• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inflation surges 7% in December, highest rate in 40 years

Black population p% in high poverty states:
Mississippi - 37.8%
Louisiana - 32.8%
New Mexico - 1.9%
Kentucky - 8.07%
Arkansas - 15.7%
West Virginia - 3.69%
Alabama - 26.8%
Oklahoma - 7.6%
Tennessee - 17.1%
South Carolina - 26.77%

Lets see, 6 out of 4 poorest RED states have high black populations

Thanks for proving my point
I think you mean 4 out of 10, which is not a high correlation.

Yep, the bastion of liberalism with trash all over the place, 1.3 million unemployed, 6.9% unemployment rate and this is what you want the rest of the country to be like.

Typical liberal personal attack when the narrative is destroyed. So Democrat control of the state for 60 years isn't reality? Who then is responsible for the California results?
You keep on repeating all this BS
and you have been implying that the Unemployment went down and is lower in red states and thing aren't working so well in Blue states
Well Unemployment went down on an avg. of about 2 % since Biden took office
where is you big improvement in Unemployment in red states like Alabama it was 4.3 in Jan and only 3.1 in Nov. a drop of 1.2%
Alaska 6.6 in Jan and 6.0 in Nov. a drop of point 6 %
Florida 4.8 in Jan and 4.5 in Nov a drop of point 3 %
Texas 6,8 in Jan and 5,2 in Nov and a drop of 1,6%
and California was 9% in Jan and 6,9 in Nov a drop of 2.1 %
and New York the other state you keep crying about 8.8 in Jan and 6.6 in Nov a drop of 2.2%
doesn't look like your Red states did as good as you keep saying looks like the biggest decreases in Unemployment were in the Blue states
have a nice day

You keep on repeating all this BS
and you have been implying that the Unemployment went down and is lower in red states and thing aren't working so well in Blue states
Well Unemployment went down on an avg. of about 2 % since Biden took office
where is you big improvement in Unemployment in red states like Alabama it was 4.3 in Jan and only 3.1 in Nov. a drop of 1.2%
Alaska 6.6 in Jan and 6.0 in Nov. a drop of point 6 %
Florida 4.8 in Jan and 4.5 in Nov a drop of point 3 %
Texas 6,8 in Jan and 5,2 in Nov and a drop of 1,6%
and California was 9% in Jan and 6,9 in Nov a drop of 2.1 %
and New York the other state you keep crying about 8.8 in Jan and 6.6 in Nov a drop of 2.2%
doesn't look like your Red states did as good as you keep saying looks like the biggest decreases in Unemployment were in the Blue states
have a nice day
The rest of us understand this. If you are trying to convince Con to accept what you wrote and change his mind, you are wasting your time.

The rest of us understand this. If you are trying to convince Con to accept what you wrote and change his mind, you are wasting your time.
I know just showing him again that he keeps posting BS over and over and over again and a lot of it either borders on being a lie or a very large distortion / half truth
Have a nice day

I know just showing him again that he keeps posting BS over and over and over again and a lot of it either borders on being a lie or a very large distortion / half truth
Have a nice day
He's immune to facts that counter his viewpoint. He uses facts the way a drunk uses a lamppost -- for support, not illumination.

Odd then that the data show otherwise:

View attachment 67370691
Source

Interestingly enough, none of the blue states you whinge about are anywhere on the list. Maybe you should complain more about the states topping this list than the ones you always focus on. You should also wonder why California has a lower welfare recipients per capita than Florida or Texas.
🤭
Look, your support for liberalism is stunning and based upon what? The Unemployment rate is 3.9% and yours is 6.6%. The four bastions of liberalism, California, NY, NJ and Nevada are dragging behind the numbers, why? Keep making excuses

Regarding the thread topic, why 7%

...upgrading infrastructure can help with inflationary pressure while increasing demand for labor, for anyone wants to work.

Your argument relies upon a statistical assertion, namely, that states with high black populations are the poor states.
Let's look at that. The poorest ten states are Mississippi, Louisiana, New Mexico, Kentucky, Arkansas, West Virginia, Alabama, Oklahoma, Tennessee, South Carolina.

Black population p% in high poverty states:
Mississippi - 37.8%
Louisiana - 32.8%
New Mexico - 1.9%
Kentucky - 8.07%
Arkansas - 15.7%
West Virginia - 3.69%
Alabama - 26.8%
Oklahoma - 7.6%
Tennessee - 17.1%
South Carolina - 26.77%

Black population p% in low poverty states:
New Hampshire - 2%
Utah - 1.5%
Maryland - 31.5%
Minnesota - 7%
New Jersey - 15.1%
Colorado - 4.6%
Hawaii - 1.83%
Massachusetts - 13.4%
Washington - 4.4%
Virginia - 20

There is a strong relationship between between poverty and a state being red or blue, where red states have high poverty and blue states have low poverty.

The relationship between race and state poverty is correlated but weak (large standard deviation by percent), as evident by the fact that New Mexico is the 3rd poorest and has 1.9% black people and Utah is the second lowest poverty, with roughly the same black p%, while Maryland has a high black population and has a low poverty rate.
Wow, such little pride in being wrong so many times.

Let me give you a basic economics lesson regarding the thread topic, economics 101, Supply and demand. Low supply and great demand inflation, High supply low demand, low inflation, Get it yet? Keep diverting from the reality of liberalism. Refusing to acknowledge liberal failures defines you and the cult followers

He's immune to facts that counter his viewpoint. He uses facts the way a drunk uses a lamppost -- for support, not illumination.
What facts? why don't you post facts with context like facts that prove that tax cuts are an expense, that the giver taker argument is valid, that the tax cuts didn't generate revenue growth though economic activity, that states don't benefit from federal tax cuts? So many questions and so little facts supporting your arguments

Sorry have no idea who you are responding to with this post. Have a nice day

It was you deflecting about the relevance of polls; the very same ones you now think matter. It's not spin, it's clear as day. Your post is the spin because rather than own up to it, you're going to do all sorts of mental gymnastics or attempt to dodge the subject.

PF8.gif
Polls are measuring sticks, the real results are what you experience from economic policies and gov't actions.

Oh but it is you that doesn't understand how the economy works, people being paid to stay home aren't producing any goods or services and that drives up demand without supply. The economy moving very good right now FOR YOU but not for the people the claims they want to help, the poor, middle class and homeless. Payments to not work are being eaten up by rising costs.
I think you might be missing a small but crucial detail; there has been a pandemic raging for over two years. Do you think attempting to deal with that might have had a bearing on global economies? Britain, under a Conservative government, isn't doing any better.

I think you might be missing a small but crucial detail; there has been a pandemic raging for over two years. Do you think attempting to deal with that might have had a bearing on global economies? Britain, under a Conservative government, isn't doing any better.
Typical liberal response, reality supply and demand determine inflation, what was the inflation rate in 2020? when gov't throws money at the problem like they did in 2021, supply cannot handle the demand, high inflation.

Look, your support for liberalism is stunning and based upon what? The Unemployment rate is 3.9% and yours is 6.6%. The four bastions of liberalism, California, NY, NJ and Nevada are dragging behind the numbers, why? Keep making excuses

Regarding the thread topic, why 7%
I have to jump in here. While you condemn "liberalism," liberal policies work. What are these policies? High taxes on the rich; policies that help workers, such as a high minimum wage and policies that encourage labor.

We see the achievement of liberalism vs conservatism in the Twentieth Century. At the beginning of the 20th Century, conservatism ruled, and resulted in public policy that did little to limit extremes of wealth and poverty. As a result, most people lived hand-to-mouth and had little savings. Most average Americans could not afford to send their children to college.

The creation of the middle-class society was created, in a remarkably short period of time, by FDR and the New Deal. Income inequality declined drastically from the late 1930s to the mid 1940s, with the rich losing ground while working Americans saw unprecedented gains.

Since the late 1970s these gains unraveled. We’re no longer a middle-class society, in which the benefits of economic growth are widely shared: between 1979 and 2005 the real income of the median household rose only 13 percent, but the income of the richest 0.1% of Americans rose 296 percent. We see it in the chart below:

JAAuctioningAmericanDream.png

Why do I support liberal policies? Because liberal policies work.

I have to jump in here. While you condemn "liberalism," liberal policies work. What are these policies? High taxes on the rich; policies that help workers, such as a high minimum wage and policies that encourage labor.

We see the achievement of liberalism vs conservatism in the Twentieth Century. At the beginning of the 20th Century, conservatism ruled, and resulting in public policy that did little to limit extremes of wealth and poverty. As a result, most people lived hand-to-mouth and had little savings. Most average Americans could not afford to send their children to college.

The creation of the middle-class society was created, in a remarkably short period of time, by FDR and the New Deal. Income inequality declined drastically from the late 1930s to the mid 1940s, with the rich losing ground while working Americans saw unprecedented gains.

Since the late 1970s these gains unraveled. We’re no longer a middle-class society, in which the benefits of economic growth are widely shared: between 1979 and 2005 the real income of the median household rose only 13 percent, but the income of the richest 0.1% of Americans rose 296 percent. We see it in the chart below:

There is plenty to condemn liberalism for basically spending in the name of compassion but creating dependence and destroying incentive. Then there is the class envy and jealousy issue demonizing those evil rich people many of whom are liberal and support Democrats. Our economy is the greatest in the world until liberalism tries to destroy it. Incentive and individual wealth creation made this country great but you look at it as a negative and hurting people even though you cannot post where any rich person prevented you from joining them

Liberalism is a fraud, it buys votes with social spending and creating dependence develops the "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" reality

Typical liberal response, reality supply and demand determine inflation, what was the inflation rate in 2020? when gov't throws money at the problem like they did in 2021, supply cannot handle the demand, high inflation.
So, in time of a global pandemic which affects every country on the planet, what would be your preferred solution to the supply chain disruption which in large part is driving inflation?

There is plenty to condemn liberalism for basically spending in the name of compassion but creating dependence and destroying incentive. Then there is the class envy and jealousy issue demonizing those evil rich people many of whom are liberal and support Democrats. Our economy is the greatest in the world until liberalism tries to destroy it. Incentive and individual wealth creation made this country great but you look at it as a negative and hurting people even though you cannot post where any rich person prevented you from joining them

Liberalism is a fraud, it buys votes with social spending and creating dependence develops the "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" reality
What a pile of utter nonsense! Was it 'liberalism' or unregulated banking practises which fuelled the Wall Street meltdown and global recession in 2007-under a Republican government?

We see the achievement of liberalism vs conservatism in the Twentieth Century. At the beginning of the 20th Century, conservatism ruled, and resulted in public policy that did little to limit extremes of wealth and poverty. As a result, most people lived hand-to-mouth and had little savings. Most average Americans could not afford to send their children to college.

Why do I support liberal policies? Because liberal policies work.
Want to tell me how liberalism created Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, and much of Silicon valley? why do you want to destroy the biggest and greatest economy and opportunity in the world by penalizing people and destroying incentive

So, in time of a global pandemic which affects every country on the planet, what would be your preferred solution to the supply chain disruption which in large part is driving inflation?
Supply chain issue? So what effect does that have on the basic economic principles of supply and demand? What do you think happens when gov't spends money in the name of compassion that doesn't generate more supply?

What a pile of utter nonsense! Was it 'liberalism' or unregulated banking practises which fuelled the Wall Street meltdown and global recession in 2007-under a Republican government?
Right, Democrats had no input or bear no responsibility for the 2008 recession even though they were in charge of the Congress. Amazing ignorance of civics. you look at the President as a King but only when that President is a Republican, WRONG!! Democrats took control of the Congress in January 2007, tell me what they proposed to prevent the recession?

Again diversion from the thread topic. we know what causes inflation liberalism spending in the name of compassion and world citizens totally clueless of U.S. economics

What facts? why don't you post facts with context like facts that prove that tax cuts are an expense, that the giver taker argument is valid, that the tax cuts didn't generate revenue growth though economic activity, that states don't benefit from federal tax cuts? So many questions and so little facts supporting your arguments
Tax cuts can only do so much. Upgrading infrastructure can upgrade our economy in the process.

Right, Democrats had no input or bear no responsibility for the 2008 recession even though they were in charge of the Congress. Amazing ignorance of civics. you look at the President as a King but only when that President is a Republican, WRONG!! Democrats took control of the Congress in January 2007, tell me what they proposed to prevent the recession?

Again diversion from the thread topic. we know what causes inflation liberalism spending in the name of compassion and world citizens totally clueless of U.S. economics
Tell me, what influence does Congress have over private banks?

Supply chain issue? So what effect does that have on the basic economic principles of supply and demand? What do you think happens when gov't spends money in the name of compassion that doesn't generate more supply?
Well, if you bothered to read the links I provided for your benefit, you wouldn't be asking stupid questions. Do so, and let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Well, if you bothered to read the links I provided for your benefit, you wouldn't be asking stupid questions. Do so, and let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
Ever hear of the term regulations? how about Freddie and Fanny? Better focus on your own country's problems instead of making a fool of yourself by talking about ours

Back
Top Bottom