• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this man Obama's worst nightmare?

The Democrats did, and so anything is possible.

YES!! I just heard about this on FOX! He looks and sounds really healthy. Now, if he can just get the financially backing, I'm sure he'll have the grass roots support he's looking for.
He may just be the one we've been waiting for to put his hat in the ring.

YES!! I just heard about this on FOX! He looks and sounds really healthy. Now, if he can just get the financially backing, I'm sure he'll have the grass roots support he's looking for.
He may just be the one we've been waiting for to put his hat in the ring.

.... lol... Would you say he is 'The One'?

.... lol... Would you say he is 'The One'?

I said he may just be the one. Who knows, maybe Chris Christie will decide to run. I'd have difficulty deciding between the two.

You're right, I mean why should anyone be concerned about someone mentored by Jeremiah Wright, Saul Alinski, Bill ayers, and that entire bunch who pretty much ran on the 1976 Jimmy Carter platform. Yeah, we reacted to his rhetoric, history, theorhetical governance, and lack of experience. Wait, that's what you were alluding to right? Oh, so you mean it's because he's black. Silly me, oh wait.....silly you as the GOP rhetoric did not reflect that accusation.

Again. What are you insinuating?

If the GOP ran against Obama instead of his associations, McCain would have had a better chance of winning... Obviously not that many people were considered about his ties to those characters, so he won the vote.

They would have thrown the same tantrum if he had been a white guy.

Not if he had supposed ties to Islam.. I honestly see the republican party being more racist towards people of eastern decent than anything else. And that is me being honest. If you don't agree, then that is your choice.. but when eastern people feel the way I feel, then you have to think about your own actions and how to reach those individuals with a more positive message.

If the GOP ran against Obama instead of his associations, McCain would have had a better chance of winning... Obviously not that many people were considered about his ties to those characters, so he won the vote.

McCain didn't lose because the GOP ran against Obama's associations. McCain lost because he was trying to cater to the consevative base instead of independents and moderates.

I'm really tired of this kind of crap. Republicans, Tea Party , are no more racist than Dems and Liberals. In fact I think the dems are probably more racist. All they've done for blacks is to keep them down and dependent so they are assured of the black vote. Hopefully someday soon the majority of blacks will come to the right side where they'll be treated as equals.
Herman Cain is a great man and could turn this country around. If he runs the blacks would be wise to support him.
As far as his health goes, he looked really healthy the last time I saw him. I forget how many yrs he said he has been cancer free.
:shock:
:2no4::2no4::2no4:

Exactly how have dems held blacks down and kept them dependent?

Dependent... as in that Reganesque style of racial politics... lazy blacks and welfare queens living completely off of hardworking whites via the welfare system??

That is what it sounds like you are saying.. and if that is what you are saying, then you should seriously reevaluate your idea of what racism is.

Dems aren't holding blacks down with government programs. Institutionalized racism and the remnants of American history better explain their current social status (lower employment rates, paid less per hour, harsher treatment by the judicial system, etc.) more than democratic policies.

Last edited:
McCain didn't lose because the GOP ran against Obama's associations. McCain lost because he was trying to cater to the consevative base instead of independents and moderates.

That too.. but the association crap was weak

And the association crap was also good for the base too. I don't think moderates really cared.. it looked desperate and fear mongering.

Last edited:
Southerners were the racists. The voting came along regional lines, not party lines. Besides, all those southern democrats that voted against civil rights? They're Republicans now.

History says differently. Northerners were as equally or more racist as the south. I suggest you read Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville since he was a Frenchman that visited the US in 1831. His book describes the treatment of blacks in both the north and the south. Here's a few quotes from his book.

"[R]ace prejudice seems stronger in those states that have abolished slavery than in those where it still exists, and nowhere is it more intolerant than in those states where slavery was never known.

"So the Negro [in the North] is free, but he cannot share the rights, pleasures, labors, griefs, or even the tomb of him whose equal he has been declared; there is nowhere where he can meet him, neither in life nor in death.

"In the South, where slavery still exists, less trouble is taken to keep the Negro apart: they sometimes share the labors and the pleasures of the white men; people are prepared to mix with them to some extent; legislation is more harsh against them, but customs are more tolerant and gentle."
--Alexis De Tocqueville, “Democracy in America”

McCain lost because conservatives knew McCain was a fake and he is a liberal. Obama won because he ran against Bush not McCain

Back
Top Bottom