• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

I hope Michelle Obama runs for president someday

No more legacies! We need a new amendment to the Constitution, no legacies in President. If someone in your immediate family was President, you can't be president. There are over 300 million of us, we can find someone else just as qualified without resorting to the same family tree.

I think having a reality show should be a disqualification too then. The President is no job for a "showman".

I think having a reality show should be a disqualification too then. The President is no job for a "showman".

...it really should be. It's a shame that it needs to be stated.

No reality TV stars.

I watched her speech at the DNC, and if "uniting the party" was a prime concern before, it's not now - she gave a heck of a great speech, with heart, passion, and power. What's more, she never once went down the low road of tearing down the GOP candidate. She never once resorted to the schoolyard-brawl tactics of Trump. Instead, she said it best with one line: "When they go low, we go high." And that's precisely what she did.

If I had to choose between Hillary and Michelle, I'd still vote for Hillary...but only because of the breadth of experience and skill that Hillary brings to the table. If Michelle were to follow the same path - if she were to work her way up from state office to US Congress and then run for president, we'd be looking at eight more years of Obamas in the White House.

Good, then she tell us all what to eat for lunch. Not a chance.:lamo

I watched her speech at the DNC, and if "uniting the party" was a prime concern before, it's not now - she gave a heck of a great speech, with heart, passion, and power. What's more, she never once went down the low road of tearing down the GOP candidate. She never once resorted to the schoolyard-brawl tactics of Trump. Instead, she said it best with one line: "When they go low, we go high." And that's precisely what she did.

If I had to choose between Hillary and Michelle, I'd still vote for Hillary...but only because of the breadth of experience and skill that Hillary brings to the table. If Michelle were to follow the same path - if she were to work her way up from state office to US Congress and then run for president, we'd be looking at eight more years of Obamas in the White House.

Michelle Obama vs Ivanka Trump 2024. Hey, whats the worst that could happen?

At some point with this lovely choice we have been given, I suppose I will just become shallow(er) and vote for whom we will have to watch on TV every time there is a Whitehouse event of some kind when they get all duded up in long fitted dresses, etc. VS Hillary in a pant suit and anorexic Bill in a Tux. Anybody notice the size of Hillary's butt lately? Last time I saw Mrs. Clinton in a ball gown she looked like Bette Midler from Hocus Pocus.
There, I said it.

Last edited:
"Oooohhh Shiny!!!" If seh wasn't the First Lady, she wouldn't even be a minor player on the national stage. The same goes for Clinton. Without being a First Lady, she would have never been elected to Congress, been SoS or been a POTUS candidate. Whatever happened to the Left's admiration for strong independent women?? Do you only admire those who follow closely in their husband's footsteps???

:twisted:

John Podhoretz was a speechwriter for Reagan and Bush 41. This is what he said in three tweets about Michelle's speech:

Man can Michelle give a speech. Hoo boy.

Whoever wrote this speech, I salute you. This is how you frame an attack with a scalpel.

As a former speechwriter, all I can do is listen to this and say--WHO WROTE THIS? YOU'RE MAKING US PROUD.

So...thanks, but I'll take his word over yours.

Oh, wait, I forgot! If any conservative or Republican EVER says anything complimentary of anyone name Obama (or Clinton, for that matter), that person must have been pretending to be conservative or Republican all those years...because it's impossible, absolutely impossible that anyone named Obama (or Clinton) could do anything well or anything right, period.

John Podhoretz was a speechwriter for Reagan and Bush 41. This is what he said in three tweets about Michelle's speech:

Whoever wrote this speech, I salute you. This is how you frame an attack with a scalpel.

As a former speechwriter, all I can do is listen to this and say--WHO WROTE THIS? YOU'RE MAKING US PROUD.

Oh, wait, I forgot! If any conservative or Republican EVER says anything complimentary of anyone name Obama (or Clinton, for that matter), that person must have been pretending to be conservative or Republican all those years...because it's impossible, absolutely impossible that anyone named Obama (or Clinton) could do anything well or anything right, period.

Being able to give a speech isn't what makes a person qualified for POTUS. You heard a well delivered and written speech and suddenly you're head over heels in love (politically speaking). So tell me, what is it that you think makes for a good President?? If it's just the ability to deliver a great speech, then I'd ask that you do the nation a favor and burn your voter registration card and lock yourself inside on election day.

Her and Chelsy Clinton on the same team. Yippee! At last world harmony and peace forever.

...it really should be. It's a shame that it needs to be stated.

No reality TV stars.

I'd rather have a reality TV star than a lying, corrupt bitch.

I'd rather have a reality TV star than a lying, corrupt bitch.

There's over 300 million people in the US. We don't have to have either.

Irrelevant.

That's our choices.

Actually, no. I'm voting for neither the liar nor the reality TV star. Gary Johnson, he has experience, he has a political platform that resembles mine, he's not a liar and he's not a reality TV star.

Actually, no. I'm voting for neither the liar nor the reality TV star. Gary Johnson, he has experience, he has a political platform that resembles mine, he's not a liar and he's not a reality TV star.

He also has absolutely no ability to win.

I don't consider that a useful choice.

Ok, up to you. But he is a choice, and a better choice than either of the Republocrat candidates.

If only we were electing a speech giver instead of Executive...

Being able to give a speech isn't what makes a person qualified for POTUS. You heard a well delivered and written speech and suddenly you're head over heels in love (politically speaking). So tell me, what is it that you think makes for a good President?? If it's just the ability to deliver a great speech, then I'd ask that you do the nation a favor and burn your voter registration card and lock yourself inside on election day.

If you were to read what I wrote elsewhere, I said that if Michelle did what Hillary did - go get elected as a senator or representative and serve in Congress for a while, and perhaps hold some other government positions first, I'd happily vote for her. But she needs the experience first.

However, when it comes to choosing someone who's qualified for the office of POTUS, sorry, guy, but considering y'all's current nominee, y'all really don't have a lot of room to talk....

If you were to read what I wrote elsewhere, I said that if Michelle did what Hillary did - go get elected as a senator or representative and serve in Congress for a while, and perhaps hold some other government positions first, I'd happily vote for her. But she needs the experience first.

However, when it comes to choosing someone who's qualified for the office of POTUS, sorry, guy, but considering y'all's current nominee, y'all really don't have a lot of room to talk....

Since I am an independent, it seems both sides (D and R) don't have much room to talk about. :lamo

Your correct Michelle would need experience to make her a valid candidate. Though even with that I doubt I could support her for POTUS. Too much of well the feds can help. That is more hand out programs, ignore illegal immigration, etc.

I dislike both nominees, so even start with "your nominee". Do you think that either Michelle or Hillary would be in a position for you to consider them as POTUS candidates if their husbands hadn't been elected POTUS?? Could they stand on their own merit without having the coattail ride from their husbands???

No, he is currently unlikely to win. If you merely want to vote for the person with the greatest odds, then go be #WithHer.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

No, he is currently unlikely to win. If you merely want to vote for the person with the greatest odds, then go be #WithHer.

I've never said I want to vote for the person with the "greatest odds", but even if I did right now that's not Hillary.

Have you seen the latest poll average?

I've never said I want to vote for the person with the "greatest odds", but even if I did right now that's not Hillary.

Have you seen the latest poll average?
Immediately post Trump Convention bump? Yup. She's still the favorite to win, though she also keeps kneecapping herself. Trump is - despite his best efforts - becoming more likely, though still below 50%.

Really, at this point, they are all less than 50%. The "odds of winning" argument (as poor as it ever is) isn't doing well right now. View for the guy likely to lose, of view for the guy likely to lose.

Immediately post Trump Convention bump? Yup. She's still the favorite to win, though she also keeps kneecapping herself. Trump is - despite his best efforts - becoming more likely, though still below 50%.

Really, at this point, they are all less than 50%. The "odds of winning" argument (as poor as it ever is) isn't doing well right now. View for the guy likely to lose, of view for the guy likely to lose.

As I said..."right now".

Now, you can make all the predictions you want but you cannot say "most likely". There will be many adjustments depending on the conditions in play "right now".

As I said..."right now".

Now, you can make all the predictions you want but you cannot say "most likely". There will be many adjustments depending on the conditions in play "right now".
Okeydoke. Then you can't say Johnson has no chance of winning :)

Okeydoke. Then you can't say Johnson has no chance of winning :)

Sure I can. He's not even in the parking lot of the ballpark the other two are playing in.

Back
Top Bottom