• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I feel weird not watching the SOTU ....

Oh yeah I get it. I wasn’t going to watch, but my mom is visiting and wanted to turn it on just to make fun of him, so I watched it until about 9:45. Couldn’t handle much more. You didn’t miss much. Caravans are coming! Illegal ALIENS! I will build the wall!!!!’ Oh and of course tooting his own horn regarding the economy. Same ole bull, different day ! It was fun watching Nancy though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, but by turning-off early you missed his claiming he saved us from an earlier impending war with North Korea! :lamo

I feel weird not watching the SOTU .... but I just can't deal with that creep now.

I can't say for sure, but it's possible I haven't missed a SOTU since sometime in the 90's. I at least haven't actively avoided one. If I was where I could watch it and I thought of it, I would turn it on, feeling it my civic duty.

But not tonight. You guys enjoy.

It's been on a total of 45 secs tonight. My wife said "f'ker" more times than she did all last year (twice). And she just wanted to see if it ended yet.

I'm safe in my cave, lol.

Damn, was that a dud!

Mitch has probably swallowed another bad clam by now. Trump needs to stay away from virtually all of this foreign policy, military intervention and geopolitics stuff. He is going nowhere in a hurry with the Syria, Afghanistan stuff too as nobody thinks he has any earthly idea what he is talking about.

It's a dumb comment to make, especially when he spent time trading insults with Jong-un via Twitter.
But that's what he does. He causes and escalates a crisis, then later claims he saved the country from the crisis.

Nancy is bored....counting pages remaining again.

I have to give the old bastard credit; he has amazing stamina for a 72 year old. Half of Congress is no better than the attendees at one of Trump’s rallies.

But that's what he does. He causes and escalates a crisis, then later claims he saved the country from the crisis.

Hello, fire department, I want to report a fire........

US politics have become a clown show.........

Presidents used to introduce maybe two special guests in attendance at these things, three tops. Easy applause lines. What is he up to now, ten or more.

I expect Trump to intro his hero Andrew Jackson any minute now.

Alright, Trump went too far IMO with the Synagogue shooting. Given that his rhetoric and the toxic environment he spawns is quite possibly complicit.

But he's being smart here. He's going after the lines of attack the Dems can take on him, and nullifying them here on the House floor. what other choice did Pelosi and the Dems have, but to clap and stand in respect for the cop that went into the synagogue?

What does Nancy have stuck in her teeth?

Hello, fire department, I want to report a fire........

US politics have become a clown show.........
More specifically, they've become a Reality TV Show!

Presidents used to introduce maybe two special guests in attendance at these things, three tops. Easy applause lines. What is he up to now, ten or more.

I expect Trump to intro his hero Andrew Jackson any minute now.

Geez I think he is actually headed for twenty intros.

Come on Donald. You have got to be kidding!

Hijacking D-Day more than once...........**** Trump...

If this is currently his closing (greatness & unity), whoever wrote it did a pretty good job I think.

Edit: Yeah, it was the close and it was well written.

Pelosi trying to keep her eyes propped open now.

If this is currently his closing (greatness & unity), whoever wrote it did a pretty good job I think.

It was controlled for him. That was about the only thing surprising. The "ridiculous partisan investigations" line was horrid. Trump telling this audience that "it just does not work that way" was comical at best.

What was the message, would you say?

Think it will get support from indies? (I didn't watch a second of it...)

I'll check in the morning to see how it played with the dems and his 'base', aka, his (now) party :(:shock:.

While being controlled for him, that was about the most "at political war" SOTU I have ever seen or heard.

No wonder Mitch looked sick to his stomach for the whole thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom