• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Race really an issue?!

Surenderer said:
And you two know that they are the leaders of the Black community because............?

Dunno... Let me

1.) Go back in every post I have ever posted and see if I called them the leaders of the black community

2.) They are two of the most covered leaders/activist in the black community. It would seem that if your going to be a leader/activist people actually have to know what you say.

I would'nt say they are the leaders. I would say that they carry a weight with a lot of the black community.

Calm2Chaos said:
Dunno... Let me

1.) Go back in every post I have ever posted and see if I called them the leaders of the black community

2.) They are two of the most covered leaders/activist in the black community. It would seem that if your going to be a leader/activist people actually have to know what you say.

I would'nt say they are the leaders. I would say that they carry a weight with a lot of the black community.

You didnt but you seem to be agreeing with Navy when he did...I am actually not disagreeing with you but I feel as if the reason that they are respected in the Black community is because they fight for Black causes......who else does?.....Show me any Politician that cares about the Black community in a nonelection year besides those two.....Faraikan is someone else that carries alot of weight for the same reason.....but to call them leaders is a little off IMO

Surenderer said:
You didnt but you seem to be agreeing with Navy when he did...I am actually not disagreeing with you but I feel as if the reason that they are respected in the Black community is because they fight for Black causes......who else does?.....Show me any Politician that cares about the Black community in a nonelection year besides those two.....Faraikan is someone else that carries alot of weight for the same reason.....but to call them leaders is a little off IMO

I don't think they fight for black causes as much as they make each cause they fight for a black issue. Wether it has anythign to do with race or not. There job as they see it in my opinion. Is to make it into a race issue, wether it has merit or not. They show up to stand in front of the cameras, pound there fist and tell all that are listening this is someone ealses fault. I think if the black community is waiting for sharpton of jackson to lead them somewhere, they are in for a real long wait. Neither of them know how to go in any direction but a circle

C2C and NP, is it common for you two to sit around and discuss what you think is wrong with the black community? Just wondering...

Some people have gotten so used to blaming Bush for everything that it becomes a knee-jerk reaction.

In the Louisiana State Emergency Operations Plans it clearly states that the evacuation must take into account those without transportation and those with special needs.

Mayor Nagin left those buses (in the picture) where they were by not ordering them used to evacuate the city. There are enough city and school buses to transport 12,000 people per trip. But none were used.

In 1998 when Hurricane George threatened New orleans, they opened the Superdome as a shelter. There were numerous problems with violence and thefts. Apparently Mayor Nagin thought things would be different this time.

It is the responsibility of the state and local governments to prepare for a disaster and for the first response after a disaster. The federal aid that was staged prior to Katrina's arrival went to Mississippi for two reasons. First, because that was where the brunt of the storm's force hit. Second, because the Mississippi governor requested the aid immediatelty.

Bush can be blamed for cutting the budget for the US Army Corp of Engineers, and so cut the budget for maintaining and repairing the levee system. But the fact that there were tens of thousands of people in harms way was due to the incompetence of state and local officials.

Apparently they thought they could rely on luck to turn the storm.

HTColeman said:
C2C and NP, is it common for you two to sit around and discuss what you think is wrong with the black community? Just wondering...

Indeed it is interesting to listen how Whites describe what they think is best for Blacks....especially when it comes to racism

Calm2Chaos said:
I don't think they fight for black causes as much as they make each cause they fight for a black issue. Wether it has anythign to do with race or not. There job as they see it in my opinion. Is to make it into a race issue, wether it has merit or not. They show up to stand in front of the cameras, pound there fist and tell all that are listening this is someone ealses fault. I think if the black community is waiting for sharpton of jackson to lead them somewhere, they are in for a real long wait. Neither of them know how to go in any direction but a circle

What makes you think they dont fight for Black causes? Racism is real in America...now it is more covert than overt but those covert cases need to be examined also...which is what they do.....If they dont do it in front of a camera then where should they do it? How else are people gonna know?...Jesse Jackson won 5 primaries when he ran in 1984 so he has alot of other minorities in his corner also...he also was given the Medal of Freedom by Clinton and also In 1984 he won the release of United States Navy aviator Lt. Robert Goodman from captivity in Syria. He has met with Cuban leader Fidel Castro, Iraqi former president Saddam and Serb president Slobodan Milošević in efforts to free various American detainees as well....not bad.....not to mention that in the last election he didnt support Sharpton but instead Dennis Kucinich(who is white)so he aint all about race

Surenderer said:
And you two know that they are the leaders of the Black community because............?

Whenever there is a chance for a photo op on and issue regarding African Americans those 2 clowns can.t wait to get in front of the cameras........Ask yourself..........What is their job? What church do the represent?

They are just greedy opportunists and race baiters.........

Navy Pride said:
Whenever there is a chance for a photo op on and issue regarding African Americans those 2 clowns can.t wait to get in front of the cameras.........

Thats kind of like our wonderful president.:lol:

Surenderer said:
Indeed it is interesting to listen how Whites describe what they think is best for Blacks....especially when it comes to racism

Would you rather "whites" ignore the situation all together?

HTColeman said:
I don't know why the gov. wasn't helping, at this point I am criticizing all the leaders, as there was no leadership,

There has been lots of leadership shown else the greatest rescue and movement of people that has ever happened would not have happened. You seem to fail to grasp exactly what HAS been accomplished.

I believe the mayor obviously made major mistakes in planning, but at least he was trying to do something immediately after.

The mistakes were not in the planning they were in the implimenting of them and the failure in the local leadership to take control.

Me :
There was nothing he could do in Washington that he could not do while he was working in Texas. It was Bush who was on the phone with the Govenor and Mayor beggin they issued the evactuation order and they refused.
Where are you getting this information?

What that Bush called both Blanco and Nagin on Saturday urging them to get the evacuations under order. It has been widely reported, not only Bush but also the National Weather Service.

Well, you said 'she' so I thought you were talking about the gov.

As I said I don't support her at this point.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Courier, Times New Roman] Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2005 11:52 p.m. EDT[/FONT] [FONT=Courier, Times New Roman]Gov. Kathleen Blanco's Bureaucrats Blocked Food and Water[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier, Times New Roman] The Red Cross was reportedly ready to deliver food, water and other supplies to flood-ravaged refugees who were sweltering inside New Orleans' Superdome last week - but the relief was blocked by bureaucrats who worked for Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

My Quote:
And then throw out the "r" word.
My Quote:
If most of the looters were black why it is unfair to show that? The New Orleans black community has a history of lawlessness. The crime rate there is almost 10 times that of the rest of the nation and it is the murder capital of the country. The city has been in a downward sprial for decades because of this. Lawlessness is not frowned upon in the black society, if you watch black entertainment and listen to black music it is heralded and those who engage in it are admired. The few blacks who speak out against it are called Uncle Tom's and I totally expect the next respone to me is that I am a racist or that I hate blacks because the people refuse to see the reality and refuse to come to the conclusion that something HAS to be done about it. Over 60% of black males will spend time in jail, and everyone wants to ignore the breakdown of black society. What happened in New Orleans came as no surprise to me, I totally expected that the black community would fall into total lawlessness and mayhem. It is far worse than I could have imagined and it is ongoing as I type.

The fact is change is going to have to come from within that community, and a good first step would be for members of that community to step up and condemn the gangsta criminal mentality and urge everyone turn in those who looted or committed other crimes.

"Let him who is without sin, throw the first stone"

I have no idea what you mean by that, but I know you can't refute anything I said and again I ask, if the majority of the looters were black why it is unfair to show that? It is attitudes such as yours that breeds such lawlessness that drug New Orleans down into a sink hole where I certainly cared not to go there anymore and most of the people I know didn't. My brother finally moved out 3 years ago because he had been hit so hard by the crime and could not stand to live in a city that was falling apart. I really had high hope for Nagin, that he would bring some sense to it all, but I think he was too little to late and he has certainly proven himself unable to lead in a crisis.

There was a family, a pretty messed up family...............

That brought misery and poverty upon themselves by the choices they made in life and refusal to do anything about it and now I suppose you think everyone else should give them the financial support to get the things they demand.

Stinger said:
If most of the looters were black why it is unfair to show that? The New Orleans black community has a history of lawlessness. The crime rate there is almost 10 times that of the rest of the nation and it is the murder capital of the country. The city has been in a downward sprial for decades because of this. Lawlessness is not frowned upon in the black society, if you watch black entertainment and listen to black music it is heralded and those who engage in it are admired. The few blacks who speak out against it are called Uncle Tom's and I totally expect the next respone to me is that I am a racist or that I hate blacks because the people refuse to see the reality and refuse to come to the conclusion that something HAS to be done about it. Over 60% of black males will spend time in jail, and everyone wants to ignore the breakdown of black society. What happened in New Orleans came as no surprise to me, I totally expected that the black community would fall into total lawlessness and mayhem. It is far worse than I could have imagined and it is ongoing as I type.[/SIZE]

That brought misery and poverty upon themselves by the choices they made in life and refusal to do anything about it and now I suppose you think everyone else should give them the financial support to get the things they demand.

Most of the refugees were unemployed, living off of welfare, living very unstable lifestyles. Right now they have recognition and charity and expect it for a long time here after. What’s going to happen three months from now when the majority of these refugees have yet to move on with their lives? They can’t live in the Astrodome forever, or any other place of shelter. Will they get the jobs they need for new homes? Doubtful, if there is no one to make them.

Stinger said:
Yep some do.

Unless there is a fundimental change, Yep.

I'm not doomed...

SouthernDemocrat said:

he's the president.. Maybe you can see a difference...

Stinger said:
I have no idea what you mean by that, but I know you can't refute anything I said and again I ask, if the majority of the looters were black why it is unfair to show that? It is attitudes such as yours that breeds such lawlessness that drug New Orleans down into a sink hole where I certainly cared not to go there anymore and most of the people I know didn't. My brother finally moved out 3 years ago because he had been hit so hard by the crime and could not stand to live in a city that was falling apart. I really had high hope for Nagin, that he would bring some sense to it all, but I think he was too little to late and he has certainly proven himself unable to lead in a crisis.

I mean that people like you are so quick to pass your judgements on a society like your opinion matters. You are human just like those you judge, I could sit here and talk about the white community, or the republican community, but it is not my place. I am not white or republican, so I can't begin to judge them, as I have no idea where they are coming from. Until you are willing to try to understand why, you have no place in passing judgement. All in all, let the community or society that has no problems throw stones at those communities that do.

Yea they made mistakes, you make mistakes, and if you think you got to wherever you are without the help of people around you, you need to rethink. You talk about my attitude, your attitude is the reason why things aren't improving in American society, just getting worse, no one wants to help those they don't deem as deserving.

The racism card in this situation is so sickening and through it’s constant use from one situation to another, it has run out of credibility.

Many of our black leaders and celebrities are saying that relief didn’t get there fast enough because the people stranded are mostly black and that is why they were not helped. They say that “blacks” weren’t a top priority because of their race.

Minorities all around the country are eating this garbage up and mocking the government and white America by publicly and purposefully misinterpreting the situation by making sarcastic remarks like "New Orleans isn’t a part of my America, we don’t need to send them help." Diehard leftists everywhere love when this sort of thing happens and are always too prepared to build them picket signs and build platforms around it...not just for votes, but because "they care."

The truth of the matter is…haven’t we seen this sort of barbaric behavior before? Just like we saw in L.A. during the riots fueled by temper tantrums, violence, and opportunity…we saw the same thing in New Orleans. It's not all about bread and milk. It's about taking advantage of a situation.

What these Americans (of all colors) around the country should be saying is that "That’s not my America, the way New Orleans citizens reacted." Of course not all of them acted horribly. Many helped each other as best they could. However, a vast percentage of them, unfortunately, acted in a terrible manner, and now they want to play the racism card?

I’m reminded of how the Iraqi’s reacted after each town and city was liberated and they were left to their own individual responsibilities. They looted, set fire, and destroyed indiscriminately. Pity our own people aren’t above this behavior. The difference between what I saw in Iraq and New Orleans….the Iraqi’s didn’t try to hide it under a race card.

Last edited:
I guess the African Americans posting here are still drinking the kool aid that Sharpton and Jackson pass out, but more and more you hear African Americans speak out and say you don't speak for me...

They should tell them to get a real job for once in your life.........

HTColeman said:
I mean that people like you are so quick to pass your judgements on a society like your opinion matters.

Why do you say I am "so quick" to pass judgement. Where do you get the idea this was quick. Try about 40 years. And my opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.

You are human just like those you judge,

OK so what? I am of the same genus and species as they.

I could sit here and talk about the white community, or the republican community, but it is not my place.

Why not? If the white community had fallen into such a sink hole of criminality and poverty I would hope you would raise up your voice and try to do something about it.

I am not white or republican, so I can't begin to judge them, as I have no idea where they are coming from.

Well then that's your problem.

Until you are willing to try to understand why, you have no place in passing judgement.

What makes you think I haven't and don't?

All in all, let the community or society that has no problems throw stones at those communities that do.

Oh that's the way to solve societies problems, what a cop out. But preciesly why Black society is trap in it's own creation of poverty crime and what we saw in New Orleans. And you would rather put your head in the sand than try to end it.

My Quote:

Yea they made mistakes, you make mistakes,

They made choices and still make choices, choices which place them in poverty and lawlessness.
and if you think you got to wherever you are without the help of people around you, you need to rethink.

I got where I got because of the choices I made. I stayed in school, I did not create children out of wedlock, I obeyed the law, I did not become a drug addict or an alcholic, I worked hard at the jobs I was given and I certainly did live my life expecting government to take care of me. I shunned people who did break the law and who did live lifestyles that were inoppostition to civil society. It's about choices.

You talk about my attitude, your attitude is the reason why things aren't improving in American society, just getting worse, no one wants to help those they don't deem as deserving.

Absolutely not, mine is the attitude which built this country and those black who are rising above and becoming successful are doping so because the think like me not like you.

SouthernDemocrat said:

Must you inject bashing the President into every thread you post on?

What do you think about global warming?
SouthernDemocrat - "I hate Bush!"

Who do you think will win the World Series?

What do you think about Jesse jackson & Al Sharpton?

:roll:

Navy Pride said:
I guess the African Americans posting here are still drinking the kool aid that Sharpton and Jackson pass out, but more and more you hear African Americans speak out and say you don't speak for me...

Too bad they don't listen more to the Bill Cosby's and Ward Connerly's and JC Watts and others who speak of making the most out of yourself and what a civil society offers instead of excusing the criminal lawless behaviors and morally bankrupt behaviors.

Stinger said:
Too bad they don't listen more to the Bill Cosby's and Ward Connerly's and JC Watts and others who speak of making the most out of yourself and what a civil society offers instead of excusing the criminal lawless behaviors and morally bankrupt behaviors.

Said it before...I'll say it again...

How do you keep a minority a "minority"?...Keep telling them they are a "monority".

People will start treating other people as the "same" when they stop pointing out how much they are "different"...

Navy Pride said:

What the hell do you mean by that?

Stinger said:
Why do you say I am "so quick" to pass judgement. Where do you get the idea this was quick. Try about 40 years. And my opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.

OK so what? I am of the same genus and species as they.

40 years of what?

Why not? If the white community had fallen into such a sink hole of criminality and poverty I would hope you would raise up your voice and try to do something about it.

But what are you trying to do?

What makes you think I haven't and don't?

You understand? Explain then.

Oh that's the way to solve societies problems, what a cop out. But preciesly why Black society is trap in it's own creation of poverty crime and what we saw in New Orleans. And you would rather put your head in the sand than try to end it.

Call it a cop out if you want, that is wisdom from the Bible.

They made choices and still make choices, choices which place them in poverty and lawlessness.

I got where I got because of the choices I made. I stayed in school, I did not create children out of wedlock, I obeyed the law, I did not become a drug addict or an alcholic, I worked hard at the jobs I was given and I certainly did live my life expecting government to take care of me. I shunned people who did break the law and who did live lifestyles that were inoppostition to civil society. It's about choices.

It is sad that someone has so much pride that they don't even recognize the help they have recieved. "No man is an island"

Absolutely not, mine is the attitude which built this country and those black who are rising above and becoming successful are doping so because the think like me not like you.

My attitude comes from my parents who grew up in the projects and now live in a large house in the suburbs. My wisdom comes from my father who "rose above" but he doesn't dare forget those who are still behind. He doesn't judge them, he does what he can to help them. He doesn't sit around discussing their problems, because he is too busy helping.

Here let me give you a peice of advice to your father in his aid.

Telll him to take the crack pipe out of their hands and hand them a job application.

I used to live in the projects too. And I was/am white. And you think your father had it bad, :lol: .

There is a crack epidemic going on there and I can tell you its killing black folks all over the US. Between OD's and gang distribution failures and other rivalries and disputes black people are killing themselves not by white cops in downtown LA(although I dont condone that).

I will tell you what the number 1 problem blacks have. Its their constant feeling that someone owes them something. They feel as if society owes them money or wealth becasue they want to be pittied. I figured this out by the constant growing up around black neighborhoods. It was the same outlook and perspective no matter where I lived. I lived from coast to coast, midwest, dirty south you name it. I have seen burough to burough. The sentiment is all the same. They feel that the whites need to give the balcks their wealth and let them live like that. That is what tupac preaches in his albums as well. And its wrong.

Back
Top Bottom