• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I believe this study on conservative but to go a little deeper But what does it mean

Re: I believe this study on conservative but to go a little deeper But what does it

No I try to tell everyone that because it is true and there is endless support for the premise, did you find out how stupid your president was and what a monstrous lie Bush the baby killer told to fatten his billfold, Halliburtan and Carlyle and monstrous non bid contract in Iraq and Afghanistan, Millions went into the president and vice presidents pockets. Did you look up Curveball Like I said, read it and come back with a review for everyone to see.

Once again, you seem to be basing the idea that Bush "lied" on a single source. One who, I might add, the Germans didn't even want to allow US access to. You also don't seem to understand the concept that even if Saddam didn't have a bioweapons plant, he did have chemical weapons and he'd been working on nuclear weapons.

But your a partisan hack, so nothing I say is going to get through your little wall.

Re: I believe this study on conservative but to go a little deeper But what does it

Once again, you seem to be basing the idea that Bush "lied" on a single source. One who, I might add, the Germans didn't even want to allow US access to. You also don't seem to understand the concept that even if Saddam didn't have a bioweapons plant, he did have chemical weapons and he'd been working on nuclear weapons.

But your a partisan hack, so nothing I say is going to get through your little wall.
Do you know why the united nations inspected for these items. They were given a list by the regime on where the WMD were that they knew about., He had them for one simple reason, Reagan gave them to Iraq to kill Iranians and instruction how to make them also. The inspector went to all the place listed and took the ones that could be moved and left the ones that could not be moved to be picket up by special weapons unit that does this.. War starts, soldiers find stockpile of weapons, report them and make regressive happy dance but to find out they were the ones that were left purposely by the inspector. Without your bull**** and distortions your party wouldn't even exist. Mr. Partisan hack.
If you like I'll bring up the video of Cheney saying there was no weapons of mass destruction and Bush saying there was no WMD. So with that in mind who's the partisan hack. I mean really Cheney and Bush admitting to it on video isn't enough for you regressives partisan hacks, them what would be.

You people can't make a argument without a lying premise to support your **** position, I never said there was only one source, you needed to add that yourself to be able to make any argument at all, Without bull**** and distortion your party wouldn't even exist. I simply pointed out curve ball to show you how deep your **** heroes would go to lie to start a war for the sake of their pocket books.

Last edited:

It's not a rebuttal, it's a retraction and correction. I wonder whether your researchers were relying on the (now retracted) paper as a guide?
Not even close , I gave you the DOI number what else do I have to do to hold your hand. To repeat myselt there are about 30 supporting studies, you are as ugly as they say. They even said it nicely for you poor paranoids .

So those people who are fearful of global warming, vaccines causing autism, a return to back alley abortions, reintroduction of Jim Crow laws, etc. are conservatives?
Funny, do you think they will get it.

It's not a rebuttal, it's a retraction and correction. I wonder whether your researchers were relying on the (now retracted) paper as a guide?
Sure it's a retraction, two years before the study I'm talking about. I guess I'll have to explain this to you regressives you can't print a retraction or a rebuttal before the paper is written.I am surprised you regressives didn't know that.

Not even close , I gave you the DOI number what else do I have to do to hold your hand. To repeat myselt there are about 30 supporting studies, you are as ugly as they say. They even said it nicely for you poor paranoids .

Hmmm. I'd have to say you're undermining your own thesis about ugliness.

Sure it's a retraction, two years before the study I'm talking about. I guess I'll have to explain this to you regressives you can't print a retraction or a rebuttal before the paper is written.I am surprised you regressives didn't know that.

The retraction is quite recent. The data are the data.

Do you know why the united nations inspected for these items. They were given a list by the regime on where the WMD were that they knew about., He had them for one simple reason, Reagan gave them to Iraq to kill Iranians and instruction how to make them also. The inspector went to all the place listed and took the ones that could be moved and left the ones that could not be moved to be picket up by special weapons unit that does this.. War starts, soldiers find stockpile of weapons, report them and make regressive happy dance but to find out they were the ones that were left purposely by the inspector. Without your bull**** and distortions your party wouldn't even exist. Mr. Partisan hack.
If you like I'll bring up the video of Cheney saying there was no weapons of mass destruction and Bush saying there was no WMD. So with that in mind who's the partisan hack. I mean really Cheney and Bush admitting to it on video isn't enough for you regressives partisan hacks, them what would be.

You really need to make up your damn mind. Either there were WMDs(chemical weapons) or there weren't.

The retraction is quite recent. The data are the data.
Giberish, the retraction to my comments was 2 years before my comment was written. The year is on your source page . Do you understand , you can't respond to the study I pointed out ,two years before it was written. Try to think real hard you'll get it soon I'm sure.

You really need to make up your damn mind. Either there were WMDs(chemical weapons) or there weren't.
There were no WMD we didn't know about. Einstein read this slowly, Both Bush and Cheney admitted on video that there were no weapons of mass destruction ,all had been accounted for but they started a war over it anyway. Saying that Saddam was still hiding them. He was hiding nothing.

Hey I see your little tank for a Avatar, are you one of the bang bang heroes that I'm always arguing with , all these armed heroes , that end up shooting themselves in the foot way more often then they get a chance to defend themselves with their toys. Are you one of those??????

Hey I see your little tank for a Avatar, are you one of the bang bang heroes that I'm always arguing with , all these armed heroes , that end up shooting themselves in the foot way more often then they get a chance to defend themselves with their toys. Are you one of those??????

I see you have mastered the art of the stereotype. Good job:roll:

There were no WMD we didn't know about. Einstein read this slowly, Both Bush and Cheney admitted on video that there were no weapons of mass destruction ,all had been accounted for but they started a war over it anyway. Saying that Saddam was still hiding them. He was hiding nothing.

And you know this......how? Did Saddam personally inform you that he wasn't hiding anything?

When it comes to intelligence, many times its a best guesstimate. We thought we knew the locations of his arsenals but there was no way of knowing with 100% accuracy, especially since he moved them around a lot.

On a "positive" note, the best guess is that Saddam sent his chemical weapons into Syria.

Giberish, the retraction to my comments was 2 years before my comment was written. The year is on your source page . Do you understand , you can't respond to the study I pointed out ,two years before it was written. Try to think real hard you'll get it soon I'm sure.

The retraction notice was written on 7 June 2016.

Tracking retractions as a window into the scientific process

[h=2]Conservative political beliefs not linked to psychotic traits, as study claimed[/h] with 10 comments

Researchers have fixed a number of papers after mistakenly reporting that people who hold conservative political beliefs are more likely to exhibit traits associated with psychoticism, such as authoritarianism and tough-mindedness.
As one of the notices specifies, now it appears that liberal political beliefs are linked with psychoticism. That paper also swapped ideologies when reporting on people higher in neuroticism and social desirability (falsely claiming that you have socially desirable qualities); the original paper said those traits are linked with liberal beliefs, but they are more common among people with conservative values.
We’re not clear how much the corrections should inform our thinking about politics and personality traits, however, because it’s not clear from the paper how strongly those two are linked. The authors claim that the strength of the links are not important, as they do not affect the main conclusions of the papers — although some personality traits appear to correlate with political beliefs, one doesn’t cause the other, nor vice versa.
In total, three papers have been corrected by authors, and a correction has been submitted on one more.
We’ll start with an erratum that explains the backstory of the error in detail. It appears on “Correlation not Causation: The Relationship between Personality Traits and Political Ideologies,” published by the American Journal of Political Science: Read the rest of this entry »

Written by Shannon Palus
June 7th, 2016 at 9:35 am

Posted in Am J Political Science,corrections,data issues,elsevier,erroneous data,freely available,J Theoretical Politics,methodological problems,Personality Indiv Diff,plos,plos one,psychiatry,psychology,sage,united states,wiley

I see you have mastered the art of the stereotype. Good job:roll:
I asked you a simple question. but I will admit I don't come here to make friends.

I asked you a simple question. but I will admit I don't come here to make friends.

Not only did you pose said question in the most insulting way possible, you also doubled down on the stereotype.

If you actually want to ask a question instead of typing something so you can slap yourself on the back, go ahead.

Jack this is to you ---m J Pol Sci. 2012;56(1):34-51.
Correlation not causation: the relationship between personality traits and political ideologies" Here is the study I'm quoting Behavioral and Brain Sciences - Abstract - Differences in negativity bias underlie variations in political ideology They are two different studies done at two different times. To repeat myself "You people are so full of bull****, the study I pointed out was done by John Hibbing u of Nebraska, supported by John Jost New York University, Matt Motyl from U of Virginia and Ravi Iyer from USC , You won't find any of those names in your bull**** rebuttal. The paper your referring to is from 2012 my article is from 2014 and after so what your trying to sell is they responded to studies that were made two years after their rebuttal. By the way there are 30 supporting papers and studies after Hibbings. "Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2014
DOI: Behavioral and Brain Sciences - Abstract - Differences in negativity bias underlie variations in political ideology (About DOI), "" Do you understand???????? the rebuttal your pointing out is to a different study then the one I'm talking about, There are two, again two studies The one your referring to and the one I'm referring to. Mine was written by John Hibbings , yours wasn't. Get it yet????

And you know this......how? Did Saddam personally inform you that he wasn't hiding anything?

When it comes to intelligence, many times its a best guesstimate. We thought we knew the locations of his arsenals but there was no way of knowing with 100% accuracy, especially since he moved them around a lot.

On a "positive" note, the best guess is that Saddam sent his chemical weapons into Syria.
No I took Cheneys and Bush the baby killers video response saying there was no weapons of mass destruction and that they were wrong about it. They say the were wrong , I say they lied to get us into a war that coincidentally Cheney and Bush made Millions over with non bid contracts for Carlyle group and Halliburton.

Jack this is to you ---m J Pol Sci. 2012;56(1):34-51.
Correlation not causation: the relationship between personality traits and political ideologies" Here is the study I'm quoting Behavioral and Brain Sciences - Abstract - Differences in negativity bias underlie variations in political ideology They are two different studies done at two different times. To repeat myself "You people are so full of bull****, the study I pointed out was done by John Hibbing u of Nebraska, supported by John Jost New York University, Matt Motyl from U of Virginia and Ravi Iyer from USC , You won't find any of those names in your bull**** rebuttal. The paper your referring to is from 2012 my article is from 2014 and after so what your trying to sell is they responded to studies that were made two years after their rebuttal. By the way there are 30 supporting papers and studies after Hibbings. "Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2014
DOI: Behavioral and Brain Sciences - Abstract - Differences in negativity bias underlie variations in political ideology (About DOI), "" Do you understand???????? the rebuttal your pointing out is to a different study then the one I'm talking about, There are two, again two studies The one your referring to and the one I'm referring to. Mine was written by John Hibbings , yours wasn't. Get it yet????

It's not a rebuttal, and I don't care whether it concerns your study. I'm pointing out the shaky ground on which such claims stand.

In 2002 Hillary Clinton said Sadaam Hussein was giving aid and confort to Al Qaeda

In 1998, Bill Clinton said Sadaam Hussein had spent the last 10 years building up his weapons of mass destruction arsenal

As for your videos. I ask that you provide some proof and or post a link tp these videos

No I took Cheneys and Bush the baby killers video response saying there was no weapons of mass destruction and that they were wrong about it. They say the were wrong , I say they lied to get us into a war that coincidentally Cheney and Bush made Millions over with non bid contracts for Carlyle group and Halliburton.

Bill Clinton gave Halliburton their first " No Bid Contract "

Yep, for his Kosovo campaign.

It's not a rebuttal, and I don't care whether it concerns your study. I'm pointing out the shaky ground on which such claims stand.
Except that's not what happened is it, You came in here and said that my study , the whole point of this thread was overridden/retracted by a someone saying they made a mistake on the study, one minor minor detail, Your information was about another study other then mine. And Now your twisting and turning to distort everything about this study, to get around one simple fact. you simply don't know what your talking about. Sorry buddy You can't come in here and say my study is bad/wrong or anything because of what happened in another totally different study. Your stretching it even a little far for a regressive.

Except that's not what happened is it, You came in here and said that my study , the whole point of this thread was overridden/retracted by a someone saying they made a mistake on the study, one minor minor detail, Your information was about another study other then mine. And Now your twisting and turning to distort everything about this study, to get around one simple fact. you simply don't know what your talking about. Sorry buddy You can't come in here and say my study is bad/wrong or anything because of what happened in another totally different study. Your stretching it even a little far for a regressive.

Since your OP included no link, there was no way to tell what your study was. I'm pointing out that the field is prone to error.

"There is by now evidence from a variety of laboratories around the world using a variety of methodological techniques leading to the virtually inescapable conclusion that the cognitive-motivational styles of leftists and rightists are quite different. This research consistently finds that conservatism is positively associated with heightened pessimistic concerns for order, structure, closure, certainty, consistency, simplicity, and familiarity, as well as existential concerns such as perceptions of danger, sensitivity to threat, and death anxiety" To me this fits perfectly into my own thoughts of what makes a conservative, First correlated studies show that the older you get the more like it is that your a regressive. These are my opinion on what this means, First it shows that you got old and gave up, it shows why it is the old white mans party, It shows that they can't be dragged into the century they live in. It shows that they have become paranoid and think negatively on most things, they are scared of change and are threatened by everything from gays , the poor, the Muslims, Mexicans, government, government workers , education, teachers, women. So they are all joined together in opposition to these groups. They have become bitter , old and paranoid and they have never been this ugly in my lifetime (70 years). They, the regressive party, used all these negatives to capture this group of people but created a monster that they can't control, Their hate rhetoric ended up having a mind of it's own , moved faster then they could even keep up to and become totally uncontrollable.

I am not much of a prayer, but if I were, I would be a mumbling fool while kneeling beside my bed tonight asking the great father to make you well again.

Back
Top Bottom