• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Israeli nuclear counterstike

Would you support an Israeli nuclear response to an Iranian nuclear attack?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
UtahBill said:
We, the USA, with or without the support of the UN, tell Iran, North Korea, and any other country developing nuclear weapons that to use them in an offensive attack means that they will receive in return, within 24 hours, thousands of non-nuclear weapons in return, at the least. Their country will be considered a free fire zone, where we can go in and take out all their planes, tanks, missile sites, etc. In short, bomb them into a defenseless position, and then step back and let their immediate neighbors have their way with them.
Back to the original question, I suspect that Israel has enough neutron bombs to blast a dead zone for several hundred miles into their neighboring enemy's territory, as well as enough regular nuclear bombs to reach the major cities of any country that attacks them, and will use them in their own best interests.
Pretty much what we would do, I think, if someone attacked us with a nuclear weapon.

No.

Anyone that attacks us with a nuclear weapon should have every reason to expect that everyone will get to see the beauty of their homeland.

At sunsets and sunrises because we've turned it into a glowing stinking crater and airborne dust.

Deegan said:
And if they can't build it, don't worry, Mother Russia will just sell them one that can. They are really becoming a pain in the ass these days, we may have to send some sanctions their way.:roll:

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the Cold War ended over a decade ago. You can get over it now.

vergiss said:
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the Cold War ended over a decade ago. You can get over it now.

Actually, I just saw a report where Russia has been selling arms to whomever has the money. This is a post-cold war issue.

independent_thinker2002 said:
Actually, I just saw a report where Russia has been selling arms to whomever has the money. This is a post-cold war issue.
It is Russia who is building the Iranian two-reactor/light-water facility at Bushehr. Parlaying this technical knowledge, Iran is now building a heavy-water nuclear reactor at Arak. Highly enriched uranium (HEU) can be obtained from light-water reactor waste, while heavy-water reactors yield plutonium.

Tashah said:
It is Russia who is building the Iranian two-reactor/light-water facility at Bushehr. Parlaying this technical knowledge, Iran is now building a heavy-water nuclear reactor at Arak. Highly enriched uranium (HEU) can be obtained from light-water reactor waste, while heavy-water reactors yield plutonium.

I have also heard that they are helping with delivery systems and selling that technology.

Doesn't surprise me one bit that Russia would be selling to Iran.:(

Back
Top Bottom