• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you hate Trump, when did you start hating him?

When I lived in NYC, the first season of The Apprentice was on. Everyone used to watch it for the “you’re fired” bit. Trump was well known if not exactly popular, seen as a bit of a joke. The tabloid rags like the NY Post used to print all the stupid things Trump said and did. When he started the Birther nonsense was when I started to dislike him. Also he used to suck up to the Clintons all the time but then started to appeal to moronic republicans. Didn’t think he stood a chance in the Republican primaries but look where we are now. Didn’t know much about his racist past but certainly heard the racist things he said on the campaign trail.

I didn’t know, nor cared much for Donald Trump, until the show The Apprentice. My wife liked watching the Apprentice because she thought it made us more sophisticated business people (we own our own business). I like to read business books and journals. But I never thought that show was making me a better business person. In fact, the mindset of zero-sum, winner-take-all, predatory Darwinism which permeated the show was not my philosophy of how a business best grows and thrives. I preferred the approach advocated by Stephen Covey in his book “the 7 habits of highly effective people” of “think win-win”.

Then there was the ridiculous nepotism of having his young daughter sitting there lecturing and passing judgment on people who were clearly more knowledgeable and experienced than she was. It seemed ridiculous and was just very awkward to watch.

And the kicker was just watching with how much glee and enthusiasm he liked to say “you’re fired”! No decent boss likes to say that. Only narcissists like to do it and make it a central part of their show like that. The whole thing just turned my stomach and I would just try to make up excuses to avoid having to watch it with my wife. She still liked it though, and kept watching it.

Now that she has gotten to know what it’s really like to be under a boss like that as president of the nation, let me tell you she is not at all impressed with that kind of leadership style. She now says she can’t believe she liked watching his show and thought that she was actually learning something. If anything, it was a lesson in how NOT to be a good leader.

I am not the kind to say “I told you so!”, but hey I think it’s OK to think that.

Last edited:
I don't hate trump, takes too much of my energy but I will go as far as to say I despise the buffoon...and his supporters.

The moment he announced as a presidential candidate for the GOP is the moment idiot leftists suddenly found their new hatred of Trump. The simple fact is that if Trump was not the front runner and hadnt won the election and if say, Cruz or Rubio had, the leftist response would have been as mindless and deranged as their hatred of Trump. It wasnt so much that Trump won...it is that Hillary lost the rat party ring of power and the Gollum HATES him.

Imaginative if nothing else. Kudos.

Before he even ran for office? Was it when he went down the escalator? When he was nominated? When he won the election? In the last year? And if you like, tell me source of information you used that made you begin hating him. (optional).

You should have made this a poll in the poll section. Interesting question.

Over 30 years ago. I don't hate him, I just think he is an arrogant douchebag. Even today as the guy who is supposed to be the leader of our country, all he can do is talk about himself.

But that has nothing to do with how the country is running and you can't blame the pandemic/economy on him. Before the virus hit, the arrogant douchebag who likes to talk about himself was doing a pretty good job.

I don't hate the man.

The moment I really started looking upon him with disdain was when he insulted John McCain's military service despite Trump not serving.

I don't mind that Trump didn't serve, in fact I don't even blame him for draft dodging. Vietnam was a morally questionable war in which we were backing up a side that was as bad as the people we were fighting. I don't blame Donald one bit for not wanting to go there.

But to do that and then insult a man who risked life and limb for this country? Disgusting.

McCain and GWB had bad feelings from their 2000 campaign that lasted a while. They eventually got over it. Things are said in the heat of battle, such as Harris and Biden. It's politics.

Some of us watched him in the 1980's and saw him for the buffoon and failed fake-business-tycoon he was. His racism extends back to the 1970's when he and his daddy were hauled in on charges of discriminatory housing (apparently Trump just can't stand brown people). We watched him make his "conservative bones" on the racist "Birtherism" gambit. He's clearly a serial sex predator per his own admission.

He made fun of the disabled. He mocked an American POW for getting caught and tortured. He attacked the family of a fallen US Soldier.

During his tenure in the White House America has systematically done literally everything Putin wanted in regards to destabilizing western Europe. He's pulled us out of leadership positions in almost every way possible (from Paris Climate to the TPP). He's bumbled his way through speeches that sound more like a demented toddler with tertiary syphilis than the "Leader of the Free World". America is among the leaders the world in daily new deaths from COVID.

Honestly what's not to like about the guy?

Just about every big renter there ever was have all been charged with discrimination. It's part of the business.

After reading through this thread, I’m really, seriously concerned that some of you have mental health issues.

What will you do if Trump is re-elected? Act out some crazy fantasies? It’s scary to think of.

Then convince me - what is there to like about Donald Trump? Give me some redeeming qualities about the man, shouldn't be too hard if you are so concerned.

After reading through this thread, I’m really, seriously concerned that some of you have mental health issues.

What will you do if Trump is re-elected? Act out some crazy fantasies? It’s scary to think of.

Oh really? Name the names of these people who concern you.

Before he even ran for office? Was it when he went down the escalator? When he was nominated? When he won the election? In the last year? And if you like, tell me source of information you used that made you begin hating him. (optional).

I reject the use of the word "hate". It is chosen by your propagandists because of its emotional weight.

But I have despised trump as long as I've known of him.

He is the epitome of the spoiled bully rich kids that make kids' lives suck all over the country. Never held accountable for anything becusse of their parent's money.

Liar, cheater, idiotic wastrel scion.

Waste of human flesh. Breather of oxygen better used by worthwhile people.

And a glorious example of what thirty years of cynical intensive conditioning leads to.

When he promoted the birthed conspiracy.

Then convince me - what is there to like about Donald Trump? Give me some redeeming qualities about the man, shouldn't be too hard if you are so concerned.

They cannot do it. They love that he is a depraved individual through whom they can let their ids run wild.

For me, I was absolutely shocked when he made fun of and insulted John McCain’s POW past. I was just left reeling that he could be so low, cheap, and insulting to someone who had given so much for his country. All by someone who got out of serving because of his “bone spurs”. And it shocked me even more that he got a bump in the polls after that. I really can see where the word “deplorables” comes from for his supporters. Very apt and accurate description. I mean really, people?

In a normal and decent world, those comments about McCain would have lost him the nomination. As would the serial adultery. As would the ***** grabbing. As would the donations to and support of Democrats for his entire life. As would the lack of any kind of Christian behavior - no church, refusing to as God for forgiveness, and so on. As would the previous vocal support for partial birth abortions and gun control. As would the lack of any governing experience, political experience, and real business success.

But Trump knew how to appeal to the paranoids and the bigots and the racists on the right. He pressed on with how evil Mexicans are, how every Muslim wants to kill us, how the blacks are all criminals and how the country's first black President couldn't possibly be an American. That's all he needed to do in order to win over the support of the right.

Today Dwight D. Eisenhower rolls in his grave for the hundredth time since Trump was elected.

I remember Trump from the 1980s when I lived in NJ. He was known as a perverted foul mouthed liberal real estate developer. I didn't care for him then. I care even less for him now.

One of the ways I've come to hate Trump is the way he begs foreign leaders like President Xi of China to help Trump keep his job.

The moment he announced as a presidential candidate for the GOP is the moment idiot leftists suddenly found their new hatred of Trump. The simple fact is that if Trump was not the front runner and hadnt won the election and if say, Cruz or Rubio had, the leftist response would have been as mindless and deranged as their hatred of Trump. It wasnt so much that Trump won...it is that Hillary lost the rat party ring of power and the Gollum HATES him.

Sorry man.

I don't even believe you believe that

But I'm sure you need to tell yourself that.

At some point people reach what is referred to in the industry as the "gag point".
The point where people become aware that they are being manipulated and turn on the manipulators.

That appears to he happening among all but that third who wallow in the neurochemical highs their media feeds them.

I’m clearly no Trump lover, but I think this question is easy enough to answer: he has been able to tap into many of the anxieties and fears of a large portion of the population of this country- from fear of losing their jobs to globalism, to feeling under siege demographically, to fear of loss of cultural hegemony, by whatever standard they identify as their culture, whether based on race or religion or nationalism.

The problem with Donald Trump, however, is that those things are not really personally if much interest in and of themselves. He just has been able to tap into and exploit them, in a politically very savvy way, as to still keep it politically and socially acceptable, to advance his own personal interests for power. If there is going to be a new president, he is going to have to understand that these are real and legitimate concerns of a large portion of our population, and figure out how to truly addressed them these anxieties. This part of the population has to be reassured that their concerns are not being forgotten, ignored, or trivialized. Otherwise, they will continue to be used by all sorts of wily politicians, lobbyists, and outside interests, whether domestic or foreign, to advance their interests on their backs.

Trump's mental health issues should concern you.

Hate is a strong word, but I disliked him before he ever ran for office, and have learned to despise him more every day he is in office. Knew he was unfit and he has proven it countless times. What I find is that rarely will you find a trump supporter that has ever figured out they are being played, he knew what was doing when he changed Parties, he found a gullible audience and uses it to his advantage every day.

Con men frequently hit the same mark two or three times.

This is an exploit of the human resistance to admitting they have been fooled.

Admitting that they fell for some con causes an existential crisis. Because if they admit they were fooled it means they can be fooled and may be fooled again, and how can they ever avoid being fooled again?

So they refuse to admit to themselves they have been fooled. Grasp at any straw that allows them to believe they weren't fooled. That it was the deep state or the lying media, etc..

Frankly, I think this phenomenon is the only reason the republican party exists at this point in time.

The servile Left was called to hate Trump, like their lives depend on it.
But oh, how they loved the wealthy, powerful millionaire as they all scratched and clawed their way up the political ladder.

So wait. Dem politicians are servile?

Because I don't think any del voters ever got anything from any "wealthy, powerful millionaire". So I'm not sure why they would love him.

But I do enjoy that you just admitted that trump isn't a billionaire!

Better delete that post or you'll lose your sycophant card!

Trump's mental health issues should concern you.

Why? Got anything real (not your opinion) to support your concern?

If I were you, I’d be concerned about Joe, unless you only want an unqualified black to be President again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I heard of him. Because it's not 'him', it's what's wrong with him. E.g., I am against lying, much less pathological lying. I'm against sociopaths being able to harm others. And so on.
Odd that Trump does not display the usual traits of a sociopath. Barack Obama does. Bill Clinton does. Not Trump.

I don't hate the man. Hate is irrational. I think this is when I lost all respect for him and began to realize that he was a fraud and a conman, among other things:
You only act like you hate him.

I've always known Trump was a horrible person, who was too incompetent to run something as big as America. If Bernie would've won the democratic nomination, I might've voted for Trump as Bernie is way too left. But maybe not, especially seeing how Trump has mishandled the COVID19 virus.
One of the ways I've come to hate Trump is the way he begs foreign leaders like President Xi of China to help Trump keep his job.
So you do hate him.

He can't be incompetent. He's done too good a job.

Ditto. Trump is unworthy of the energy it takes to hate.
Is that why you spend so much energy trying to convince others to think and act like you do?

Anyone who’s known of and about Trump prior to the election, or even before his reality tv show, was already aware of his many deficiencies, delusions, and love of hating others for not being like him or not kissing his fat ass.
You really don't hate him. Right.:doh

Always thought he was a lying douchebag from the beginning. When he took up the racist birther torch he cemented my opinion of him.
Now that he is using his presidency to damage the environment and rape public lands, I hate him......
Honesty, sort of, but more generic than most. For what it's worth, the EPA is doing a better job answering complaints and responding to requests and inquiries, ie its job.

So wait. Dem politicians are servile? Because I don't think any del voters ever got anything from any "wealthy, powerful millionaire". So I'm not sure why they would love him. But I do enjoy that you just admitted that trump isn't a billionaire! Better delete that post or you'll lose your sycophant card!
The cult that hates Trump is servile. A lot of Democrats liked him when he bootstrapped his business after bankruptcy. I give you that he is not as rich as the Clintons.

There is good reason why Trump haters are called a cult.

:lamo

Oh look...an ‘original’ comment....

It’s funny how often people like you **** yourself in your desperate attempt to try to make comments about others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep barking if it makes you feel better. And the more you use the ***************'s the bigger the dog people think you are.

Odd that Trump does not display the usual traits of a sociopath. Barack Obama does. Bill Clinton does. Not Trump.

You only act like you hate him.

So you do hate him.

He can't be incompetent. He's done too good a job.

Is that why you spend so much energy trying to convince others to think and act like you do?

Honesty, sort of, but more generic than most. For what it's worth, the EPA is doing a better job answering complaints and responding to requests and inquiries, ie its job.

The cult that hates Trump is servile. A lot of Democrats liked him when he bootstrapped his business after bankruptcy. I give you that he is not as rich as the Clintons.

There is good reason why Trump haters are called a cult.

I do not hate him. I hate the fact that he managed to con his way into power he does not know how to use. Were he still a reality TV personality, I'd be totally indifferent to him, just as I am to any and all kooks who have a spot on TV from which to display their kookiness. That's how I feel about Kanye West. As long as no one takes his bid for the presidency seriously, I really don't care how nutty he might be.

:lamo Sensitive Trumpsters are the most amusing.
2ACDADEF-22C3-4B52-A213-4E9D5A0ABAE8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom