• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

IBD Shows Trump's Support At New High

Biden up 7.8 in Michigan and trending up and up 5.1, also trending up in Pennsylvania.

Trump cannot let those 2 states get away from him or it's over
It’s irrelevant if he loses Florida, and he’s down there too.

Unscientific projections should not be trusted....only a fool would invest too much trust in them.

By what basis are you claiming these polls are unscientific?

I find the criticism of 538 by posters like Reuben to be especially funny, given that 538 actually gave Trump one of the highest chances for winning back in 2016 by highlighting how he could string together enough votes in enough districts to get an EC majority.

Sure, the polls are not perfect. No one ever said they were. But to pretend like they're all full of hogwash is equally laughable.

I can't speak for all Trump supporters, but I believe trends in the polls, not necessarily the raw numbers.

In other words, the fact that IBD has Trump's support at a "new high."
Couldn't get much lower, frankly. so anything has to be an improvement. He's still trailing Biden, overall, in the polls.

By what basis are you claiming these polls are unscientific?

I find the criticism of 538 by posters like Reuben to be especially funny, given that 538 actually gave Trump one of the highest chances for winning back in 2016 by highlighting how he could string together enough votes in enough districts to get an EC majority.

Sure, the polls are not perfect. No one ever said they were. But to pretend like they're all full of hogwash is equally laughable.
Because I know that there are too many variables in how people act/vote. No projection is better than the information that it uses...when asking opinions of people there are all sorts of reasons why that information they give could be faulty.

It’s irrelevant if he loses Florida, and he’s down there too.

Fingers crossed it is over after they call Florida for Biden - I do not want to be up all night watching a close election LOL Just need things to continue to stay the same or have Joe open up by another 1/2 to full point in those 3 states

Funny how Brits are now getting interested in US elections...I never used to give a shit until I realised that I shared much of my conservative thinking with people around the world...and I despised the liberals within mine that had cause so much damage to my country. I’ve more in common with foreign nationals than many within my own nation.

If Rasmussen and Trafalgar are correct this time around, as they were four years ago, Democrats are in trouble.

Rasmussen now has Trump up by 4 in Florida.

Technically, even if you take the most recent poll in each state from Rasmussen and Trafalgar, Biden is still ahead in 270 EVs of states.

The IBD tracking poll predicted in 2016 that Clinton would win the popular vote by 1 point. She ended up winning by 2.1.

IBD now shows Biden with just a 1.8 point lead over Trump in a two-way race, and a 2.5 point lead in a four-way race.

"Today's Biden vs. Trump poll finds support for President Donald Trump hitting a new high, just a hair below his 2016 vote share. The race against former Vice President Joe Biden appears to have gotten much tighter since the Oct. 12 launch of IBD/TIPP's daily presidential poll. Republican voters have come home, while Democrats have strayed, but Biden retains an edge among independent voters, IBD/TIPP shows.

In a head-to-head Biden vs. Trump poll, the Democratic nominee leads by 1.8 points, 48.7%-46.9%, his smallest lead to date.

Biden's support has slipped 4 points since Oct. 12 in the one-on-one matchup, while Trump's support is up 4.6 points.

The latest Biden vs. Trump poll update shows the Democratic challenger leading the Republican incumbent by 2.5 points, 48.5%-46%, in a four-way presidential poll of likely voters."

Volume 0%
IBD was one of the few polls that was correct in 2016

Eh. Their head to head poll wasn't any more right than Bloomberg or ABC. And most of the other polls were only another point off from that. Since polls have a 4%ish margin of error, that's not really saying much.

Interestingly, their 4-way poll was actually the least accurate final poll in 2016. They had Trump +2 when Hillary won by 2.1%. No other poll had Hillary by more than 6% so that was actually the biggest miss.

Source

I can't speak for all Trump supporters, but I believe trends in the polls, not necessarily the raw numbers.

In other words, the fact that IBD has Trump's support at a "new high."

Because it's positive for your cult leader, is basically it.

Eh. Their head to head poll wasn't any more right than Bloomberg or ABC. And most of the other polls were only another point off from that. Since polls have a 4%ish margin of error, that's not really saying much.

Interestingly, their 4-way poll was actually the least accurate final poll in 2016. They had Trump +2 when Hillary won by 2.1%. No other poll had Hillary by more than 6% so that was actually the biggest miss.

Source
You should show your sources. I did a quick search and found IBD was just abut the ony way that nailed it in 2016. Here ya go:

You should show your sources. I did a quick search and found IBD was just abut the ony way that nailed it in 2016. Here ya go:

I did show my source. Did you not see my link?
Edit:
At the time of the article you posted all the votes weren’t even counted.

I did show my source. Did you not see my link?
Edit:
At the time of the article you posted all the votes weren’t even counted.
You had no link on the post I replied to.

Why are you so worried about IBD anyway? That it shows the gap(if there was one) is closing fast?

I actually heard them on CNN telling viewers that Biden didn't have a good debate but it should not matter to anyone because this election isn't about Joe its about how terrible of a human being Trump is.
The scary part of what is being attempted is that it may work.
That's very true for many people. Many people, including myself, would vote for almost anyone over The Donald.

And that is not a reflection on me or voters...it's a reflection on how horrible he has been as a president and how horrific he comes across as a 'person.'

And our minds were made up long before any of the debates....we've had almost 4 years of The Donald's "performance."

You had no link on the post I replied to.

Why are you so worried about IBD anyway? That it shows the gap(if there was one) is closing fast?
Yes I did. It is right below my comment and says Source.

I am not worried about IBD. I just like predicting elections and discussing election data and polls. You said something about them that I knew wasn't true, so I figured I should point that out.

Yes I did. It is right below my comment and says Source.

I am not worried about IBD. I just like predicting elections and discussing election data and polls. You said something about them that I knew wasn't true, so I figured I should point that out.
My link is false then?

Technically it is true for November 9, 2016, but there were several million votes not yet counted at that point.
and............IBD predicted a Trump win ad were right....is that correct or not? I don't care about the popular vote.

and............IBD predicted a Trump win ad were right....is that correct or not? I don't care about the popular vote.

Well they were measuring the popular vote. They weren't measuring his electoral votes.

Womp womp womp wahhhhhh....

They predicted Trump would win the popular vote. They were not predicting who would win the election.
I don’t believe that is correct, I will check on it.

Back
Top Bottom