• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran to stone another Woman to death

Agent Ferris is Right 'Resist'.. you're speaking subjectivist BS.
Your statement wouldn't just condone the Nazis... but any Genocides such as Cambodia or Sudan.
"It's their country".

Who are you to judge? By your logic we could reimplement slavery today and you nor anyone else would have the right to say a damn thing.

So acts of barbarity are only acts of barbarity when they are inflicted upon peoples of other races? The Nazi party was only acting within the cultural norms of of Europe. It may seem barbaric to you and I but to them it may have seemed right, who are you to judge?

Im not judging and by your logic we would sit every Muslum down and say sorry your religion and practices are evil so you have to stop them, thats like an Atheist telling a Christian that he cant go to church anymore because he thinks its stupid.

Your statement wouldn't just condone the Nazis... but any Genocides such as Cambodia or Sudan.
"It's their country".

um no to for me to condone the Nazis would require me to actually say so i dont see how my statement emplys this.

"It's their country".

Ya it is there country why should it be any biussness of mine?

Subjectivist bull****. Hey Hitler hated Jews, he just wanted to kill the Jews in a culture which promoted anti-semitism and had a long history of Jewish pogroms, it may seem barbaric to us, but who are we to judge? I understand these things are normal over there, that's the ****ing problem.

I would just like to point out that, despite our revisionist history that makes it look like we attacked Germany to save the Jews, it's important to keep in mind that the allies knew about the systemic attack on Jews before it ever progressed to the death camps, and did nothing. I'm not saying the allies didn't care, just that it wasn't the main priority for wanting to go on the offensive. There were even anti-semetic sections of the British and French media that were praising Hitler's work, especially because he was also actively exterminating religious enemies and homosexuals. There are even well-documented reports that the Catholic Church was involved in handing over Jews, and protecting Nazis.

Although humanitarian reasons are often one of the pretenses for war often conveyed to us in order to manufacture consent, they are almost never among the primary reasons for invasions. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that your comment, though well intended, is very, very far from the reality of what happened in WWII.

In relation to that... I can guarantee you that we will never invade Iran for humanitarian reasons, anymore than we will help to stop the genocide of Darfur, or our lack of involvement during the deadly rise of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia in the 70's.

Last edited:
Great news!

Better than the outcome could have been. But, it is torturing a person to let them think for a period of time, that they will be stoned to death. And, there are still the rumors about her reputation that she will have to live with after this, in a country where rumours can seriouly affect ones life.

''I honestly dont think its our place to say what there doing is wrong because to us it looks barbaric but things like this are Islamic practices and are normal over there so what may seem wrong to us may seem right to them.''

FYI
These things also seem barbaric to many Iranians.

It is careless, to disregard the rights of 'them over there', as nothing to do with us. People who cant speak for themselves, need our support.

Im not judging and by your logic we would sit every Muslum down and say sorry your religion and practices are evil so you have to stop them, thats like an Atheist telling a Christian that he cant go to church anymore because he thinks its stupid.

Yes by my logic every Muslim should be told that stoning innocent women to death is wrong, call me when every major Christian sect starts supporting murdering people for apostasy and homosexuality then you might have a relevant comparison between Islam and Christianity.

um no to for me to condone the Nazis would require me to actually say so i dont see how my statement emplys this.

And this is where your logic fails, if you condone the murder of innocent women for the sake of cultural relativism then you must likewise condone the atrocities of the Nazi's perpetrated against the Jews as Pogroms against Jews were long held European cultural tradition.

I would just like to point out that, despite our revisionist history that makes it look like we attacked Germany to save the Jews, it's important to keep in mind that the allies knew about the systemic attack on Jews before it ever progressed to the death camps, and did nothing. I'm not saying the allies didn't care, just that it wasn't the main priority for wanting to go on the offensive. There were even anti-semetic sections of the British and French media that were praising Hitler's work, especially because he was also actively exterminating religious enemies and homosexuals. There are even well-documented reports that the Catholic Church was involved in handing over Jews, and protecting Nazis.

Although humanitarian reasons are often one of the pretenses for war often conveyed to us in order to manufacture consent, they are almost never among the primary reasons for invasions. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that your comment, though well intended, is very, very far from the reality of what happened in WWII.

I never claimed that we intervened on behalf of the Jews, we entered WW2 as a defensive measure, however, by his logic we can not judge the actions of the Nazi's carried out against the German Jews because it was their country. I understand that you and he don't care one way or another that innocent women are being stoned to death in Iran but some of us have this little emotion called empathy.

In relation to that... I can guarantee you that we will never invade Iran for humanitarian reasons, anymore than we will help to stop the genocide of Darfur, or our lack of involvement during the deadly rise of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia in the 70's.

We supported the priniple adversary of the Khmer Rouge.

Last edited:
Yes by my logic every Muslim should be told that stoning innocent women to death is wrong, call me when every major Christian sect starts supporting murdering people for apostasy and homosexuality then you might have a relevant comparison between Islam and Christianity.

I agree. But, I dont think it is we, who are telling them it is wrong. It is the UN international code of Human Rights that is telling them. These Human Rights standards apply to every country and everybody.

'' ...Christian sect starts supporting murdering people for apostasy and homosexuality...''
Christianity does support this murder, but they simply are not allowed in todays world, to uphold bible dictated 'standards'. They have been dragged kicking and screaming into progressing at a reasonable pace, though they are still lagging behind the standards legislation sets in most western countries.

Send an email expressing your thoughts about this to the Iranian embassy in Ottawa, Canada -- email address: executive@salamiran.org

How can Iran think they will EVER be respected on the world stage when we read about these barbarisms?

I dont think you can really compare a thousand years of Islamic culture to maybe 20 + years of anti -Jewish in Germany.

You really should have more sense of what is right and wrong than this. It is backward, to rely on things like culture and religion to tell you what acceptable human rights standards are. Though, you are not unusual, in your lack of ability to see without the dictate of things like religion, judging from a lot of what is said in political discussions.

Send an email expressing your thoughts about this to the Iranian embassy in Ottawa, Canada -- email address: executive@salamiran.org

How can Iran think they will EVER be respected on the world stage when we read about these barbarisms?

The Iranian authorities have heard this critisism, numerous times. Human right groups and the UN are contstantly poking them about it.

I guess the notion of "resisting the gov" only applies to pubescent boys whose worst oppression ever faced is having to clean up their room.

Heaven forbid that it would ever apply to a poor women under the yoke of one of the most totalitarian governments on earth. :roll:

I agree. But, I dont think it is we, who are telling them it is wrong. It is the UN international code of Human Rights that is telling them. These Human Rights standards apply to every country and everybody.

'' ...Christian sect starts supporting murdering people for apostasy and homosexuality...''
Christianity does support this murder, but they simply are not allowed in todays world, to uphold bible dictated 'standards'. They have been dragged kicking and screaming into progressing at a reasonable pace, though they are still lagging behind the standards legislation sets in most western countries.

The Christians consider those to be sins, however, I don't know of any major Christian sect which is calling for the criminlization of homosexuality and/or apostasy and certainly not calling for them to be capital offenses. That Christians still consider these things to be immoral or what not is a problem, however, it would be a much bigger problem if you had say Cannon Law still prescribing the death penalty for homosexuality or apostasy as does every major school of Islamic Jurisprudence.

Last edited:

and yet the U.S. voilates these laws all the time but nobody ever says anything about it.

You really should have more sense of what is right and wrong than this. It is backward, to rely on things like culture and religion to tell you what acceptable human rights standards are. Though, you are not unusual, in your lack of ability to see without the dictate of things like religion, judging from a lot of what is said in political discussions.

O ok fine ill look at the way you guys do from now on .....*cough* "ok its about time we sat these crazy muslums down and tell them there practices are crazy and if they dont listen we should invade or nuke them! Then we force western indoctrination down there throat until they convert! " ....Im i doing good so far?

Last edited:

Well ever heard of the Spanish Inquisition? were thousands were killed just because they werent Christian.

I never claimed that we intervened on behalf of the Jews, we entered WW2 as a defensive measure, however, by his logic we can not judge the actions of the Nazi's carried out against the German Jews because it was their country. I understand that you and he don't care one way or another that innocent women are being stoned to death in Iran but some of us have this little emotion called empathy.

No, but you made the implication that intervention in Iran could happen because of its humanitarian issues. I am here to tell you that it will never go down that way, because even in WWII when one of the worst genocides in history as happening, that was not our primary reason for going up against Germany.

As for the dig about apathy... I'm far from it. I would actually like it if the UN's humanitarian charter were enforceable, but then every one of the world's major powers, including the U.S., Russia, China, etc. would find themselves in quite a pickle.

We supported the priniple adversary of the Khmer Rouge.

The CIA also had a hand in the radical leadership rising to power in the first place because they seemed to be staunchly against the North Vietnamese, even though it was a guise to gain support for overthrowing the Cambodian people.

I guess the notion of "resisting the gov" only applies to pubescent boys whose worst oppression ever faced is having to clean up their room.

Heaven forbid that it would ever apply to a poor women under the yoke of one of the most totalitarian governments on earth. :roll:

O well since you seem to "care" so much mind telling me what your doing to help aside from argueing about sympathy and morals on the internet?

No, but you made the implication that intervention in Iran could happen because of its humanitarian issues. I am here to tell you that it will never go down that way, because even in WWII when one of the worst genocides in history as happening, that was not our primary reason for going up against Germany.

I never stated that we should intervene, though I have stated that Iran is an illegitimate regime thus their sovereignty is null and void, the only sovereignty I believe in anyways is individual sovereignty.

As for the dig about apathy... I'm far from it. I would actually like it if the UN's humanitarian charter were enforceable, but then every one of the world's major powers, including the U.S., Russia, China, etc. would find themselves in quite a pickle.

Ya in your world where capital punishment for murder is the moral equivalent to stoning an innocent woman to death. Your country would find itself in quite a pickle as well as it utilizes life imprisonment in supermax facilities where innocent men and women can find themselves in 23 hour solitary lock down for the rest of their lives which is far less humanitarian than the death penalty.

The CIA also had a hand in the radical leadership rising to power in the first place because they seemed to be staunchly against the North Vietnamese, even though it was a guise to gain support for overthrowing the Cambodian people.

Say what?

Back
Top Bottom