• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I think I'm gonna buy this

Seriously? That never ocurred to me. Wow!

Never occurred to me either but she showed up at another sporting event and I was running camera and someone asked and she said that it's all her and that
she began to sprout in her preteen years.
Same as my first wife...who could have given her a run for her money haha.

LMcP2008 (2019_02_27 17_41_55 UTC).jpg

Last edited:
My dream car is more along the luxo-barge side of things these days.
I want to find an old 1965 Imperial with no engine or transmission and I want to drop a 3.6L Chrysler Pentastar V6 into it
with a Ripp Supercharger to add another 150 HP and mate it to the older six speed automatic slushbox used on the older 300's, the one
with the ability to switch to manual gear changes by tapping the shifter left or right.
That would put the power output to right around what the old 413 Golden Lion V8's power output was with a significant weight savings and better gearing.

Then I would naturally update to four wheel discs and maybe even try for independent rear suspension, and for sure adjustable coil-overs all around.
Not necessary to DO the Green Hornet cosmetics, it's enough just by itself as is, I just love that particular model Imperial.

View attachment 67400102
Those old Imperials are beautiful.

View attachment 67399949

1999 Carrera with 3.4 and 6 speed manual. Only 45k miles. Drives out sweet. One scuff on a rim is the only defect I can see.
Looks nice. Be sure maintenance is up to date, and don't even consider having the services performed at your local mechanic. They are awesome cars and will last forever with proper maintenance, but plan to take it to the dealer, or a private Porsche mechanic. I've heard horror stories of guys taking their 911's to Jiffy
Lube and getting the standard 6 quart oil and filter change (they use 12 quarts and have 2 filters). They are dependable as can be, and a blast to drive.

Those old Imperials are beautiful.

I really love that particular period of the "Forward Look" designs.
And they don't ride mushy, not unless you let the shocks, springs, ball joints and bushings go all to Hell.

I do love those old 413 engines but these days they're just too expensive to run, so I figure replacing it with the modern overhead cam V6 with
the blower is a weight savings of almost 250 pounds, and an automatic increase in fuel efficiency and you get even more power out of the Pentastar 3.6 with the blower
than you do out of the stock 413, so it is a win-win-win all around.
I guess I would want a decent dual exhaust with the proper catbacks to let it have a good sound.

Plus, the 3.6 L Pentastar is overengineered so adding the blower will not stress that engine in the least.
It's capable of delivering 450+ HP without hurting itself.

After I got out of the service, I bounced around a few jobs before hanging my own shingle out. One of the shops I was in was a General Tire dealer. The shop was located in downtown DC, just outside of Georgetown. One day a Targa came in for tires. I had a break and got the tire department to let me road test the new tires. The shop was close to the on ramp for the Rock Creek Parkway and I headed there. The on-ramp is a down incline and I wound the gearbox out, when I shifted to third gear and accelerated the steering response got real loose and I swear the front started to rise. I limped sheepishly back to the shop and turned the keys in to the front desk.
View attachment 67399987

That was a Porsche!

Porscha………

Interesting. I have owned several 911's and have had them up to as much as 145mph and never had even the slightest shimmy, also had them at 90 mph through
S turns without any issue. I suspect the car you drove had some issue besides tires.

I really love that particular period of the "Forward Look" designs.
And they don't ride mushy, not unless you let the shocks, springs, ball joints and bushings go all to Hell.

I do love those old 413 engines but these days they're just too expensive to run, so I figure replacing it with the modern overhead cam V6 with
the blower is a weight savings of almost 250 pounds, and an automatic increase in fuel efficiency and you get even more power out of the Pentastar 3.6 with the blower
than you do out of the stock 413, so it is a win-win-win all around.
I guess I would want a decent dual exhaust with the proper catbacks to let it have a good sound.

Plus, the 3.6 L Pentastar is overengineered so adding the blower will not stress that engine in the least.
It's capable of delivering 450+ HP without hurting itself.
I routinely add "1968 Chrysler Imperial" to our grocery lists. My wife gives me that look and crosses it off every time, lol.

If you'da tubbed it a little and put on some sticky-Mickys It probably done a real wheel stand.

Hee hee, maybe not in his case because it was just an old SBC that had been sitting on their back porch for a couple of years and I think it maybe came out of a plain old grocery getter vehicle so it would have been a miracle if he even got 230 HP out of it. He beat the SNOT out of that Vega with that engine in it, literally just tortured that car.

But yeah, I can imagine with a really nice small block in top tune, if you could get it to hook up it probably would have raised the snout a respectable amount.
I kid you not, we did the absolute laziest minimum dropping that POS 350 in there. And it was a real POS...he didn't even clean the grease off or anything.

After I got out of the service, I bounced around a few jobs before hanging my own shingle out. One of the shops I was in was a General Tire dealer. The shop was located in downtown DC, just outside of Georgetown. One day a Targa came in for tires. I had a break and got the tire department to let me road test the new tires. The shop was close to the on ramp for the Rock Creek Parkway and I headed there. The on-ramp is a down incline and I wound the gearbox out, when I shifted to third gear and accelerated the steering response got real loose and I swear the front started to rise. I limped sheepishly back to the shop and turned the keys in to the front desk.
View attachment 67399987

That was a Porsche!

Porscha………

I keep forgetting you lived in the DC area and I know that on ramp very well.

Interesting. I have owned several 911's and have had them up to as much as 145mph and never had even the slightest shimmy, also had them at 90 mph through
S turns without any issue. I suspect the car you drove had some issue besides tires.
Have you ever had the Targa model? With the massive whale tail spoiler?

Too much

If you want to know why guys sell those mid engine cars with those low miles, it is because they are a BITCH to work on, and if you pay a mechanic you pay 10-20 times what you would on other cars. A simple water pump might cost $1500 to have replaced. So, unless you are Jerry Seinfield or Jay Leno, then have fun.

Have you ever owned a mid engine car before is all would ask you?

View attachment 67399949

1999 Carrera with 3.4 and 6 speed manual. Only 45k miles. Drives out sweet. One scuff on a rim is the only defect I can see.
Is that dealership in Melbourne Fl.? If so I know it, and they are very reputable. I have 2 friends who purchased Porsche's from them and were treated fairly.
Good luck!

With respect:

Have you heard the porcupine joke?

No, but have owned a convertible and no steering or handling problems.
see edit, that whale tail is what brought the front end up. See photo in my first post.

IMS bearing replacement is in the database as replaced with upgraded part.

Just what I was going to suggest looking at.

Note this 911 will be slower than a newbMustang GT Camaro SS, Toyota Supra and 2023 Nissan Z while being the same price or more. Buy it as a weekend toy, and know that drag racing is not a good option.

Personally I want to find a good mid 1980's BMW 5 series. I love that car

With respect:

I'll withold my opinions.

see edit, that whale tail is what brought the front end up. See photo in my first post.
My 911 Turbo had a tea tray spoiler (the same as the one in the pic) and never lifted the front end.

Back
Top Bottom