• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Race really an issue?!

Race is always an issue, but not in the way our hopelessly "politically correct" country likes to portray it.

Too many times we see black leaders like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson come to the "rescue" of black victims of "white inflicted injustice." As leaders of their community, I think they are failing.

Recently, we were witness to dispicable acts of violence portrayed largely by black people during a crisis that was already bad enough. People looted, raped and murdered. Black leaders came to the rescue and immediately pulled the race card and overshadowed these acts. We have heard that it wasn't a "black" problem...it was a poverty problem thanks to white society.

This could be acceptable, were it the first time we have seen this. In 1992, we watched L.A. burn in a similar show of violence. Stores were looted, 50 people were killed, 4 thousand people were injured, and there was 1 bilion dollars in property damage. Black leaders were quick to rush to the scene and portrayed this display as a lashing out against white injustice against blacks. Again, this wasn't a "black" problem... this was a "white" injustice problem.

In 1995, we saw blacks all over America side, against overwhelming evidence, with O.J. Simpson. Did they side with him because they believed he was innocent? Oh, that's what we heard then, but you won't find many people today that subscribe to what was fashionable back then. No, he was merely black and murder had nothing to do with it. Blacks turned this trial into a contest to see which color would win.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have strayed a long way from the likes of Martin Luther King Jr. Where once rage and protest could easily be explained away because of racism and civil unrest between peoples, now it is merely used as a crutch whenever applicable. These two people care no more for blacks than they do for whites. They are actually insulting to blacks if they would open their eyes to see it. The message I heard from these two as they condemned the Federal Government for it's absence, was that without supervision, blacks shouldn't be held to any kind of standard. They earn a paycheck by exploiting every situation and by painting as racial a picture as possible. Today's leaders have no strength to condemn their own. Instead, they cover and mask and hide violent displays and temper tantrums under a facade of white racism where it does not belong. In my circle of mixed colors and races where we sit and joke of this racial garbage while growing up in DOD schools or wear military uniforms, we take time to laugh at the collective American response to these two individuals. Black leaders are earning paychecks, white Democratic leaders are scrambling for votes, black voters are more than happy to give them that vote (no matter that Louisiana is a Democratic State), white Republican leaders always accept the blows, because doing otherwise will only damage their political standings with white voters who allow themselves to feel guilty. It would be hysterical if it were not so despicable. I think blacks could do with a little more constructive leadership, rather than leadership that looks for scapegoats and excuses for simple bad behavior.

Any possible chance to get the racist card out and you are all running to it.

For Gods Sake, Hurricane Katrina was a natural disaster. it couldn't be helped. George Bush is dealing with this extremely well. Look at what is going on around the world. We are all human beings. Colour is not an issue and you lot know it!!!!!

:2wave:

If the black community ever wants to be taken seriously, it is going to have to ditch these self-serving millionaire frauds like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson who remoirselessly lead their people down a path of perpetual blame, paranoid bigotry, and professional victimhood.

Race certainly was an issue, as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are propagating. Nobody would have even brought this up if it weren't for them. Had Katrina struck a well-to-do suburb like Beverly Hills, or Malibu, or something, I'm sure the response would have been much better.

kal-el said:
Race certainly was an issue, as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are propagating. Nobody would have even brought this up if it weren't for them. Had Katrina struck a well-to-do suburb like Beverly Hills, or Malibu, or something, I'm sure the response would have been much better.

We wouldn't have a bunch of Americans acting like animals either.

This disaster wouldn't happen the same way anywhere else, because no where else will we find the New Orleans type fragility in the face of nature. Our response to the levees and having a city under sea level?.......REBUILD!

Last edited:
GySgt said:
We wouldn't have a bunch of Americans acting like animals either.

You might be right, however whenever society dips into total lawlesness, no matter where it is, the rule of law will dissapate.

This disaster wouldn't happen the same way anywhere else, because no where else will we find the New Orleans type fragility in the face of nature. Our response to the levees and having a city under sea level?.......REBUILD!

Yea, I don't see the wisdom in rebuilding a city that's under sea level. But on the other hand, where are all the people going to go?

kal-el said:
You might be right, however whenever society dips into total lawlesness, no matter where it is, the rule of law will dissapate.

Yea, I don't see the wisdom in rebuilding a city that's under sea level. But on the other hand, where are all the people going to go?

True, but we have seen this kind of behavior before in the absence of law and it wasn't in the deep poor south was it?

I don't know. There has to be a better plan than to set ourselves up for another disaster in the future.

GySgt said:
True, but we have seen this kind of behavior before in the absence of law and it wasn't in the deep poor south was it?

True that, I see where you are going with this.

I don't know. There has to be a better plan than to set ourselves up for another disaster in the future.

Yep.

The black community gets largely discredited by self-serving, halfwit, frauds like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson when they lead baseless cries of racism even about hurricane relief efforts. In the wake of their bogus hype, these sleazy millionaire “civil rights leaders” leave their constituents looking like professional victims and paranoid bigots.

aquapub said:
The black community gets largely discredited by self-serving, halfwit, frauds like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson when they lead baseless cries of racism even about hurricane relief efforts. In the wake of their bogus hype, these sleazy millionaire “civil rights leaders” leave their constituents looking like professional victims and paranoid bigots.

Let's add to these "civil rights leaders" the vultures in Democratic office that rush to support them in the interest of votes...uh, I mean humanity.

galenrox said:
I saw an interesting thing on CNN Headline News, they had this poll from Gallup, apparently with white people only like 12% believe race played an issue, while over 60% of black people think race played an issue.

Race always plays a part. It gives people someone to blame.

galenrox said:
I saw an interesting thing on CNN Headline News, they had this poll from Gallup, apparently with white people only like 12% believe race played an issue, while over 60% of black people think race played an issue.

Of course, to the black majority race is ALWAYS an issue

HTColeman said:
That is a pretty ignorant statement.

i'd say it was an accurate statement, i didn't mean it maliciously

Back
Top Bottom