• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If the 2nd Amendment goes away....

Do guns become illegal to own if the 2nd is abolished?

• Total voters
Ask the people who are allowed to own guns in other countries without their own version of a 2nd Amendment.

Funny how the UK has such strict gun laws, London has a higher murder rate than NYC. Take guns away and murderers just find a different murder weapon. The left is too obsessed with guns to realize that guns don't kill people. People kill people. Again, refer to London.

An unjust law is not a law. I will always have a gun.

You mean like "responsible" gun owners in other countries?!

Screw that. I prefer that my Second Amendment Right hinge on the lowest denominator, who has been diagnosed as a schizophrenic and has the Right to abuse and destroy my Right. Cuz...dur...America and freedom and Theodore Nugent and Jesus.

It's with a bit of shame that my twenty years and six months of Active Duty Service as a Marine gets to be claimed by an uneducated and undeserved piece of our society.

WTF are you complaining about? are you saying your views are more important than other citizens when it comes to constitutional rights? or are you saying you should have more constitutional rights than those who weren't in the military?

Funny how the UK has such strict gun laws, London has a higher murder rate than NYC. Take guns away and murderers just find a different murder weapon. The left is too obsessed with guns to realize that guns don't kill people. People kill people. Again, refer to London.

gun controllers-at least the avid ones, as opposed to the lukewarm supporters among the sheeple, don't care about controlling crime-its about a political weapon attacking people who don't support their big government/anti conservative agendas

of course not. first the federal government would actually have to have a law passed making them illegal

secondly, the states would do the same thing. The federal government's use of the commerce clause is becoming less and less respected.

That's not new news. The Commerce Clause has been abused and has become the catch all for everything for decades.

The Second Amendment will not be repealed. Those who dream of such a thing will be dreaming for a long time.

WTF are you complaining about? are you saying your views are more important than other citizens when it comes to constitutional rights? or are you saying you should have more constitutional rights than those who weren't in the military?

I'm saying that my views are more important than most peoples about everything. Get with the program already. The arrogant bus is pulling out. Get on board and sit in the back.

That's not new news. The Commerce Clause has been abused and has become the catch all for everything for decades.

The Second Amendment will not be repealed. Those who dream of such a thing will be dreaming for a long time.

most anti gun politicians don't care about repealing it=they merely figure their judges will pretend the second amendment doesnt prevent anything

I'm saying that my views are more important than most peoples about everything. Get with the program already. The arrogant bus is pulling out. Get on board and sit in the back.

LOL which is why us civilians with law degrees are going to be more important than former grunts when it comes to civilian society and its rules

LOL which is why us civilians with law degrees are going to be more important than former grunts when it comes to civilian society and its rules

There is nothing really important about lawyers. Lawyers belong to a self-licking ice cream cone system. In other words, they exist because there are other lawyers who help them maintain a game.

If the 2nd amendment was repealed tomorrow, would guns become illegal to own?

it would be possible but it would not have to happen

and restrictions on what kind of guns or how many a person has or even restrictions on who can have guns seems compatible with the 2nd amendment since that amendment exists for the sake of having a well regulated militia

There is nothing really important about lawyers. Lawyers belong to a self-licking ice cream cone system. In other words, they exist because there are other lawyers who help them maintain a game.

sort of like the military -if other countries didn't have armies, we wouldn't need one either

No, there are quite a few who are calling for it. Most significantly:

In additional to the rabid left, who somehow feel justified in their ripping rights away from others. Rather Fascist of them, from my view.

No:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...national-survey-finds/?utm_term=.554d06571f20

One more time, this is NOT a left vs. right issue. And once again, you probably should stop trying to make it one, because if it actually DOES become a left vs. right issue, it really will become a gong show...and other than choice of president, it would appear that the left is getting their way more often than not, based on the wailing of the right.

The Second is NOT going away. That is just more radical right wing scare talk to whip up the gun nuts.

of course not. first the federal government would actually have to have a law passed making them illegal

secondly, the states would do the same thing. The federal government's use of the commerce clause is becoming less and less respected.

So all your whining about anti-activists means nothing??? Good to know!

So all your whining about anti-activists means nothing??? Good to know!

how can anyone with a brain possibly get that nonsense from what I have said?

No:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...national-survey-finds/?utm_term=.554d06571f20

One more time, this is NOT a left vs. right issue. And once again, you probably should stop trying to make it one, because if it actually DOES become a left vs. right issue, it really will become a gong show...and other than choice of president, it would appear that the left is getting their way more often than not, based on the wailing of the right.

Other than all those calling for gun bans sure do seem to be from the left, so it's not a left issue? Yeah, right.

The left of recent years has already established a track record of wanting to limit, infringe and single anyone that holds a differing opinion than theirs.

The gun conversation usually goes something like this:

• Left: We need to ban assault rifles. But we aren't coming for you guns.
  • Right: The term 'assault rifle' isn't a well defined term. What do you mean by the term 'assault rifle'?
  • Left: Any gun that automatically loads the next round after firing.
  • Right: You do realize that this is just about every firearm currently for sale and presently in circulation, right?
  • Left: Right, but we aren't coming for your guns.
  • Right: You realize that revolvers also automatically load the next round after firing?
  • Left: Well, then those should be banned too.
  • Right: You do realize that by the terms you've defined, just about every gun in circulation falls in those categories you've outlined.
  • Left: Well some of those in circulation will have to be taken away.
  • Right: But only those that you've defined, right?
  • Left: Right.
  • Right: Which is just about all of them. You are coming for my guns.
  • Left: We need to have universal background checks.
  • Right: We already do, it's the law.
  • Left: No! No! There's the gun show loop hole.
  • Right: There is no gun show loop hole. Any Federal Firearms Licensed gun dealer is required to have a completed background check before the sale of a firearm requiring such a background check.
  • Left: You just want children killed. Their blood is on your hands and the NRA's hands!
  • Right: I Said nothing of the sort, and there hasn't been an NRA member who's committed a mass shooting.
  • Left: You are a racist, a bigot, a homophobe, and just an ignorant back-woods, right wing, alt-right moron!

We've seen this 'conversation' or 'discussion' time and time again, and it isn't getting any more interesting, uncovering any additional solutions, and is an unproductive waste of time.

So how can you have a serious conversation about this topic, when the left descends into name calling when confronted with logical discussion and argument?

So how can you have a serious conversation about this topic, when the left won't even admit what their true goals are?

No thanks. I'll keep my guns, and I'll keep my rights, and they 'shall not be infringed upon', per the letter of the law.

Other than all those calling for gun bans sure do seem to be from the left, so it's not a left issue? Yeah, right.

The left of recent years has already established a track record of wanting to limit, infringe and single anyone that holds a differing opinion than theirs.

The gun conversation usually goes something like this:

• Left: We need to ban assault rifles. But we aren't coming for you guns.
  • Right: The term 'assault rifle' isn't a well defined term. What do you mean by the term 'assault rifle'?
  • Left: Any gun that automatically loads the next round after firing.
  • Right: You do realize that this is just about every firearm currently for sale and presently in circulation, right?
  • Left: Right, but we aren't coming for your guns.
  • Right: You realize that revolvers also automatically load the next round after firing?
  • Left: Well, then those should be banned too.
  • Right: You do realize that by the terms you've defined, just about every gun in circulation falls in those categories you've outlined.
  • Left: Well some of those in circulation will have to be taken away.
  • Right: But only those that you've defined, right?
  • Left: Right.
  • Right: Which is just about all of them. You are coming for my guns.
  • Left: We need to have universal background checks.
  • Right: We already do, it's the law.
  • Left: No! No! There's the gun show loop hole.
  • Right: There is no gun show loop hole. Any Federal Firearms Licensed gun dealer is required to have a completed background check before the sale of a firearm requiring such a background check.
  • Left: You just want children killed. Their blood is on your hands and the NRA's hands!
  • Right: I Said nothing of the sort, and there hasn't been an NRA member who's committed a mass shooting.
  • Left: You are a racist, a bigot, a homophobe, and just an ignorant back-woods, right wing, alt-right moron!

We've seen this 'conversation' or 'discussion' time and time again, and it isn't getting any more interesting, uncovering any additional solutions, and is an unproductive waste of time.

So how can you have a serious conversation about this topic, when the left descends into name calling when confronted with logical discussion and argument?

So how can you have a serious conversation about this topic, when the left won't even admit what their true goals are?

No thanks. I'll keep my guns, and I'll keep my rights, and they 'shall not be infringed upon', per the letter of the law.

So, ignore reality, ignore the statistics, and their implications, stick to the talking points and try to win an argument by creating some weird, nonsensical script based on your paranoid generalizations. lol... I mean, I guess that's a tactic? Sorry, I gave you statistics, and you gave me a tl/dr slice of your opinion. Guess that's that.

So, ignore reality, ignore the statistics, and their implications, stick to the talking points and try to win an argument by creating some weird, nonsensical script based on your paranoid generalizations. lol... I mean, I guess that's a tactic? Sorry, I gave you statistics, and you gave me a tl/dr slice of your opinion. Guess that's that.

Ignoring reality and statistics?

Tell me. How effective has gun control laws been in Chicago and in DC?

How effective has the Australian gun buy back program been?

Answer: They've not been, because criminals willing to go to the black market for guns really don't obey gun control laws.

Gun control laws on punish the law abiding who aren't the source of the problem, so gun control laws are the typical ineffective ill-conceived, feel good laws and public policy that do nothing but make the problem worse.

If, on the outside chance, that there are some specific legislative proposals that would actually do some good, then we should possibly entertain the idea of honestly discussing them. So far, the left hasn't demonstrated either.

Until there are, and can be discussed honestly and factually, the left is pissing in the wind on themselves, and just too dumb to realize it.

Ignoring reality and statistics?

Tell me. How effective has gun control laws been in Chicago and in DC?

How effective has the Australian gun buy back program been?

Answer: They've not been, because criminals willing to go to the black market for guns really don't obey gun control laws.

Gun control laws on punish the law abiding who aren't the source of the problem, so gun control laws are the typical ineffective ill-conceived, feel good laws and public policy that do nothing but make the problem worse.

If, on the outside chance, that there are some specific legislative proposals that would actually do some good, then we should possibly entertain the idea of honestly discussing them. So far, the left hasn't demonstrated either.

Until there are, and can be discussed honestly and factually, the left is pissing in the wind on themselves, and just too dumb to realize it.

Gun control works fantastically well. But it needs to be federal

And your substantiation of this claim?

Look at any developed country with federal gun control. Surprise.....they have much less gun deaths. But it must be a great big coincidence. LOL

Look at any developed country with federal gun control. Surprise.....they have much less gun deaths. But it must be a great big coincidence. LOL

LOL. No substantiation, just more claims.

London murder rate higher than New York City for first time ever in ...
https://www.cbsnews.com/.../london-murder-rate-higher-new-york-city-first-time-surg...
Apr 3, 2018 - LONDON -- A surge of stabbings in London was blamed Monday for the city overtaking New York's monthly murder tally for the first time in modern history. Fifteen people were murdered inLondon during February, compared to 14 in New York, according to police figures. The British capitalalso suffered 22 ...

London murder rate overtakes New York's - BBC News
London murder rate overtakes New York's - BBC News
Apr 2, 2018 - A spike in violent crime in London saw more murders committed in the city in February and March than there were in New York, figures show. ... City Hall says it is "deeply concerned" by knife crime in the capital, but, along with the Met Police, insists London "remains one of the safest [cities] in the world".

The reality is that guns aren't the problem, they are just a tool. Take away guns, other means of murder increase.

Do deal with the root cause of the problem, you have to deal with the human wielding the tool.

How about eliminating the liberal / progressive indoctrination in the education system, and teaching respect, self discipline and manners rather than self-indulgences and participation trophies?

Improve the people, not eliminate the access to the tools.

Ban on home deliveries of knives in government ... - The Independent
https://www.independent.co.uk › News › UK › UK Politics
Apr 7, 2018 - Anyone buying a knife online will be banned from having it sent to a residential address, under a government crackdown following a surge in street ... Ms Rudd also insisted the government is fully behind the police wish to use stop and search powers, after one of Britain's most senior police chiefs said the ...

A repetition of the same err in judgment that got them to the place they are at now.

What next when even knives are deemed to dangerous for the electorate? What tool to ban next?

LOL. No substantiation, just more claims.

The reality is that guns aren't the problem, they are just a tool. Take away guns, other means of murder increase.

Do deal with the root cause of the problem, you have to deal with the human wielding the tool.

How about eliminating the liberal / progressive indoctrination in the education system, and teaching respect, self discipline and manners rather than self-indulgences and participation trophies?

Improve the people, not eliminate the access to the tools.

A repetition of the same err in judgment that got them to the place they are at now.

What next when even knives are deemed to dangerous for the electorate? What tool to ban next?

you are comparing two of the safest cities in the world BECAUSE OF GUN CONTROL. You are making my case

Back
Top Bottom