• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I feel weird not watching the SOTU ....

Amelia

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I feel weird not watching the SOTU .... but I just can't deal with that creep now.

I can't say for sure, but it's possible I haven't missed a SOTU since sometime in the 90's. I at least haven't actively avoided one. If I was where I could watch it and I thought of it, I would turn it on, feeling it my civic duty.

But not tonight. You guys enjoy.

I feel weird not watching the SOTU .... but I just can't deal with that creep now.

I can't say for sure, but it's possible I haven't missed a SOTU since sometime in the 90's. I at least haven't actively avoided one. If I was where I could watch it and I thought of it, I would turn it on, feeling it my civic duty.

The real show is currently Pelosi, who's reading while he's talking (no, I'm not kidding).

Rewind an old campaign rally and you are up to speed..........

The real show is currently Pelosi, who's reading while he's talking (no, I'm not kidding).

Glad you're happy with such a blatant self-aggrandizing move. Not surprising.

Glad you're happy with such a blatant self-aggrandizing move. Not surprising.

Trump cheated during the election, is a Russian asset and an illegitimate President. If the worst he did was read during somebody else's speech I would be thrilled.

LOL ... now I'm tempted to turn it on! :lol:

But no .....

Oh come-on in, the water's not so bad. You'll have us! ;)

Rewind an old campaign rally and you are up to speed..........
Yep, the GOP Congress - in their applause - seem identical & interchangeable with the crowd that shows up at his rallies.

I've never watched one. Why would you? I'll get a quick rundown in the AM. In fact I can't remember the last presidential speech I watched. Perhaps it was by JFK during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

she is reading ahead in the speech looking for spots where she might be inclined to applaud. Not too many so far.

Oh come-on in, the water's not so bad. You'll have us! ;)

Desert island for me!

giphy.gif

I swear Pelosi often smiles to herself and looks as if she's trying to hold back laughter.

I swear Pelosi often smiles to herself and looks as if she's trying to hold back laughter.

The sneer of disbelief on her face at "partisan investigations" will be replayed a billion times tomorrow.

she is reading ahead in the speech looking for spots where she might be inclined to applaud. Not too many so far.

In fact I think I can say in confidence that once Pelosi got to the last four pages she decided "OK...this is all the usual Trumpian BS".

Ya, she is old. I am surprised she is still awake.

Oh Geezus, they're now chanting "U.S.A.! U.S.A.!" It is indeed like a rally.

So has anybody heard anything yet that would be standard fair for a SOTU as opposed to a campaign rally speech? I haven't.

More interesting to see the Washington Post live fact checking.

I've never watched one. Why would you? I'll get a quick rundown in the AM. In fact I can't remember the last presidential speech I watched. Perhaps it was by JFK during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I usually want to know what the president is saying ... whether it's a president whose agenda I like or dislike. So, since I want to feel informed, I usually feel an obligation to listen firsthand and not rely on what other people and their biased filters tell me was the takeaway of the night.

I gave Trump a chance in his first two years. I found a couple of positive things in both his first Joint Session speech and his first official SOTU. But ... no ... not tonight.

So has anybody heard anything yet that would be standard fair for a SOTU as opposed to a campaign rally speech? I haven't.
The salutations and initial introductory portion seemed fairly standard fair.

He's really pushing criminal justice now. While it's good politics and deseeved, my cynical side sees him running against law enforcement and setting the table for the pardons and other anti-law-enforcement stuff that will benefit himself and his.

Nancy is trying to keep her troops in line as Trump rolls into his border nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom