• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Tea Party finished being a political force

Barry Goldwater, for all the issues I would have disagreed with him on, was intelligent and well read. Sarah Palin is an ignoramus who thinks Paul Revere's ride involved a warning to the British to leave the 2nd Amendment alone.

That about sums up the difference.
Barry woulld have loved the Tea Party members, as live target practice that is. Frankly, I think that gives them too much respect.

Lets just start with a couple of your most easily dispelled tea party talking points.

"Tea Party supporters are wealthier and more well-educated than the general public, and are no more or less afraid of falling into a lower socioeconomic class," according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll."

Oh goodie, we're going to play dueling polls!

So you're using the poll that asked about supporters of the tea party, not those that actually were involved in actual tea party organizations, because you know, there's a big difference.

Barry woulld have loved the Tea Party members, as live target practice that is. Frankly, I think that gives them too much respect.

Can you imagine how appalled Goldwater would have been at the knownothingism and pretensions of a Palin or a Santorum.

Oh goodie, we're going to play dueling polls!

So you're using the poll that asked about supporters of the tea party, not those that actually were involved in actual tea party organizations, because you know, there's a big difference.

It's a NY Times poll, you can't cry FOX on this one.

I said the Tea Party is outdone by the OWS in incompetence. The "Tea Party" supposedly had, what, 6 candidates? Could not even rally behind one of them. Deflated after a seemingly inevitable Republican victory turned instead to a defeat. The energetic presence in the House? Non-starter. No energy for the Senate. Loss of influence in the national conversation? Check. The constant derision of the political process, the bland Contract from America.

Yes, populism is only worthwhile if you have people willing to compromise their principles, and become the thing they apparently do not want to be.

No you didn't, that is not what you said at all...won't let you wriggle off that easy, sorry. Why would you even try when we can all go back and look? Rather a misuse of effort.

What is this Republican deflating defeat you speak of? The [how much do we really] Owe bama's win, that what you are referencing? Please be more precise as you don't seem to marshal your facts all that well. For instance, six candidates? Really? Well, here is a list of Tea Party aligned folks in the Federal Govt List of Tea Party politicians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and they somehow even forgot to list Rubio.

Surely you jest, we could not rally behind even one...whatever are you rambling on about? Some of the only voices being heard right now are the Tea Party folks. One can easily surmise you get most all of your misinformation from the mainstream media, got you hook line and sinker, huh....can't wriggle off that hook, either? Need to broaden your horizons, look for the truth... not just expect it to miraculously to appear under your pillow in the morning. Where ya been?

If they, we, are so insignificant, why would the IRS risk so much to go after us, to keep us from applying our assets to maximum benefit the last two election cycles? Obama got little over 50% of the vote, the Senate remains close, Republicans own the House closest to the people, what, 37 governorships and like 24 where we have control of both state Senate and House as well?

Is the Tea Party finished being a political force?

No. Not as long as:

1) it is a Koch front organization
2) corporations are considered people
3) money is considered speech​

With these three idiotic principles in place, the tea party will remain a force. Especially a force on the GOP by scaring them with primary challenges.

I asked a group of scientists what it would take for me to join the Tea Party? The consensus was I'd have to fall and land on my head from five stories up. Being alive afterwards was optional but it would help me become a party spokesman they said.

NoIf they, we, are so insignificant, why would the IRS risk so much to go after us, to keep us from applying our assets to maximum benefit the last two election cycles? Obama got little over 50% of the vote, the Senate remains close, Republicans own the House closest to the people, what, 37 governorships and like 24 where we have control of both state Senate and House as well?

Two, two, two memes in one!

If you do not have any facts, please do not waste both our time. Thanks.

Yes, you've proven that global warming is a conspiracy of libral scientists and that ACORN was a secret army of Obama.

The rest is silence.

Barry Goldwater, for all the issues I would have disagreed with him on, was intelligent and well read. Sarah Palin is an ignoramus who thinks Paul Revere's ride involved a warning to the British to leave the 2nd Amendment alone.

That about sums up the difference.

And the fault with my analysis? Barry Goldwater and Sarah Palin are simply catalysts.

:lamo
A tea partier pontificating on science. I think this is just perfect. Please, continue. Go into the global warming conspiracy scientists are involved in. I love that one.

Dude, or tiger, your attempted GRRRRRR sounds more like grrrrrrr.... you didn't even get the reference...and you are attempting to diss me? So was it a reading comprehension problem or that you were that unaware? Inquiring minds want to know.:lamo

Yes, you've proven that global warming is a conspiracy of libral scientists and that ACORN was a secret army of Obama.

The rest is silence.

See previous post. Spell check... its correctly spelled liberal, not libral...something you should know, right? Waiting patiently for your evidence...tap tap tap....not holding my breath, tho.

:lamo

Dude, or tiger, your attempted GRRRRRR sounds more like grrrrrrr.... you didn't even get the reference...and you are attempting to diss me? So was it a reading comprehension problem or that you were that unaware? Inquiring minds want to know.:lamo

Actually, I'm talking about tea party ignorance and knownothingism -- which is part of the topic. If you feel dissed by that, well, res ipsa loquitur

See previous post. Spell check... its correctly spelled liberal, not libral...something you should know, right? Waiting patiently for your evidence...tap tap tap....not holding my breath, tho.

No, no, it's spelled libral in teapartyworld.

Actually, I'm talking about tea party ignorance and knownothingism -- which is part of the topic. If you feel dissed by that, well, res ipsa loquitur

Doesn't hide the fact that you had no idea...ha ha....good luck with all that, let me know if you ever put together some good arguments, I will hide my shock and surprise as best I can.

Doesn't hide the fact that you had no idea...ha ha....good luck with all that, let me know if you ever put together some good arguments, I will hide my shock and surprise as best I can.

I'm still waiting for you to google O'Keefe and tell us more about ACORN. It's so funny I can't really begin to argue until that happens.

Your sham Koch Funded establishment have more in common with Vladimir Putin than you have with any real patriotic American.
You people should pack up and follow Ed Snowden!!

Can you heat a regular sized house with all that methane..?? have some substance, of the not Koch bros obsessed nature, meaning something true and applicable?

It's easy: all I have to do is quote the facts. Tea partiers have to make up whole fictional narratives to promote their weird ideology.

How's that O'Keefe ACORN video thingie working out for ya.

If you could prove it wrong, it would look pretty bad, but since you wont cause you cant, looks pretty bad for your side... well, except to all the ill informed out there. Waiting for the evidence.

If you could prove it wrong, it would look pretty bad, but since you wont cause you cant, looks pretty bad for your side... well, except to all the ill informed out there. Waiting for the evidence.

So you think the O'Keefe video hasn't been proven wrong?

BWHHAHAHAHAHAAHH!

Oh God, this is such perfect teabaggery! Somebody spends too much time at Breitbart!

I asked a group of scientists what it would take for me to join the Tea Party? The consensus was I'd have to fall and land on my head from five stories up. Being alive afterwards was optional but it would help me become a party spokesman they said.

Well, I can see you made the attempt... and are still alive, didn't make you near as smart as the consensus of scientists led you to believe huh, so that why you are still stuck in other....?? Just another reason not to believe those consensus scientists, I guess.

No you didn't, that is not what you said at all...won't let you wriggle off that easy, sorry. Why would you even try when we can all go back and look? Rather a misuse of effort.

And of course, Tea Partiers have such great sense of mission that they can only be outdone by the OWS in delusions of grandeur.

What is this Republican deflating defeat you speak of? The [how much do we really] Owe bama's win, that what you are referencing? Please be more precise as you don't seem to marshal your facts all that well. For instance, six candidates? Really? Well, here is a list of Tea Party aligned folks in the Federal Govt List of Tea Party politicians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and they somehow even forgot to list Rubio.

Rubio did not run for the Presidency.

Surely you jest, we could not rally behind even one...whatever are you rambling on about? Some of the only voices being heard right now are the Tea Party folks. One can easily surmise you get most all of your misinformation from the mainstream media, got you hook line and sinker, huh....can't wriggle off that hook, either? Need to broaden your horizons, look for the truth... not just expect it to miraculously to appear under your pillow in the morning. Where ya been?

Split the votes among the primary candidates, you elevate the chance for Romney to get the nomination. That's what happened. What also happened was incessant whining about Romney getting the nomination because of "the mainstream media" rather than it being due to the intransigence of the other candidates and their Tea Party supporters.

If they, we, are so insignificant, why would the IRS risk so much to go after us, to keep us from applying our assets to maximum benefit the last two election cycles? Obama got little over 50% of the vote, the Senate remains close, Republicans own the House closest to the people, what, 37 governorships and like 24 where we have control of both state Senate and House as well?

Oh the persecution complex continues. So, the insinuation was that the federal government prevented your ilk from gaining maximum strength, and arguably more offices? Must it always be about the elites trampling Joe Six Pack?

Yes, he got 51% of the vote, but that does not matter. The electoral college in district after district demonstrated a problem with the Republican ground game and its platform. The Republicans lost seats in the Senate, gained one governorship, and held strong in the House. The energy and momentum is decreasing, meanwhile the rhetoric hasn't changed among your people.

Back
Top Bottom