• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I think I'm gonna buy this

My dream car is more along the luxo-barge side of things these days.
I want to find an old 1965 Imperial with no engine or transmission and I want to drop a 3.6L Chrysler Pentastar V6 into it
with a Ripp Supercharger to add another 150 HP and mate it to the older six speed automatic slushbox used on the older 300's, the one
with the ability to switch to manual gear changes by tapping the shifter left or right.
That would put the power output to right around what the old 413 Golden Lion V8's power output was with a significant weight savings and better gearing.

Then I would naturally update to four wheel discs and maybe even try for independent rear suspension, and for sure adjustable coil-overs all around.
Not necessary to DO the Green Hornet cosmetics, it's enough just by itself as is, I just love that particular model Imperial.

1656961490629.png

I want to find an old 1965 Imperial with no engine or transmission and I want to drop a 3.6L Chrysler Pentastar V6 into it
with a Ripp Supercharger to add another 150 HP and mate it to the older six speed automatic slushbox used on the older 300's, the one
with the ability to switch to manual gear changes by tapping the shifter left or right.
That would put the power output to right around what the old 413 Golden Lion V8's power output was with a significant weight savings and better gearing.

Then I would naturally update to four wheel discs and maybe even try for independent rear suspension, and for sure adjustable coil-overs all around.
Not necessary to DO the Green Hornet cosmetics, it's enough just by itself as is, I just love that particular model Imperial.

View attachment 67400102
I'm the opposite: I like tiny convertibles. MGBs and such. I really like those Porsche Boxters.
MGB
1656962200649.png
Boxter
1656962240120.png

1988 ALFA ROMEO SPIDER QUADRIFOGLIO​

1656962392746.png

TR6

We may just be guys who drove a lotta hoopties growing up, lol.

Old v8 point type ignitions needed anywhere from 10-20 thousandths depending.

I still have a set of old school chevy valve covers with top cut out for setting valve lash at idle. Keeps the oil loss down a bit. Haven't used them in a decade or two but they're still in the garage.

And I can still tune a holly or carter pretty well by ear/smell, although these days if I'm going carbed I just buy an Edelbrock. They're much easier.
.017” was the sweet spot.

We aren't opposites, that's just where my dream car mood is lately.
I do LOVE the cars you listed but I just wouldn't own one long term.
I'd RENT one on "Turo" if it was available though...maybe even more than once.

If I did own any it would be the TR6 but with something more powerful under the hood.
Since it already supports a straight six, choices are easy, and I'd invite some sort of power adding scheme, most likely a supercharger.

View attachment 67400102
Nuthin' wrong with that at all. Sounds like a cool build.

My dad had a tr6. It was a total rust bucket. When he killed the motor I asked if I could have it. 3 months later it had an SBC and th350. Didn't handle for shit with all that extra weight up front but it sure was fun to drive.

Hey, you know what I really like best about the TR6?
They got the ratio right for the wheels!
The wheel to body size ratio is very important in sports car design.

Way too many cars suffer looks-wise from having the wrong size wheels and wrong size wheel wells to begin with.

My dad had a tr6. It was a total rust bucket. When he killed the motor I asked if I could have it. 3 months later it had an SBC and th350. Didn't handle for shit with all that extra weight up front but it sure was fun to drive.

I never understood how a nation with as much rainfall as the UK never figured out how to design a car that wouldn't rust in a matter of weeks.
They've never even TRIED! 😆

Plus I would look good in my fedora while driving it. 😍
Damn right, 'cause that's what it's all about when you get right down to it.

I'm not kidding either. I'mma look like an aging rock star driving a porsche with all my tattoos and a mohawk.

I never understood how a nation with as much rainfall as the UK never figured out how to design a car that wouldn't rust in a matter of weeks.
They've never even TRIED! 😆
Hell, they made some outta wood. Maybe so they would float?

Morgans I think.

Hey, you know what I really like best about the TR6?
They got the ratio right for the wheels!
The wheel to body size ratio is very important in sports car design.

Way too many cars suffer looks-wise from having the wrong size wheels and wrong size wheel wells to begin with.
Best thing about the third generation F-bodys. Big enough wheels and wells.

I think that is why I'd try going with another inline six with a power adder instead.
A car that small and light can do some real terrorizing with as little as 200 HP if it can produce that power in the right RPM range and a lot of modern day six bangers
can provide that. I still applaud you dropping a small block Chev in it anyway for shits and giggles.
But if it were TODAY and I had the ducats, I would try something like a Toyota 2JZ.

I think that is why I'd try going with another inline six with a power adder instead.
A car that small and light can do some real terrorizing with as little as 200 HP if it can produce that power in the right RPM range and a lot of modern day six bangers
can provide that. I still applaud you dropping a small block Chev in it anyway for shits and giggles.
But if it were TODAY and I had the ducats, I would try something like a Toyota 2JZ.
I've small blocked all sorts of shit. It's almost too easy.

I've small blocked all sorts of shit. It's almost too easy.
A friend of mine inherited a Vega with a blown engine, you know the rest.
I think he killed the SBC in something like six months. He just liked doing wheelies with it.
By the time he destroyed the engine, the thing that passes for a frame on that car was tweaked pretty badly too.
He didn't give a shit, it was a car he built to hoon around in, and like you said, almost too easy, we had it up and running from roller status in a week and that was just part time goofing off in the driveway between bong hits.

And by "wheelies" I don't mean anything spectacular, just maybe five or six inches.
Really, it was just burnouts, pulling the front end up, being obnoxious at traffic lights.

Oh and...it was orange, so it deserved its fate anyway.

A friend of mine inherited a Vega with a blown engine, you know the rest.
I think he killed the SBC in something like six months. He just liked doing wheelies with it.
By the time he destroyed the engine, the thing that passes for a frame on that car was tweaked pretty badly too.
He didn't give a shit, it was a car he built to hoon around in, and like you said, almost too easy, we had it up and running from roller status in a week and that was just part time goofing off in the driveway between bong hits.

And by "wheelies" I don't mean anything spectacular, just maybe five or six inches.
Really, it was just burnouts, pulling the front end up, being obnoxious at traffic lights.

Oh and...it was orange, so it deserved its fate anyway.
If you'da tubbed it a little and put on some sticky-Mickys It probably done a real wheel stand.

The same lot has a boxter but it just doesn't have the same snap.
No, of course not. I just remember what fun it was to drive my Spitfire, top down, girlfriend's hair blowin' around, stereo blasting.

That car never made a k-turn in the years I owned it. I could pull a u-turn in my driveway.

Back
Top Bottom