governor Cuomo was concerned with fear and panic about the virus too.

He’s not running for potus, and he’ll have to face his voters.

Just like Trump needs to account to all of us.

Yes, Faux News. Rupert Murdoch's propoganda channel.

Fox News was right that the Mueller investigation would not prove collusion between Putin and the Trump campaign. How does that qualify as propaganda? I would call that good journalism.

Are you arguing that CNN and MSNBC were not pushing propaganda when night after night they had breaking news that evidence had been discovered that would lead to Trump’s impeachment?

He’s not running for potus, and he’ll have to face his voters.

Just like Trump needs to account to all of us.

So you would rather had Trump scare the hell out of everybody and cause a mass panic. Perhaps he should have come out and said, “China was enhancing a coronavirus in a laboratory and possibly weaponizing it. Unfortunately it escaped. It may kill millions and millions of people in the United States. We will try our best to find a cure and eventually a vaccine but it make take a year or more and we may never get a vaccine. Have a great day.”

Fox News was right that the Mueller investigation would not prove collusion between Putin and the Trump campaign. How does that qualify as propaganda? I would call that good journalism.

Don't hang your hat on it...Mueller's investigation was inconclusive because of Trump's obstruction...and Trump can still be indicted the minute he leaves office. And the FBI is just itching to finish the investigation.

Absolutely!

His country has the most cases and most deaths, by far...he tried to minimize it until it had the upper hand and it was too late. Score: virus 1, The Donald 0.

"Trump virus" for sure.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

"THE TRUMP VIRUS"

"....For your listening pleasure, while you are being done in...."

Are you arguing that CNN and MSNBC were not pushing propaganda when night after night they had breaking news that evidence had been discovered that would lead to Trump’s impeachment?

Well, this is a mischaracterization. But, hey, what every makes you feel better.

So you would rather had Trump scare the hell out of everybody and cause a mass panic. Perhaps he should have come out and said, “China was enhancing a coronavirus in a laboratory and possibly weaponizing it. Unfortunately it escaped. It may kill millions and millions of people in the United States. We will try our best to find a cure and eventually a vaccine but it make take a year or more and we may never get a vaccine. Have a great day.”

Obviously you listen to the propaganda from the fake news channels. You should question their accuracy as they have been wrong so often.

Well, this is a mischaracterization. But, hey, what every makes you feel better.

True. MSNBC and CNN are downright good at mischaracterization especially when it involves collusion between Trump and Putin.

...or he could have told us the truth, behaved according to the info *he* was relaying to Woodward vs telling everyone it was a flu and holding rallies.

It would be nice if Trump sped up the spread of the same rapid testing he has access to in The WH. Maybe one day it’ll escape from the oval into American cities and communities same as the Trump Plague.

And make fun of masks.

Well, that last statement is not necessarily true I think. I live in Thailand and we had a stretch of 100 days without local infections of Covid. And I can tell you from experience what that looks like.The first 6 weeks everybody was on edge. Now even before the pandemic you would always see some people wearing masks, but during those first 6 weeks you would not spot many people without a mask. I actually joked about it one time when I was on the bike in front of the traffic light and I noticed that everybody on the bike had a mask, but about half of them did not wear a helmet. And the number of people that die each year of a motor accident in Thailand is very high. Way way higher than Covid.

Anyways, after those 6 weeks it slowly became clear that Thailand was doing a pretty amazing job. Very slowly restrictions lifted and people took more freedoms.

How?

- The government closed the borders and the Airports.
- I think the Thai people, in general, listen better when advised by the government. Though admittedly, many foreigners in Thailand deny this.
- Anyone returning from overseas (only Thai people until July!) has to go into quarantine for 2 weeks in provided accommodation. Because the government understand you can not trust everybody, and it only takes one to mess up the successes we have now.

Don't get me wrong though. Here too they made a few major errors.

- Military delegation in transit to China (passed from 2 locations in the Middle East!) could stay in a hotel. 2 of them were infected. Thailand was lucky, no local infections...

And you know what struck me most? Thailand is not exactly a rich country, but they are doing OK and developing at a good pace. They depend on Tourism for about 20% of the GDP. Yet in a survey 95% of the population indicated that the Thai government should NOT open the border! You know how much this hurts them? I see rich people putting 20 bags of food on their gate for the people that lost the job and not have income. Every day for months!

And this is how you fight Covid-19. TOGETHER!

The US' only hope now I am afraid, is a vaccine.

The Trumpet is a very bad person. He has created a catastrophe for the people he is supposed to protect. And it was mostly avoidable. Yes, I can well understand that people say now it is the Trump virus. And they are right in many ways.

But rest assured, it is not his fault. It is never his fault. But it is....

Joey

Well, that last statement is not necessarily true I think. I live in Thailand and we had a stretch of 100 days without local infections of Covid. And I can tell you from experience what that looks like.The first 6 weeks everybody was on edge. Now even before the pandemic you would always see some people wearing masks, but during those first 6 weeks you would not spot many people without a mask. I actually joked about it one time when I was on the bike in front of the traffic light and I noticed that everybody on the bike had a mask, but about half of them did not wear a helmet. And the number of people that die each year of a motor accident in Thailand is very high. Way way higher than Covid.

Anyways, after those 6 weeks it slowly became clear that Thailand was doing a pretty amazing job. Very slowly restrictions lifted and people took more freedoms.

How?

- The government closed the borders and the Airports.
- I think the Thai people, in general, listen better when advised by the government. Though admittedly, many foreigners in Thailand deny this.
- Anyone returning from overseas (only Thai people until July!) has to go into quarantine for 2 weeks in provided accommodation. Because the government understand you can not trust everybody, and it only takes one to mess up the successes we have now.

Don't get me wrong though. Here too they made a few major errors.

- Military delegation in transit to China (passed from 2 locations in the Middle East!) could stay in a hotel. 2 of them were infected. Thailand was lucky, no local infections...

And you know what struck me most? Thailand is not exactly a rich country, but they are doing OK and developing at a good pace. They depend on Tourism for about 20% of the GDP. Yet in a survey 95% of the population indicated that the Thai government should NOT open the border! You know how much this hurts them? I see rich people putting 20 bags of food on their gate for the people that lost the job and not have income. Every day for months!

And this is how you fight Covid-19. TOGETHER!

The US' only hope now I am afraid, is a vaccine.

The Trumpet is a very bad person. He has created a catastrophe for the people he is supposed to protect. And it was mostly avoidable. Yes, I can well understand that people say now it is the Trump virus. And they are right in many ways.

But rest assured, it is not his fault. It is never his fault. But it is....

Joey

What you described at the very least is a national leadership that actively tried to fight the virus. AMericans listened to our government, most of us. The problem is our federal government is headed by a man who lied to his own country about the virus because he had no intention of fighting it. He had decided it was PR issue, and we are paying the price.

What you described at the very least is a national leadership that actively tried to fight the virus. AMericans listened to our government, most of us. The problem is our federal government is headed by a man who lied to his own country about the virus because he had no intention of fighting it. He had decided it was PR issue, and we are paying the price.

Sad, isn't it?

Joey

Back
Top Bottom