• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Israeli nuclear counterstike

Would you support an Israeli nuclear response to an Iranian nuclear attack?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
teacher said:
Hey Big G,

In your opinion, do you think that if Iran makes nukes, will they use them, or allow them to "fall" into the hands of those who will use them against Israel?

I don't think that the President has the stones to do it himself. The second seems like the kind of thing he would do.

This is where things get confusing to me. Nuclear energy would be great for empowering the infrastructure of Iran and aid in putting in end to the information gap and cultural lag in the area, but the President is an obvious douche bag that would most probably devote the energy to weapons rather than infrastructure.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Once football team is know in a particular district for being very "unsportsman like." The district cancels the entire football season for all teams in the district.
Bravo. It's still not a solution.
So...
How does the world get Iran to play nice and not nuke Israel?

M14 Shooter said:
So...

GREAT QUESTION. Honestly, I don't have an answer. I don't know all that much about Iran, but I do know that internally they are experiencing alot of problems at the moment. Too many people have been educated. Given enough time, I'm sure a revolution/enlightment will take place on its own. We can help it along, but I wouldn't do anything intrusive. What we need to do is win the people inside Iran, for Isreal and the entire western world.

teacher said:
Hey Big G,

In your opinion, do you think that if Iran makes nukes, will they use them, or allow them to "fall" into the hands of those who will use them against Israel?

Whats the real difference if the result is the same?

Gandhi>Bush said:
That's a solution to you?

Threaten every Arab in the Middle East and expect to find some sort of Peace? That's absolutely ridiculous.

Mutually assured destruction usually results in a detante.
Unfortunately when fanatics are involved people just get smoked.

Um, for Mutually Assured Destruction to work, one side (ie the Arab leaders) can't be suicidal maniacs.

vergiss said:
Um, for Mutually Assured Destruction to work, one side (ie the Arab leaders) can't be suicidal maniacs.

Then the only solution is to strike before they can strike you.

I think is it alright for Israel to have nuclear weapons; first, because Israel is a stable country who is not involved in terrorism. Second, they are a big ally of the United States. (U.S. Rules).

Gandhi>Bush said:
Iran has a US embassy today, yes?
The Islamic Republic of Iran does not have an embassy in the United States. Iran has an 'Interests Section' in the Pakistani Embassy in Washington, DC. Neither the US nor Israel have an embassy or consulate office in Iran, and the Swiss embassy acts as an unofficial intermediary for these nations.

GarzaUK said:
Replace Mullahs and Radical Islam with the West and America and you sound just like jolly old Bin Laden.

So what do you suggest turn the other cheeck, appeasement of the Iranian president, perhaps allow him to wipe Israel off the map, give me a break lets kill the ****er.

This'll stir things up a bit.

http://washtimes.com/commentary/20051211-092550-1912r.htm
Good news. On Thursday, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, president of Iran, who recently called for wiping Israel off the map, moderated his position. In a spirit of statesmanlike compromise, he now wants Israel wiped off the map of the Middle East and wiped onto the map of Europe.
"Some European countries insist on saying that Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews in furnaces," President Ahmadinejad told Iranian TV viewers. "Although we don't accept this claim, if we suppose it is true," he added sportingly, "if European countries claim that they have killed Jews in World War II," Mr. Ahmadinejad told Iranian TV, "why don't they provide the Zionist regime with a piece of Europe? Germany and Austria can provide the regime with two or three provinces for this regime to establish itself, and the issue will be resolved. You offer part of Europe and we will support it."

What to do with a country that foments unrest in yours and publicly advocates pushing your people into the sea?

1) If you're really really strong, like the US, you pay them to keep it up as a political diversion for the opposition party.

2) If you're the weaker of the two countries, you find a really really strong friend like the US and convince them to support you, thus fending off the attack.

3) If you're moderately stronger, but not so strong as you would like, you grit your teeth and deal with "incidents" as best you can.

4) If you're moderately stronger now, but the offending nation is about to go nuclear, you attack and eliminate their nuclear ability and maybe the political life of that regime.

Isreal is doing (3). I don't know that they can do (4) completely, too many political ramifications at this time. I'm sure the US wants Isreal to be invisible for the time being.

Iran may not permit that.

Oh, and IMO the remark about carving out a piece of Germany and Austria for the Jewish victims of the Holocaust made sense, in 1945. A little late for that now, though.

Has anyone stopped to consider that maybe the Iranian leaders want the IDF to launch a pre-emptive strike against them?

If the Israeli military were forced to attack Iran they would be taking a huge strategic gamble. Forcing a large air strike against distant targets (which the Iranian leaders have surely anticipated) could temporary jeopardize Israel's homeland security. Israel's hostile neighbours would almost certainly take advantage of the opportunity if they felt there was a realistic chance of defeating Israel.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
So what do you suggest turn the other cheeck, appeasement of the Iranian president, perhaps allow him to wipe Israel off the map, give me a break lets kill the ****er.

What the hell? He didn't say anything like that anywhere. Good job at making yourself look like a fool. :lol:

No he compared someones call for the death of the Iranian president to the words of O.B.L. as if there is some sort of moral equivalency.

:lol:

Re-read what you just said. Seriously. Go on.

new coup for you said:
i'm tired of hearing people cry about an area of sand smaller then New Jersey

And how much land did the World Trade Center and the Pentagon take up?

No he compared someones call for the death of the Iranian president to the words of O.B.L. as if there is some sort of moral equivalency.

There isn't?

Publically calling for someone's death... seems like that can't really ever be a good thing.

The Europeans have no guts,their Eunuchs.They will never do anything sustantial to Iran no matter what Iran does. None of the choices are good.

M14 Shooter said:
So...
We, the USA, with or without the support of the UN, tell Iran, North Korea, and any other country developing nuclear weapons that to use them in an offensive attack means that they will receive in return, within 24 hours, thousands of non-nuclear weapons in return, at the least. Their country will be considered a free fire zone, where we can go in and take out all their planes, tanks, missile sites, etc. In short, bomb them into a defenseless position, and then step back and let their immediate neighbors have their way with them.
Back to the original question, I suspect that Israel has enough neutron bombs to blast a dead zone for several hundred miles into their neighboring enemy's territory, as well as enough regular nuclear bombs to reach the major cities of any country that attacks them, and will use them in their own best interests.
Pretty much what we would do, I think, if someone attacked us with a nuclear weapon.

For you folks in Europe and the US, chew on these...

Iran nuclear-capable missiles:

SHAHAB-4 / In use / 3 stage / MRBM
Range: 1,800mi - Payload: 640#

SHAHAB-5 / In production / 3 stage / IRBM
Range: 2,700mi - Payload: 860#

SHAHAB-6 / proto-production / 3 stage / LRICBM
Range: 4,200mi - Payload: 640#

SHAHAB-7 / R&D / 3 stage / FRICBM
Range: 9,300mi - Payload: 220# or Range: 6,200mi - Payload: 1,800#

With the SHAHAB-6, Iranian nukes can reach Europe. The SHAHAB-7 will have a range to reach the eastern seaboard United States.

Tashah said:
For you folks in Europe and the US, chew on these...

Iran nuclear-capable missiles:

SHAHAB-4 / In use / 3 stage / MRBM
Range: 1,800mi - Payload: 640#

SHAHAB-5 / In production / 3 stage / IRBM
Range: 2,700mi - Payload: 860#

SHAHAB-6 / proto-production / 3 stage / LRICBM
Range: 4,200mi - Payload: 640#

With the SHAHAB-6, Iranian nukes can reach Europe. The SHAHAB-7 will have a range to reach the eastern seaboard United States.

And if they can't build it, don't worry, Mother Russia will just sell them one that can. They are really becoming a pain in the ass these days, we may have to send some sanctions their way.:roll:

Tashah said:

And they say we dont need a NMD.

Gandhi>Bush said:
There isn't?

Publically calling for someone's death... seems like that can't really ever be a good thing.

Often it's not.

Then again, a whole lot of trouble would have been saved if Lee Harvey Oswald had nailed Hitler in 1933 instead of JFK in 1963.

Back
Top Bottom