• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Iran showing its true colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Iranian president is saber rattling.
It's a quick way for him to get support by rabble rousing. Rather like Bush did with Saddam... You know... We've been hurt... we've failed to head Bin Laden off at the pass... lets go get Saddam. All that was then required for Bush to get the war he & Blair
bowdown.gif
so desperately wanted, was to give the nod to slimeballs like Lewis Libby.

Of course we know it's backfired for Bush & the result is now he's never been less popular. If his popularity level keep dropping at this rate, the evolutionary throw back will soon have the level of support he really deserves... in other words nil. However, luckily for him I don't think there are that many bright Americans for that to happen.

You have to remember perhaps the Iranians are still pi55ed off at living under a dictator, namely the Shah who was installed by the west. Like it or not they do actually have a kind of democracy now.
They had none before, thanks to the west....

"The Central Intelligence Agency's secret history of its covert operation to overthrow Iran's government in 1953 offers an inside look at how the agency stumbled into success, despite a series of mishaps that derailed its original plans. Written in 1954 by one of the coup's chief planners, the history details how United States and British officials plotted the military coup that returned the shah of Iran to power and toppled Iran's elected prime minister, an ardent nationalist.
The document shows that: ........
http://www.globalpolicy.org/empire/history/2000/0416ciairan.htm

Last edited:
robin said:
I think the Iranian president is saber rattling.
It's a quick way for him to get support by rabble rousing. Rather like Bush did with Saddam... You know... We've been hurt... we've failed to head Bin Laden off at the pass... lets go get Saddam. All that was then required for Bush to get the war he so desperately wanted, along with
bowdown.gif
Blair, was to give the nod to slimeballs like Lewis Libby.

Of course we know it's backfired for Bush & the result is now he's never been less popular. If his popularity level keep dropping at this rate, the evolutionary throw back will soon have the level of support he really deserves... in other words nil. However, luckily for him I don't think there are that many bright Americans for that to happen.

You have to remember perhaps the Iranians are still pi55ed off at living under a dictator, namely the Shah who was installed by the west. Like it or not they do actually have a kind of democracy now.
They had none before, thanks to the west....

"The Central Intelligence Agency's secret history of its covert operation to overthrow Iran's government in 1953 offers an inside look at how the agency stumbled into success, despite a series of mishaps that derailed its original plans. Written in 1954 by one of the coup's chief planners, the history details how United States and British officials plotted the military coup that returned the shah of Iran to power and toppled Iran's elected prime minister, an ardent nationalist.
The document shows that: ........
http://www.globalpolicy.org/empire/history/2000/0416ciairan.htm

So you're basically trying to excuse the words of this radical dictator, because of what happened 50 some years ago?:rofl

"Saber rattling" huh? It's o.k to threaten another country, and call for their complete annihilation? You sir have a problem, your hate for my country has caused you to become delusional, get some help buddy, get some help.:roll:

Donkey1499 said:
Last time I checked, America and Canada bailed out Europe in both World Wars. So, you guys owe us. Big time.

So does that mean we have do everything the US tells us to do, even if it against our principles. Europe is sick of war. Maybe if world wars were fought over the American mainland you would be the same. Maybe if you had bombs rained down in your cities daily you might be the same.

Soviet Union bailed us out too and without the UK, Nazism (probably the most evil regime ever) would have won.

GarzaUK said:
Please tell me that the majority of Americans are NOT like GySgt? Please if there is whisper of humanity left! Apparantly America is now a nation of action and Bush has changed this, well I guess thankfully it will change back in 3 years time. I've never heard so much hatred for us European, America's fathers, America's roots.

Strangely Aryan and GySgt are not that dissimilar. They have hatred in their hearts, only in different areas.

The Pen is mightier than the Sword.

Yes...I am mighty.

My comments are directed towards people like Ayrian, which is representative of a very general sentiment. It is called defense and throwing the truth back in their faces. Seek your fight somewhere else.

Last edited:
Deegan said:
So you're basically trying to excuse the words of this radical dictator, because of what happened 50 some years ago?:rofl

"Saber rattling" huh? It's o.k to threaten another country, and call for their complete annihilation? You sir have a problem, your hate for my country has caused you to become delusional, get some help buddy, get some help.:roll:
How do you feel about your corrupt lying politicians now ?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4386748.stm LOL
Don't worry.. your beloved trecherous cretins have only seen to it that another 2000 US lives have been lost.
So who do you think it is that really hates your country then ?
Of course Bush will deny all knowledge Lewis's dirty tricks.. even though they were all in cahoots !

robin said:
How do you feel about your corrupt lying politicians now ?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4386748.stm LOL
Don't worry.. your beloved trecherous cretins have only seen to it that another 2000 US lives have been lost.
So who do you think it is that really hates your country then ?

I don't respect the man if he is found to have commited these crimes, and he will be punished. This has nothing to with the war in Iraq though, and any attempt to connect the two is ridiculous, and irresponsible. The man has resigned, and now we can get back to the business of the people, and that's a good thing.

GarzaUK said:
So does that mean we have do everything the US tells us to do, even if it against our principles. Europe is sick of war. Maybe if world wars were fought over the American mainland you would be the same. Maybe if you had bombs rained down in your cities daily you might be the same.

Soviet Union bailed us out too and without the UK, Nazism (probably the most evil regime ever) would have won.

Let's not refuse one fact here....World Wars is a regional issue that is a part of your cultures and heritages. Ask yourself why you are sick of war. Would it be because you appease so much until you have to get involved that half the region is under a boot heel? Could it be that you would rather appease countries like Iran until they get nukes and then have to go to war against a more powerful enemy? Could it be because your region would rather appease the massacres in your own back yard (Bosnia) then to get involved and force Americans to once again cross the ocean for you? World Wars is a direct result of your appeasments and your being "sick" of wars.

Here is another fact. Why is it not called to attention that we allied with Communism to defend your lands...but your kind waste no time to condemn our support of Iraq against Iran? I guess it's OK when your ass is on the line..huh?

Bombs don't drop on our country, because people pay for it. Ask Japan and the Taliban.

Last edited:
No the yen is mightier than the sword.
Post WWII Japs conquered the world with it more than with the sword.
Of course America does the same.... namely to a large dgree financially control the world along with a little bit of sword work now & then... you know the odd CIA installed fascist dictator here & there, along with other means of meddling in other countries affairs.

Deegan said:
I don't respect the man if he is found to have commited these crimes, and he will be punished. This has nothing to with the war in Iraq though, and any attempt to connect the two is ridiculous, and irresponsible. The man has resigned, and now we can get back to the business of the people, and that's a good thing.
You don't know what you are talking anout. Lewis's dirty work deeds were done in connection with Iraq WMD claims.

robin said:
No the yen is mightier than the sword.
Post WWII Japs conquered the world with it more than with the sword.
Of course America does the same.... namely to a large dgree financially control the world along with a little bit of sword work now & then... you know the odd CIA installed fascist dictator here & there, along with other means of meddling in other countries affairs.

Oh..you mean with British MI6 right at our sides?

GySgt said:
Let's not refuse one fact here....World Wars is a regional issue that is a part of your cultures and heritages. Ask yourself why you are sick of war. Would it be because you appease so much until you have to get involved that half the region is under a boot heel? Could it be that you would rather appease countries like Iran until they get nukes and then have to go to war against a more powerful enemy? Could it be because your region would rather appease the massacres in your own back yard (Bosnia) then to get involved and force Americans to once again cross the ocean for you? World Wars is a direct result of your appeasments and your being "sick" of wars.

Bombs don't drop on our country, because people pay for it. Ask Japan and the Taliban.

Appeasement? Hmm lets see since WW2. Europeans fought in the Korean War, Fauklands War, Gulf War, Kosovo War, Afganistan War, we liberated Greece from a coumminst government, invaded Eygpt, a few African Wars - so we haven't been exactly inactive.
Did we appease Hitler? Yes we did. Did you appease Pol Pot? Yes, in fact you made an ally out of him.
Maybe you hate us because your mad that America actually needs Europe. Believe it or not you do. Of course Europe needs America. I think we are two friends who have fallen out a bit.

As for Iran, I believe your beloved Bush is using the diplomatic solution and making us Europeans do it? Why? Because he knows America can't afford another war, especially with Iran? Bush is actually appeasing Iran THROUGH us. Maybe the President has an image to maintain.

Have any of the other countries in the ME denounced Iran yet? Last story I read on the subject indicated there was complete silence.

GarzaUK said:
Appeasement? Hmm lets see since WW2. Europeans fought in the Korean War, Fauklands War, Gulf War, Kosovo War, Afganistan War, we liberated Greece from a coumminst government, invaded Eygpt, a few African Wars - so we haven't been exactly inactive.
Did we appease Hitler? Yes we did. Did you appease Pol Pot? Yes, in fact you made an ally out of him.
Maybe you hate us because your mad that America actually needs Europe. Believe it or not you do. Of course Europe needs America. I think we are two friends who have fallen out a bit.

As for Iran, I believe your beloved Bush is using the diplomatic solution and making us Europeans do it? Why? Because he knows America can't afford another war, especially with Iran? Bush is actually appeasing Iran THROUGH us. Maybe the President has an image to maintain.

"We" didn't appease Pol Pot. Our weak American civilian protesters and poll chasing government did. It would appear, as always, our civilians are once again proving to the world how fickle their "beliefs" are. Luckily, the President, doesn't care about polls.

Four of your wars was behind the spearheading leadership of America. In other words, without America urging for the right thing...they wouldn't have happened. Europe is currently appeasing Islamic extremism. I will give Britian it's Kudos. At least your country isn't whining for your Islamic extremist's right to preach hate and violence. Also...when I refer to Europe, I mean to seperate the UK, Belguim, and others from the likes of France and others.

What ever smoke you throw up...the fact is.....Iran is a worldy concern and so far the EU is on deck for it. So far, they have allowed Iran to do whatever they want and referred them to the UN. How comforting. This is typical. It's only a matter of time before America gets involved, but it won't be a military ground attack. It will be through military airstrikes on their facilities. We will not allow them the opportunity to hurt us or our allies. We will see what our European "allies" allow.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
What ever smoke you throw up...the fact is.....Iran is a worldy concern and so far the EU is on deck for it. So far, they have allowed Iran to do whatever they want and referred them to the UN. How comforting. This is typical. It's only a matter of time before America gets involved, but it won't be a military ground attack. It will be through military airstrikes on their facilities.

Iran is a concern yes, and Europe is trying to peacefully persuade them with US backing may I add, yet we are the ones appeasing Iran apparantly? Tell me if you get a friend to do you a favour, do you then critize him when he tries to do it?

If Iran wants to build a nuke they will, the only way to stop them is a full invasion. But Iran knows no-one will do that. The American army is at its weakest for generations. Recruitment has dried up due to the Iraq disillusionment, the army is overstretched, it will take a year for the US to stock up one weapons (the US might need another loan). That is why Iran has grown some brass balls recently.

GarzaUK said:
Iran is a concern yes, and Europe is trying to peacefully persuade them with US backing may I add, yet we are the ones appeasing Iran apparantly? Tell me if you get a friend to do you a favour, do you then critize him when he tries to do it?

If Iran wants to build a nuke they will, the only way to stop them is a full invasion. But Iran knows no-one will do that. The American army is at its weakest for generations. Recruitment has dried up due to the Iraq disillusionment, the army is overstretched, it will take a year for the US to stock up one weapons (the US might need another loan). That is why Iran has grown some brass balls recently.

LOL, you under estimate our abilities my confused chap, we can rain down a fire on Iran that would make shock and awe look like the fourth of July. There would be no need to go in to Iran, as we are not concerned about rebuilding it, we are only concerned about turning it in to a giant sandbox!

scottyz said:
Have any of the other countries in the ME denounced Iran yet? Last story I read on the subject indicated there was complete silence.

There usually is. This is the problem we are having with dealing with these extremists that are coming from this region's civilization. They do not police their own. For every rent a Cleric that the "House of Saud" pushes in front of a microphone, there are plenty of others around the globe that remain silent.

It's only a matter of time before the "House of Saud" releases a statement. Don't mistake it for sincerity. Treat it like the sympathy we got from Saddam after 9/11.

GarzaUK said:

Hell no, you don't criticize. I am being unfairly abrasive with my statements. Europe is taking the lead against Iran and rightfully so. Of course, the American government has every wish for a peaceful success, but I have pessimistic views when reflecting on the history of these Middle Eastern governments and the Europes lack of identification to what the problem is. I have no doubt that England will always be by our side. We would always do the same. My concerns lay with our other European "allies."

You're bottom paragraph is, unfortunately, true...as far as the ground side. It would be very hard to focus on Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran at this point. But why can't our "allies" recognize the dangers and act in our absence? Why must Europe always feel compelled to wait for America to lead the way? Besides...striking their nuclear facilities will be all that is necessary. We can do that easy enough by ourselves. I believe that the 70 percent population that is under thirty years old in Iran, who are seperated from the Mullahs and their religious strangle hold over the country, will do things for us. They are watching Iraq and so is the reformists (that are not currently jailed) in Syria. They do not want American boots on the ground, but they are keen to Bush's sense of change in the Middle East.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
But why can't our "allies" recognize the dangers and act in our absence? Why must Europe always feel compelled to wait for America to lead the way? Besides...striking their nuclear facilities will be all that is necessary. We can do that easy enough by ourselves.

There is 5000 European troops in Afganistan, I wouldn't be opposed to increasing it there. I have always supported the War in Afganistan, so did Europe, we even evoked Article 4 in the NATO agreement as Bin Laden did attack you. But you might not want Europeans to hunt for Bin Laden.

As us waiting for America, well you guys spend more on your military than the next 20 countries. You've spent billions on more advanced military equipment. Your military might could be a bit more better than ours. But I wish we were more responsible for our own defence.

GySgt said:
I believe that the 70 percent population that is under thirty years old in Iran, who are seperated from the Mullahs and their religious strangle hold over the country, will do things for us. They are watching Iraq and so is the reformists (that are not currently jailed) in Syria. They do not want American boots on the ground, but they are keen to Bush's sense of change in the Middle East.

Iran will change with time, but will the US be patient enough? Plus will the same intelligence agency that thought there were WMD's in Iraq know where every underground lab bunker is in mountainous Iran? I don't have that much confidence.

Deegan said:
Tony Blair has just called for "serious considerations of preemptive strikes on Iran" due to the comments from this radical dictator! I wish he was our president, what a cool and collected chap this man is, and balls of steel i tell ya, balls of steel. Here comes the hurt Iran, you should have kept your filthy mouth shut, now you have the two most powerful military's knocking at your backdoor, and all while we are in your backyard, what a fool!:doh
Balls of steel... What ! :shock:
Just like all politicians who from thousands of miles away whilst living a five star lifestyle being chauffered in their limos, send young men to their deaths.
In the case of Iraq to get rid of fantasy WMD's !

GYSGT our safety my dear friend is like a Surgeon, it is in the palm of your
good hands.

thank god for that.

my kind regards to U and the soldiers beside U

all the best to U

Mikeey

GarzaUK said:
Iran will change with time, but will the US be patient enough? Plus will the same intelligence agency that thought there were WMD's in Iraq know where every underground lab bunker is in mountainous Iran? I don't have that much confidence.

I don't know. America will not wait for Iran to build its nukes. We will strike those locations before that happens....or Israel might jump and do it first like they did in Iraq. As far as being patient for ideology change....Iran is different than Iraq. Iraqis were all about embracing change, because their abused lifestyle under Saddam. Iran must be allowed to do it on their own and then we must jump at the chance to befriend the "revolution"...for lack of a better word. There was a time that we were friends with Iran. This was before, of course, Ayatollah Khomeini's revolution brutalized Islam. We need to help this civilization, throughout the Middle East, into the 21st century and ground military action isn't necessary in every country. Everything just has to unfold. This is why, I believe that a successful Iraq is going to serve as a positive purpose in the end.

There is still the question of missing WMD that was there in '98 and dissapeared without explanation.

robin said:
Balls of steel... What ! :shock:
Just like all politicians who from thousands of miles away whilst living a five star lifestyle being chauffered in their limos, send young men to their deaths.
In the case of Iraq to get rid of fantasy WMD's !

Why even say this? What is the purpose (As if I didn't already know).

Did FDR kill Germans? Did Winston Churchhill? How many British leaders sent their young men off to "their deaths?" It is not the role of a nation's leader to climb a horse and lead his men into war. For that matter..it is not the military commander's job to lead his "soldiers" on a patrol. You're in the wrong era.

mikeey said:
GYSGT our safety my dear friend is like a Surgeon, it is in the palm of your
good hands.

thank god for that.

my kind regards to U and the soldiers beside U

all the best to U

Mikeey

Rock on, dude.

Interesting debate. Sometimes its better to be an observer then a participant isn't it? But I was wondering Gysgt since you must know that Iran has a shi'ite majority, wouldn't it be a bad idea to invade Iran? Or at least at this stage.

Deegan said:
LOL, you under estimate our abilities my confused chap, we can rain down a fire on Iran that would make shock and awe look like the fourth of July. There would be no need to go in to Iran, as we are not concerned about rebuilding it, we are only concerned about turning it in to a giant sandbox!

I remember when the US Government and public thought that Iraq was going to be a "cakewalk". Do not overestimate your power either, advanced technology can only go so far. No-one would have predicted at the start of the invasion this is where we would end up. Your shock and awe won a battle but it didn't win the war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom