• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

I hope Michelle Obama runs for president someday

Sure I can. He's not even in the parking lot of the ballpark the other two are playing in.
:shrug: you can make predictions all you want, but you can't say he has no chance, only a minority chance. Just as Trump does.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

:shrug: you can make predictions all you want, but you can't say he has no chance, only a minority chance. Just as Trump does.

LOL!!

Okay. If it helps you have hope for the 3rd Party guy by unrealistically minimizing the Republican guy, go for it.

LOL!!

Okay. If it helps you have hope for the 3rd Party guy by unrealistically minimizing the Republican guy, go for it.
:shrug: I'm not. Trump does not (at current) have a >50% chance of winning.

:shrug: I'm not. Trump does not (at current) have a >50% chance of winning.

Haha...

Neither does anybody else. To you, does that mean nobody has a chance of winning?

Come on, dude...I know you like to play word games, but now you are just being silly.

Haha...

Neither does anybody else. To you, does that mean nobody has a chance of winning?

My argument is the opposite - they all have a chance of winning. The likelihood merely varies. None of them are disqualified for "not having a chance".

Michelle Obama has been a disaster of a first lady. An overweight women who failed miserably in curbing childhood obesity.

Barack and Michelle represent empty promises and actions that are out of step of reality. Every Obama or Robinson in leadership has been a complete and utter failure.

Yeah... just as I suspected. You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

And I'd put money on Michelle being able to out-punch you.

It's bad enough to watch partisan hacks attack politicians with lies but to hate their wives for no real apparent reason... that's just plain stupid.

I watched her speech at the DNC, and if "uniting the party" was a prime concern before, it's not now - she gave a heck of a great speech, with heart, passion, and power. What's more, she never once went down the low road of tearing down the GOP candidate. She never once resorted to the schoolyard-brawl tactics of Trump. Instead, she said it best with one line: "When they go low, we go high." And that's precisely what she did.

If I had to choose between Hillary and Michelle, I'd still vote for Hillary...but only because of the breadth of experience and skill that Hillary brings to the table. If Michelle were to follow the same path - if she were to work her way up from state office to US Congress and then run for president, we'd be looking at eight more years of Obamas in the White House.

And when you really want to go high, you do what her husband during his first term and hire Rahm Emanuel as your chief of staff.

He also has absolutely no ability to win.

I don't consider that a useful choice.

And if Ikari votes for Gary Johnson and he loses, Ikari would've not thrown his vote away anymore than you will when Trump loses.

This from a guy I'm pretty sure said he didn't like dynasties, but I guess only if the dynasty has a last name Bush - Kennedy's, Clinton's and Obama's are just dandy.

And what's with Democrats promoting the "little woman" for the highest office all the time? President of the United States isn't the same as snack chairman at the PTA.

I don't think you know what "dynasty" means.

Husband and wife who are not blood relatives don't qualify.

First, since she has zero qualifications, she would have to run on her husbands name and win a seat in the senate. Thena fter accomplishing nothing in the senate she would need to be appointed secretary of state...again with no merit. Then...after accomplishing precisely dick in the office except getting a bunch of people killed and encouraging bloody revolts in many countries she could then resign from a failed post, engage in massively corrupt fundraising actions for her 'charity', and then mishandle (through carelessness or stupidity) classified message traffic. Then and only then would she be qualified to be the democrat nominee (provided she has the party apparatus screw over any legitimate candidates during the primary).

Good, zero qualifications. That puts her on equal ground with the GOP nominee.

Good, zero qualifications. That puts her on equal ground with the GOP nominee.
Close. I mean...he at least has some business sense whereas she was gifted a politically appointed 'job' that paid her a lot and required nothing of her.

Oh...and she has had a 'garden' at the WH...so there is that.

You dont see the trainwreck that your comment is comparing her to Trump? :lamo

I watched her speech at the DNC, and if "uniting the party" was a prime concern before, it's not now - she gave a heck of a great speech, with heart, passion, and power. What's more, she never once went down the low road of tearing down the GOP candidate. She never once resorted to the schoolyard-brawl tactics of Trump. Instead, she said it best with one line: "When they go low, we go high." And that's precisely what she did.

If I had to choose between Hillary and Michelle, I'd still vote for Hillary...but only because of the breadth of experience and skill that Hillary brings to the table. If Michelle were to follow the same path - if she were to work her way up from state office to US Congress and then run for president, we'd be looking at eight more years of Obamas in the White House.

So from one speech, now she can be a President?

Says the guy from the side that supports a racist, xenophobic schoolyard bully for president...even with the full knowledge that for the most part, he refuses to say what he would do to solve the problems he claims America has. "It'll be great, I'll be the best ever"...but when it comes to details of what he would do...*crickets*

No thanks, sir, for by choosing Trump to have his hand on the nuclear button, y'all have shown the world that y'all have forgotten what your responsibility is when it comes to choosing our nation's leader.

There's that high road Michelle was talking about.

I don't think you know what "dynasty" means.

Husband and wife who are not blood relatives don't qualify.

Funny, the guy I quoted and responded to fully understood my reference and accepted it as valid - and good on him. You may want to refrain from inserting yourself into a conversation when all you do is embarrass yourself.

What Michelle did last night was exactly what I said of them both 8 years ago. This was all about showing her little girls that black people can do anything. Like we needed to be lectured on the fact that slaves built her home and now she gets to play in the yard and sleep in the bedrooms. wtf have we come to. And now she wants to show them that women can do anything.And lecture us on the glass ceiling. Teaching her children that you can be all you can be is a noble ambition, except you don't use the space reserved for leader of the free world to do it. Obama has been here for the ride, not the country. And as we witnessed last night it rubbed off on his spouse. Shame on anyone that would vote for that charade, and it's offshoot Hillary and her lying, cheating, cronie laden agenda. Just stop it Democrats, just stop it already.

You have to give it to them though, even the Democrats knew not to put up another minority for President this time around.

All old white people is what they have.

You do not seem to realize that what the US needs is another social-worker lawyer for President.

Wasn't this lawyer sanctioned or something in her career?

John Podhoretz was a speechwriter for Reagan and Bush 41. This is what he said in three tweets about Michelle's speech:

Man can Michelle give a speech. Hoo boy.

Whoever wrote this speech, I salute you. This is how you frame an attack with a scalpel.

As a former speechwriter, all I can do is listen to this and say--WHO WROTE THIS? YOU'RE MAKING US PROUD.

So...thanks, but I'll take his word over yours.

Oh, wait, I forgot! If any conservative or Republican EVER says anything complimentary of anyone name Obama (or Clinton, for that matter), that person must have been pretending to be conservative or Republican all those years...because it's impossible, absolutely impossible that anyone named Obama (or Clinton) could do anything well or anything right, period.

Who said the speech was not a good speech?

I don't even think anybody said her delivery was anything less than good.

What are you on about here?

Close. I mean...he at least has some business sense whereas she was gifted a politically appointed 'job' that paid her a lot and required nothing of her.

Oh...and she has had a 'garden' at the WH...so there is that.

You dont see the trainwreck that your comment is comparing her to Trump? :lamo

Why is that a trainwreck ?

Do you think it reflects poorly on Michelle Obama that basically anyone is as qualified to be president as the GOP presidential nominee ?

You have to give it to them though, even the Democrats knew not to put up another minority for President this time around.

All old white people is what they have.

Old white women are a minority too.

Why is that a trainwreck ?

Do you think it reflects poorly on Michelle Obama that basically anyone is as qualified to be president as the GOP presidential nominee ?
I agree. Michelle would be as much a nightmare as Trump. Good comparison.

Funny, the guy I quoted and responded to fully understood my reference and accepted it as valid - and good on him. You may want to refrain from inserting yourself into a conversation when all you do is embarrass yourself.

No, his ability to wrench a valid argument from your double fallacy (1- erroneous use of the word 'dynasty' with 2- the implied accusation of hypocrisy constituting a personal attack and therefore ad hominem) does not excuse your double fallacy.

Whats not credible? That those are the odds, or that the odds are credible? I was only claiming the former. Those are the odds according to that site.

That link I gave you...that "about" page...gives all their weasel words and basically tells you that their odds numbers don't mean a thing.

Back
Top Bottom