• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

IBD Shows Trump's Support At New High

Democrats have this in the bag. Voters who think they need to vote for Biden,

STAY HOME. Do not mail in ballots. Your man has already won. Vegas Giants promises you he has it won. So to the rest of the resident Democrats.
But then how do we severely punish all the downballot Republicans?

I don’t think you understand. This is not just about trump, it’s about his enablers.
Like many people, it’s going to be a long time before I vote for any Republican again, and in the past I always split my vote.

Sorry to cut in, but remember that on 10/21/16, Clinton was up by 13 in one poll, 12 in another poll, and up by 10 in two more.

I am genuinely shocked that the democrats did not learn anything from 2016s loss. Rather than take the repudiation as constructive criticism and retool their strategy, they double down on the same tactics. Regardless of which party wins this time around they are destroying their credibility with people. Nobody takes their polls seriously. Everyone knows they skew them to appear as they like. They have turned it into pure propaganda.

I am genuinely shocked that the democrats did not learn anything from 2016s loss. Rather than take the repudiation as constructive criticism and retool their strategy, they double down on the same tactics. Regardless of which party wins this time around they are destroying their credibility with people. Nobody takes their polls seriously. Everyone knows they skew them to appear as they like. They have turned it into pure propaganda.
When Biden's own campaign manager has to come out and tell voters not to take the liberally-oriented polling seriously, you know that we've hit a new low.

But then how do we severely punish all the downballot Republicans?

I don’t think you understand. This is not just about trump, it’s about his enablers.
Like many people, it’s going to be a long time before I vote for any Republican again, and in the past I always split my vote.

If Biden wins, and if the Press does to him as they did to Trump, will Biden actually slink into the corner and take it from the hateful Media?

I know, the Media always loves just Democrats. This started with FDR.

Think for example of why I was a long term Democrat. First it was my parents religion. I grew up hating Republicans. I used to berate the republicans fiercely as done by Democrats today. Came election time and I ranted against Republicans.

Changed in my early 40s. I grew up.

So how did I manage to change?

First One must study the issues.

This is issue one.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOU CAN RUN YOUR NEIGHBORS LIFE BETTER THAN THEY CAN?
As a Democrat, hell Yes I thought I could.
As a Republican, that is not even on my mind.

DO YOU TRULY THINK YOUR NEIGHBOR HAS TO MUCH MONEY SO YOU APPOINT THUGS IN DC TO ROB HIM OF HIS EARNINGS?
As a loyal Democrat, who gives a shit. Republicans do not need money. They must have stolen it.
As a Republican, I now appreciate the effort it takes to hire workers, plunge your savingings into plant, equipment, paid workers ahead of profits, benefits one pays as an employer, rules employers must follow that workers do not have to follow... I now believe in freedom

VOTE ONLY FOR REPUBLICANS

If you value FREEDOM, do not vote for Democrats.

American flag.jpg

I can't speak for all Trump supporters, but I believe trends in the polls, not necessarily the raw numbers.

In other words, the fact that IBD has Trump's support at a "new high."
All the major polls show Joe trending higher with a huge gap lead. Good to see you support those polls.

So what? If trump was up ny 10 at this point you would be screaming it on every thread

If Biden wins, and if the Press does to him as they did to Trump, will Biden actually slink into the corner and take it from the hateful Media?

Think for example of why I was a long term Democrat. First it was my parents religion. I grew up hating Republicans. I used to berate the republicans fiercely as done by Democrats today. Came election time and I ranted against Republicans.

This is issue one.

DO YOU TRULY THINK YOUR NEIGHBOR HAS TO MUCH MONEY SO YOU APPOINT THUGS IN DC TO ROB HIM OF HIS EARNINGS?
As a loyal Democrat, who gives a shit. Republicans do not need money. They must have stolen it.
As a Republican, I now appreciate the effort it takes to hire workers, plunge your savingings into plant, equipment, paid workers ahead of profits, benefits one pays as an employer, rules employers must follow that workers do not have to follow... I now believe in freedom

American flag.jpg

All the major polls show Joe trending higher with a huge gap lead. Good to see you support those polls.

This is issue one.

American flag.jpg

This is issue one.

American flag.jpg
If you hate America....vote trump

This is issue one.

American flag.jpg
I’ve heard this crap for years.

Love the flag pic- always gotta lean on a prop when you spout nonsense.

In a just world, the GOP should go the way of the Whig party.

I mean they weight the poll in a manner that favorably reflects the progressive position.
What makes you think they are “weighting” the poll? Do you have a link that says they are not using random sampling just like almost every other pollster to get the party split?

You think Biden is in a good position???
He is massively indebted to the billion class who are pourimg 100s of millions into his campaign. Those people are going to expect a return on their investment. He is calling on Obama for help, not to mention Bernie and the Lincoln project people, big tech and the media. All the while he is hidding under a lid. It comes across as acts of desperation
Biden is going to win. But, okay to all that crap you just spewed. I dont care, just like trump supporters dont care about anything trump does.

Trump got a pair of good polls today in Rasmussen and IBD tracker as well as the Change Research poll in Pennsylvania showing Biden up only 2.

Biden got good results in the YouGov/Change Research/SurveyUSA national polls showing him up 9/10/10, the other five Change Research state polls showing him at or above his averages, the Suffolk PA poll showing him up 7, and two Iowa polls showing him up 3 each.

Overall, it's probably been a little better of a day for Biden than Trump, although it is also one of Trump's better days recently.

With a tie in Texas and a plus 8 in Pennsylvania from Quinnipiac, in addition to this, it definitely seems like Biden is having a better day.

I am genuinely shocked that the Republicans did not learn anything from 2018 loss. Rather than take the repudiation as constructive criticism and retool their strategy, they double down on the same tactics. Regardless of which party wins this time around they are destroying their credibility with people.

Sorry to cut in, but remember that on 10/21/16, Clinton was up by 13 in one poll, 12 in another poll, and up by 10 in two more.

Which national poll had Clinton up 12? ABC. The organization which controls 538.

Although again, you should be looking at 13 days before the election (10/26/2020) if you are going to be making these kinds of comparisons. From 10/26/2016 forward, Hillary higher than a +7% in a national poll.

When Biden's own campaign manager has to come out and tell voters not to take the liberally-oriented polling seriously, you know that we've hit a new low.
That's actually pretty funny if he did that, lol

That's not what he said. Man, you guys are terrible at this.

Does 538 acknowledge that Hilary Clinton is not the president as it claimed inevitable by their polling?
Why do you keep posting nonsense? 2 chances out of 3 for Clinton is not inevitable. Roll that die and on average 1 out of 3 times Trump will win.

Why do you keep posting nonsense? 2 chances out of 3 for Clinton is not inevitable. Roll that die and on average 1 out of 3 times Trump will win.
No, that was not their prediction. It doesn't work when right before an election - after publishing dozens of false polls - they declare they were wrong and hedge their bet like they nearly all do.

Polls are irrelevant as this election will be decided by mail in ballot frauds.

What makes you think they are “weighting” the poll? Do you have a link that says they are not using random sampling just like almost every other pollster to get the party split?
Most polls link to the methodology used and its listed there. All you gotta do is look. Its pretty common knowledge to those of is who have followed the polling for awhile.
Pretend that there are only cons and progs and no independents. Also pretend its a 50/50 split between the two. Say a poll is rleased that says 1000 people were polled and 75% of them agree with the progressive position. Then you look at how the poll was weighted and you find out 750 progs and 250 cons were polled in the survey. Thats what they are doing but in a less exagerated way. That is what we refer to as over sampling. The progressive position is being over represented to convince people that the position they favor is the more popular one.
Where it gets interesting with polling is right around now. All of a sudden the polls tighten because they modify their sampling data to more accurately reflect the ratios of the population. Then next cycle they will point to the polls right at the end of the last cycle to claim their polls are accurate.
The truth is that Trump is not surging in the polls like they saying. The race was always tight. They just wanted you to believe it wasn't. They are trying to discourage people from voting opposite of how they perferr. Its a bait and switch move and it goes on every election cycle.

Biden is going to win. But, okay to all that crap you just spewed. I dont care, just like trump supporters dont care about anything trump does.
Biden might win. I don't dispute that possibility. I'm saying if he does he is beholden to lots of special interests. If you care or not is your business.

I am genuinely shocked that the Republicans did not learn anything from 2018 loss. Rather than take the repudiation as constructive criticism and retool their strategy, they double down on the same tactics. Regardless of which party wins this time around they are destroying their credibility with people.
Fair enough to throw it back at me but without offering anything specific there's nothing to refute.

Back
Top Bottom