• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Republicans do get back into power, what are they going to do?

Bush didn't cause it? He and Cheney allowed the financial industry to be de-regulated. In the end, the recession was caused by Republicans helping Republicans make a profit at the expense of the American people.

Nice diversion and distortion. Amazing how that "dumb cowboy" from TX was able to dupe all those intelligent Democrats into destroying the U.S. economy. You really don't know civics do you nor the Constitution. Makes you a typical liberal. You definitely need the govt. to bail you out from all the poor choices you have made. Not sure there is enough money to do that.

Noticed that you dodged the facts I posted which isn't surprising for that is what liberals always do. Your passion for larger govt. and less spendable income for taxpayers is quite telling.

I think you misread my statement. I said Bush didn't cause the recession in March of 2001. I don't think he helped, but when Clinton left office, it seemed pretty clear that the economy would take a little downturn. Nothing like we have now. And, if you'll notice, I went on to say Bush SHOULD shoulder a lot of blame for the current recession/depression.

When Clinton took office the economy was on an upswing, GDP growth in the fourth qtr of 1992 was over 4%. Clinton tax increases almost destroyed it but did give us a GOP Congress that reversed many of those tax increases and passed most of the Contract with America. I remember it well, you were probably too young but at the time it was called the Contract ON America by Democrats. Now liberals want to take credit for that economic plan.

Nice diversion and distortion. Amazing how that "dumb cowboy" from TX was able to dupe all those intelligent Democrats into destroying the U.S. economy. You really don't know civics do you nor the Constitution. Makes you a typical liberal. You definitely need the govt. to bail you out from all the poor choices you have made. Not sure there is enough money to do that.

Noticed that you dodged the facts I posted which isn't surprising for that is what liberals always do. Your passion for larger govt. and less spendable income for taxpayers is quite telling.

That is just republican rhetoric. The only thing conservatives want to do is make profits and rob from the poor. You hate liberals because liberals tend to make laws that force dishonest business assholes to behave or pay the price.

Bush and Cheney DID allow regulation of financial industry behavior to be removed. REPUBLICANS ARE 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% responsible for what happened. DO NOT try and duck the OBVIOUS guilt of your party.

That is just republican rhetoric. The only thing conservatives want to do is make profits and rob from the poor. You hate liberals because liberals tend to make laws that force dishonest business assholes to behave or pay the price.

Bush and Cheney DID allow regulation of financial industry behavior to be removed. REPUBLICANS ARE 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% responsible for what happened. DO NOT try and duck the OBVIOUS guilt of your party.

Doesn't school start soon and isn't this past your bedtime? The only person I really want to take from is you. There is absolutely no logic or fact in your posts so you just ramble on spouting liberal talking points. You cannot even post who you really are, a liberal. Total dishonesty is all I see from you.

Doesn't school start soon and isn't this past your bedtime? The only person I really want to take from is you. There is absolutely no logic or fact in your posts so you just ramble on spouting liberal talking points. You cannot even post who you really are, a liberal. Total dishonesty is all I see from you.

Typical republican rhetotic.

No, more silly diversionary rhetoric. ;)

How long are we going to hear it was Bush's fault? Do liberals ever take responsibility for anything? They had the Congress but apparently in your world the Congress doesn't do anything. Congress has been under the Democrat control since January 2007 and the House since 2006 yet apparently one of the three equal branches of Govt has no influence? You people are out of your minds.

Does anyone really believe the world is as black and white as you suggest. Reasonable people can disagree, but the above is just silly.

How long are we going to hear it was Bush's fault? Do liberals ever take responsibility for anything? They had the Congress but apparently in your world the Congress doesn't do anything. Congress has been under the Democrat control since January 2007 and the House since 2006 yet apparently one of the three equal branches of Govt has no influence? You people are out of your minds.

At least as long as we heard it was Clinton's fault. :lamo ;)

But you simply can't remove Bush from his actions. Just leaving office doesn't make him no longer respsonsible for what he did.

But you simply can't remove Bush from his actions. Just leaving office doesn't make him no longer respsonsible for what he did.

Why is it that nobody mentions Geithner. He was the President of the NY Fed. As such he was the lead regulator of the wall street firms him and his boss rail against.

Tell us exactly what Bush did that caused the financial meltdown that occurred in 2008?

He was President when it happened. That's more than enough for the opposing party to take advantage of.

ricksfolly

As the Republicans are doing with the economy, unemployment, and debt worse after two years of Obama

He was President when it happened. That's more than enough for the opposing party to take advantage of.

ricksfolly

And in 2008 who was the president of the NY fed and thus the chief regulator for wall street banks and investment firms?

I think their first order of business will be to deregulate as much as possible, and second order of business is to **** up the healthcare plan more than it already is.

Gingrich and Clinton?

Glass–Steagall Act. You wonder why we don't take you seriously.

When did the CRA pass?

Early 70s. Conservative for the uber-fail there.

How long were CRA loans profitable? Three plus decades.

And only a crazy thinks that something that represents less then 1/2 of 1% of the entire economy could produce this kind of recession.

And only a crazy thinks that something that represents less then 1/2 of 1% of the entire economy could produce this kind of recession.
That's funny, but there are many who believe this crap.

Crap? You mean like Bush caused the recession and financial meltdown all alone? You mean like the crap that in 20 months Obama has added 3 trillion to the debt and reduced employment 4 million? You mean crap like anyone that disagrees with him is extreme when that is now the majority?

You and others here have made a career out of bashing Bush and putting the blame on just about everything on Bush when the reality is Democrat Policies and their social engineering have created an entitlement state that includes home ownership and that is a prescription for failure.

What does Glass-Steagall have to do with the CRA and the fact that it passed under Carter. Do you mean this Glass-Steagall

The bill that ultimately repealed the Act was introduced in the Senate by Phil Gramm (Republican of Texas) and in the House of Representatives by Jim Leach (R-Iowa) in 1999. The bills were passed by a Republican majority, basically following party lines by a 54–44 vote in the Senate[10] and by a bi-partisan 343–86 vote in the House of Representatives.[11] After passing both the Senate and House the bill was moved to a conference committee to work out the differences between the Senate and House versions. The final bill resolving the differences was passed in the Senate 90–8 (one not voting) and in the House: 362–57 (15 not voting). The legislation was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on November 12, 1999

You have to be more specific as to why "people" don't take me more seriously? What people? I don't see where people who listen to you have a lot of credibility.

You claim that CRA loans have been profitable for "three plus decades" so please provide proof of that statement? How do you know that CRA loans have been profitable for both the banks and the people who took advantage of those loans? Where is the proof of that?

This is what I agree with. And unlike you I will place the blame where it belongs. Only a fool would interpret the graph like you did. The greatest spike in home building in history occured from '01 to '05. It almost doubled. Reason? Low interest rates and Bush's policies to put everyone in a home. It was no mistake. He wanted the economy to look good while he was president. He would have gotten away with it too had the boom lasted one more year. It is the greatest stretch of anyone's imagination to blame Clinton.

Bush helped create the bubble:
YouTube - Home Ownership and President Bush
You can lay that blame on Greenspan.

Back
Top Bottom