• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I was relieved when Biden won our Presidency. Today I'm ecstatic.

Same. As i have posted several times, I am not religious but I thank God every night that we have Joe at this time.
Once in awhile, what you really need in that White House, is the kind of experience and connections that someone can only acquire with decades in Washington DC . This was set up for success over a year ago when Biden combed over all his applications to pick some very competent, stable, experienced and loyal staff to fill his Cabinet, at the helm of the Pentagon and CIA, and throughout the West Wing.

Here's a big key here. You have to have a Commander in chief, who will actually listen to them. I realize this seems pretty basic, pretty mundane but believe it or not, we have elected people who simply would not pay attention to what his own cabinet, generals, and staff were telling him.

Here's another big key here. You have to have a President who knows how to communicate with international allies, knows how to commit to work in coalition in partnerships and knows how to step away from the limelight long enough to share credit and let other leaders play a role. I realize this seems obvious too. But we have elected ego-centric show-boaters who worried more about the cameras and the microphones, than getting the actual work done.

In these days of a major Russian invasion the alternative is terrifying.

You're ecstatic that all of this shit hit the fan under Biden? Weird flex.

Biden’s a damn crook. Not unlike previous Presidents, but a crook nevertheless. “10 percent to the big guy”.
OK, time for you to walk the talk, post your proof, show your work.

Otherwise its just hyperbolic bilge.

It astounds me Trump defenders have no idea how stupid they sound when they say things like this, when Biden has been repeatedly given credit for his part in leveling the consequences which have effectively cut Russia off from most of the developed world.
Trump was significantly better than Biden is, so it's natural.

Biden has more balls than Mr. Tiny Hand Golden Shower.
Then why is Putin playing him like a hand of cards?

Damn, got that right, C

Ukraine would really be f***ed right now if pootin's fat orange sock puppet was still in the White House...
compared to the awesome situation they are in right now?

The main-and perhaps only reason-most of the TDS stage IV patients voted for Biden-was to slake their hatred of Trump. Now that Biden is in office, the TDS hospice team has to try to come up for reasons why Biden was better than Trump-rather than merely hating the Donald

AMEN AMEN!!!
I didnt vote for President Biden, but I was very thankful he won vs the alternative . . .

the country and the world is exponentially better without Donnie as president . . .

and now that is, even more, blatantly obvious and thank god he isnt president when this is going on . .

But they weren't doing it; which is why Trump yelled at them; he was commended by NATO's Secretary General for doing so, BTW.
Have you ever thought to go read the actual facts from the annual NATO reports instead of just repeating Trump supporter nonsense? I'm not going to bother to do it again, but just a week or two back I posted here the actual growth in non US Nato spending under Obama post 2014, and then under Trump. As I said in the previous post, Trump helped, but nothing like what Obama had already achieved. As usual though, Trump made a lot of vote grabbing noise about the compatively little he did.

If you value knowing the truth, do your own research instead of regurgitating tired old Trumpster story lines. I'm not saying Trump didn't help, but compared to what he convinced his followers he had done...... My biggest issue with DT is actually how gullible his supporters often are.

It astounds me Trump defenders have no idea how stupid they sound when they say things like this, when Biden has been repeatedly given credit for his part in leveling the consequences which have effectively cut Russia off from most of the developed world.
They don't care.

Well, that's what patriots do, right? Real patriots have to make sure they are always criticizing Democrats, even if that means siding with hostile foreign governments. That's how you know they care about this country.
They aren't patriots.

AMEN AMEN!!!
I didnt vote for President Biden, but I was very thankful he won vs the alternative . . .

the country and the world is exponentially better without Donnie as president . . .

and now that is, even more, blatantly obvious and thank god he isnt president when this is going on . .
Trump would be helping Putin.

You're ecstatic that all of this shit hit the fan under Biden? Weird flex.
All we've done is watch our old (corrupt and juvenile) head coach get fired (while crying like a baby and profiting off of continuing to lie) and be replaced by a competent new head coach while the fans of the old liar bitch and complain while the new head coach deals with a lot of world events.

And what's really cool is that threads like this gives me tons of posts to bookmark since so many people can only think short term.

Says the person who said Russia "rolled in", despite all reality showing they have not.
Good lord. SlyFox doesn't even know that Russia has invaded Ukraine. He thinks they're all stuck at the border.

Good lord. SlyFox doesn't even know that Russia has invaded Ukraine. He thinks they're all stuck at the border.
That's not at all what he's saying. Why lie about that?

Deflection and obfuscation. Avoid the issue. Nice try.
Oh look! More words you apparently don't know the meaning of.

You said "Putin behaved himself". He clearly didn't, as Greenbeard and I showed in an informative back and forth. You then, erroneously, claimed your comment was tongue-in-cheek, which makes absolutely no sense given you've been defending your comment. So I pointed out you don't seem to understand what tongue-in-cheek means and went on to explain what you really did mean and why you meant it.

So where that leaves us is you having said something dumb, me pointing out it was dumb, Greenbeard and I demonstrating why it was dumb, you using a phrase incorrectly, me pointing out why it was an improper use of the phrase and then circling back around to why your initial comment was dumb. And, finally, we've reached the stage where everyone can see how utterly ridiculous your comments have been and now you're just trying to escape with your e-ego intact.

I'll throw you an olive branch here. You are welcome to run away from this conversation and I won't reference your laughable "Putin behaved himself" comment again, if you would like.
All you've demonstrated is how incredibly ignorant you are about what's going on in Ukraine and how it all unfolded.
No, I've been 100% accurate. You're now resorting to painfully generic statements to try and cover YOUR ignorance of what has happened in Ukraine, so you can deflect from your initial stupid comment that Russia rolled in.

It's not hard to do the honest thing and admit you just said something dumb. Go ahead and try it. It'll feel good, I promise.

Oh, I see you're now resorting to "Well, Russia drove across the non-visible line, so clearly it is all Biden's fault they just drove across that line!".

Take the L, man. There's no need to further embarrass yourself.
That's not at all what he's saying. Why lie about that?
Because pushing his agenda is far more important than just being honest about the stupid thing he said?

He was very specific...it brings him peace and happiness when he remembers he's no longer POTUS.

Why do you do such a poor job reading the words? Is it because you're so blinded by the Trump swindle?
I think the cult is ever so slowly starting to understand how things are gonna play out with covid and with Russia and how Biden is making mature and calculated decisions that will pay off for the United States in the long term.

They were praying for a crash and burn and they're not gonna get it.

This makes no sense. Either in context of my post or in reality.
Because you only watch Russian state TV? That's literally the only excuse I could accept for how stupid this comment is.
They don't care.
And this has been proven true time and again.

Because pushing his agenda is far more important than just being honest about the stupid thing he said?
Indeed.

When you have debates with people who are so similar to the ex president it's almost impossible to have debates. They so easily lie about things and then expect people to accept that as truth and debate about the lie.

It's so boring.

I too was relieved and very happy that Biden won. Getting rid of Trump was my top priority. I really didn't care who replaced him. Today, I'm very dissatisified, disappointed in Biden and the democratic controlled congress as are a majority of Americans when one looks at the approval/disapproval ratings.

However, this doesn't mean I want Trump back. I don't. I'm one happy camper he's gone. It does mean the chances of me voting Republican in the midterms is very high. If Trump were to run again in 2024, I'd still vote against him no matter how dissatisfied I'm with Biden and company. Trump had to go and as far as I'm concerned, he has to stay gone. Now some other Republican candidate in 2024, that's a whole different ballgame.

Once in awhile, what you really need in that White House, is the kind of experience and connections that someone can only acquire with decades in Washington DC .

I'm going to disagree. It could take a book to explain the topic, though. It's not that there isn't some truth in what you're trying to say, but it's not that simple. I will say trump has given a bad name to 'amateurs'. But presidents have a world of those experienced people available as advisors.

This was set up for success over a year ago when Biden combed over all his applications to pick some very competent, stable, experienced and loyal staff to fill his Cabinet, at the helm of the Pentagon and CIA, and throughout the West Wing.

Biden's experience did help a lot, I expect. On the other hand, is it hard to imagine Hillary, with a lot of experience over decades in Washington, having problems because of her views and other issues despite her experience?

Here's a big key here. You have to have a Commander in chief, who will actually listen to them. I realize this seems pretty basic, pretty mundane but believe it or not, we have elected people who simply would not pay attention to what his own cabinet, generals, and staff were telling him.

Again trump being the worst, but ya. On the other hand, the opposite can be true - JFK learned not to listen to a lot of top people and he was right not to.

Here's another big key here. You have to have a President who knows how to communicate with international allies, knows how to commit to work in coalition in partnerships and knows how to step away from the limelight long enough to share credit and let other leaders play a role. I realize this seems obvious too. But we have elected ego-centric show-boaters who worried more about the cameras and the microphones, than getting the actual work done.

Yes, and there's a lot more to it - when the public politics conflict with good policy, when the special interests have great influence, battles for power, and more.

Back
Top Bottom