• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Impeachment - Tool For Protecting The Integrity Of Our Democracy

It's your duck..... it floats your boat, it's only your opinion not based on anything but your opinion! It's great jumping to conclusions, going off half cocked, etc!

All that duck dues..... of course you know about duck dues.....
So it's only opinion that a mob stormed Congress, killed a cop, planted explosive devices?

lol

if they can get at least 50 senators on board they can at least keep him from ever running for office again

Not exactly. I am pretty sure (acknowledging here that I may wrong, but I don't think so), the vote to keep him from running again is AFTER the vote to convict. The prohibition on elected office is part of the punishment, which can only happen with a conviction. Of course, a conviction requires a 2/3 vote.

I wouldn't worry to much about him running again. He is pretty toxic. From a Democratic strategy perspective, I think the thought he might run again handcuffs Republicans from getting their act together in 2024. That is only personal opinion here, but there can't be too much effective political jockeying until Trump is clearly out of the way.

That notwithstanding, IMHO, there is tremendous value in impeaching Trump again for:
1) His antics will be well investigated and the evidence set forth in trial. Even if the Senate does not vote to convict, the allegations are well documented for the historic record
2) A two-times impeached president will be eliminated from consideration as a candidate in 2024 (not to mention all of the other legal actions that Trump faces that have yet to be litigated)
3) A two-times impeached president cements his role in history as America's worst president.

Last edited:
So it's only opinion that a mob stormed Congress, killed a cop, planted explosive devices?

lol
No, you have half a story, and your making up the rest! Just like the rest of the characters who base there opinion on being judge jury and the executioner..... you could keep an open mind, and when the facts are available, come to your own conclusions, not those being fed to you!

No, you have half a story, and your making up the rest! Just like the rest of the characters who base there opinion on being judge jury and the executioner..... you could keep an open mind, and when the facts are available, come to your own conclusions, not those being fed to you!
Oh, I'm making it up? So what alt-reality are you trying to spin where a bunch of Trump supporters didn't storm the Congress, kill a cop, plant bombs, and disrupt the EC vote certification?

Oh, I'm making it up? So what alt-reality are you trying to spin where a bunch of Trump supporters didn't storm the Congress, kill a cop, plant bombs, and disrupt the EC vote certification?
Repeating sentences again and again doesn't change the fact, you only have half the information to base an opinion!
Okay, who ordered and opened the barriers to let the demonstrators in? Who said they were trump supporters, George Soros can muster up thousands of black lives matter folks!

Repeating sentences again and again doesn't change the fact, you only have half the information to base an opinion!
Okay, who ordered and opened the barriers to let the demonstrators in? Who said they were trump supporters, George Soros can muster up thousands of black lives matter folks!
The demonstrators stormed the barricades and attacked the police.
They were carrying all sorts of Trump paraphanalia and shouting that Trump won. To claim they aren't Trump supporters is laughable and dishonest.

So Trump Supporters stormed Congress, killed a cop, planted bombs, and disrupted the EC vote certification. That is REALITY. If you can't deal with REALITY, that's on you, but it doesn't change REALITY.

The demonstrators stormed the barricades and attacked the police.
They were carrying all sorts of Trump paraphanalia and shouting that Trump won. To claim they aren't Trump supporters is laughable and dishonest.

So Trump Supporters stormed Congress, killed a cop, planted bombs, and disrupted the EC vote certification. That is REALITY. If you can't deal with REALITY, that's on you, but it doesn't change REALITY.
I can do that as well, and I'm no trump supporter!
Why would I be daft enough to use American media when I know it's corrupt, and owned by five individuals?
How on earth would you consider only American compost media outlets?

I can do that as well, and I'm no trump supporter!
That has nothing to do with what I said, that's some shitty ass deflection right there.
Your inability to acknowledge and accept reality in no way changes the reality.

That has nothing to do with what I said, that's some shitty ass deflection right there.
Your inability to acknowledge and accept reality in no way changes the reality.
No..... your reality..... but then, I cannot be lead up the garden path!

No..... your reality..... but then, I cannot be lead up the garden path!
Or anywhere The Blaze or OAN won't lead you.
lol
It is not MY reality that Trump supporters stormed Congress, killed a cop, planted bombs, and disrupted the certification of the EC votes. That's reality. The fact that YOU can't acknowledge that speaks far more to you than me.
lol

Or anywhere The Blaze or OAN won't lead you.
lol
It is not MY reality that Trump supporters stormed Congress, killed a cop, planted bombs, and disrupted the certification of the EC votes. That's reality. The fact that YOU can't acknowledge that speaks far more to you than me.
lol
Yes, I know that's what you've said, it's your duck, remember!
But you know only what the media have told you, I remember the election, and the opportunity they had to investigate the dubiety, instead they castigated Trump for obvious wrong doing, by employees who were tasked to oversee the elections fairness and structures. But you cannot look at these facts without attempting to bully opposition to your point of view.
I say again, I cannot be lead up the garden path, I think for myself and come to my reasoned conclusions based on facts.

Yes, I know that's what you've said, it's your duck, remember!
But you know only what the media have told you, I remember the election, and the opportunity they had to investigate the dubiety, instead they castigated Trump for obvious wrong doing, by employees who were tasked to oversee the elections fairness and structures. But you cannot look at these facts without attempting to bully opposition to your point of view.
I say again, I cannot be lead up the garden path, I think for myself and come to my reasoned conclusions based on facts.
These people have already started to be arrested too. Do you dispute that as well?
lol
I'm not sure I would quantify what you are doing here as "thinking", it's more akin to "denial". You cannot accept or acknowledge reality, that makes everything you say bullshit, and it will remain so until such time when you can come to terms with reality.
Enjoy your alt-facts, but your false narrative doesn't change a thing.

Another judge jury and executioner.... of course your right, no other opinion is even considered!
But what if......

Have a nice day.... ya hear!

The "affidavit" you link to has a few problems. I do enjoy toddling thru the internets and finding fun stuff.
Quick summary:

• This is just a photo of a sheet of paper of unknown origin. No docket number, no source, no legal filing, nothing. Do you really want to trust it?
  • There is no such thing as a “Fucino Tower” in Italy. A “Fucino” satellite communications facility exists, but it has no towers. There is no building there known as “Fucino Tower”. Satellite communication stations are not radio towers. Never have been. They look like big dishes. They look like Arecibo, Jodrell Bank, Goldstone, Parkes. See for yourselves.
  • People with the names mentioned in the “affidavit” actually do exist in Italy, but that does not imply or prove that they committed electoral fraud in the US. You exist, your name is available online: if somebody used it in a made-up allegation, would that prove you’re guilty? Exactly.
  • An edited video of the alleged lawyer appears to be merely reporting that a person made a sworn statement before him; it is not evidence and it is not an endorsement by the lawyer.
  • The person who allegedly made the statement is a convicted criminal. Do you really want to trust the unsubstantiated words of a criminal?
  • Also, do you really want to claim that one IT guy in Italy was able to hack the voting system of your entire country? What are you, a bunch of amateurs? Do you realize how ridiculous this whole story sounds?

These people have already started to be arrested too. Do you dispute that as well?
lol
I'm not sure I would quantify what you are doing here as "thinking", it's more akin to "denial". You cannot accept or acknowledge reality, that makes everything you say bullshit, and it will remain so until such time when you can come to terms with reality.
Enjoy your alt-facts, but your false narrative doesn't change a thing.
If I may change the subject for a minute, in England the media, newspapers BBC etc, all claimed day after day terrorist were arrested, five seven ten at a time. Of six hundred people arrested, do you know how many were prosecutes for terrorism, none..... one guy was prosecuted for reset, the selling of stolen goods, but it sold papers and created fear! I'm not frightened. No terrorists!
Just recently the BBC stated six people had been murdered in a Glasgow premises for immigrants, all over the news radio, tv, newspapers, the truth..... one person was stabbed, no one murdered!
You enjoy being fed your false narratives, you jumping to conclusions, and generally being lead up the garden path!

The "affidavit" you link to has a few problems. I do enjoy toddling thru the internets and finding fun stuff.
They say there are three American military bases in Italy, there are over a hundred bases if you include Africom and mercenary bases!

If I may change the subject for a minute, in England the media, newspapers BBC etc, all claimed day after day terrorist were arrested, five seven ten at a time. Of six hundred people arrested, do you know how many were prosecutes for terrorism, none..... one guy was prosecuted for reset, the selling of stolen goods, but it sold papers and created fear! I'm not frightened. No terrorists!
Just recently the BBC stated six people had been murdered in a Glasgow premises for immigrants, all over the news radio, tv, newspapers, the truth..... one person was stabbed, no one murdered!
You enjoy being fed your false narratives, you jumping to conclusions, and generally being lead up the garden path!
lol
I'm not the one trying to deny that Trump supporters stormed Congress, killed a cop, planted bombs, and disrupted the certification of the EC vote. That is you.
lol

lol
I'm not the one trying to deny that Trump supporters stormed Congress, killed a cop, planted bombs, and disrupted the certification of the EC vote. That is you.
lol
No, your fantasising to justify your dogma!

But just think, how many people have died..... if only they listened to Trump!

Impeachment - Tool For Protecting The Integrity Of Our Democracy

This is exactly so.

1) Andrew Johnson: Tried to reverse the gains of the Civil War and waited for Congress to go out-of-session to usurp. (Grant ratted him out)

2) Richard Nixon: After his people broke into DNC HQ in D.C., obstructed justice by using federal officials to deflect, abused his power, and displayed clear contempt of Congress. (He quit)

3) Bill Clinton: Refused to admit his blowjob to the world, thus lied to Congress.

4) Donald Trump: Displayed clear contempt of Congress, caught trying to commit treason by asking a foreign government to interfere in an American election, then obstructed justice.

So...

* 3 of these are conservatives who betrayed America.
* 1 of these is a liberal who lied about adultery.

Clearly, 1 of these was an abuse of the impeachment process as a political tool and had nothing to do with protecting the integrity of American democracy.

I have witnessed first hand for 8 straight weeks inciting insurrection with his countless bullshit claims on election fraud. Put me on the jury and that ****er will be found guilty inside of 5 minutes. Half the story my ass. Your boy is going to prison foe a very, very long time. Then you can take your collection of MAGA hats and shove them up your ass.

They are not protecting our democracy, they are trying to hide their lies, grab power, separate us from as much of our rights as they can and implement their far left agenda. They fear Trump because he has the votes to come back and take back the country from the communist in the democrat party.
Read it and deny this is what the democrat party has been doing for decades.

Fascinating and rather unique take on this.... It seems like you fear the boogeyman.

Communism is generally considered a failed ideology. I don't think you will find any serious proponents of such in the states. It seems like there are far more clear and present dangers to occupy your head and keep you up at night.

Back
Top Bottom