• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hurricane Threads

Re: Looters running amuck amid the rubble of New Orleans

ludahai said:
I can understand people taking food, water and necessary medicines at this point. However, what I have been seeing people take out based on video footage has been DVDs, TVs, audio equipment and other such items. I have heard news reports of people stealing jewelry and most worrying of all, guns.

I have another question that many will not dare ask right now. WHat do you think the chances are that those looting more than foodstuffs voted (those that did vote) for Democrats by a margin of something like 9:1?!?!?

AHA!

It appears we have a racist among us here at Debate Politics. I've suspected as such but now it's a bit clearer.

Shoot em for looting and we no longer have that problem...LOL

KidRocks said:
AHA!

It appears we have a racist among us here at Debate Politics. I've suspected as such but now it's a bit clearer.

Someone has already mentioned this, but what the heck makes this post racist? Are you saying that all Democrats are a specific race?

KidRocks said:
AHA!

If you want to see a true racist, take a look at Aryan Imperium.

MrFungus420 said:
Where on earth do you see anything in that post that's racist??? Unless you're saying that Democrats (or maybe looters) are purely made up of a minority.

Hard to imagine where they get this stuff, isn't it?

ludahai said:
If you want to see a true racist, take a look at Aryan Imperium.

I will take that as an unintended compliment.

ludahai said:
Someone has already mentioned this, but what the heck makes this post racist? Are you saying that all Democrats are a specific race?

You, yourself makes your post racist, coupled with the fact that you have not denied the accusations.

Care to explain this in your sig?

"No blacks allowed in my restaurant, too bad!"

Well? Are you a racist?

Re: What Bush Can Do For New Orleans

ANAV said:
I do feel bad for people losing everything, including loved ones. I do not feel bad for those who were sitting on there roofs waiting to be rescued. They were give ample warning time to evacuate. The stupid shall be punished.

Now, what Bush can do to help is to pressure Congress into giving people grants to rebuild. Currently if an area is declared a disaster zone, the people get a low interest LOAN to aid them.

But when the tsunami happened half-way around the world, we gave them grants. They are not required to pay the money back that American tax payers funded. How much did we give the countries that were hit by the tsunami? $350 billion or so? I can't remember.

Why can't American tax dollars go to help Americans? Why should we expect Americans to pay back the money if we don't expect others?

There has been a very well-done reportage lately on the BBC about an Island off the west coast of Africa (one of the Canaries, but I don't remember which). It is seismic in nature. During the last seismic movement, a ditch opened near the top of the island, some 3 meters large on a few kilometers long. It is expected by all scientists that, next time the earth shakes there, a huge quantity of soil will fall in the ocean (in fact, they agree that it was an incredible amount of chance that it didn't happen last time). Half of the island, in fact.
The result will be a tsunami of gigantic proportions, that will hit the east coast of the US. The simulations done untill now foresee that some 30 to 40 kilometers (yup..) of the US west coast will just disappear under water.

I certainly don't hope for this, but it means that that zone is a risk zone.

And I don't even mention California, with the San Andreas fault.

There is NO safe place on earth. We do what we can to foresee natural disasters, but we can't stop them all.

The govt and the world community should and will help. Help to rebuild homes, but it's difficult to rebuild a life.THAT'S the thing only YOU fellow americans can do.

I don't pray, as I don't believe in God (and less and less after this), but my wishes are for those who were hit by this tragedy, and for those waiting to know, because it can be as awfull not to know than to know.

In cases of crisis, the americans showed us that they have a wonderfull dose of courage to spend for them and the others, and that's the best thing you have for standing up in these times.

Y

MrFungus420 said:
Where on earth do you see anything in that post that's racist??? Unless you're saying that Democrats (or maybe looters) are purely made up of a minority.

He made that insination, not me.

There was nothing in the post that even insinuated race having anything to do with it.

It's funny how so many people refused to leave New Orleans, even though many experts predicted this would be the worst disaster in US history. Residents were given one full week of advanced notice, and yet many decided to stay with their homes (not counting people who were unable to leave do to medical condition, etc.). Now many of those same people are pissed off at the government for not providing services, and help they need.

The only people I feel for are the children and the elderly. Every other person that remained there is a fool, and is a shining example of darwinism.

And don't give me the "they had no money" excuse. I could have walked to Houston in 7 days.

MrFungus420 said:
There was nothing in the post that even insinuated race having anything to do with it.

He said:

I can understand people taking food, water and necessary medicines at this point. However, what I have been seeing people take out based on video footage has been DVDs, TVs, audio equipment and other such items. I have heard news reports of people stealing jewelry and most worrying of all, guns.

I have another question that many will not dare ask right now. WHat do you think the chances are that those looting more than foodstuffs voted (those that did vote) for Democrats by a margin of something like 9:1?!?!?

Notice the last sentence in that post. In that sentence he basically said that only blacks were looting items other than food. I say this because he says that those who are looting more than foodstuffs voted for Democrats in a nine to one margin. It’s a well known fact that approximately 90% of African Americans vote Democrat. My point being is that a person doesn’t have to infer much from his post to know that he was making a racist insinuation.

This wasn’t social commentary he was making. If he would have said that looters were largely the fruit of poverty and ignorance, it would be one thing, but instead he simply insinuates that the only ones who would loot are blacks.

Last edited:
Anyone that is human should feel sorry for the people hit by Katrina.

But theres always a few "non humans" no matter what forum I seem to go to.

As far as someone walking 7 days in 90+ degrees to get out of harms way, thats just KIDS TALK:

GET REAL! :roll:

It's crazy.. people raping one another, people fighting each other.

Why are humans acting like such beasts!? There's no resonable arguement for this kind of primitive act. It angers me, that people rely on sexual gratification during times of trouble. I remember watching those "Bloodz" getting guns and ammo, in New Orleans, and one of them turned to the camera and smilied. Those ass-clowns do NOT deserve life, if they turn to crimes in such a tragic moment.

taxpayer said:
Anyone that is human should feel sorry for the people hit by Katrina.

But theres always a few "non humans" no matter what forum I seem to go to.

As far as someone walking 7 days in 90+ degrees to get out of harms way, thats just KIDS TALK:

GET REAL! :roll:

What's the kid's talk. That was an extreme example of what I would do if absolutely necessary. And I didn't say I don't feel for some of those people. What really kills me is seeing these people on top of their houses with their kids. I have kids, and I would do whatever it takes to keep them out of harms way.

So to sum up, I feel terrible for those kids, the parents that were too irresponsible to get their kids out of there are scum to me though.

SouthernDemocrat said:
He said:

Notice the last sentence in that post. In that sentence he basically said that only blacks were looting items other than food. I say this because he says that those who are looting more than foodstuffs voted for Democrats in a nine to one margin. It’s a well known fact that approximately 90% of African Americans vote Democrat. My point being is that a person doesn’t have to infer much from his post to know that he was making a racist insinuation.

This wasn’t social commentary he was making. If he would have said that looters were largely the fruit of poverty and ignorance, it would be one thing, but instead he simply insinuates that the only ones who would loot are blacks.

C'mon now. He is referring to the fact that many democrats have a victim mentality, and believe that this stuff is owed to them. They were to dumb to leave in the firstplace, but they turn it around and blame the state for not acting quickly enough. Typical democrat playing the race card though.

KidRocks said:
You, yourself makes your post racist, coupled with the fact that you have not denied the accusations.

Well? Are you a racist?

Considering you have NO idea for the context of the .sig line, you should refrain from comment.

KidRocks said:

Well? Are you a racist?

It's an inside joke. Well, not really, you can read through the hundreds of posts in No Smoking to find it, but it boils down to ludahai saying that business people can't do anything they want in there businesses, they can't refuse to serve black people, and alex responding several times with "stop the government babysitting". Very funny really, but it's meant to be irony.

ludahai is not a racist. Although I do find it upsetting that he used the occasion of desperate people taking food and water to make a low blow against Democrats.

mistermain said:
C'mon now. He is referring to the fact that many democrats have a victim mentality, and believe that this stuff is owed to them. They were to dumb to leave in the firstplace, but they turn it around and blame the state for not acting quickly enough. Typical democrat playing the race card though.

That is exactly the comment I wanted to make after I saw the most recent post. I agree with this completely. I didn't make a mention of race in this series of posts. Other people have. It seems that THEY are the ones focused on race here, not I. Funny how when someone makes such an observation, immediately the term racist is brandied about. No wonder we can't have frank discussions about so many things these days. "RACIST! RACIST!"

And if people want to complay about my .sig line, check the "No Smoking" thread for context before going ape s%$t about it.

mistermain said:

He didnt mean Democrats, he meant Blacks. I was born at night, but it wasnt last night. I am not playing a race card, but merely, I am calling a spade a spade.

SouthernDemocrat said:
He didnt mean Democrats, he meant Blacks. I was born at night, but it wasnt last night. I am not playing a race card, but merely, I am calling a spade a spade.

Your opinion. I don't see it. I can see how you can attempt to make that case, but you are stretching. I could make a crazy, unfounded assumption that your "spades a spade" comment is racist, but that would be ludacrous. You liberals keep giving us more ammunition.

mistermain said:
Your opinion. I don't see it. I can see how you can attempt to make that case, but you are stretching. I could make a crazy, unfounded assumption that your "spades a spade" comment is racist, but that would be ludacrous. You liberals keep giving us more ammunition.

1. I am not a liberal. At least most liberals would not think I was one.

2. He insinuated that the looters who were looting things that were not food, were all black. That is a racist comment if I ever read one.

SouthernDemocrat said:
1. I am not a liberal. At least most liberals would not think I was one.

2. He insinuated that the looters who were looting things that were not food, were all black. That is a racist comment if I ever read one.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. I can see where you could make that assumption, but it is a dangerous one.

mistermain said:
We're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. I can see where you could make that assumption, but it is a dangerous one.

Ok, thats a deal then.

Back
Top Bottom