• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this man Obama's worst nightmare?

Right now we don't. Ever hear of JC Watts?

And you don't think NOT running comes from the amount of hate they get when they DO run do you? Look at Clarence Thomas, one of the smartest men on the High Court, and he's attacked, smeared, his reputation besmirched at every turn.

Yeah..you can tell how intelligent Clarence Thomas is by his level of participation, his insightful questioning and the vast opinions he's offered.

Care to try again?

So far DD is the only one who has done that in this thread. Countering someone painting the actions of a few people on the entire party by doing exactly that is kind of hypocritical.

And if you go back and actually read the posts, you would see that not only did I say that not everyone in the GOP is racist, I said that there are more non-racists than racist. Sorry....but those are the facts.

In short.. no. Putting a black man up against Obama just because he is black will not make the bulk of the Republican party change its spots and vote for him. Of course if it is to give Obama a second term, then go ahead.

Note I am not judging this guy at all, dont know him and he could be a sensible person for all I know. He is just in the wrong party if he wants to get elected.. and wrong state it seems...

You might not be judging him, but you are judging the Republican Party. Other than the lack of many blacks being Republicans what proof do you have that Republicans care about skin color? To me the lack of blacks says more about blacks being predjudiced against Rep. than the other way around. What are we supposed to do, go and drag them off the street and force them to register as Rep?
I don't care what color Cain is. I've heard him enough times to know I like what I hear.
On the left, it seems to be all about color and not about the person.
What do you mean he is in the wrong party? Are you saying he doesn't have enough sense to know what he believes in? Or are you saying he should be dishonest just to get elected?

Hes got big experience in the private sector which is fantastic but he is a social and religious con so I cant vote for him and look myself in the mirror the next day. I did that once when I voted for Bush in 04.

Side Note: WMD claiming to be a victim in being demonized by the left is funny when they do the same exact thing to the left. They along with Freeperland are the right wing counterparts to Daily Kos and Huffington.

Last edited:
Hes got big experience in the private sector which is fantastic but he is a social and religious con so I cant vote for him and look myself in the mirror the next day.

What do you mean by social, religious,con? I'm mostly concerned about the word con.

Yeah..you can tell how intelligent Clarence Thomas is by his level of participation, his insightful questioning and the vast opinions he's offered.

Care to try again?

You've had your ass handed to you before attacking Thomas, and I gave muiltiple links and resources explaining Thomas's style on the bench and why he is how he is. YOU perpetuate the liberal lie that he's a dummy that does little.

And why do you do this?

Cause he's a BLACK conservative.

In a thread where you are attempting to smack the GOP about Race, you show pure bigotry and hypocrisy on the issue. Only you DD, can do it and HONESTLY not see it yourself.

Southerners were the racists. The voting came along regional lines, not party lines. Besides, all those southern democrats that voted against civil rights? They're Republicans now.

Source please ...?

Watched the video, scanned the article. Oh, I'm sure anybody in a white supremacist organization is going to raise his hand. We don't need no stinkin anonymity! BIG strike against him that he is vocally against gay marriage.

That's all I got so far.

BIG red flag. "I believe life begins at conception," he said, "so I do not support abortion."

I know right!? How dare he be against killing babies... what a dirt bag!

Interesting length you would take my comment to. I just said I wouldn't vote for a pro-lifer.

I know right!? How dare he be against killing babies... what a dirt bag!

You've had your ass handed to you before attacking Thomas, and I gave muiltiple links and resources explaining Thomas's style on the bench and why he is how he is. YOU perpetuate the liberal lie that he's a dummy that does little.

And why do you do this?

In a thread where you are attempting to smack the GOP about Race, you show pure bigotry and hypocrisy on the issue. Only you DD, can do it and HONESTLY not see it yourself.
And this coming from the side that gave us the priceless and completely idiotic gifts Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Sonya Sotomayor(probably), Stevens, and Breyer. I especially love the gems regarding U.S. policy against international law from Ginsberg.:lamo

Southerners were the racists. The voting came along regional lines, not party lines. Besides, all those southern democrats that voted against civil rights? They're Republicans now.

Really? Byrd who just died held the longest filibuster on the civil rights act of 1964 and remained democrat. So I will say you statement is based on bias not fact

Interesting length you would take my comment to. I just said I wouldn't vote for a pro-lifer.

You're right - I apologize. He's not a dirt bag.

And why do you do this?

Oh puh-lease. Your "handing me my ass" by your links were sites saying that "the reason why Thomas rarely participates, doesn't ask questions and rarely writes important opinions is because he is a THINKER". LOL....that's like GWB calling himself "the decider". Its also like saying that a blind date has a "nice personality"......Thomas is a mental midget who doesn't participate because he doesn't know what the hell he is doing half the time.

Last edited:
You're ignorance is the sad truth? I agree...

Get back to me when the GOP actually nominates a black person for President. Until then you have no room to stand...sorry.

Yet the head of the RNC is black

Being head of the RNC isn't exactly being the same as the President now is it? I'm waiting for people to say...but...but...but....Condaleza Rice was Secretary of State....

Again....when the GOP actually nominates a black person for President....get back to me.

Being head of the RNC isn't exactly being the same as the President now is it? I'm waiting for people to say...but...but...but....Condaleza Rice was Secretary of State....

Again....when the GOP actually nominates a black person for President....get back to me.

It is a high ranking position showing that Blacks can and do have important role in the GOP. Notice the dems have a half white president

It is a high ranking position showing that Blacks can and do have important role in the GOP. Notice the dems have a half white president

The head of the DNC and GOP are not really all that important. In any event, I never made the claim that people of color can't have an important role in the GOP. There have been some that have. What I was arguing and stand by is that the GOP base is never going to nominate a person of color for President. I can pretty much guarantee that.

Everybody in this country has a biracial President, not just the dems.

The head of the DNC and GOP are not really all that important. In any event, I never made the claim that people of color can't have an important role in the GOP. There have been some that have. What I was arguing and stand by is that the GOP base is never going to nominate a person of color for President. I can pretty much guarantee that.

The democrats haven't. They have a half white president

Everybody in this country has the same president. Our POTUS is biracial. You saying anything else just makes you sound very confused.

Everybody in this country has the same president. Our POTUS is biracial. You saying anything else just makes you sound very confused.

Not confused. His mother was white and he was raised by his white grandparents and sent to private schools. It seems to me he was raised more white than black

He was RAISED. Period.

Back
Top Bottom