• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Everyone Had A gun, 4th Of July Parades Would Be safe

There's nothing illogical or false about my questions at all. But I accept that your double standards exist.
That you don't recognize the fallaciousness of the argument is the problem.

Truly responsible gun ownership is not the problem. It is easy access to guns of all types to people of all types. Buying and owning a gun does not make one responsible!

All gun owners are responsible until they are not.
Heck, just in the last 6 months 4 dead from responsible gun owners.

Property line dispute, a responsible gun owner killed 2. A cheating wife, a responsible gun ower killed 2.

See how that works when guns are always around?

A fist fight turns to a double murder.

You mean like in Tinker Bell?
Yup.

Take the "Good guy with a gun" fantasy. Defensive use of a firearm is a vanishingly small subset of a very small subset, amounting to a fraction of a percent. (Yes, I'm aware of the laughable fantasy publication by a perennial crank that claims "millions" of defensive uses annually. I read Tolkien, too, but that doesn't make orcs "real".) For every such "use" one can easily find 200 "exceptions".

It defies even casual logic, and is statistical nonsense. 1) More "defenders" are killed by their own firearms than ever stop, or even encounter, a criminal, 2) by the time anyone responds, the crime has already occurred, and 3) nearly every "bad guy" with a gun is the one that stops the shooter - by running away, or shooting themselves.

The real problem is the flood of firearms manufactured annually just looking for a home. That flood seeps into the underworld faster than police can mop them up. That's the reality. It's simply "supply and demand", and we have a monstrous oversupply. I'd like firearm ownership to be as rare as needed abortions, but no one is stopping either. In the US, there are more firearms produced annually than babies. That's a fact. What's wrong with this picture?

Last edited:
All gun owners are responsible until they are not.
See how that works when guns are always around?

A fist fight turns to a double murder.
And you're forgetting the most common one - the 24-25,000 suicides/year accomplished by "responsibly owned" firearms, the 12th leading cause of death in the US.

And you're forgetting the most common one - the 24-25,000 suicides/year accomplished by "responsibly owned" firearms, the 12th leading cause of death in the US.

In fact, the most common use of guns in America is to threaten. Just plain old "I want my way" threaten.

Neighbors, strangers, people they don't agree with and most times, their wives/girlfriend.

This is FACT.

Ahh, the old "blame the gun and not the criminal" argument. That is what is getting old.
think how many more innocent people would have been killed as a result of massive cross fire activity

It defies even casual logic, and is statistical nonsense. 1) More "defenders" are killed by their own firearms than ever stop, or even encounter, a criminal, 2) by the time anyone responds, the crime has already occurred, and 3) nearly every "bad guy" with a gun is the one that stops the shooter - by running away, or shooting themselves.
The ****ing myth gun lovers fantasize over, good guys stopping bad guys with guns.

The giant of there dreams is so much BS, its laughable.

Even Wyatt Earp a century and half ago had the sense to ban guns in Dodge City.

Keep in mind when gun violence took place in wild west it was 99% bush whacking same as today.

Ahh, the old "blame the gun and not the criminal" argument. That is what is getting old.
Except, of course, that is not exactly what the argument is. A gun is a tool. That tool is designed for killing. it allows mentally unstable or hateful people to kill lots more people than if they didn't have those guns. It is the combination of 'Guns' combined with radicalized nut cases that is so deadly. That's for the mass shootings like this. Then, of course, there is the other incidences, like accident, making fights deadlier when someone loses their temper, and all that sort of stuff.

Really? Can you show me where you've called for the abolition of car ownership due to drunk drivers? What about the removal of every man's penis because of rape? Do you blame the knife or the surgeon when someone dies on the operating table? Do you blame salt or the person that consumes so much that it kills them?
The problem with your comparison is that we are doing something about drunk driving. What the hell are we doing to make our society safe from gun deaths? A surgeon can be held liable, Salt is not designed to kill. Too much of anything will kill you. A gun alone will kill.

The problem with your comparison is that we are doing something about drunk driving. What the hell are we doing to make our society safe from gun deaths? A surgeon can be held liable, Salt is not designed to kill. Too much of anything will kill you. A gun alone will kill.
We are doing something about guns too. There are plenty of laws on the books, but laws don't stop criminals, never have.

As was the case in the Highland Park shooting, the Illinois State Police failed to follow through after weapons were removed after threats of killing the shooters family, preceeded by a suicide threat. State mental health forwarded their report to the State Police. Then, the father signed for the kid to get a gun even with everything that happened. There is plenty of blame to go around on this one, as there is with most. Bottom line, the system failed every victim from this horrendous crime.

As for "A gun alone will kill", you couldn't be more wrong. First of all, guns don't kill all on their own. My guns have never gone off all by themselves. In fact, I've never heard of a gun just going off by itself. Perhaps you have and you can provide a link to where this happened for the first time in human history?

We are doing something about guns too. There are plenty of laws on the books, but laws don't stop criminals, never have.

As was the case in the Highland Park shooting, the Illinois State Police failed to follow through after weapons were removed after threats of killing the shooters family, preceeded by a suicide threat. State mental health forwarded their report to the State Police. Then, the father signed for the kid to get a gun even with everything that happened. There is plenty of blame to go around on this one, as there is with most. Bottom line, the system failed every victim from this horrendous crime.

As for "A gun alone will kill", you couldn't be more wrong. First of all, guns don't kill all on their own. My guns have never gone off all by themselves. In fact, I've never heard of a gun just going off by itself. Perhaps you have and you can provide a link to where this happened for the first time in human history?
If the laws on the books are not working, you just don't throw up you hands and let things get worst, you either change the laws or enforce the laws you have. The main problem with inner-city gun problem is because of gun trafficking. The major problem with mass shootings is high powered rifles. Are we too stupid a country to fix that? Guns are designed to kill. Guns are killing machines. What else is a gun designed to do?

I have a serious question for you. Do you have a "Book of Fallacies" you're referencing? You seem to have a talent for it, I figured you must have studied the process.

If the laws on the books are not working, you just don't throw up you hands and let things get worst, you either change the laws or enforce the laws you have.
Welcome to the club (the part in bold).
The main problem with inner-city gun problem is because of gun trafficking. The major problem with mass shootings is high powered rifles. Are we too stupid a country to fix that? Guns are designed to kill. Guns are killing machines. What else is a gun designed to do?
Guns are designed to kill and as I've stated before, on more than one occasion, we would be better off without guns. But you will never be able to get rid of guns, not in our lifetime. The criminals will always be able to obtain them and I'm not for disarming the law abiding citizens of their right to protect themselves from the criminals. Are you?

I have a serious question for you. Do you have a "Book of Fallacies" you're referencing? You seem to have a talent for it, I figured you must have studied the process.
Feel free to point out anything you think is a fallacy in my statement. This should be hilarious.

I think someone has a "canard generation app" on his computer...

"Good guys with guns...

"Guns don't kill people...

"If guns are outlawed...

" we already have laws..."

Oh wait. He must be on the NRA website (or staff).

Feel free to point out anything you think is a fallacy in my statement. This should be hilarious.
Oh, your posts are hilarious enough. Just pointing out your fallacies would exceed the character limitations.

Oh, your posts are hilarious enough. Pointing out your Fallacies would exceed the character limitations.
So there's nothing in my statements that aren't true, I'm glad you can finally see that.

Guns are designed to kill and as I've stated before, on more than one occasion, we would be better off without guns. But you will never be able to get rid of guns, not in our lifetime. The criminals will always be able to obtain them and I'm not for disarming the law abiding citizens of their right to protect themselves from the criminals. Are you?
For the umpteenth time, nobody is talking about disarming law-abiding citizens. We aren't even talking about street gun violence or domestic gun violence on this thread. We are talking about the mass murder of innocents exercising their right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness without being mowed down by a nut bar with a semi-automatic weapon. What laws exist on a national level that prevents a nutbar from buying an AR15-style weapon and where are they not being enforced.?

Double negative.
I suppose the better description is, your arguments are just stupid. They show a remarkably profound lack of logical structure.

I'm a gun owner, etc., but I'm not an idiot. The existing laws are obviously not sufficient to prevent the gun violence, so a different approach is necessary. Yet you say, "gun laws won't stop violence". Notice the missing elements of an argument?

"There are too many guns, so you can't do any thing about it." Again, no logical function included.

These aren't arguments, or even discussion, they're just excuses. That, my friend, is what's "laughable". But, then, this is a satirical thread. Maybe it's intentional.

It didn't make much news, but on the 4th at an area stadium, four people were shot, they think, by people shooting guns along with fireworks celebrations. All four didn't realize they were shot - in hands, one in the shoulder - until the show was over then they went to the hospital.

For the umpteenth time, nobody is talking about disarming law-abiding citizens.
Plenty of people are calling for this.
We aren't even talking about street gun violence or domestic gun violence on this thread. We are talking about the mass murder of innocents exercising their right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness without being mowed down by a nut bar with a semi-automatic weapon.
Plenty of people are talking about gun violence, and right here in this thread.
What laws exist on a national level that prevents a nutbar from buying an AR15-style weapon and where are they not being enforced.?
An AR-15 is a semi-auto weapon, just like hunting rifles are, handguns are, etc. What makes an AR-15 more dangerous than a hunting rifle? Is it the color?

In the case of the Highland Park shooter, he should have been flagged by the Illinois State Police and should not have been able to purchase a gun. But since this didn't happen, coupled with the fact that his father signed for him to be able to purchase a gun, who is really to blame for this?

Question: How do criminals obtain guns? Statement: No one is a criminal until they commit a crime.
We cannot solve this problem over night.

In the case of the Highland Park shooter, he should have been flagged by the Illinois State Police and should not have been able to purchase a gun. But since this didn't happen, coupled with the fact that his father signed for him to be able to purchase a gun, who is really to blame for this?
There is no question as to who is to blame in the Highland Park shooting. Let's talk about Ulvalde, The FL High School, the Buffalo grocery store on and on . I ask you again given you keep repeating that the answer is enforcing existing laws......

What laws exist on a national level that prevents a nutbar from buying an AR15-style weapon and where are they not being enforced.?

Back
Top Bottom