• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IF vaccinations work........

Actually , not back to square one since the mRNA vaccine can be easily tweaked to be effective for a variant.

In fact so far the current mRNA vaccines we currently have work very effectively against the variants we currently have which is why the CDC said vaccinated people no longer have to mask up.

mRNA vaccines can adapt to variants faster than others: Dr Drew Weissman

However , if a variant of Covid 19 were antibody resistant every one us including you and the most healthy individuals would have no natural immunity or earned or vaccinated immunity to fight the virus off.

That means all bets are off and lockdowns and solitude would be the only way for mankind to survive.

To survive you would need to live in a rural area or a cave and you would need to rely on yourself to grow the food you need or you can hunt and prepare the food you need to survive.
Some people have the survival instinct, some people have the stupid instinct and die off. What can you do...

What I do is use headphones when I am outside doing physical labor on my acreage and listen to current events and heard this. I am on a break now from my self-imposed physical exercise to keep in shape. Part of the problem in the world today is this stay at home video game/cell phone/TV world we live in makes more of the populace out of shape and not get any sun (vitamin D) or fresh air and that has lots to do with why people get sick. In any event, I heard it and forget what channel.
Ok, fair enough. I do agree that generally speaking, people in this country could stand to be in better shape. Comorbidity has played a factor in who is impacted by this disease, but if past efforts to get people to make better health choices goes, you will likely hear much of the same backlash as we've heard regarding vaccines and prevention measures. Also, the problem has been going on well before the technology you referenced; the rise in sedentary work has played a large part in how active people are. The sad news is this type of sedentary and unhealthy diet practice is spreading to regions where it didn't use to exist.

This is false.

Further, the more people that are vaccinated that get Covid the greater the chances are that Covid develops a strain to evade the vaccine.

In other words we will never be rid of Covid.

Maybe you should move to India for a month. I am certain that would provide your with a change of attitude about the virus.
Chances, might, possibly, likely,could.

Hint. We don’t care anymore. The CDC has spoken.

So you don't believe Trump had COVID19, or is he also pushing $20 shots?
Of what relevance is this?
Asymptomatic means you have no symptoms so you are not even aware you have it unless you had a nasal swab test and tested positive for Covid there would be no way to tell.

In the past people who spread a coronavirus were always sympathetic.

That’s why travel bans and temperature checks were used and were able to help contain the SARS virus.

Scientists and doctors ( and yes , they also most likely mistakenly misled President Trump ) did not understand the Covid 19 virus was also spread by people who never showed symptoms of being sick.

Last year ( our Attorney General ,) said that we didn’t realize in March how easily the virus could spread from asymptomatic people.
How dothey know this? Where is the testing? How do they know someone didn't get it from Mary or Jack?

Forced vaccinations now? Hitler's brown shirts turning the criminal anti-vaxxers over to the gas chamber operators?
Calm down.
No need to invoke the name of your hero.

It means you GET it, beat it, and walk away proud. Like my daughter-in-law and son. She ALSO is a nurse caring for the elderly and refuses a vaccine. She knows more about Covid and vaccines than all of you combined. she took hydrochloroquine after day 9 and recovered almost immediately. She had to almost force her doctor to prescribe it. He was an idiot like many MDs are.

For most yes. The problem comes in functioning in business though. If you think the shutdowns were bad for the economy, imagine a situation where 80 percent of your workforce is sick.

And if enough people require hospitalization (as Trump did), it becomes more than the system can handle.

Most of you on the right missed the whole point of the restrictions. (To be fair, many on the left too) It wasn't to STOP transmission, it was to manage the spread. "Flatten the curve" so that the new cases did not suddenly explode into too many for the health system to handle.

Now, there's a vaccine. Which is great
It diesn't mean that some new variant doesn't subvert it (which even under your plan of get everyone sick would be a danger). Nothing in life is 100 percent. Life is dangerous and no politician of any party is going to stop that.

Calm down.

For most yes. The problem comes in functioning in business though. If you think the shutdowns were bad for the economy, imagine a situation where 80 percent of your workforce is sick.

And if enough people require hospitalization (as Trump did), it becomes more than the system can handle.

Most of you on the right missed the whole point of the restrictions. (To be fair, many on the left too) It wasn't to STOP transmission, it was to manage the spread. "Flatten the curve" so that the new cases did not suddenly explode into too many for the health system to handle.

Now, there's a vaccine. Which is great
It diesn't mean that some new variant doesn't subvert it (which even under your plan of get everyone sick would be a danger). Nothing in life is 100 percent. Life is dangerous and no politician of any party is going to stop that.
When was 80% of the workforce sick at the same time? You folks are really hyperbolic drama queens.

Read my post....those who DIE from Covid....not those who get it. Those who do get it are the lucky ones actually. They are immune. Tell me I'm wrong, nurse year2late. Did you also hear that those who got Covid are better off than those who got the vaccine?

We din't know if your last statement is true. Back it up with some science. Not "studies show it's possible" because that wasn't your claim. Iron clad proof or your statement is dismissed.

When was 80% of the workforce sick at the same time? You folks are really hyperbolic drama queens.
When that ****ing moron Trump was POTUS.

Calm down.
Joseph Goebbels is on the wall of CNN as their idol.
When that ****ing moron Trump was POTUS.
WHERE do you get such garbage from? 80% of the workforce was sick when Trump was president? Seriously??

Joseph Goebbels is on the wall of CNN as their idol.

WHERE do you get such garbage from? 80% of the workforce was sick when Trump was president? Seriously??
People were sick of that worthless **** Trump for 4 years.

People were sick of that worthless **** Trump for 4 years.
CNN was. That's fer sure. So were MSNBS, the NY Times, WaPo, and the DNC. Do you listen to anyone other than them?

Thought not.

80%? Where did you get that from? Out of your posterior?

Hint. We don’t care anymore. The CDC has spoken.

They did not say that people not vaccinated can take off the mask.

As a consequence, deplorables will now not be readily identifiable when they are not in compliance.

CNN was. That's fer sure. So were MSNBS, the NY Times, WaPo...

Indeed, we agree, all credible media patriotically felt relief at Trump being rejected in November.
All democracy loving real American's did.

As a consequence, deplorables will now not be readily identifiable when they are not in compliance.
Who said they did? Are you unvaccinated and jealous you still have to wear a mask as per Joe Biden?

Who said they did? Are you unvaccinated and jealous you still have to wear a mask as per Joe Biden?

There actually is no national mask mandate except as pertains to interstate travel. Any such restrictions are from the Governor of your state. Not President Biden.

There actually is no national mask mandate except as pertains to interstate travel. Any such restrictions are from the Governor of your state. Not President Biden.
Joe said get vaxed or wear a mask until you do

Indeed, we agree, all credible media patriotically felt relief at Trump being rejected in November.
All democracy loving real American's did.
Yeah. Here is "credible" CNN fer ya.

Charlie Chester
CNN Technical Director

Look what we did! We got Trump out!
We portrayed Biden as a young geriatric.
If it wasn't for CNN, I don't know if Trump would have gotten voted out.
Our focus was to get Trump out of office without saying that's what it was.
Our next thing is going to be climate change awareness.
Yes, FEAR SELLS!
No one ever says these things out loud but it's obvious!
We were creating a story here. I think that's propaganda.

As for the others, they have been caught in more lies than drunk drivers tell cops when they are pulled over.

Joe can say whatever. It's not a law.

Trump said it was a hoax, so....
I'm just repeating what Joe said. And Joe expects everyone to comply

No, but it's essentially an honor system. A fair number of large retailers are taking this approach as well, and my assumption is they're not so much going off of whether people will do the right thing, but the efficacy of vaccines for those who have them. Time will tell how effective this approach is, and with that seed of doubt as to who in your shared space is vaccinated or not, it might motivate the procrastinators to get vaccinated. We shall see.

It never wasbecause of masks and lockdowns. Do try to keep up with reality.
I agree.

Meatpacking Plants did become Covid-19 Hot spots however.

The cold temperatures, crowded conditions and long hours put meat processing workers at higher risk for contracting Covid.

Back
Top Bottom