• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran will enrich uranium up to 60% if it wants to, Khamenei warns amid discontent over IAEA deal

We need to build more nukes.
You are disqualified

Why? We have enough to do life on Earth in. Except maybe vent worms.

Damn vent worms. We'll need a lot of nukes for them.

You trust the Iranians? They support terrorism and have openly preached the destruction of Israel.

I trust the Iranians because they support terrorism as revenge against US aggression. (I call if fighting for freedom)

I don't support the destruction of Israel, I support the destruction of the Zionist apartheid regime and then pushing it into the sea and drowning it! Thusly opening a door to world peace.

Trump has actually provided an opportunity for that to happen by relinquishing US credibility on further hostile relations with Iran. I would hope for Iran obtaining nuclear weapons as a deterrent to US aggression, but I will be more happy seeing Iran fall under the protective umbrellas of Russia's and China's nuclear deterrents. Iran likely already is!

I trust the Iranians because they support terrorism as revenge against US aggression. (I call if fighting for freedom)

I don't support the destruction of Israel, I support the destruction of the Zionist apartheid regime and then pushing it into the sea and drowning it! Thusly opening a door to world peace.

Trump has actually provided an opportunity for that to happen by relinquishing US credibility on further hostile relations with Iran. I would hope for Iran obtaining nuclear weapons as a deterrent to US aggression, but I will be more happy seeing Iran fall under the protective umbrellas of Russia's and China's nuclear deterrents. Iran likely already is!

You mean to say that Trump by removing Iran from the pressure of the USA caused Iran problems?

Well, then.

You mean to say that Trump by removing Iran from the pressure of the USA caused Iran problems?
What are you on about? Trump didn't relieve Iran from any pressure and he didn't escalate pressure either. If you have a question then phrase it in words that make sense. If it's a valid question that deserves an answer, you'll hear back.

All US and Zionist aggression is bad and so by comparison at least, the other side is the good guy.

If you are choosing between MERS and SARS there is no "good guy".

What are you on about? Trump didn't relieve Iran from any pressure and he didn't escalate pressure either. If you have a question then phrase it in words that make sense. If it's a valid question that deserves an answer, you'll hear back.

My comment. It appears it must be also translated.

The Fact is Trump yanked out our own inspectors. That is the pressure Trump relieved. When he pulled us out of the fatal flawed agreement made by Obama, it took pressure off of Iran.

I believe Trump helped Iran as opposed to hurting Iran.

So how does this gibe with your statement that the people who would use the nuke aren't part of a national structure?

You are misconstruing. I said that were persons to use a nuke, it would be them representing himself sand not any country.

The Fact is Trump yanked out our own inspectors. That is the pressure Trump relieved. When he pulled us out of the fatal flawed agreement made by Obama, it took pressure off of Iran.

This I can agree with. He was just about the best possible thing to happen to Iran. By pulling out of the agreement, he removed any pressure or requirement for Iran to comply with limits on refinement, while simultaneously making any future agreement with the U.S. suspect. It's not often one hands Iran a clear-cut geopolitical win but Trump somehow made it happen. Any future agreement will extract more concessions from the U.S. than the original Obama one.

This I can agree with. He was just about the best possible thing to happen to Iran. By pulling out of the agreement, he removed any pressure or requirement for Iran to comply with limits on refinement, while simultaneously making any future agreement with the U.S. suspect. It's not often one hands Iran a clear-cut geopolitical win but Trump somehow made it happen. Any future agreement will extract more concessions from the U.S. than the original Obama one.

I am not over the executions of Iranians, the hostage holding situation, and since I have discussed Iran with close to a dozen Iranians, I do not trust them.

Iran still holds a wrestler pending execution I believe. And they executed a wrestler earlier.

I haven’t read through this entire thread but, I’ll give my opinion on the topic of Iran and the United States.

The United States has no credibility left. We have ripped up our nuclear agreement with Iran without proper cause. Of course Iran can be expected to begin enriching uranium again. The long term history between the two nations puts the United States at fault for elevated tensions and the recent history of the Libyan disaster justifies any nation from wanting to develop nuclear weapons to deter American aggression.

Saddam fought uprising that were sponsored by the US, and his war with Iran can be included. Prior to US involvement and interference in Iraq, Saddam's was hugely successful and peaceful.
You can entertain us with the 'lot of things' though!
Keep it honest or you'll get yourself smacked down. Continuing to be less than specific won't get you in too much trouble with me.

edit: If you want to know the real story from Peter Kuznick.

Peter Kuznick's 'real story' is total BS. Japan had really nothing to fear of a Soviet invasion of their homeland in August of 1945 despite their declaration of war. Seeing as though the problem for them, as the old Down East Maine expression goes; 'you can't get thare from hare'. 3,741 American lend-lease ships were given to the Soviets, 36 of which were capable of mounting an invasion of Japan. This was clearly not enough to pose a large threat to Japanese forces in the mainland. Only 15 of which were LSTs. What kind of invasion were they going to mount with those extremely meager resources? They weren't in any position to do anything in Japan unless we lent our direct logistical support. Which we weren't at all inclined to do because you could only trust Stalin as far as you could throw him.

Thank you for admitting that you support terrorism and revenge.
Sorry man.. but supporting killing of innocents.. simply to take "revenge".. on what you term as "US aggression"..? Pretty much eliminates any credibility you might have had.

Thank you for admitting that you support terrorism and revenge.
Sorry man.. but supporting killing of innocents.. simply to take "revenge".. on what you term as "US aggression"..? Pretty much eliminates any credibility you might have had.
I don't support 'terrorism' as such. Revenge isn't always terrorism, sometimes it's the poor country or the poor country's fighters using the only weapons they have at their disposal. Small countries such as Iran, Venezuela, Iraq, Syria, and others don't have US style WMD's that are capable of wiping out entire villages containing hundreds or even thousands of people.

I'm opposed to all wars because without the wars there would be no need for terrorists or freedom fighteres. How about you?

Peter Kuznick's 'real story' is total BS. Japan had really nothing to fear of a Soviet invasion of their homeland in August of 1945 despite their declaration of war. Seeing as though the problem for them, as the old Down East Maine expression goes; 'you can't get thare from hare'. 3,741 American lend-lease ships were given to the Soviets, 36 of which were capable of mounting an invasion of Japan. This was clearly not enough to pose a large threat to Japanese forces in the mainland. Only 15 of which were LSTs. What kind of invasion were they going to mount with those extremely meager resources? They weren't in any position to do anything in Japan unless we lent our direct logistical support. Which we weren't at all inclined to do because you could only trust Stalin as far as you could throw him.
Baloney kid. Who has better credentials than Peter Kuznick?

What's that supposed to mean?

Only in bizarro world Robert. You have some weird imagination.

You can believe whatever you want Robert but I doubt you're going to get much support on it!

I don't support 'terrorism' as such. Revenge isn't always terrorism, sometimes it's the poor country or the poor country's fighters using the only weapons they have at their disposal. Small countries such as Iran, Venezuela, Iraq, Syria, and others don't have US style WMD's that are capable of wiping out entire villages containing hundreds or even thousands of people.
Sure you do.
Montgomery said:
Thats supporting terrorism. There is no other way to interpret that.

Small countries such as Iran, Venezuela, Iraq, Syria, and others don't have US style WMD's that are capable of wiping out entire villages containing hundreds or even thousands of people.

Sure they do. Iraq and afghanistan, Iran and Syria have/ had scud missiles

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/why-the-world-still-fears-the-scud-missile-21094

I'm opposed to all wars because without the wars there would be no need for terrorists or freedom fighteres. How about you?

Well..your premise is blatantly wrong. Usually terrorism and "freedom fighters".. happen in the ABSENCE of war.

What ongoing WAR was the us involved in that caused 9/11?

The Soviet Pacific Fleet was a joke. They had no capability to enable an outright invasion of Japan.....unless you think they were going to swim to the Home Islands😂

For revisionist history? Probably Kuznick. I don't even know where one gets their revisionist history credentials. I'm just going with the reality based history. Russia did not possess the naval capability to be able to mount an invasion of the Japanese mainland that would have any remotely reasonable chance of success. Not unless the Soviet Army was mostly comprised of world class swimmers and then some.

For revisionist history? Probably Kuznick. I don't even know where one gets their revisionist history credentials. I'm just going with the reality based history. Russia did not possess the naval capability to be able to mount an invasion of the Japanese mainland that would have any remotely reasonable chance of success. Not unless the Soviet Army was mostly comprised of world class swimmers and then some.
I can't accept your version of the story because I'm not sure if you really are an 'atomic kid'.

The Soviet Pacific Fleet was a joke. They had no capability to enable an outright invasion of Japan.....unless you think they were going to swim to the Home Islands😂
Your attempt to rewrite history isn't even as serious as the 'atomic kids'.

In the wee hours of Aug. 24, 1945, Soviet long-range bombers would take off from their air base not far from the Far Eastern port of Vladivostok and fly east, across the Sea of Japan, dropping lethal payloads on the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido. At 5 a.m. that morning, two Soviet regiments would storm their way onshore, followed, in two hours, by a larger force. Within days, two infantry divisions would sweep across northern Hokkaido, cutting the island in half.

That was the rough battle plan drawn up by the commander of the Soviet Pacific Fleet, Adm. Ivan Yumashev, at the end of World War II for occupying Hokkaido. Troops were on standby. Submarines were ordered to the Hokkaido coast for reconnaissance in preparation for land invasion, and had even started sinking Japanese ships (tragically, just refugee boats fleeing Soviet operations on nearby Sakhalin Island). The Soviets had by then occupied southern Sakhalin and were mopping up the remnants of the Japanese along the Kuril island chain that stretched from Hokkaido to the Kamchatka Peninsula, in Russia’s far northeast. Although the Red Army was not as experienced as the Americans with landing operations, this Soviet “D-Day” in Hokkaido would’ve been a walkover — the Japanese army was in shambles, and Emperor Hirohito had recently proclaimed defeat.

Back
Top Bottom