• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's Mid-November and we now have TWO VACCINES. Trump kept another promise.

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
That's right folks. Trump's efforts at "Operation Warp Speed" have proven effective,

A week or so ago Pfizer announced their vaccine successes:

Now Moderna announces their vaccine success:

What did Trump say? "We are looking to get a vaccine by end of year, maybe before..."

That was back in May 2020. Of course talking heads in the media, and "science experts" scoffed, and Trump's own medical "advisors" warned him against being so optimistic.

Basically the whole "establishment" said he was making another promise he could not keep.

Our "Usual Suspects" in this Forum joined that bandwagon, and even when Pfizer first announced, these same Members were quick to assert "This had NOTHING to do with Trump's 'warp speed.'"

I can't wait to see the posts to follow explaining how Trump was still "wrong" and how credit for this "speedy process" should be given elsewhere. :coffee:

That's right folks. Trump's efforts at "Operation Warp Speed" have proven effective,

A week or so ago Pfizer announced their vaccine successes:

Now Moderna announces their vaccine success:

What did Trump say? "We are looking to get a vaccine by end of year, maybe before..."

That was back in May 2020. Of course talking heads in the media, and "science experts" scoffed, and Trump's own medical "advisors" warned him against being so optimistic.

Basically the whole "establishment" said he was making another promise he could not keep.

Our "Usual Suspects" in this Forum joined that bandwagon, and even when Pfizer first announced, these same Members were quick to assert "This had NOTHING to do with Trump's 'warp speed.'"

I can't wait to see the posts to follow explaining how Trump was still "wrong" and how credit for this "speedy process" should be given elsewhere. :coffee:

Guess I should vote for him then.

giphy.gif

Tweety didn't spend a second in the lab. Instead, he held ego rallies.

Right on cue. Ad hominem combined with a red herring.

No one said Trump "developed" the vaccines. Not even Trump.

The OP points out that he was taking every measure to speed up this process, and have a vaccine ready at "warp speed."

That despite his own "science experts," and MSM talking heads, he would expect it by the end of the year if not before.

Now we have TWO, and there are several other's also in the works.

Gee Pfizer and Moderna must have already received either an approval or an emergency authorization. I must have missed it.

Guess I better get in line at my CVS. Must be ready to start putting needles in arms. NOT!!!!!!

Aside from the press conference on Friday, “the president has never been very actively involved,” he said. “As I’ve said many times, we’ve had no interference one way or the other. We have informed him from time to time.”

Gee Pfizer and Moderna must have already received either an approval or an emergency authorization. I must have missed it.

Guess I better get in line at my CVS. Must be ready to start putting needles in arms. NOT!!!!!!

More fallacious deflections, as per usual.

Airyaman, see post #5.

Meanwhile...

It is 11/20/20. We now have TWO vaccines. There is plenty of time for the government to support both production methods and distribution prior to 12/31/20.

Do try harder to see reason, and accept the fact that Trump was right and "experts" were wrong. :coffee:

Tweety didn't spend a second in the lab. Instead, he held ego rallies.

He created the envirinment that enabled the invention of the vaccines.

You won't give him credit, but let one person die from adverse side effects, or let the vaccines be less affective than advertised and you'll damn well say it's his fault...lol

More fallacious deflections, as per usual.

Airyaman, see post #5.

Meanwhile...

It is 11/20/20. We now have TWO vaccines. There is plenty of time for the government to support both production methods and distribution prior to 12/31/20.

Do try harder to see reason, and accept the fact that Trump was right and "experts" were wrong. :coffee:

And thank christ Biden will be President when the vaccines are distributed. If anybody wants to know what a vaccine distribution would be like under Trump, just look back to the distribution of medical supplies during the beginning of the outbreak.

He created the envirinment that enabled the invention of the vaccines.

You won't give him credit, but let one person die from adverse side effects, or let the vaccines be less affective than advertised and you'll damn well say it's his fault...lol

Bullshit. He downplayed the virus, put on a clown show, and did a lot of damage. I don't deal in alternate reality.

The OP points out that he was taking every measure to speed up this process, and have a vaccine ready at "warp speed."

That despite his own "science experts," and MSM talking heads, he would expect it by the end of the year if not before.

See above.

Wingnuts suddenly understand the potential of the federal government to get good outcomes from industry.

When the Feds step back and clear a path for the private sector to do it's thing. But, when they want to step in, create all kind of stupid, useless regulations and micromanage the private sector, is when things go to shit.

Bullshit. He downplayed the virus, put on a clown show, and did a lot of damage. I don't deal in alternate reality.

It's not bullshit and you damn well know it.

When the Feds step back and clear a path for the private sector to do it's thing. But, when they want to step in, create all kind of stupid, useless regulations and micromanage the private sector, is when things go to shit.

If wingnuts have been won over to more federally-funded research, great!

It is bullshit. Have a great weekend.
So i guess you won't be getting the vaccine then.
after all trump was responsible for getting it here so quickly.

First, Pfizer's was developed by a German company.

Second, neither of these vaccines are actually complete right now.

We have a vaccine?! Where and when can I go to receive it?

The vaccine was Federally funded?
How is Operation Warp Speed being funded?
Congress has directed almost $10 billion to this effort through supplemental funding, including the CARES Act. Congress has also appropriated other flexible funding. The almost $10 billion specifically directed includes more than $6.5 billion designated for countermeasure development through BARDA and $3 billion for NIH research.

Back
Top Bottom