• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inflation surges 7% in December, highest rate in 40 years

man. Great Buddha help the senior citizen on fixed incomes
7% is getting there.. the pain is gonna really hit when the fed start raising rates for everyone
It has no choice with inflation with no end in sight

Funny how trumps recovery didn't have inflation
Trump averaged just 1% economic growth, the worst since Hoover. Funny how inflation only happens when people have money.

Isn't it stunning how the left talks about how great the Biden economy is then supports massive spending programs to boost the economy?
They talk about rising incomes but neglect to talk about inflation rising faster. Liars. They exaggerate everything to keep their base stirred up and scared and filled with hate.

real GDP growth was:
2017: ~2%
2018: ~3%
2019: ~2%
2020: minus 3.2%
average 1% per year.
It went way over his head
and He will disagree with you on that one till hell freezes over
Good luck
Have a nice night

WHAT RESULTS?????????????????????
well I guess running up the national debt 6.8Trillion in 4years is one result of his policies ( and the right can be really proud of )
getting out of Afghanistan after giving the Taliban everything they have been fighting for and we fought against for 20 years and leaving a lot of it to be cleaned up By Biden
I guess that is a result
He didn't change anything on the economy that Obama did already start except give the rich the biggest tax cut ever and as I pointed out ran the debt up almost as much as Obama did
and Trump did it all in 4 years and didn't even have a recession to fight
YEP really great Results
Have a nice night

But rhetoric isn't a result. What has rhetoric done to hurt you and your family?
exactly and yet you voted for the liberal rhetoric ignoring the liberal results. I am part of the low approval ratings for Trump, are you part of the low approval ratings for Biden? I voted for Trump being one of the 74 million and did so because of results generated by his policies. I didn't vote for Biden as I couldn't vote for his results

real GDP growth was:
average 1% per year.
Forry kid but no link and nothing changes this reality. You are doing what every liberal does ignores dollar growth. Not sure what is wrong with people supporting the left who cannot admit when wrong. Negative GDP growth would be a recession when was that recession in 2017-2019

real GDP growth was:
average 1% per year.
Reality doesn't exist in the liberal world nor does the ability to admit when wrong. Never see links supporting your claim and when you do post charts they lack context.

Then since the topic of this thread is inflation here is the inflation for 2017-2019

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/inflation-rate-cpi.

Table 1.1.5. Gross Domestic Product
[Billions of dollars]
Bureau of Economic Analysis
Last Revised on: December 22, 2021 - Next Release Date January 27, 2022
Line2016201720182019
Line
1Gross domestic product
18695.1​
19479.6​
20527.2​
21372.6​

Reality doesn't exist in the liberal world nor does the ability to admit when wrong. Never see links supporting your claim and when you do post charts they lack context.

Then since the topic of this thread is inflation here is the inflation for 2017-2019

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/inflation-rate-cpi.

Table 1.1.5. Gross Domestic Product
[Billions of dollars]
Bureau of Economic Analysis
Last Revised on: December 22, 2021 - Next Release Date January 27, 2022
Line2016201720182019
Line
1Gross domestic product
18695.1​
19479.6​
20527.2​
21372.6​
I present numbers in post #806. Those numbers are neither liberal or conservative. They are just facts.

The problem with your post is that Trump was president for four years, not just three. Only counting the first three good years and ignoring the sour year, is like a Vegas gambler that only counts his winnings but not his loses. You may counter by saying the pandemic wasn't Trump's fault, which is arguable but the current moderate inflation isn't Biden's fault either -- but you are not at all prone to give him a pass as you give Trump. As been shown, the current inflation wasn't caused by any Biden policies. So no, Trump doesn't get to be graded on a curve.

Reality DOES exist in the liberal world but clearly not in your world. The REALITY is that real GDP growth was:
That means his entire presidency had an average annual GDP growth of 1% per year.

I present numbers in post #806. Those numbers are neither liberal or conservative. They are just facts.

The problem with your post is that Trump was president for four years, not just three. Only counting the first three good years and ignoring the sour year, is like a Vegas gambler that only counts his winnings but not his loses. You may counter by saying the pandemic wasn't Trump's fault, which is arguable but the current moderate inflation isn't Biden's fault either -- but you are not at all prone to give him a pass as you give Trump. As been shown, the current inflation wasn't caused by any Biden policies. So no, Trump doesn't get to be graded on a curve.

Reality DOES exist in the liberal world but clearly not in your world. The REALITY is that real GDP growth was:
That means his entire presidency had an average annual GDP growth of 1% per year.
I posted the link to the real data where is your link? The only thing arguable is why you refuse to admit when wrong For some reason you have extreme loyalty to the liberal ideology ignoring that loyalty put an incompetent into the WH

Your problem is far too many are hypocrites who claimed they wanted the 2020 BIPARTISAN economic shutdown to stop the spread of the virus when the reality is they wanted the negative economic results to blame on Trump. You are doing exactly that ignoring economic results from policies and economic results from the pandemic. What exactly did you expect the economy to do with the shutdown?

And oh by the way this thread is about inflation, what was the inflation rate in 2020 since the results are what you want to blame on Trump?

900 billion per year 2017-2019 that isn't 1%
he was president from 2017-2020. When you subtract an entire year for a president, or add an entire year for a president, that doesn't actually change reality. Trump had the worst economic record of any modern president going back to Hoover. That is indisputable.

I posted the link to the real data where is your link? The only thing arguable is why you refuse to admit when wrong For some reason you have extreme loyalty to the liberal ideology ignoring that loyalty put an incompetent into the WH

No you didn't post the link to the real data. You posted a link to the generic BEA site. But it doesn't vindicate your position at all. Your argument is that Trump's numbers are only 2017-2019 -- pretending that he wasn't president in 2020, and therefore rated on his entire presidency, 2017-2020. This isn't a college course where for the final grade the students are allowed to disregard their lowest grade.

Where is my data from? The Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED), which uses BEA data.
fredgraph.png

They talk about rising incomes but neglect to talk about inflation rising faster. Liars. They exaggerate everything to keep their base stirred up and scared and filled with hate.
Incomes for the bottom 25% continued to rise faster than inflation.

No you didn't post the link to the real data. You posted a link to the generic BEA site. But it doesn't vindicate your position at all. Your argument is that Trump's numbers are only 2017-2019 -- pretending that he wasn't president in 2020, and therefore rated on his entire presidency, 2017-2020. This isn't a college course where for the final grade the students are allowed to disregard their lowest grade.

Where is my data from? The Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED), which uses BEA data.
fredgraph.png
Understand completely you want to blame Trump for the pandemic results coming from the BIPARTISAN economic shutdown posting out of context data. I don't see the negative GDP growth you posted but as the FEDERAL RESERVE DATA doesn't refute the Treasury data posted in BEA.gov

Your problem is far too many are hypocrites who claimed they wanted the 2020 BIPARTISAN economic shutdown to stop the spread of the virus when the reality is they wanted the negative economic results to blame on Trump. You are doing exactly that ignoring economic results from policies and economic results from the pandemic. What exactly did you expect the economy to do with the shutdown?

And oh by the way this thread is about inflation, what was the inflation rate in 2020 since the results are what you want to blame on Trump?
Understand completely you want to blame Trump for the pandemic results coming from the BIPARTISAN economic shutdown posting out of context data. I don't see the negative GDP growth you posted but as the FEDERAL RESERVE DATA doesn't refute the Treasury data posted in BEA.gov
What you are arguing, again, is that Trump should get a pass for the economy in 2020. Sorry, no other president got a pass. Obama didn't get a pass for the Great Recession that he inherited; Jimmy Carter didn't get a pass for the recession that was intentionally created by the Fed to lower inflation; FDR didn't get a pass for the Great Depression that he inherited and Biden didn't get a pass for current inflation.

Some would argue that had Trump been more aggressive in the beginning of the pandemic, instead of downplaying it, the economic damage would have been mitigated, and therefore, he is responsible. I am not arguing that. I am merely stating that presidents get the hand that they are dealt, regardless of whether it's someone else's doing. As such, Trump doesn't get to pretend that 2020 didn't exist and exclude it.

real GDP growth was:
average 1% per year.
Well you know how it goes; you don't count the downturns, so only 2017-2019 matter. That's why inflation just magically comes off the Biden performance tally sheet.
🤭

Upgrading the Postal Service could be the most straight forward.

The Postal Service is a secret giant, generating about $71 billion in annual sales, including $23 billion in parcel revenue during 2019. UPS had about $76 billion in sales and $46 billion in U.S. package revenue over that span, while the numbers for FedEx are $69 billion and $48 billion.

What you are arguing, again, is that Trump should get a pass for the economy in 2020. Sorry, no other president got a pass. Obama didn't get a pass for the Great Recession that he inherited; Jimmy Carter didn't get a pass for the recession that was intentionally created by the Fed to lower inflation; FDR didn't get a pass for the Great Depression that he inherited and Biden didn't get a pass for current inflation.

Some would argue that had Trump been more aggressive in the beginning of the pandemic, instead of downplaying it, the economic damage would have been mitigated, and therefore, he is responsible. I am not arguing that. I am merely stating that presidents get the hand that they are dealt, regardless of whether it's someone else's doing.
No, what you are doing is typical liberal BS focusing on pandemic results not economic results from policies then you compare Biden's results to those pandemic results ignoring that the Biden economic policies wiped out the wage gains generated in 2021 with 7 % inflation. You also as usual ran from the inflation numbers in 2017-2019 also running from the GDP percentage Trump inherited(1.6%) in 2016 which is stunning since percentage growth is so important to you

Back
Top Bottom