• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I don't appreciate it

Not at all - the constant derision and offensive tongue that's lashed out at males in general by countless females who think they know everything about the male of the species.

I am the mother of three boys - and I feel wretched knowing that they're doomed before they start to grow into men by the malicious, snide and immature presumptions and false beliefs held by a large number of women who cast them about without thought or hesitation.

I hope my boys find DECENT women who admire them, find them respect worthy and who don't just assume they're all about raging hormones and have a mental capacity as that of a 15 year old forever. . . because even now I can tell they will be well rounded, respectful adults and I hope that others see that later on in life - and even now.

And some women complain that men are pigs. :roll: Takes one to know one, apparently.

Us men have struck back though AS.. We conservative men are currently knee deep in a war on woman.. They'll get what's coming to them those evil women.. :)

Tim-

Auntie, the problem you speak of is a plague in my generation. An absolute plague.

I suspect it's the result of the pendulum swinging back, as it often does in situations where an underclass suddenly finds itself with its rights restored. The resent and unpleasantness often takes generations to die down. We're stilling dealing with it in racial relations, and I suspect that in 20 or 30 years we'll be dealing with it with gay people as well. It's a human thing.

But it's really heartbreaking to see. A lot of the best guys live with this internal self-loathing simply for having a penis. It's like they've been taught that all desires they may have are inherently rape should they act on them, and that everything they may say towards a woman is inherently demeaning. I struggle to think of a single guy I know under 25 who doesn't have that to some degree, and even most under 30.

I see both men and women perpetuating stereotypes about each other, though. The "women are incapable of logic" stereotype holds strong, with both men and women espousing it. And the "men are mindless hormone machines" stereotype is picking up speed, and again, with both men and women espousing it.

It's hard in the social environment we currently have with such badly broken gender politics, but men need to insist on their own self-worth as much as women do.

There are still genuine pigs and assholes out there, of course. There are also still kind women who treat men as they'd like to be treated. For what it's worth, I try my best.

P.S. Something else I've noticed that's pretty horrifying. There was an aspect to the feminist movement that is sometimes called the "orgasm revolution." Essentially, a lot of women felt they were being used during sex rather than their partners giving their pleasure any thought. The purpose of this was to bring attention to the female orgasm and mutual sexual relationships.

I'm starting to think men need an "orgasm revolution." I don't know if this is a new thing, but I would be inclined to think so. I have known a lot of younger guys who would rarely, if ever, get to orgasm during sexual activity with their partners. It just wasn't important to her, and therefore wasn't important in their sex lives. And they, being nice guys who were a bit psychologically stunted towards the opposite sex, simply put up with it.

I want to bludgeon people every time a guy tells me that. What's sad is that I've had several partners who have told me that about their sexual history.
Wow, reading this post makes me glad I am not coming of age during this time. Just too much damn complication anymore. It used to be that when people would hook up, they felt better about themselves. IDK what exactly is the cause of this current trend, although at a point as I have stated before, I do blame guys for a lot of their plight. They have to stop feeling sorry for themselves and get up and go take care of business. RT made some great replies to this post. Being manly just is. Its an individual thing. Its about who you are, not what you do.

The nice guys need to stop the pity trips. They do these great things then look for applause and the seal of approval. You don't have to be a butt hole to have confidence in yourself and know that you are good at something.

A man's life is not supposed to be and never has been an easy one. That doesn't mean it can't be a fulfilling one. Real women know the difference and will appreciate this.

I'll say it now - before anyone does it - but I didn't start this thread to invite the reverse.

Wow, reading this post makes me glad I am not coming of age during this time. Just too much damn complication anymore. It used to be that when people would hook up, they felt better about themselves. IDK what exactly is the cause of this current trend, although at a point as I have stated before, I do blame guys for a lot of their plight. They have to stop feeling sorry for themselves and get up and go take care of business. RT made some great replies to this post. Being manly just is. Its an individual thing. Its about who you are, not what you do.

The nice guys need to stop the pity trips. They do these great things then look for applause and the seal of approval. You don't have to be a butt hole to have confidence in yourself and know that you are good at something.

A man's life is not supposed to be and never has been an easy one. That doesn't mean it can't be a fulfilling one. Real women know the difference and will appreciate this.

Ok serious now.. I have felt for a long time that the difference between conservative men and liberal men is in how we "handle" ourselves with our wives. Although we conservatives will sometimes agree to something we fundamentally disagree with, our wives know that for us to do so, was of significance. The converse with a liberal man is that their wives generally don't care what they think.

Tim-

I'll say it now - before anyone does it - but I didn't start this thread to invite the reverse.

I don't speak of all women, just that certain type. The kind that think they're queen of the universe, and expect everyone to do everything for them while they contribute nothing, and talk **** all day about their man, who is working his ass off to give her the things she does not deserve. They'll cheat on a whim, too, and still guilt trip the poor bastard those devious succubi have sunk their fangs into. They're one of the worst kinds of people.

The three brave dudes who died in Aurora, Colo. shielding their girlfriends from bullets should be all the evidence that's needed to disprove the "all guys are the same" crap.

No, the guys YOU happen to get yourself involved with are all jerks. Maybe that says something about your decision-making, not so much about guys. :2mad:

Sounds to me that both younger men and women need to be dating older men and women. Y'all need to get all Beatles on each other and "Come Together". I'm damned amazed.

There's definitely something different about older men in my experience. But the men my age who have somehow managed not to get too mired in this are some very fine men indeed, and amazing partners who have a lot of consideration and awareness. My top two are, respectively, 2 years my junior, and 11 years my senior.

Perhaps, it's a generational thing for both sexes, Smoke. Self-identity and gender awareness.

I think it's definitely more confused in my generation. People are either on the right-hand fringe and don't want to admit variation exists, or they feel like there's something wrong with them for admitting they're just an average Joe/Jane and they have to be queer to be enlightened.

How is that even possible? I can't conceive of dating in that kind of world. My (formally) young ass would have headed for parts unknown. I'd be steady looking for a normal country, with normal women.

Some of us are working on it, believe me. But people weren't so normal in your heyday either. Just another kind of messed up. I'd say on the whole, the problems that exist now are easy to address on an interpersonal level and I've had a lot of success with that, but hard to address on a social level because the only face of male issues we ever see are the crazy ones.

That was a great post, Smoke. I'm stunned. I see Auntie's post in an entirely different light now. Wow!

Happy to be of service, from here in 20-something land.

Not at all - the constant derision and offensive tongue that's lashed out at males in general by countless females who think they know everything about the male of the species.

I am the mother of three boys - and I feel wretched knowing that they're doomed before they start to grow into men by the malicious, snide and immature presumptions and false beliefs held by a large number of women who cast them about without thought or hesitation.

I hope my boys find DECENT women who admire them, find them respect worthy and who don't just assume they're all about raging hormones and have a mental capacity as that of a 15 year old forever. . . because even now I can tell they will be well rounded, respectful adults and I hope that others see that later on in life - and even now.

And some women complain that men are pigs. :roll: Takes one to know one, apparently.

The answer is to write-off/ignore such women (or other people regardless of gender).

Would you say that you have daddy issues?

No, I have no Daddy issues. I have issues with men who don't know how to take care of women. I've dated more than one older man, and I just found that older men have been around the block more, are confident in their abilities in the bedroom, and generally have less drama in their lives.

No, I have no Daddy issues. I have issues with men who don't know how to take care of women. I've dated more than one older man, and I just found that older men have been around the block more, are confident in their abilities in the bedroom, and generally have less drama in their lives.

And what if they had all that but financial stability, would it still be the same? I am just curious.

The three brave dudes who died in Aurora, Colo. shielding their girlfriends from bullets should be all the evidence that's needed to disprove the "all guys are the same" crap.

No, the guys YOU happen to get yourself involved with are all jerks. Maybe that says something about your decision-making, not so much about guys. :2mad:
And what about the male that ran away and got into his car and drove off leaving his fiance and kids there?

For some guys, shielding their loved ones comes naturally. For some there are flight and for some there is fight.

And what if they had all that but financial stability, would it still be the same? I am just curious.

Yup. It's not even about money. My husband isn't wealthy, and never will be. It's about the fact that he makes me feel safe and protected, and loved, and that's something that money can't buy.

And what about the male that ran away and got into his car and drove off leaving his fiance and kids there?

For some guys, shielding their loved ones comes naturally. For some there are flight and for some there is fight.

Yeah, but that's beside the point. The point I was getting at was that the "all guys are ignorant stupid jerks" mantra is false.

The answer is to write-off/ignore such women (or other people regardless of gender).

Not everyone wears it on their sleeve - if they did things would be easy and simple.

Back
Top Bottom