• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I really can't take it anymore (partisanship)

My fellow humans! I appeal to you.

We may have differences on politics and policy...sure...that is what debate is all about...really good...but even on covid (though it ain't a hoax) is debated...(again...very real) (Who would think that once the US passed 500000 deaths it could be a hoax?)

But some of our fellow humans think it a hoax and we need to speak to them...withouht the supposed higher self... (but reason)!

I just can not help but notice the desire for "take-downs" and political partisan attacks and PERSONAL attacks...

Again...I get that disagreements are important...hell do I have lot with the maga cult and the morons of the uber-wokists...

Covid is very real...but my talking down to them you will NEVER get there

But I guess what I am saying is we should never loose a sense of a common humanity....

People have different Life experiences... they arrive at conclusions that may seem foreign to you...but they are very real tp our fellow brothers and sisters...

So don't dissmis people....

Covid is very real...but others are not so sure....because of many reasons....(again we need not to understand them fully)

I do not think we should push them away but embrace the differences and than obviously try to convince them

What you are asking Americans to do is to abandon the very basic, current, foundation of American politics wherein anyone who differs from you is **E*V*I*L** and must be destroyed.

You're not listening to a word I'm saying. Go back and re-read what I said, as many times as you need to to finally get my point.
I'm not sure you two are talking about the same thing.

Last edited:
Well, it's true that attacking them only makes them burrow in deeper; that's human nature. I think all we can do is keep laying out the facts and stay neutral when they come up with an "alternative" theory from the deep hole of suspicion they huddle in.
Well YES! Try and understand them (don't believe in them) but try and understand them...

You think a q Idiot will change their mind without empathy?

What you are asking Americans to do is to abandon the very basic, current, foundation of American politics wherein anyone who differs from you is **E*V*I*L** and must be destroyed.
:ROFLMAO: what sacrilege, hey?

Nobody denies Covid is real. The question was always about how much freedom to sacrifice for the sake of some sense of safety.

You misspelled 500,000 Americans.

No I am saying you will never convince a Trumper by talking down to him

Try and understand why so many people don't believe in science (fox) and than have some god damn empathy...

And than See to how to change their mindS

I know it is hard to see other peoples perspectives...

But that is key

Never have i ever said believe them...but we will never understand..my appeal is to try ans UNDERSTAND them and then appeal to them

Say for the sake of argument that that's exactly what we need to do. OK, fine. I'm gonna give you a chance to prove it. Right here:

You will find people in that forum who actually believe one or more of the following:

1. COVID-19 is overblown/"just the flu"
2. The freedom to do whatever you feel like doing is more important than 200,000 300,000 400,000 500,000 dead Americans
3. Shaming people who won't wear their masks properly is worse than the deaths of 500,000 Americans
3. We should let the virus infect as many people as possible and "thin the heard"
4. If we just lost weight, COVID-19 wouldn't be a problem.

I'm not making any of that up. There are actual posts there that unironically say that crap.

If you know how to talk some sense in those people, by all means get in there and do it. Seriously, we could use a hand.

Well YES! Try and understand them (don't believe in them) but try and understand them...

You think a q Idiot will change their mind without empathy?
Reorienting a Q believer to our current time and place is way above my pay grade. But I've repeated the precautions and vaccination argument plenty. Thing is, say it nice, they say you're brainwashed. Say it more forcefully and they slide another foot deeper in the hole. I do it anyway, but I honestly doubt if it makes a bit of difference. Their minds are closed.

Reorienting a Q believer to our current time and place is way above my pay grade. But I've repeated the precautions and vaccination argument plenty. Thing is, say it nice, they say you're brainwashed. Say it more forcefully and they slide another foot deeper in the hole. I do it anyway, but I honestly doubt if it makes a bit of difference. Their minds are closed.
Call me naive....but without empathy, trying to understand their point of view you will just get more q morons....EMPATHY however dumb it is... you do not convince cultists by talking down to them...only makes those toxic forced of the great GOP stonger

I honestly do not think that by dismissing the Trumpers you will get anything good...they are in a cult..
But how about understanding them as opposed to hating them?
But aren't you dismissing them when you call them a cult?

Nobody denies Covid is real. The question was always about how much freedom to sacrifice for the sake of some sense of safety.

"Sense" of safety has never had a thing to do with it.
It's a GERM policy, a public health directive.
And no one is sacrificing freedom by being ordered to wear a mask and social distance in public.
And even IF those could be defined as "sacrificing freedom" there's two things covidiots are incapable of comprehending:

1. The longer we fuss and fight about this, the longer we will have to do it.

2. Shared sacrifice for the common good is what got us through WW2 and anyone who thinks being told to social distance and wear a mask is equal to what our parents and grandparents had to sacrifice is a whiner.

I very

I agree...

But I do not think us be able to get past the Trump cult ... withouht giving the Trumpers something
Not being right
Just aknowleged

They have the right to vote, as we do

Call me naive....but without empathy, trying to understand their point of view you will just get more q morons....EMPATHY however dumb it is... you do not convince cultists by talking down to them...only makes those toxic forced of the great GOP stonger
George, I'm not disagreeing with you.

Say for the sake of argument that that's exactly what we need to do. OK, fine. I'm gonna give you a chance to prove it. Right here:

You will find people in that forum who actually believe one or more of the following:

2. The freedom to do whatever you feel like doing is more important than 200,000 300,000 400,000 500,000 dead Americans
3. Shaming people who won't wear their masks properly is worse than the deaths of 500,000 Americans
3. We should let the virus infect as many people as possible and "thin the heard"

I'm not making any of that up. There are actual posts there that unironically say that crap.

If you know how to talk some sense in those people, by all means get in there and do it. Seriously, we could use a hand.
Oh..
I definatly see that
But aren't you dismissing them when you call them a cult?
I dismiss the hard Core Trumpers

But not all who voted for the moron

So people arrive at different conclusions...how about we make sure they do not believe in insanity? But are allowed different points of view...
For the past year covid was blamed on Trump, he killed tens of thousands. It was political from the beginning... now we find out how negligent Cuomo is.

Just also imagin the anti Trumpers (me among 'em) just talked normally to them...not condecending and mean
Do you know how many people would agree with us that he was an arse?

Many more than when you put them in the defensive

We can have a debate about liberal v conservative values: immigration, right to life, tax policy etc
Reality isn’t up for debate
I totally agree... but empathy with obvious cultists...to get them out!

Just also imagin the anti Trumpers (me among 'em) just talked normally to them...not condecending and mean
Do you know how many people would agree with us that he was an arse?

Many more than when you put them in the defensive

You're just blabbing now. Stop trying to prove me wrong and start getting in there and changing some minds. If you can. And I don't think you can.

But you know G, quite a few people here are not here to have reasonable debates anyway. I’m surrounded by conservatives, right wingers, and even Q people all the time in real life. All my employees run the gambit of this spectrum, and almost everyone we work for regularly do too. Everybody knows I’m a progressive liberal, and they will often bust my balls about it, but in real life none of them wish me actual harm. There’s something about anonymity which gives people a license to not be who they really are. It’s like a role playing game.

Whispers in the wind.

Back
Top Bottom