• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is The Russian Invasion of Ukraine a Crime Against Humanity?

Is the Russian Invasion of Ukraine a crime against humanity?

• Total voters
For him, the world is black and white. Where he is from the kingdom of the elves, and there are orcs, Hitler, etc.
I think that's an unfair statement to make about him.
Arguments that NATO has exactly the same episodes in a very recent history... nah, they don't work, he refuses to take it.
Listen, NATO is bad too. I strongly disagree with a lot of what NATO did in the past. But Russia's actions have justified NATO's continued existence for another 50 years. Past wrongs and history aside Russia is clearly at fault here. I'll talk about the crimes of NATO and the west all day, but I won't ignore Russia doing the same things I criticize the US for.

I have a radical thought for you.

Have you considered...that maybe...just maybe...two things can be bad at once? Russia invading Ukraine can be imperialism...AND the US invading other countries and overthrowing their government. Those can both be bad and you can call both out as bad without cheapening the other.
Of course . That is Chapter one obvious .

But forgetting the top level nonsense and bad theatre , never overlook the hatred Uncle Vlad might have deep down for the US for bringing down the USSR and then raping the country .

However , actual next actions will be decided by AI intelligence via computers and not by stupid statements from Moscow or WH or ignorant pundits .

I very much doubt that Vlad will invade when he can crush the US trained Ukraine forces by long range artillery and possibly satellite action .And / Or both .

Far too much hysteria here and outside .

But forgetting the top level nonsense and bad theatre , never overlook the hatred Uncle Vlad might have deep down for the US for bringing down the USSR and then raping the country .
How does that justify any of his actions?

However , actual next actions will be decided by AI intelligence via computers and not by stupid statements from Moscow or WH or ignorant pundits .
I am a software engineer. I promise you this is not the case. I think you've watched War Games one too many times.

I very much doubt that Vlad will invade when he can crush the US trained Ukraine forces by long range artillery and possibly satellite action .And / Or both .
I...that's still...what? That's INVADING. Glassing a country with artillery then moving in IS INVADING. Russian troops are already WITHIN the borders of Ukraine. Russia is making demands that Ukraine forces leave areas within ITS OWN BORDERS or else.

Well, if it is, it started already in 2014 with the annexation of Crimea. Crimea's Prime Minister Sergei Aksionov was elected at gunpoint.

The former Prime Minister of Crimea was ousted in dramatic fashion. Armed men captured the regional parliament, hoisted Russian flags and admitted a group of MPs for an extra session. Pro-Russian Sergei Aksionov was elected new prime minister. The armed men - self-proclaimed self-defense forces with Kremlin loyalty - were completely under the command of Sergei Aksionov, according to himself.

Only if the invasion of Iraq ( 2nd), the bombing of Libya and change of government, the bombing, invasion of Syria are as well.

The first invasion of Iraq was justified, so was the invasion of Afghanistan so they would not fall under a crime against humanity

Only if the invasion of Iraq ( 2nd), the bombing of Libya and change of government, the bombing, invasion of Syria are as well.

The first invasion of Iraq was justified, so was the invasion of Afghanistan so they would not fall under a crime against humanity
The invasion of Afghanistan was about capturing a criminal allegedly hiding in country. A criminal hatter killed in a different country. A like scenario would be invading Mexico to capture El Chopo. (sp?)

The invasion of Afghanistan was about capturing a criminal allegedly hiding in country. A criminal hatter killed in a different country. A like scenario would be invading Mexico to capture El Chopo. (sp?)
Yes it was, that criminal was also responsible for the largest most deadly attack on US soil since the 1940’s. The US was stupid to stay for 20 years but the invasion was justified

Jimminy Cricket! Am I the only one here who knows what the Nuremberg Trials were? I feel I'm being gaslighted.
I didn’t make the assumption that Allan was equating Putin with Hitler. I figured he was just giving us a handy definition to work from.

(I actually wish more people would do that. You can’t have a meaningful discussion if you’re not speaking the same language).

OTOH I tend to think the best of people. Maybe he’s an evil skunk and I just didn’t see it.

Yes it was, that criminal was also responsible for the largest most deadly attack on US soil since the 1940’s. The US was stupid to stay for 20 years but the invasion was justified
My opinion back then on another forum, was & remains that the U.S. should take some $miilions & buy bin Laden's whereabouts & send in a special forces unit & waste or capture him. The exact method that Obama took years later, in Pakistan.

Bro I'm sorry you can't invade a country to capture/kill a terrorist.

Indeed it is .
To see the US essentially repeating the same type of nonsense that they stupidly used to claim that there was a Russian 'invasion 'of US politics . Shot down in flames .

Well done Russia for slapping the US into its now won place of failed Empire and major planet terrorist nation .
The good thing is that the US has an unbroken record of failure whenever it tries to impose its will on others .

Korea , Vietnam , Iraq , Libya , Syria , Somalia , Yemen and then the Afghanistan humiliation . A totally failed Empire that believed it was the mightiest .

Korea. Explain. It was a UN sanctioned defense of South Korea against the very thing noted in the OP.

Somalia. Explain. It was a UN sanctioned mission to provide food and medical relief to the Somali people.

Well, if it is, it started already in 2014 with the annexation of Crimea. Crimea's Prime Minister Sergei Aksionov was elected at gunpoint.

The former Prime Minister of Crimea was ousted in dramatic fashion. Armed men captured the regional parliament, hoisted Russian flags and admitted a group of MPs for an extra session. Pro-Russian Sergei Aksionov was elected new prime minister. The armed men - self-proclaimed self-defense forces with Kremlin loyalty - were completely under the command of Sergei Aksionov, according to himself.

Sounds like a mirror image of what was talking place further north in Kiev

My opinion back then on another forum, was & remains that the U.S. should take some $miilions & buy bin Laden's whereabouts & send in a special forces unit & waste or capture him. The exact method that Obama took years later, in Pakistan.

That's too simplistic. bin Ladin was in the spot where he was, vulnerable and available for the kill, was thanks to the military campaigns that wiped out his sanctuaries.

That's too simplistic. bin Ladin was in the spot where he was, vulnerable and available for the kill, was thanks to the military campaigns that wiped out his sanctuaries.

I did read no idea if it is accurate but the Taliban did offer to give Bin Laden to the US before the invasion. I can not recall what the conditions were, and I do not know if it is true or not

It is Hitler invading Europe all over.......a blind man can see it.....as I stated in a previous post I think Putin and the Russian people are psssd because of the breakup of the Soviet Union......they think they have been screwed over and like Hitler and the German people after WWI they held some kind of nationalist grudge and started WWII.....Putin starting WWIII?

It is Hitler invading Europe all over.......a blind man can see it.....as I stated in a previous post I think Putin and the Russian people are psssd because of the breakup of the Soviet Union......they think they have been screwed over and like Hitler and the German people after WWI they held some kind of nationalist grudge and started WWII.....Putin starting WWIII?
Reagan broke up the USSR, just as he joked about doing. However, the US did not abuse the Russians. They did that to themselves, by their inability to form a decent government for Russia. It could have been a normal, and prosperous, country. However, Russians, much like Trumpetistas, have an infatuation with thugs.

Probably, but not if its determined that Ukraine might have WMDs and the people were ready to welcome Russia as liberators to bestow upon them their FrEeDuMbZ$™.

Hope this helped Allan!

Ukrainians will be doing all their shopping in Putin Square soon. Celebrating their newfound FrEeDuMbZ$™ in Putin Square.

Of course iti s a crime. Ukrainians did absolutely nothing to deserve losing their sovereign territory. Vladimir Putin is just doing it by himself for selfish purposes. He always knew this is not permitted under international law.

I voted no, because it isn't. Yet.

Of course iti s a crime. Ukrainians did absolutely nothing to deserve losing their sovereign territory. Vladimir Putin is just doing it by himself for selfish purposes. He always knew this is not permitted under international law.

OK. But I've looked at it from a few different angles....and I just cant see how this is my problem?
:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom