• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inflation surges 7% in December, highest rate in 40 years

Well, if you bothered to read the links I provided for your benefit, you wouldn't be asking stupid questions. Do so, and let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
There is nothing stupid about my comments as they are spot on, I understand the impact supply and demand have on inflation. your economy is too dependent on Gov't spending, ours isn't like that thus when the recession of 2008 started turning around it was due to the private sector, yours lingered on, same holds true today, you are still dependent on Gov't spending whereas in this country massive gov't spending increases demand and does nothing to supply

Ever hear of the term regulations? how about Freddie and Fanny? Better focus on your own country's problems instead of making a fool of yourself by talking about ours
Yes, there were no regulations which is why the crash happened! Unrestricted lending, unregulated practises.

There is nothing stupid about my comments as they are spot on, I understand the impact supply and demand have on inflation. your economy is too dependent on Gov't spending, ours isn't like that thus when the recession of 2008 started turning around it was due to the private sector, yours lingered on, same holds true today, you are still dependent on Gov't spending whereas in this country massive gov't spending increases demand and does nothing to supply
We have been living under parsimonious conservative governments for over ten years. Sorry, that won't wash.

We have been living under parsimonious conservative governments for over ten years. Sorry, that won't wash.
who signed Glass Steagall? What party did Barney Frank and Chris Dodd represent and what was their involvement in Freddie and Fanny Mae? Ever hear of Franklin Raines and Jaime Gorelick?

Tell me what gov't produces that impacts supply?

Let me give you a basic economics lesson regarding the thread topic, economics 101, Supply and demand. Low supply and great demand inflation, High supply low demand, low inflation, Get it yet?
You couldn't even if your life depended on it.

It's not a matter of low supply... it's a matter of a shift in the demand curve:

clip_image009_thumb2_thumb1.jpg

To put it simply, producers are retooling to meet the change in consumer preference:

fredgraph.png

It can't be a downward shift in supply if the total amount of goods sold has increased..... Your post is less than worthless.

you see I can post articles too, but what you cannot do is defend the actions of liberalism that threw money at the problem creating a supply issue and high inflation. Happened under Carter, Under Obama, and now Biden. History repeats itself

I have to jump in here. While you condemn "liberalism," liberal policies work. What are these policies? High taxes on the rich; policies that help workers, such as a high minimum wage and policies that encourage labor.

We see the achievement of liberalism vs conservatism in the Twentieth Century. At the beginning of the 20th Century, conservatism ruled, and resulted in public policy that did little to limit extremes of wealth and poverty. As a result, most people lived hand-to-mouth and had little savings. Most average Americans could not afford to send their children to college.

The creation of the middle-class society was created, in a remarkably short period of time, by FDR and the New Deal. Income inequality declined drastically from the late 1930s to the mid 1940s, with the rich losing ground while working Americans saw unprecedented gains.

Since the late 1970s these gains unraveled. We’re no longer a middle-class society, in which the benefits of economic growth are widely shared: between 1979 and 2005 the real income of the median household rose only 13 percent, but the income of the richest 0.1% of Americans rose 296 percent. We see it in the chart below:

JAAuctioningAmericanDream.png

Why do I support liberal policies? Because liberal policies work.
How about telling us where the competition is in the ARRA

How about telling us where the competition is in the ARRA
What @Kushinator said. By the ARRA, you mean the Recovery Act of 2009, except that not every penny went to competing companies. 40% went to tax-cuts and some other amount went to state and local governments. Over $48 billion of those funds were invested in transportation infrastructure. Those investments were private companies bidding on government work, so I don't know what you think you were asking.

What @Kushinator said. By the ARRA, you mean the Recovery Act of 2009, except that not every penny went to competing companies. 40% went to tax-cuts and some other amount went to state and local governments. Over $48 billion of those funds were invested in transportation infrastructure. Those investments were private companies bidding on government work, so I don't know what you think you were asking.
Yes, labeled wrong, American Rescue Act of 2021

The nearly $2 trillion price tag makes this economic rescue legislation one of the most expensive in U.S. history. It one part of President Biden's Build Back Better plan, which also includes the American Jobs Plan and the American Families Plan.

I don't know who Kushinator is but regardless it made payments during the Biden "booming" economy and that is inflationary. You going to tell me why we had 7% inflation in 2021? Doubt it, but supply problems with great demand drives up prices and that is inflationary

Direct Financial Payments​

The plan provides for direct $1,400 stimulus payments to people making $75,000 or less annually

I don't know who Kushinator is but regardless it made payments during the Biden "booming" economy and that is inflationary. You going to tell me why we had 7% inflation in 2021? Doubt it, but supply problems with great demand drives up prices and that is inflationary
She is so coy.

It's already been explained multiple times in this very thread.

Demand growth from a booming economy has temporarily exceeded supply growth during this pandemic economic recovery.

You are exhibiting selective Keynesianism.

Yes, labeled wrong, American Rescue Act of 2021

So far we've traded better growth and low unemployment for higher inflation — a good bargain.

Polls are measuring sticks, the real results are what you experience from economic policies and gov't actions.
Very subjective one, but yes, a measuring stick about how people feel about the job a politician is doing. The question I had originally asked was why you rejected them before but find them useful now.

So far we've traded better growth and low unemployment for higher inflation — a good bargain.
Doesn't appear to be the case with the poll numbers as most people seem to realize it has nothing to do with Biden but rather Red states reopening. The only thing Biden did was wipe out wage gains with 7% inflation. You really don't have a clue, do you? Such loyalty to liberalism yet still no explanation as to why the biggest Blue state have such high unemployment. Has a lot to do with Covid response. What is it about liberalism that creates your knind of loyalty?

Better growth? Vs 2020? ROLFMAO. Further there are four components to GDP figure out what really contributed to that better growth number you tout

Very subjective one, but yes, a measuring stick about how people feel about the job a politician is doing. The question I had originally asked was why you rejected them before but find them useful now.
Still waiting where I discounted the poll numbers under Trump, I explained them to you and why they were as low as they were. Trump personality and rhetoric played right into the left's hate propaganda and rhetoric.

Look, your support for liberalism is stunning and based upon what?
This is an odd question since nothing I have said has been in defense of any ideology. I think the problem is you've become much like a computer program that can only respond within the parameters of its code, and in your case it's set on just attacking Liberalism. I'm sure if those were a discussion about favorite ice cream flavors, you would some how start attacking Liberalism.

The Unemployment rate is 3.9% and yours is 6.6%. The four bastions of liberalism, California, NY, NJ and Nevada are dragging behind the numbers, why?
A wide variety of reason which if you followed any of it wouldn't be asking these rather daft questions.

Keep making excuses
I've made no excuses.

Regarding the thread topic, why 7%
A wide variety of reason which if you followed any of it wouldn't be asking these rather daft questions.

Still waiting where I discounted the poll numbers under Trump, I explained them to you and why they were as low as they were. Trump personality and rhetoric played right into the left's hate propaganda and rhetoric.
There's no need to wait, they are in post #663. Reading is fundamental. I never asked for an explanation of why they were low, but why you stated they didn't matter.

There's no need to wait, they are in post #663. Reading is fundamental. I never asked for an explanation of why they were low, but why you stated they didn't matter.
Poll numbers are measuring sticks for results or personality, Bidens results Trump personality

Biden is taking credit and you touting are due to red state results and.nothing he did as you have yet to post

Poll numbers are measuring sticks for results or personality, Bidens results Trump personality

Biden is taking credit and you touting are due to red state results and.nothing he did as you have yet to post
Just what RED states results are you talking about?
if it is the Unemployment numbers most Blue states had better numbers in the rate that unemployment dropped
the Unemployment rates doesn't mean the Red states are doing better then Blue states
there are a lot of things that effect the unemployment rate that very from state
and the rate of Poverty is a lot higher in Red states then Blue but we don't see you saying a word about that
have a nice night

Since you have no way of actually parsing out polling results in that manner, this is a rather meaningless assessment.

I haven't touted anything. You keep trying to make claims I haven't made, and since I already said no thank you to what I know will be a bunch of predictable responses on unemployment and inflation, that pretty much concludes this episode.

thanks-for-playing-red-bull.gif

So, in time of a global pandemic which affects every country on the planet, what would be your preferred solution to the supply chain disruption which in large part is driving inflation?
Clearly someone is in either Maximum Obstinance mode, or was asleep for the past two years, It's been pretty obvious for most people that the incredibly fast changes to the economy in 2020 had impacts on many businesses, and the ability to scale back up has been much harder; in part because the demand for certain products and services has changed from pre-pandemic times to now. Changes to the workforce have also impacted the ability to scale back up too.

Since you have no way of actually parsing out polling results in that manner, this is a rather meaningless assessment.

I haven't touted anything. You keep trying to make claims I haven't made, and since I already said no thank you to what I know will be a bunch of predictable responses on unemployment and inflation, that pretty much concludes this episode.

thanks-for-playing-red-bull.gif
So are you in rhetoric 40% that supports Biden? Yes I was in the number that supported Trump because of results. Your turn

Back
Top Bottom