• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Indiana teacher who exposed CRT teaching put on leave, has email locked, banned from school buildings

Oh, btw...

Indiana is one of many states that observe the doctrine of at-will employment. Essentially, the term means that employers in at-will employment states do not need good reason to terminate employee relationships. Rather, with few exceptions, employers can fire their workers at any time, and for practically any reason.

If a person put a gun to your head and demanded that you tell them what CRT means, you'd be lucky and privileged and fortunate enough to wake up in a cold sweat, still devoid of a coherent answer. You almost got called out on that routine of yours, to your face. Close one.
"I don't know what it is, but I don't like it."

I like that they tried to pile onto the "placed on leave" part to make it sound like the punishment was harder, but actually just ended up listing more things that come standard with administrative leave.

The township just west of me is pretty affluent, has a great school system and is predominately white.
4 newcomers ran for the school board as a pack, and won overwhelmingly on a virulent anti CRT agenda.
Problem is, CRT is not in the school curriculum and hasn't even been discussed as a possible addition to the school curriculum. Apparently that doesn't matter. So thank god the experienced school board members were kicked to the curb so as to ensure CRT could never, ever be considered. At least until the next boogeyman crops up and CRT is forgotten about.

Look folks....this is not even difficult to understand though given the number of keystrokes devoted to it, you would think understanding where to draw the line on CRT makes The Theory of Relativity seem like child's play.

History is history. "Who, what, where and when is HISTORY. We don't even teach the actual history as we know it to be in this country and there are significant numbers of Americans that do not want the actual history as we know it to be taught because their poor little urchins just could not take the pressure. Sort of like the "my baby can't breath through that surgical mask" argument. We do not even teach the full story of the failed Reconstruction, K-12. This is A CRIME IMO since in point of fact we have continued to make the same mistakes and engendered the same corruption of the failed Reconciliation from that day to this over and over again. So there are relevant lessons to be learned from teaching the Reconstruction all the way from inception to failure probably somewhere between 9th and 12th grade.

We should teach the actual history and those that think otherwise are IDIOTS. Those that unscrupulously think to use the Red Herring of CRT to prevent the teaching of the actual history as we know it are unscrupulous MORONS. I don't even know how to talk to these people. They claim to be proud of our history but are clearly afraid of it. These are the book burners.

At its least common denominator, CRT is an effort to RATIONALIZE the actual history against a societal backdrop. IT IS A THEORY. Ya' know.....Critical Race THEORY.

K-12 is designed to teach youngsters how to use their noggins. All of it is and has been designed to teach young minds how to think, not what to think but how to think. How to work through problems. When born we are provided with this enormously capable logic device called a brain but we are not provided with the practical means to employ it effectively over a lifetime beyond the unconscious messages it sends our lungs to breath and our heads to move to avoid an object thrown at it . That is what K-12 is supposed to do along with giving us rudimentary math and English skills. It is supposed to teach us how to use our heads. It is now also assigned the task of giving us basic computer skills so we can use these artificial logic devices called computers. As for History, Civics and Social Studies, they are all mashed up into contemporary "Social Studies", another educational CRIME IMO.

I have detractors both to my Left and to my Right, a good sign that I am likely on the right path. There are those on the Left that argue that CRT should be taught somewhere K-12 though it is not currently and there are those on the Right that argue that it is already being taught K-12. They are both WRONG!

If the graduating High School student wants to RATIONALIZE our history, racial or otherwise, he should do it within the confines of Higher Education.....COLLEGE. That is the place where he or she should gain exposure to the theory known as CRT if anywhere. It should IMO without question be offered there as an elective. If not going on to any sort of higher education but still interested in rationalizing our history, READ BOOKS!!!!! If the student has not come out of K-12 even with the comprehension skills to read and understand what is in books WE HAVE FAILED HIM MISERABLY. In addition, NO, I do not buy the contemporary notion that "oh we are just too busy putting together our lives of career and commerce to read books". BULLSHIT.....We are teaching our children that their entire life is career and commerce thus relegating History as a topic, Civics as a topic and Social Studies to the eventual graveyard and rapidly for that matter. Many don't know those topics to a practical level of understanding even now. As consequence we have CITIZENS that can vote but have no earthly idea how the people they vote for function nor how their government, Federal, State or Local function. They are easily talked into thinking attacking the very Capital and interfering with the legitimate Article 1 duties of those there makes them Patriots.....ABSURD!!!!! They are Revolutionaries and since they can't even figure that out, I can only surmise that they do not know how to distinguish between a Patriot and a Revolutionary.

I wonder if he would have gotten in less trouble by “exposing” himself.

♪ I smell a lawsuit! ♪

Tham damn democrats say that CRT is no big deal. If so, what is the big deal about its presence being present worrying democrats to the point that a teacher who confirmed it gets this awful treatment?

Sound like the democrats don't want anyone to know - they want it kept secret.

I like that they tried to pile onto the "placed on leave" part to make it sound like the punishment was harder, but actually just ended up listing more things that come standard with administrative leave.

As a school employee he'd have a lot more rights to notice of termination than a private-sector employee. Four weeks notice, I'm guessing.

Justia says the minimum employment contract is 2 years (for teachers and administrators) so there would be some show-cause to terminate early. As far as I can tell, Kinnett hasn't been terminated. They're probably talking to lawyers about that.

Tham damn democrats say that CRT is no big deal. If so, what is the big deal about its presence being present worrying democrats to the point that a teacher who confirmed it gets this awful treatment?

Sound like the democrats don't want anyone to know - they want it kept secret.

Teacher development can contain much more controversial material without the expectation teachers will teach it directly.

Some people on the other hand (like mr. Kinnett) consider teachers to be children.

CRT is a legal study of race-based laws that have passed and their effects on society. The right is working hard to conflate any talk about any race, race history as being CRT so they can ban it.

How does the media supposedly set up fixed outrage?
unbelievably stupid question in year 2021. From the past few weeks alone, we have seen coverage after coverage of a trial of a 17 year boy who acted in self-defense while the slaughter of 6 whites by a black terrorist is swept under the rugs

unbelievably stupid question in year 2021. From the past few weeks alone, we have seen coverage after coverage of a trial of a 17 year boy who acted in self-defense while the slaughter of 6 whites by a black terrorist is swept under the rugs
^^ This, is incredibly stupid and completely dishonest.

While there is no argument that Rittenhouse has been, and continues to be, vilified by many in the media, it’s also true that Rittenhouse has also been praised, and continues to be, by many others in the media.

Your butt hurt over the fact that the majority of mainstream media leans left, and always has, is a “you” problem.

As for your shameful lie regarding the media’s “sweeping under the rug” the deaths of 6 people, and injury of many others in Waukesha, Wisconsin;

^^ This, is incredibly stupid and completely dishonest.

While there is no argument that Rittenhouse has been, and continues to be, vilified by many in the media, it’s also true that Rittenhouse has also been praised, and continues to be, by many others in the media.

Your butt hurt over the fact that the majority of mainstream media leans left, and always has, is a “you” problem.

As for your shameful lie regarding the media’s “sweeping under the rug” the deaths of 6 people, and injury of many others in Waukesha, Wisconsin;
do you hear anything about it now?

A friend of ours near Seattle told my wife today about her Zoom teacher conference for her 5th grade son. The school has been sending out materials to the parents on a regular basis, with links, teaching materials, even some videos. The teacher told her that they would be starting social studies after the holiday break. Our friend asked the teacher when they should expect receiving materials and was told "we're not sending anything out". She asked why not and was told that they "aren't discussing the curriculum with parents".

True story. They live in Bellevue.

those were all old
Try again.

I posted the links on 12/1.

3 of the references were reported on 12/1.
1 of the references was reported on 11/30.
3 of the references were reported on 11/28.
1 of the references was reported on 11/23.

Back
Top Bottom