• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is The Russian Invasion of Ukraine a Crime Against Humanity?

Is the Russian Invasion of Ukraine a crime against humanity?

• Total voters
Yes, of course!
This invasion is a crime against humanity

I've replied twice and don't intend to go for three.

I've said nothing that would imply Russia's invasion of Ukraine was unprovoked or that it wasn't territorial expansion. To incl me in "y'all", though, is unprovoked for which you've no evidence to justify. I did not say anything to "justify" Putin's "naked territorial expansion." Your accusation is false and unsupported by any evidence of fact you've shown.

My comparison to Iraq was that though the US did not invade for territorial expansion, the invasion brought on an inordinate number of civilians killed, systematically, that could be argued as crimes against humanity, just as could be argued the same with Russian invasion of Ukraine, territorial expansion or not. Moreso now than the near 3 wks ago I made my statement.

I can understand you not attempting to explain yourself a 3rd time when you've so far failed to acknowledge the facts of my posting, and that your accusation of me being one of "y'all" who are attempting to "justify" the Russian invasion of Ukraine is false. You are defending yourself after having made a false accusation that at this point can only be called a lie.

I have no idea why we invaded Iraq, but it has nothing to do with Ukraine.

The relevance is the topic of the thread being the invasion of Ukraine as a crime against humanity due to civilians being killed as compared to the invasion of Iraq and the resultant considerable number of civilian deaths, and that both invasions were illegal.

He is initiating a war of aggression, yes.

I'm not sure how elevating it to the Nuremberg level accomplishes much, though.
Maybe when you posted this, back in Feb. but I'd say now that he has risen to the War Crimes Level.

Only if the invasion of Iraq ( 2nd), the bombing of Libya and change of government, the bombing, invasion of Syria are as well.

The first invasion of Iraq was justified, so was the invasion of Afghanistan so they would not fall under a crime against humanity
History will decide if attacking Afghanistan because a criminal was hiding inside it's borders was justified or not.

I have no idea why we invaded Iraq, but it has nothing to do with Ukraine.
It was allegedly about WMD.s which Joe Wilson said was wrong, so they exposed his wife, CIA agent Valeri Plume. Some say it was because Daddy Bush didn't finish the job.
condensed version...

For the purposes of this poll we can use the Nuremberg definition of a Crime Against Humanity:

"To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."
I mean, I guess under the Nuremberg principles. But all Nuremberg was was a excuse to hang people we didn’t like and defeated in a war. So as long as you don’t lose Nuremberg doesn’t matter.

Back
Top Bottom