• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Tea Party finished being a political force

Thirty years from now if you bring up the Tea Party in a conversation, few people will know what you are talking about.

You mean after the Great Collapse created by how much do we really Owe bama and the Democrat Party? After the 23 foot waves predicted by Al Gore wipe out NY City and the absolutely overwhelming hockey-stick of CO2 heat generated by the progressives overbloviating is so bad you can cook a vegan pizza on the sidewalk? Yeah...right.

You mean after the Great Collapse created by how much do we really Owe bama and the Democrat Party? After the 23 foot waves predicted by Al Gore wipe out NY City and the absolutely overwhelming hockey-stick of CO2 heat generated by the progressives overbloviating is so bad you can cook a vegan pizza on the sidewalk? Yeah...right.

Hey even more discredited tea party memes. Blaming Gore for the Bush Meltdown. You Sir, have a future in Palin's campaign to nowhere.

Remind me, how many OWS candidates got elected? How many OWS are potential presidential candidates, again, exactly, huh? Might wanna check your broadcast spreader for overfill there, sir, that's quite a load of fertilizer you are trying to put out.

I said the Tea Party is outdone by the OWS in incompetence. The "Tea Party" supposedly had, what, 6 candidates? Could not even rally behind one of them. Deflated after a seemingly inevitable Republican victory turned instead to a defeat. The energetic presence in the House? Non-starter. No energy for the Senate. Loss of influence in the national conversation? Check. The constant derision of the political process, the bland Contract from America.

Yes, populism is only worthwhile if you have people willing to compromise their principles, and become the thing they apparently do not want to be.

Well you have your parrot talking points down pat.:loel:

It's easy: all I have to do is quote the facts. Tea partiers have to make up whole fictional narratives to promote their weird ideology.

How's that O'Keefe ACORN video thingie working out for ya.

I said the Tea Party is outdone by the OWS in incompetence. The "Tea Party" supposedly had, what, 6 candidates? Could not even rally behind one of them. Deflated after a seemingly inevitable Republican victory turned instead to a defeat. The energetic presence in the House? Non-starter. No energy for the Senate. Loss of influence in the national conversation? Check. The constant derision of the political process, the bland Contract from America.

Yes, populism is only worthwhile if you have people willing to compromise their principles, and become the thing they apparently do not want to be.

The tea party was never about populism ....it was always a sham. A well planned ruse orchestrated by the very establishment they claim to hate.

The left-wing media ....did more for them than any rally they have ever been to. MSNBC, like FAUX, Limbaugh and Hanity ...feed off each other.

MSNBC wanted the tea party to be ...real ....its how they in turn ginn up ratings for themselves!! MSNBC wanted this ...boogey man to scare democrats with ...I was so sick watching the game being played out!!

I bet the British said the same thing about the original Tea Party

The Boston Tea Party rebellion was about a tax cut the government wanted.

It's easy: all I have to do is quote the facts. Tea partiers have to make up whole fictional narratives to promote their weird ideology.

How's that O'Keefe ACORN video thingie working out for ya.

So in your opinion are tea party people paid shills for the Koch brothers or just willing dupes?

A little known fact that will never sink into the rightwing and its narrative. It was about giving a British corporation a tax cut that the American companies didn't get!

A little known fact that will never sink into the rightwing and its narrative. It was about giving a British corporation a tax cut that the American companies didn't get!

You mean smugglers.

So in your opinion are tea party people paid shills for the Koch brothers or just willing dupes?

There are rich puppet masters, like the Koch Brothers, who love manipulating ignorant redneck types to do their bidding. They laugh at their own propaganda and can't believe anybody is dimwitted enough to accept it (Obama, a Marxist Wall Street Insider -- BWHHAHAHAHAHHAH!).

And then there are the tea party footsoldiers, who are overwhelming ignorant, paranoid, xenophobic and so stupid all you have to do is say libral and Big Gummit, and they'll support a tax cut for Paris Hilton. Most of them are retired so they don't actually have to work. And most of them were unpopular during the 60s, so they want to exact some revenge on the next generation by punishing somebody or other. It's a basic conservative punitive loser psychology, which lives vicariously by fawning upon the wealthy, and has to blame somebody for the lack of success these people have experienced in their lives (most due to low IQ -- witness Palin). This type has been well studied.

Jesus. He's not aware that the felonious O'Keefe and his faked footage has been exposed.

BWHHAHAHHAHAHH!

This is rich. ACORN and a total ignorance of O'Keefe's criminal actions. Perfect teabaggery!

I have proved it so many times...even Jerry Brown's investigation found that they were on target. Revision of history when we are all still alive and know you are wrong is like cleaning your gun without unloading it, jauqi, just is not prudent and yet you still do it...

I am aware of the incident in Louisiana, has no particular bearing or impact on the truths he exposed regarding ACORN... but go ahead, give me your evidence. You can't, you have got none, per usual, just all the verbal bluster, but yet you can never seem to actually muster your faculties sufficient to prove your arguments. But we all await... I know I can prove my side, I have done it.

http://ag.ca.gov/cms_attachments/press/pdfs/n1888_acorn_report.pdf

The fact that your side defend people who would actually go along with setting up a brothel to bring in underage girls from Latin America....just a symptom of the underlying disease...

There are rich puppet masters, like the Koch Brothers, who love manipulating ignorant redneck types to do their bidding. They laugh at their own propaganda and can't believe anybody is dimwitted enough to accept it.

And then there are the tea party footsoldiers, who are overwhelming ignorant, paranoid, xenophobic and so stupid all you have to do is say libral and Big Gummit, and they'll support a tax cut for Paris Hilton. Most of them are retired so they don't actually have to work. And most of them were unpopular during the 60s, so they want to exact some revenge on the next generation by punishing somebody or other. It's a basic conservative punitive loser psychology, which live vicariously by fawning upon the wealthy, and has to blame somebody for the lack of success these people have experienced in their lives (most due to low IQ -- witness Palin). This type has been well studied.

And there are the rest of the talking points on the tea party, well done Polly.

I have proved it so many times...even Jerry Brown's investigation found that they were on target. Revision of history when we are all still alive and know you are wrong is like cleaning your gun without unloading it, jauqi, just is not prudent and yet you still do it...

I am aware of the incident in Louisiana, has no particular bearing or impact on the truths he exposed regarding ACORN... but go ahead, give me your evidence. You can't, you have got none, per usual, just all the verbal bluster, but yet you can never seem to actually muster your faculties sufficient to prove your arguments. But we all await... I know I can prove my side, I have done it.

http://ag.ca.gov/cms_attachments/press/pdfs/n1888_acorn_report.pdf

The fact that your side defend people who would actually go along with setting up a brothel to bring in underage girls from Latin America....just a symptom of the underlying disease...

Jesus, you didn't even bother to google O'Keefe.

Teabaggery, what more can you say but, teabaggery.

And there are the rest of the talking points on the tea party, well done Polly.

Just the facts ma'am. You asked for them, I gave them. Don't blame me. But of course the tea partiers always have to blame somebody.

Dude....you people are no way in comparison to those dudes back then.

There was ...is nothing Patriotic about you people except the fantasy built up in your minds...that you're patriotic.
Your recent embrace of Ed Snowden and Vladimir Putin attest to that!

Hey even more discredited tea party memes. Blaming Gore for the Bush Meltdown. You Sir, have a future in Palin's campaign to nowhere.

I would say you have either a sight problem, a reading comprehension problem or a lack of knowledge regarding Al Gore's extreme Global Warming forecasts about the rising of the seas due to his misreading of the science... that is almost too embarrassing that you were that unaware of this about such a progressive hero/icon...wow...but I should not be shocked...

Dude....you people are no way in comparison to those dudes back then.

There was ...is nothing Patriotic about you people except the fantasy built up in your minds...that you're patriotic.
Your recent embrace of Ed Snowden and Vladimir Putin attest to that!

"Dude" is for bong hits And I think you'd be happier being in Russia as far as being nationalistic and all.

I would say you have either a sight problem, a reading comprehension problem or a lack of knowledge regarding Al Gore's extreme Global Warming forecasts about the rising of the seas due to his misreading of the science... that is almost too embarrassing that you were that unaware of this about such a progressive hero/icon...wow...but I should not be shocked...

A tea partier pontificating on science. I think this is just perfect. Please, continue. Go into the global warming conspiracy scientists are involved in. I love that one.

You are confusing facts with spin but that kinda goes along with being lib doesn't it.

Yep, that and Marxism, wall street insider devil worship. Or something. Let's check at Breitbart!

Todays Republican party is just the Democratic party lite, there is very little difference between the two at this point, especially in the leadership positions.

The more things change the more they stay the same. History repeats itself.

Today the Tea party is the Barry Goldwater wing of the Republican party, and the establishment is doing the same things it was doing, and not learning the same lessons way back when LBJ and Goldwater went toe to toe. The lesson the establishment seems to have learned is to pander more. They are trying to out democrat the Democrats. The reason Romney lost is because he was so much like Barack with his policies that people just stuck with the real deal. The Republicans now seem to think they must go further toward the Democrat party. By doing this they are leaving their base behind. Its the same dynamics going on as went on in the late sixties early seventies. The Tea party like the Goldwaters is a extreme reaction to the milk toast leadership and establishment wing of the party. The question that remains is whether or not a leader like Reagan shows up that is able to effectively differentiate themselves and not be too extreme. As it stands now I don't see one yet.

Yep, that and Marxism, wall street insider devil worship. Or something. Let's check at Breitbart!

Lets just start with a couple of your most easily dispelled tea party talking points.

"Tea Party supporters are wealthier and more well-educated than the general public, and are no more or less afraid of falling into a lower socioeconomic class," according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll."

Todays Republican party is just the Democratic party lite, there is very little difference between the two at this point, especially in the leadership positions.

The more things change the more they stay the same. History repeats itself.

Today the Tea party is the Barry Goldwater wing of the Republican party, and the establishment is doing the same things it was doing, and not learning the same lessons way back when LBJ and Goldwater went toe to toe. The lesson the establishment seems to have learned is to pander more. They are trying to out democrat the Democrats. The reason Romney lost is because he was so much like Barack with his policies that people just stuck with the real deal. The Republicans now seem to think they must go further toward the Democrat party. By doing this they are leaving their base behind. Its the same dynamics going on as went on in the late sixties early seventies. The Tea party like the Goldwaters is a extreme reaction to the milk toast leadership and establishment wing of the party. The question that remains is whether or not a leader like Reagan shows up that is able to effectively differentiate themselves and not be too extreme. As it stands now I don't see one yet.

Barry Goldwater, for all the issues I would have disagreed with him on, was intelligent and well read. Sarah Palin is an ignoramus who thinks Paul Revere's ride involved a warning to the British to leave the 2nd Amendment alone.

That about sums up the difference.

Back
Top Bottom