• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I believe this study on conservative but to go a little deeper But what does it mean

Re: I believe this study on conservative but to go a little deeper But what does it

Couldn't be because I never said Saddam never had chemical weapons. You right though that he never supported terorist, simply because that would be committing suicide because he and his country was a very liberal Muslim country. The terrorist would have killed him themselves if they had the chance. But there are stupid people out there that make up all kind of stupid stories.

He did though. He supported the MEK during the Iran-Iraq War, just for starters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Mujahedin_of_Iran

Saddam was more then willing to arm other Islamist groups. A lot of ex Mukhabaret guys have high ranking posts in ISIS

Re: I believe this study on conservative but to go a little deeper But what does it

Fearful of the new direction when all you and your party offers is it's destruction of the country seems quite normal to totally appose, I find them to be the biggest threat to our country and the core belief. The party that has it's leader being a **** head like Trump. Can't ever be good for this country. Your hate bought this ****head , he's all yours you own him and deserve him, you and you party are him. That slime level hasn't been seen in ages.

Ah, well, you made my point again.

"There is by now evidence from a variety of laboratories around the world using a variety of methodological techniques leading to the virtually inescapable conclusion that the cognitive-motivational styles of leftists and rightists are quite different. This research consistently finds that conservatism is positively associated with heightened pessimistic concerns for order, structure, closure, certainty, consistency, simplicity, and familiarity, as well as existential concerns such as perceptions of danger, sensitivity to threat, and death anxiety" To me this fits perfectly into my own thoughts of what makes a conservative, First correlated studies show that the older you get the more like it is that your a regressive. These are my opinion on what this means, First it shows that you got old and gave up, it shows why it is the old white mans party, It shows that they can't be dragged into the century they live in. It shows that they have become paranoid and think negatively on most things, they are scared of change and are threatened by everything from gays , the poor, the Muslims, Mexicans, government, government workers , education, teachers, women. So they are all joined together in opposition to these groups. They have become bitter , old and paranoid and they have never been this ugly in my lifetime (70 years). They, the regressive party, used all these negatives to capture this group of people but created a monster that they can't control, Their hate rhetoric ended up having a mind of it's own , moved faster then they could even keep up to and become totally uncontrollable.

If what you say here is true then why does it not apply across all races and sexes? Why do you single out "old white men"? I sure hope that you're not indicating that only "white men" are susceptible to this and that all other races and genders are not. Because that would be both sexist AND racist....Assuming that what you say here is true.

He did though. He supported the MEK during the Iran-Iraq War, just for starters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Mujahedin_of_Iran

Saddam was more then willing to arm other Islamist groups. A lot of ex Mukhabaret guys have high ranking posts in ISIS
First the MEK isn't a terrorist group, read your own source, in all probability they are being Finance by Israel and us. The Israel part opinion has multiple supporter and Personally I think we supported them because they were a group put together to Overthrow Iran. If your suggesting its so because Bush said so, then your not much of a thinker. " "Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda link allegations were made by the U.S. Government officials who claimed that a highly secretive relationship existed between former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and the radical Islamist militant organization Al-Qaeda from 1992 to 2003, specifically through a series of meetings reportedly involving the Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS).[1] In the lead up to the Iraq War, U.S. President George W. Bush alleged that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and militant group al-Qaeda might conspire to launch terrorist attacks on the United States,[2] basing the administration's rationale for war, in part, on this allegation and others. The consensus of intelligence experts has been that these contacts never led to an operational relationship, and that consensus is backed up by reports from the independent 9/11 Commission and by declassified Defense Department reports[3] as well as by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, whose 2006 report of Phase II of its investigation into prewar intelligence reports concluded that there was no evidence of ties between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda.[4] Critics of the Bush Administration have said Bush was intentionally building a case for war with Iraq without regard to factual evidence. On April 29, 2007, former Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet said on 60 Minutes, "We could never verify that there was any Iraqi authority, direction and control, complicity with al-Qaeda for 9/11 or any operational act against America, period" May I quote the right wing hero Himself leader of the conservitive party Donald Trump " If you had Saddam Hussein - who was a bad guy and all of that, but he made a living off killing terrorists "Here is a list of people who say it isn't a terorist group "Onstage next to former FBI director Louis Freeh sat Ed Rendell, the former Democratic governor of Pennsylvania and current MSNBC talking head; former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean; former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Hugh Shelton; former Secretary of Veterans Affairs Togo West; former State Department Director of Policy Planning Mitchell Reiss; former Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. James T. Conway; Anita McBride, the former chief of staff to First Lady Laura Bush; and Sarah Sewall, a Harvard professor who sits on a corporate board with Reiss.

All told, at least 33 high-ranking former U.S. officials have given speeches to MEK-friendly audiences since December of last year as part of more than 22 events in Washington, Brussels, London, Paris and Berlin. W" What was the Agenda of this meeting to take the MEK of the terrorist list. This is simply one of the endless lies that come from the Bush administration, from his secret sources. If you want to know about his secret sources simply look up code name "curveball" you want to see how far Bush and his cabinet were willing to go for the Non Bid contracts for Halibutan and the Carlyle Group and many of its offshoots. all non bid contract that made Bush and Cheney millions. Look up " Curveball" You will find out what suckers Bush thought the people of this country where.

If what you say here is true then why does it not apply across all races and sexes? Why do you single out "old white men"? I sure hope that you're not indicating that only "white men" are susceptible to this and that all other races and genders are not. Because that would be both sexist AND racist....Assuming that what you say here is true.
This routine from the regressives is getting old, all democrats are bigoted and sexist, ya you bet , you can try to twist it any way you want. That title goes to the regressives along with many other hate motivated actions and words.

First the MEK isn't a terrorist group, read your own source, in all probability they are being Finance by Israel and us. The Israel part opinion has multiple supporter and Personally I think we supported them because they were a group put together to Overthrow Iran. If your suggesting its so because Bush said so, then your not much of a thinker. " "Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda link allegations were made by the U.S. Government officials who claimed that a highly secretive relationship existed between former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and the radical Islamist militant organization Al-Qaeda from 1992 to 2003, specifically through a series of meetings reportedly involving the Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS).[1] In the lead up to the Iraq War, U.S. President George W. Bush alleged that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and militant group al-Qaeda might conspire to launch terrorist attacks on the United States,[2] basing the administration's rationale for war, in part, on this allegation and others. The consensus of intelligence experts has been that these contacts never led to an operational relationship, and that consensus is backed up by reports from the independent 9/11 Commission and by declassified Defense Department reports[3] as well as by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, whose 2006 report of Phase II of its investigation into prewar intelligence reports concluded that there was no evidence of ties between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda.[4] Critics of the Bush Administration have said Bush was intentionally building a case for war with Iraq without regard to factual evidence. On April 29, 2007, former Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet said on 60 Minutes, "We could never verify that there was any Iraqi authority, direction and control, complicity with al-Qaeda for 9/11 or any operational act against America, period" May I quote the right wing hero Himself leader of the conservitive party Donald Trump " If you had Saddam Hussein - who was a bad guy and all of that, but he made a living off killing terrorists "Here is a list of people who say it isn't a terorist group "Onstage next to former FBI director Louis Freeh sat Ed Rendell, the former Democratic governor of Pennsylvania and current MSNBC talking head; former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean; former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Hugh Shelton; former Secretary of Veterans Affairs Togo West; former State Department Director of Policy Planning Mitchell Reiss; former Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. James T. Conway; Anita McBride, the former chief of staff to First Lady Laura Bush; and Sarah Sewall, a Harvard professor who sits on a corporate board with Reiss.

All told, at least 33 high-ranking former U.S. officials have given speeches to MEK-friendly audiences since December of last year as part of more than 22 events in Washington, Brussels, London, Paris and Berlin. W" What was the Agenda of this meeting to take the MEK of the terrorist list. This is simply one of the endless lies that come from the Bush administration, from his secret sources. If you want to know about his secret sources simply look up code name "curveball" you want to see how far Bush and his cabinet were willing to go for the Non Bid contracts for Halibutan and the Carlyle Group and many of its offshoots. all non bid contract that made Bush and Cheney millions. Look up " Curveball" You will find out what suckers Bush thought the people of this country where.

The MEK operated against Ayatollah Khomieni's regime throughout the Iran-Iraq War. They war terrorists. Enemy of my enemy domestic change that. The Muhajedeen in Afghanistan were terrorists yet we still supplied them. Of course, nobody figured the Taliban would come along years down the road.

Many members of Saddam's secret police, the Mukhabaret, are now key ISIS commanders. That doesn't happen by accident or coincidence.

Saddam also helped armed Palestinean terrorist groups. He also gave arms and supplies to the PKK

This routine from the regressives is getting old, all democrats are bigoted and sexist, ya you bet , you can try to twist it any way you want. That title goes to the regressives along with many other hate motivated actions and words.

Oh the irony in your post! :roll:

First, I didn't say bigoted. I said racist and sexist. Second I'm talking about the fact that you are claiming that only white males apply to your stated belief. That only white males, particularly once they are "old" are "regressive". And by "regressive" you of course mean racist, gender biased against females, are homophobic, and pretty much every other nasty thing that a lib thinks that they can say towards people that don't agree with them. It is the fact that you're only applying this to "old white males". And it is a fact that going by the definitions of both sexism and racist, you are making both a racist and sexist statement. Surely as a liberal (and liberals LOVE to portray themselves as being completely politically correct and against sexist and racist statements/acts) you can recognize the truth of this? Liberals ARE the Masters at Understanding Racism and Sexism.....right? :roll:

And yes, continually getting called a racist and sexist and pretty much every other politically dirty name in the book JUST because I'm a white male is getting VERY old. Particularly when people tell me that only I, a white male, am not only just capable of those things, but I AM those things regardless of reality or facts... and all while saying it is impossible for every other race and sex to be those things.

Your OP is bunk. Hyper partisan racist and sexist garbage that I wouldn't feed to a dirt mite if it were even possible.

Woopy ding, I just don't care what you think anyways. I respect and like to relate to people that have a ounce of intelligence, they other people are there for my pleasure and entertainment. I find them funny.

:roll:

Well, I guess we have something in common.

Fearful of the new direction when all you and your party offers is it's destruction of the country seems quite normal to totally appose, I find them to be the biggest threat to our country and the core belief. The party that has it's leader being a **** head like Trump. Can't ever be good for this country. Your hate bought this ****head , he's all yours you own him and deserve him, you and you party are him. That slime level hasn't been seen in ages.

You haven't justified your characterization of Trump. I just pointed out how Trump is not being hateful or racist or any of the things the pinheads claim. The slime you fear doesn't exist. All this over the top rhetoric just shows how intellectually bankrupt many of Trump's detractors are.

The MEK operated against Ayatollah Khomieni's regime throughout the Iran-Iraq War. They war terrorists. Enemy of my enemy domestic change that. The Muhajedeen in Afghanistan were terrorists yet we still supplied them. Of course, nobody figured the Taliban would come along years down the road.

Many members of Saddam's secret police, the Mukhabaret, are now key ISIS commanders. That doesn't happen by accident or coincidence.

Saddam also helped armed Palestinean terrorist groups. He also gave arms and supplies to the PKK
I Really don't know where you get your information from but if it is sourced from The Bush Administration or some where down his lie chain , then that information is as good as Bushes word , which is as bad as his willingness to lie to start a war where thousands of Americans got killed for money in his pocket. The truth is out there but so is the lies that were put together to start the liars war.

You haven't justified your characterization of Trump. I just pointed out how Trump is not being hateful or racist or any of the things the pinheads claim. The slime you fear doesn't exist. All this over the top rhetoric just shows how intellectually bankrupt many of Trump's detractors are.
There you go, supporting Trump shows exactly how intelligent you are. He's fits well, he's slime and so is the party he leads.

Last edited:

Oh the irony in your post! :roll:

First, I didn't say bigoted. I said racist and sexist. Second I'm talking about the fact that you are claiming that only white males apply to your stated belief. That only white males, particularly once they are "old" are "regressive". And by "regressive" you of course mean racist, gender biased against females, are homophobic, and pretty much every other nasty thing that a lib thinks that they can say towards people that don't agree with them. It is the fact that you're only applying this to "old white males". And it is a fact that going by the definitions of both sexism and racist, you are making both a racist and sexist statement. Surely as a liberal (and liberals LOVE to portray themselves as being completely politically correct and against sexist and racist statements/acts) you can recognize the truth of this? Liberals ARE the Masters at Understanding Racism and Sexism.....right? :roll:

And yes, continually getting called a racist and sexist and pretty much every other politically dirty name in the book JUST because I'm a white male is getting VERY old. Particularly when people tell me that only I, a white male, am not only just capable of those things, but I AM those things regardless of reality or facts... and all while saying it is impossible for every other race and sex to be those things.

Your OP is bunk. Hyper partisan racist and sexist garbage that I wouldn't feed to a dirt mite if it were even possible.
My my, Your conclusions are interesting or interesting funny, about 2/3 of your statement is stretching what I said to fit your mindset living in the hate world that is the regressive party of 2016. Not much there buddy.

There you go, supporting Trump shows exactly how intelligent you are. He's fits well, he's slime and so is the party he leads.

Delete your account......

:cool:

I Really don't know where you get your information from but if it is sourced from The Bush Administration or some where down his lie chain , then that information is as good as Bushes word , which is as bad as his willingness to lie to start a war where thousands of Americans got killed for money in his pocket. The truth is out there but so is the lies that were put together to start the liars war.

In other words, you don't like the facts because your a partisan hack. Good to know.

"There is by now evidence from a variety of laboratories around the world using a variety of methodological techniques leading to the virtually inescapable conclusion that the cognitive-motivational styles of leftists and rightists are quite different. This research consistently finds that conservatism is positively associated with heightened pessimistic concerns for order, structure, closure, certainty, consistency, simplicity, and familiarity, as well as existential concerns such as perceptions of danger, sensitivity to threat, and death anxiety" To me this fits perfectly into my own thoughts of what makes a conservative, First correlated studies show that the older you get the more like it is that your a regressive. These are my opinion on what this means, First it shows that you got old and gave up, it shows why it is the old white mans party, It shows that they can't be dragged into the century they live in. It shows that they have become paranoid and think negatively on most things, they are scared of change and are threatened by everything from gays , the poor, the Muslims, Mexicans, government, government workers , education, teachers, women. So they are all joined together in opposition to these groups. They have become bitter , old and paranoid and they have never been this ugly in my lifetime (70 years). They, the regressive party, used all these negatives to capture this group of people but created a monster that they can't control, Their hate rhetoric ended up having a mind of it's own , moved faster then they could even keep up to and become totally uncontrollable.

You have no idea what Conservatism is.

You've just made up some cartoon partisan characterization of what you think a Conservative is and then chose to obsess over it.

Delete your account......

:cool:

Hahahahaha....!

In other words, you don't like the facts because your a partisan hack. Good to know.
Nope, your facts are bull****. That's the point. By the way did you look up Curveball , that's where the truth lies.

Except they got it wrong, and had to retract and correct their research.

Conservative political beliefs not linked to psychotic traits, as study claimed

with one comment

Researchers have fixed a number of papers after mistakenly reporting that people who hold conservative political beliefs are more likely to exhibit traits associated with psychoticism, such as authoritarianism and tough-mindedness.
As one of the notices specifies, now it appears that liberal political beliefs are linked with psychoticism. That paper also swapped ideologies when reporting on people higher in neuroticism and social desirability (falsely claiming that you have socially desirable qualities); the original paper said those traits are linked with liberal beliefs, but they are more common among people with conservative values.
We’re not clear how much the corrections should inform our thinking about politics and personality traits, however, because it’s not clear from the paper how strongly those two are linked. The authors claim that the strength of the links are not important, as they do not affect the main conclusions of the papers — although some personality traits appear to correlate with political beliefs, one doesn’t cause the other, nor vice versa.
In total, three papers have been corrected by authors, and a correction has been submitted on one more.
We’ll start with an erratum that explains the backstory of the error in detail. It appears on “Correlation not Causation: The Relationship between Personality Traits and Political Ideologies,” published by the American Journal of Political Science: Read the rest of this entry »

Nope, your facts are bull****. That's the point. By the way did you look up Curveball , that's where the truth lies.

You do realize there's other kinds of WMDs other then nukes or biological weapons, right?

You do realize there's other kinds of WMDs other then nukes or biological weapons, right?
Another bull**** way to twist the Bush lie and to support the liars war. The weapons of mass destruction that came out of the Bush Lie was Biological and Nuclear. You know bull**** can only be spread rather thickly, Right?

Another bull**** way to twist the Bush lie and to support the liars war. The weapons of mass destruction that came out of the Bush Lie was Biological and Nuclear. You know bull**** can only be spread rather thickly, Right?

Suuuuure buddy. Keep telling yourself that.

Except they got it wrong, and had to retract and correct their research.

Conservative political beliefs not linked to psychotic traits, as study claimed

with one comment

Researchers have fixed a number of papers after mistakenly reporting that people who hold conservative political beliefs are more likely to exhibit traits associated with psychoticism, such as authoritarianism and tough-mindedness.
As one of the notices specifies, now it appears that liberal political beliefs are linked with psychoticism. That paper also swapped ideologies when reporting on people higher in neuroticism and social desirability (falsely claiming that you have socially desirable qualities); the original paper said those traits are linked with liberal beliefs, but they are more common among people with conservative values.
We’re not clear how much the corrections should inform our thinking about politics and personality traits, however, because it’s not clear from the paper how strongly those two are linked. The authors claim that the strength of the links are not important, as they do not affect the main conclusions of the papers — although some personality traits appear to correlate with political beliefs, one doesn’t cause the other, nor vice versa.
In total, three papers have been corrected by authors, and a correction has been submitted on one more.
We’ll start with an erratum that explains the backstory of the error in detail. It appears on “Correlation not Causation: The Relationship between Personality Traits and Political Ideologies,” published by the American Journal of Political Science: Read the rest of this entry »
You people are so full of bull****, the study I pointed out was done by John Hibbing u of Nebraska, supported by John Jost New York University, Matt Motyl from U of Virginia and Ravi Iyer from USC , You won't find any of those names in your bull**** rebuttal. The paper your referring to is from 2012 my article is from 2014 and after so what your trying to sell is they responded to studies that were made two years after their rebuttal. By the way there are 30 supporting papers and studies after Hibbings. "Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2014
DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0140525X13001192 (About DOI), "

Suuuuure buddy. Keep telling yourself that.
No I try to tell everyone that because it is true and there is endless support for the premise, did you find out how stupid your president was and what a monstrous lie Bush the baby killer told to fatten his billfold, Halliburtan and Carlyle and monstrous non bid contract in Iraq and Afghanistan, Millions went into the president and vice presidents pockets. Did you look up Curveball Like I said, read it and come back with a review for everyone to see.

So those people who are fearful of global warming, vaccines causing autism, a return to back alley abortions, reintroduction of Jim Crow laws, etc. are conservatives?

You people are so full of bull****, the study I pointed out was done by John Hibbing u of Nebraska, supported by John Jost New York University, Matt Motyl from U of Virginia and Ravi Iyer from USC , You won't find any of those names in your bull**** rebuttal. The paper your referring to is from 2012 my article is from 2014 and after so what your trying to sell is they responded to studies that were made two years after their rebuttal. By the way there are 30 supporting papers and studies after Hibbings. "Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2014
DOI: Behavioral and Brain Sciences - Abstract - Differences in negativity bias underlie variations in political ideology (About DOI), "

It's not a rebuttal, it's a retraction and correction. I wonder whether your researchers were relying on the (now retracted) paper as a guide?

Back
Top Bottom