• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Donald Trump a decent man?

Is Donald Trump a decent man?

• Total voters
Nope. He's a ginormous piece of ****. When he finally dies the world will rejoice.

What an awesome post in a thread about decency.

So ironic

Promoters of baby killing criticizing a man's mere words and gestures

Get outa here

I can't answer that, because it is a "moral" evaluation. One I would have little to base it on except what is publicly portrayed via media sources and "historical records" both good and bad.

It would be like asking me if any member of this forum was "a decent person," when all I'd have to go on is their Debate Politics online persona.

So if I don't really know a person, I don't feel empowered to make such assessments.

I will simply say that so far, regardless of his public strengths and weaknesses, I support his efforts as President.

I beg to differ. If you watched all three debates in 2016, listened to the hot mic audio with Billy Bush, and visited @realDonaldTrump pages on Twitter, you got a lot of proof he is a very indecent man and mentally unfit to work in politics. The mocking incident also is proof of his indecency for the same reason: people saw Donald Trump do it himself, which is obvious.

Even though we don't really "know" Trump as a person, nobody who learned a lot about him through both the real news media and the man himself can deny his character and persona are, in his own words about Hillary Clinton, "evil" and "deplorable."

No, he is not a decent man.

He cheated on all of his wives. He left his children to be raised by nannies. He doesn't want to be photographed with his daughter Tiffany because he thinks she makes him look bad. He had incestuous thoughts about his daughter Ivanka. He attacked one of his opponent's wives face. He stole from children with cancer. He committed fraud on stupid people who signed up for his University. He mocked a disabled man. Shall I go on?

This is a simple question that I hope will elicit a good discussion. Is Donald Trump a decent man?

The question is NOT an assessment of his professional life; whether he is a good president or a good businessman. This is a question of character: Is Donald Trump a good human being?

Now I realize that is vague, but that intentional. I do hope we get into a discussion of what is decency, what it means to be a decent man, what it means if he is not a decent human, and what it means on questions of his fitness for office. If you think he is not a decent man, could you vote for him as POTUS? If so, how do your defend that position?

So I ask, Is Donald Trump a decent man? If you answered, you are on the record. Please elaborate (and, as with any good debate, be prepared to support your position)

I only have one question. Are you casting stones?

Some of these people truly should not damage America by Voting, if they think Trump is in any ways a decent man. This is the man who told the world, "he'd bang his daughter on live TV, where the world saw and heard it, and she sits there smiling like its a compliment. we don't know if it was a smile of shame or guilt.

The collusion, pandering and protection of Putin and the Putin agenda, should tell anyone, not only is he not a decent man, he is a seditious man, that engaging in acts that fit within the framework of treason.

He has denigrated and bastardized everything in our governance system, and made a mad man musical chairs game of our Governmental Cabinet Positions.
And he is an 'incessant stump barker, spewing belligerence every-time a microphone is in front of him, and when its not, he is on Twitter desecrating the integrity and dignity of the Office of the Presidency, while abusing technology to use it as a tool to spew the evilness that is within his core being.

The mental tonality of the nation has been damaged so bad until there is agitations of disregard in the air... and that a vile elements from vile leadership.

Nope. He's a ginormous piece of crap. When he finally dies the world will rejoice.

Thank you. I have been keeping a secret only out of fear that it would result in losing my DP account about this. Maybe I should not worry about that anymore.

So here it is: I will celebrate the day he dies and feel no sympathy for the Trump family.

Sometimes people do things they shouldn't or say things they shouldn't. Sometimes these same people do very good things, like boost the economy significantly..like make trade Fair to their own country..like protecting his nation's citizens by building a wall to keep criminals out

All such people should be cancelled asap

Guess that makes sense to some people

His sister and his niece knows him, and they have told those who pretend they don't know... that this is a malevolent being.....
Now for those wafflers, who spin, trying not to admit they love that nature of savagery, because they support any kind of savagery if they think by the slimiest chance that he may give them some money. Yet, too ignorant to know... he's fleeced the nation for the past 3.5 yrs from the seat of the Presidency... in the next few months, the only thing he is going to do is, feed more fear into the foolish, spoon fed the racist and bigots, and further damage America and American Global Relations .

Thank you. I have been keeping a secret only out of fear that it would result in losing my DP account about this. Maybe I should not worry about that anymore.

So here it is: I will celebrate the day he dies and feel no sympathy for the Trump family.

You will undoubtedly get Most Decent Poster of the Year award!

His sister and his niece knows him, and they have told those who pretend they don't know... that this is a malevolent being.....
Now for those wafflers, who spin, trying not to admit they love that nature of savagery, because they support any kind of savagery if they think by the slimiest chance that he may give them some money. Yet, too ignorant to know... he's fleeced the nation for the past 3.5 yrs from the seat of the Presidency... in the next few months, the only thing he is going to do is, feed more fear into the foolish, spoon fed the racist and bigots, and further damage America and American Global Relations .

Read Post 33

hell no, he reminds me of a child custody case where one parent intentionaly inflicts emotional harm on the child to alienate them from the other parent...that is who he is.

His Ass should be given the highest penalty for Sedition with the highest penalty for Treason!!! you can look up it ...

Keep waffling... if you knew anything about Trade, you'd know the history of Trade... America created the imbalance, seeking slave wage labor, while trying to buy influence to promote American Imperialist Agenda while trying to block poor whites, minorities and women, from having economic parity with white men in America.

When Trump managed Miss Teenage America he barged into the dressing room of the contestants when some of them were naked and said, "Don't worry ladies. I've seen it all before."

I’ll wager that his resting place will require a French drain.

I hope he is cremated and does not have an epitaph.

When I die, the opposite will happen.

Trump told Howard Stern he could use a vulgar term when referring to Ivanka. He and Ivanka have posed for several creepy photographs that indicate that he has an unhealthy attraction to her.

Good, decent men in locker rooms all over America say this all the time.

You know Donald Trump was lying when he called it "locker room talk" because he specifically described a felony called sexual assault.

That was then, this is now

And I could be wrong but I tend to think words and gestures are always less harmful than actions..u know, like the words of a trump tweet compared to the actions of an abortionist. Liberals whine about words but have no problem promoting the violence of abortion

Then there are the words of Trump

Compared to the words of the far left..I think specifically of the words of Ralph Northam when he advocated murdering children even when they are not in the womb!!

TRUMP 2020

Trump advocated killing children in the womb when he said we should "take out the families" of terrorists. He didn't make any exceptions for pregnant family members.

I think Trump is a childish man who could use some good parenting.

Sometimes people do things they shouldn't or say things they shouldn't. Sometimes these same people do very good things, like boost the economy significantly..like make trade Fair to their own country..like protecting his nation's citizens by building a wall to keep criminals out

All such people should be cancelled asap

Guess that makes sense to some people

Except he didn’t do anything of those things. He’s a terrible person without a shred of decency and anyone still defending him at this stage must be as bad as he is.

I think one thing we have to face is that we use politicians like we use prostitutes. We pay them with our votes and they do what we ask. Their moral decency is far less important. Trump pushes all sorts of boundaries, but I think there are parts of the "indecent" aspect of his persona that appeal to some voters who may be willing to vote against their economic interests just because of Trump's 'tude. They perhaps see him as a charming charlatan as was the character Professor Harold Hill in the show "The Music Man," or they like that he drives liberals crazy.

But to answer the question, "decent" is defined as "conforming with generally acceptable standards of respectable or moral behavior." So the best response to the OP's question would be "get serious."

This is probably a good thread so our Trump haters on DP can vent with each other.
Not sure what is going on but but this is truly needed right now.

So fire away! Get it all out of your system. Scream, yell and stomp your feet.
Tell us how bad orange man really is! Let see who can complain the most about him. :popcorn2::popcorn::alert

This is a simple question that I hope will elicit a good discussion. Is Donald Trump a decent man?

The question is NOT an assessment of his professional life; whether he is a good president or a good businessman. This is a question of character: Is Donald Trump a good human being?

Now I realize that is vague, but that intentional. I do hope we get into a discussion of what is decency, what it means to be a decent man, what it means if he is not a decent human, and what it means on questions of his fitness for office. If you think he is not a decent man, could you vote for him as POTUS? If so, how do your defend that position?

So I ask, Is Donald Trump a decent man? If you answered, you are on the record. Please elaborate (and, as with any good debate, be prepared to support your position)

Even most of Trump's supporters know he is a terrible person. The only people that think Trump is a decent man or people that are every bit as indecent as he is.

Back
Top Bottom