• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Tea Party finished being a political force

I bet the British said the same thing about the original Tea Party

So did those who were not aligned with the Sons of Liberty.

I see what you did there, still not letting ya off the hook. Incompetence and delusions of grandeur are simply not the same. You can be competent and still think too highly of yourself... then again some can be both. ;)

Rubio did not run for the Presidency.
Never said Rubio ran for president... I submitted for perusal a wiki list of the various tea parties elected politicians...and I added that the list left out Senator Rubio from Florida. Here it is again, an astonishing amount more than a few more than six candidates, no? List of Tea Party politicians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and guess what? Rubio? Still not there...

Split the votes among the primary candidates, you elevate the chance for Romney to get the nomination. That's what happened. What also happened was incessant whining about Romney getting the nomination because of "the mainstream media" rather than it being due to the intransigence of the other candidates and their Tea Party supporters.
Romney was the best overall candidate in any event, so who is crying? Ryan was a good pick for VP... both would have been much better for the country than the two empty suits that currently occupy the offices. The Tea Parties did well, pushed for those things that would make the economy improve, something that has been ignored, pushed for repeal of Owe bamacare, etc... the right things. Especially Rand and Marco with Ted Cruz chiming in, saying things needing said, all in different ways, saying them clearer than most... Not in control of the national narrative, but they got some handles to hold onto... who else is saying anything worth listening to? Obama? No. Hillary? No. Nancy or Harry? No and No. A little Christy, maybe...lately.

Oh the persecution complex continues. So, the insinuation was that the federal government prevented your ilk from gaining maximum strength, and arguably more offices? Must it always be about the elites trampling Joe Six Pack?
Uh huh, as noted previously, your cynicism is only outdone only by poor analysis. While undeniable the targeting done, it is impossible to measure the actual damage. What is measurable is the fact that the IRS did, after all, risk something that dicey. Hoping not to get caught, obviously. No telling with an election like that, a president under extreme economic distress, many beginning to question this guy, no really telling what almost 300 Tea Party styled conservative organizations unleashed might have been able to accomplish over three years... you certainly don't know.

Yes, he got 51% of the vote, but that does not matter. The electoral college in district after district demonstrated a problem with the Republican ground game and its platform. The Republicans lost seats in the Senate, gained one governorship, and held strong in the House. The energy and momentum is decreasing, meanwhile the rhetoric hasn't changed among your people.
That ground game is where 300 local groups could well have made a difference. If you have been watching politics any amount of time you should know that a defeat can be the best thing, long term, for the right team. Makes them more determined, resolute... Made me stronger, no longer willing to yield, not willing to put up with mouthy folks who really have no idea what they are talking about, too much already lost so ready more than ever to fight, and I mean fight... so go ahead and count those feeble chickens of yours, I would suggest you better get an industrial strength incubator revved up a lot hotter than it is currently directed at those unhatched yolks, the folks of your "ilk"....most of us are itching to kick some liberal donkeys next election...in the meantime as well...

Last edited:
It's easy: all I have to do is quote the facts. Tea partiers have to make up whole fictional narratives to promote their weird ideology.

How's that O'Keefe ACORN video thingie working out for ya.

I find it quite amusing that...when one mentions ACORN, all you can think about is the O'Keefe thing. The problem is...that's not what brought ACORN to it's knees. It was their voter fraud. But hey...we don't want to talk about that, do we? Just like we don't want to talk about that other ACORN activity that was the root cause of our economic melt-down. Heck...I'm sure you are hoping ACORN can rise from their ashes and do it all over again, don't you?

btw, in spite of your attempts to find some points of comparison between the Tea Party and ACORN, it's just not there. ACORN has done much, much more to screw over this country than the Tea Party ever dreamed of.

Last edited:
dual posting

The Tea Party has infinitely more political power than OWS ever did. Funny to hear the people who thought OWS was the powerful and meaningful movement of the future trying to dismiss the Tea Party. I also think it's funny as hell to hear democrat wasting so much of their energy demonizing the Tea Party since they claim the Tea Party is irrelevant and powerless. It makes me wonder if they bark at the moon and chase cars, too.

Back
Top Bottom