• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I believe this study on conservative but to go a little deeper But what does it mean

Re: I believe this study on conservative but to go a little deeper But what does it

There's a big difference, my comment is true, yours is garbage. I've literally been successful at almost everything I've done in my life and my peer group are no different. Me wanting to prevent others from doing anything is ridiculous. I know of no one that helps in supporting other peoples interests more then me, in fact that is the business I'm in. So garbage in garbage out.

"Cant ban immigration from Islamic/3rd world nations, that not fair that some nations get to be better then others"
"Cant allow school vouchers and choice because them some kids would get ahead while others fail, that is not right"
"Cant allow people to own some kind of guns because my emotions dictate my views and actions over logic"
"Cant allow people to suffer the outcomes of their actions because that is 'racist" or "mean", we need to take from others to be "fair".

Re: I believe this study on conservative but to go a little deeper But what does it

"Cant ban immigration from Islamic/3rd world nations, that not fair that some nations get to be better then others"
"Cant allow school vouchers and choice because them some kids would get ahead while others fail, that is not right"
"Cant allow people to own some kind of guns because my emotions dictate my views and actions over logic"
"Cant allow people to suffer the outcomes of their actions because that is 'racist" or "mean", we need to take from others to be "fair".
Every point you made is **** and your simply caught up in the monothink of your stupid party,Good old FOX CRAP NEWS AND RUSH FATTY, You belong a party that will destroy this country and it's values if it doesn't get its way. You people are the true enemy of this country. To boot your talking points are so boring that anyone in their right mind would be lulled to sleep.

"There is by now evidence from a variety of laboratories around the world using a variety of methodological techniques leading to the virtually inescapable conclusion that the cognitive-motivational styles of leftists and rightists are quite different. This research consistently finds that conservatism is positively associated with heightened pessimistic concerns for order, structure, closure, certainty, consistency, simplicity, and familiarity, as well as existential concerns such as perceptions of danger, sensitivity to threat, and death anxiety" To me this fits perfectly into my own thoughts of what makes a conservative, First correlated studies show that the older you get the more like it is that your a regressive. These are my opinion on what this means, First it shows that you got old and gave up, it shows why it is the old white mans party, It shows that they can't be dragged into the century they live in. It shows that they have become paranoid and think negatively on most things, they are scared of change and are threatened by everything from gays , the poor, the Muslims, Mexicans, government, government workers , education, teachers, women. So they are all joined together in opposition to these groups. They have become bitter , old and paranoid and they have never been this ugly in my lifetime (70 years). They, the regressive party, used all these negatives to capture this group of people but created a monster that they can't control, Their hate rhetoric ended up having a mind of it's own , moved faster then they could even keep up to and become totally uncontrollable.

Let's include the information about liberals as well:
According to Haidt’s research, there are five things people care about:

avoidance of harm
fairness
loyalty
authority
sanctity
Conservatives care about all five in equal measure and liberals care about only the first two.
There is also a sixth term, which both sides care about in equal measure: liberty. However, conservatives and liberals see the word as meaning two completely different things, according to the author.

Conservatives tend to view liberty as the notion of being left alone to pursue happiness in whatever way they choose. Liberals tend to view it as the act of creating a level playing field for society’s most vulnerable individuals.

I see it differently but appreciate your point, you get old, get jaded and give up and hide in a corner. That's fine but to make everyone else have to live that way because of these negative political beliefs is not OK. To be honest the 2016 jading is ugly , unhealthy, bad for the country , self centered, hateful and just wrong. So What the 2016 conservitives have to offer is the worst thing we could do for this country. Personally I'm old but still don't want to live under the ugliness of the right and there master and head of their party Donald Trump, they made him, they earned him they deserve him an he is the party, every little corner of his ugliness is the right. The price to go though this to implement the few positive things about your 2016 party isn't worth it.

I'm getting old and about ready to retire. I am not gripped by the fears you ascribe to me as a part of a group that you seem to feel describes me.

I have taken care to get ready for the upcoming change in my life from employed to retired and see this as a new adventure. I've been fortunate to have found a wonderful woman who shares my desire to explore and grow as we age. She also shares the same idea that preparing for the future includes sacrifice in the present. Also that exploring museums, the theater, attending sporting events and meeting new people with interesting ideas are great things.

Being aware of pitfalls and being gripped by fear of them are very different things.

My party? Do you mean the Democrat/Republican party? I group them together because they exist to allow each other to continue to exist. Do you wonder why the Democrats are making so much noise about Gun control right now? Do you also wonder why the didn't do jack when they had a veto proof majority and the White House in their control?

Do you wonder why the Republicans give lip service to many of the talking points that Trump gives voice to and then run in the opposite direction when he talks abut them?

Our political parties work in concert and only advance the wedge issues to distract the willing.

The National Debt will have doubled under another President. Again. Different parties. Same result.

Our two political parties are in competition much in the same way that Professional Wrestlers are in competition. Who wins makes no difference as long as the fans continue to buy the tickets.

Back
Top Bottom