• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Howard Dean does it again, opens mouth inserts foot......

I just don't see any difference between Democrats and Republicans. They both answer to the same class of people.

hipsterdufus said:
The rational that we should stay because we're there is circular logic.

Now Bush is talking about "historians 50 years from now will say..."

Bottom line:
War in Afghanistan - Good
Kill / Capture Bin Laden - Good
Iraq War - Bad

Hell - I would take 30K or so troops from Iraq and use them to hunt down Osama. The vast majority in the country, not just the Dems, now believe that we were led into the Iraq war on false premises. The adminstration is already admitting (three years after the fact) that their intelligence was flawed.

It's not cowardly to save American lives in Iraq. In fact, I would argue the reverse.

Hell - I would take 30K or so troops from Iraq and use them to hunt down Osama.

That is basically what you boy Dean was saying last night when he did a 180 backing off his outrageous comments of last week......

I want to ask you a question is there ever a time when Dean opens his big mouth and makes stupid and outrageous statements that he is not misquoted or taken out of context?

Many dems even condemend his stupid remarks..........

As far as Bin Laden goes, we have not heard a peep from him in over a year.....The earthquake in Pakistan probably got him.......

Billo_Really said:
I just don't see any difference between Democrats and Republicans. They both answer to the same class of people.

Well there is always Nader........The only problem with him though is senility is setting in.........

hipsterdufus said:
The Dem party is by no means paying Moyers' salary.
As I said - Moyers is calling for PBS to become TOTALLY independent of Government funding and to rely totally on donations. I agree.

That would be convenient for him wouldn't it, no oversight, no one to ensure there is balance, no one to call him on his deceptions? Sounds like he wants his own Faux news channel, what a hypocritical blowhard.:roll:

Navy Pride said:
That is basically what you boy Dean was saying last night when he did a 180 backing off his outrageous comments of last week......

I want to ask you a question is there ever a time when Dean opens his big mouth and makes stupid and outrageous statements that he is not misquoted or taken out of context?

Many dems even condemend his stupid remarks..........

As far as Bin Laden goes, we have not heard a peep from him in over a year.....The earthquake in Pakistan probably got him.......

Maybe the earthquake did get bin Laden. The fact that we don't know one way or the other speaks volumes about our continued lack of reliable intel!

The difference is I don't think his comment was stupid or outrageous, many Republicans, including the President, have made similar statements.

The neo-cons want Dean OUT! When slant head Hannity is calling him a communist - I know we're doing some good.

So far - the first election under Dean's leadership was a resounding success for Democrats. I predict the same in 06.

I could care less if the right bashes away at him - fine. He's not running for anything.

Deegan said:
That would be convenient for him wouldn't it, no oversight, no one to ensure there is balance, no one to call him on his deceptions? Sounds like he wants his own Faux news channel, what a hypocritical blowhard.:roll:

Wow - what a statement!

So you think that a free press is a bad thing and you're all for government control of journalism? I think you better re-read the reasons why you are a Republican. :roll:

PBS was intistuted to be free from political control. Republicans have been trying to kill it since day 1. Nixon Newt et al. Why? Because they speak truth to power. Because PBS reports stories that ABC/Disney, NBC/GE, CBS/Viacom and CNN-Time Warner will not allow on the airwaves of corporate media.

hipsterdufus said:
Maybe the earthquake did get bin Laden. The fact that we don't know one way or the other speaks volumes about our continued lack of reliable intel!

The difference is I don't think his comment was stupid or outrageous, many Republicans, including the President, have made similar statements.

The neo-cons want Dean OUT! When slant head Hannity is calling him a communist - I know we're doing some good.

So far - the first election under Dean's leadership was a resounding success for Democrats. I predict the same in 06.

I could care less if the right bashes away at him - fine. He's not running for anything.

When it comes to the Neo Cons wanting Dean out you could not be more wrong.......Next to Hillary his election as the DNC head was the greatest thing that could happen to the Republican Party......The Dems had a chance to elect a moderate as their leader but the blew it big time....Its not just the right who is bashing Dean, even a lot of dems have moved away from deans goofy comments every week and realize this is not the way you win moderate voters over......

If you talking about the elections in NJ and Virginia, nothing changed...Its the status quo.Two dems took the place of two dems......Those are not gains....You need to win elections that replace Republicans to make gains......

WE can't "win" the war, because the American Public is no longer firmly behind it. We can't win the war, because of the way the idiots in office are HANDLING IT, which IS WHY THE PUBLIC IS NOT BEHIND IT.

What really should be said, is "We can't win the war, the WAY the Administration has been running it." Most likely what will happen, is we just hand the football off to the Iraqi Government and hope another vietnam doesn't happen. Unless of course, the strategy is "wait them out." Which it may well be, but people don't like waiting much.

Mission Accomplished
End of Major Operations
Insurgants are in their final throws

Remember those statements and banners? If the shitheads in office keep telling us the End is Near, and never delivering, I think even the troops begin to figure out something is wrong all on their own.

STOP BLAMING THIS PRESIDENT'S FAILURES ON WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY.

The reason the Insurgants have any morale, is because they have seen the **** poor job at planning the leadership has undertaken. Bush and his clique let the sin of PRIDE interfere with doing the job right. And many it seems let their sin of PRIDE prevent them from seeing that.

If George Bush and the rest were doing an ASTOUNDINGLY SUCESSFUL JOB, do you think ANYTHING EVERY DEMOCRAT or Anti-war person COULD EVER SAY WOULD MATTER? At best, they are doin OK, Generally, about sub-par. With our Military Might, Mechanistic and Technological Advantage, Inteligence gathering, MONEY and the Superior training, skill, and focus of our fighting forces, we couldn't wipe out every insurgant in 15 months, that's a problem of leadership, PERIOD.

These Goofballs knew it was going to be an unfavorable, unpopular war and they tried to do it on the quick and cheap, and the quick and cheap didn't work well enough. Now there is a fair sized cancer of insurgancy floating around iraq, ready to grow malignant at any time, the US reputation is HIGHLY tarninished, and Iraq is only somewhat better off so far.

This president got what he wanted. He's not an education reformer, Medicare reformer, Social Security reformer, He didn't stop using the US as the world's police force, he is nation building now. He got what he wanted, his is "the war president." He made his Bed, now he lies in it, with the rest of his troop.

It's not the democrats' fault, it's not the insurgants' fault, it's not france's fault. IT'S BUSH'S FAULT. A far better President noted "The Buck Stops here!" Damned Republicans are in power, and they cry about how mean everyone is to them. sniffle.

Envision, George Bush is a Baby Stroller, with a nice frilly Bonnet on, a big baby rattle in his hand, and crying "Howard Dean said Bad things." An Elephant Behind the stoller, pushing it, and tucking in Baby's Blanket with his trunk, saying "Yes, Howard Dean is to Blame for all your problems."

GROW UP.

Last edited:
libertarian_knight said:
WE can't "win" the war, because the American Public is no longer firmly behind it. We can't win the war, because of the way the idiots in office are HANDLING IT, which IS WHY THE PUBLIC IS NOT BEHIND IT.

Mission Accomplished
End of Major Operations

Remember those statements and banners? If the shitheads in office keep telling us the End is Near, and never delivering, I think even the troops begin to figure out something is wrong all on their own.

The reason the Insurgants have any morale, is because they have seen the **** poor job at planning the leadership has undertaken. Bush and his clique let the sin of PRIDE interfere with doing the job right. And many it seems let their sin of PRIDE prevent them from seeing that.

If George Bush and the rest were doing an ASTOUNDINGLY SUCESSFUL JOB, do you think ANYTHING EVERY DEMOCRAT or Anti-war person COULD EVER SAY WOULD MATTER? At best, they are doin OK, Generally, about sub-par. With our Military Might, Mechanistic and Technological Advantage, Inteligence gathering, MONEY and the Superior training, skill, and focus of our fighting forces, we couldn't wipe out every insurgant in 15 months, that's a problem of leadership, PERIOD.

These Goofballs knew it was going to be an unfavorable, unpopular war and they tried to do it on the quick and cheap, and the quick and cheap didn't work well enough. Now there is a fair sized cancer of insurgancy floating around iraq, ready to grow malignant at any time, the US reputation is HIGHLY tarninished, and Iraq is only somewhat better off so far.

This president got what he wanted. He's not an education reformer, Medicare reformer, Social Security reformer, He didn't stop using the US as the world's police force, he is nation building now. He got what he wanted, his is "the war president." He made his Bed, now he lies in it, with the rest of his troop.

It's not the democrats' fault, it's not the insurgants' fault, it's not france's fault. IT'S BUSH'S FAULT. A far better President noted "The Buck Stops here!" Damned Republicans are in power, and they cry about how mean everyone is to them. sniffle.

Envision, George Bush is a Baby Stroller, with a nice frilly Bonnet on, a big baby rattle in his hand, and crying "Howard Dean said Bad things." An Elephant Behind the stoller, pushing it, and tucking in Baby's Blanket with his trunk, saying "Yes, Howard Dean is to Blame for all your problems."

GROW UP.

Another Bush hater, plain and simple.............Thank God this President does not run his presidency by stupid bias left wing media polls.......

We have the greatest military in the world and we can and will win in Iraq and win the war on terrorism no matter how much the left wing whuines about it............

libertarian_knight said:

What really should be said, is "We can't win the war, the WAY the Administration has been running it." Most likely what will happen, is we just hand the football off to the Iraqi Government and hope another vietnam doesn't happen. Unless of course, the strategy is "wait them out." Which it may well be, but people don't like waiting much.

Mission Accomplished
End of Major Operations

GROW UP.

Feel free to continue ranting without ever substantiating your wild claims. We're used to the looney left by now. Don't look now, but your partisan hate is showing.

Navy Pride said:
When it comes to the Neo Cons wanting Dean out you could not be more wrong.......Next to Hillary his election as the DNC head was the greatest thing that could happen to the Republican Party......The Dems had a chance to elect a moderate as their leader but the blew it big time....Its not just the right who is bashing Dean, even a lot of dems have moved away from deans goofy comments every week and realize this is not the way you win moderate voters over......

If you talking about the elections in NJ and Virginia, nothing changed...Its the status quo.Two dems took the place of two dems......Those are not gains....You need to win elections that replace Republicans to make gains......

I'm glad we agree. The Republicans love him there so you can bash him, and the Dems love him because he speaks for the base, mobilized millions of new activists and speaks truth to power.

Navy Pride said:
Another Bush hater, plain and simple.............Thank God this President does not run his presidency by stupid bias left wing media polls.......

We have the greatest military in the world and we can and will win in Iraq and win the war on terrorism no matter how much the left wing whuines about it............

When did peace become unpatriotic?

How do you define victory in Iraq? The debate for Dems is analogous to a baseball metaphor. What inning are we in? 7 8 9 When is it over? How long do we stay? I don't know the answer, but I think we should be able to debate the question!

IMHO the war on terror won't be won until our enemies decide that they aren't willing to die to blow us to smithereens. Are you going to kill every last terrorist in the world? - because that is what it would take to "win" this war with the current line of thinking. Remember it only took a handful of people to blow up the WTC.

I think the only way to win is to start a NASA type program for alternative fuels and stop our dependence on Middle Eastern oil. Then we can leave the Middle East altogether which is what our enemies would like us to do.

Sounds like a win/win.

KCConservative said:
Feel free to continue ranting without ever substantiating your wild claims. We're used to the looney left by now. Don't look now, but your partisan hate is showing.

Sheesh, I think I upset you delicate sensibilities so much, your brain culd only manage a two sentence response before being paralyzed by your emotions. Of course, I don't think I made the claims, I refuted them, and offered and explaination to some of the dwindling American support for this war effort.

You can imagine the Administration saying the we are winning we are winning we are winning , constantly, without ever saying we are winning.

Or, in one breath, say "the isurgancy is in its' final throws" and in the next "this will take decades."

You don't get it do you, they are INTENTIONALLY sending mixed messages, to everyone, hoping most people will hear what they want to hear.

If you want to hear, "the war is almost over" that's all you hear
If you want to hear "we are making progress" that's all you hear
but the same men are also saying "there is a long road ahead" and people hear that, some exclusively
other hear "This will take decades" sometimes exclusively too

See, and all the statements COME FROM THE SAME MOUTHS. Which, people like me, who think democrats suck and republicans do also, when we hear these things, realize they are just talking bullshit.

It's like the freaking bible, love your enemy, stone your neighbor, don't kill and kings suck, but fight wars. Seriously, the most clever thing the Bush admin and his Election Campaign did, was paint the other guy as a waffler, beofre people realized how much Bush Flip-Flops IN THE SAME ****ING CONVERSATION EVEN.

hipsterdufus said:
Wow - what a statement!

So you think that a free press is a bad thing and you're all for government control of journalism? I think you better re-read the reasons why you are a Republican. :roll:

PBS was intistuted to be free from political control. Republicans have been trying to kill it since day 1. Nixon Newt et al. Why? Because they speak truth to power. Because PBS reports stories that ABC/Disney, NBC/GE, CBS/Viacom and CNN-Time Warner will not allow on the airwaves of corporate media.

Not at all, you are suggesting it's absolutely fine that it contain democratic talking points, and be controlled by left wing politics. This is why you are all for it, not for it's honesty, so just admit it, you want your own "faux news":roll:

Navy Pride said:

Naw, I'm just more of a conservative than you. You're a whore for Big Government Pimps.

libertarian_knight said:
Naw, I'm just more of a conservative than you. You're a whore for Big Government Pimps.
Welcome to the name calling forum.

hipsterdufus said:
I'm glad we agree. The Republicans love him there so you can bash him, and the Dems love him because he speaks for the base, mobilized millions of new activists and speaks truth to power.

Republicans don't have to bash him..........They just let him run his mouth........The excuse that he is taken out of context on everything he says does not fly and you know........I know you think he walks on water but in your heart of heart, although you will never admit it wish he would just shut up and do his job.........

The only people that have any respect for him are the far left of your party and he already has them............

Navy................... Have you been a whore long? :rofl

That was some nice debate tactics...:rofl

KCConservative said:
Welcome to the name calling forum.

Thank you, good to be here. Mind you my post was in response to Navy Pride calling me name right? The Difference is his were false, I don't hate Bush, I just think he's an unfit President and CiC, I am not a democrat, or a "liberal" (solcialist, communist and their ilk).

Whereas my label upon him, was true. George Bush is a Big Government Pimp, just Like Clinton and Reagan. So, supporting George Bush and his love of Big Government makes one a whore, correct?

Navy Pride said:
Then you fit right in with the dems who have lost the stomach to fight and want to cut and run.....Congratulations.......:roll:
I'm sorry, you're right, from now on I'll viciously attack anyone who states the obvious.

libertarian_knight said:
You're a whore for Big Government Pimps.
[MOD MODE]
We understand that from time to time one's feelings for another poster can overwhelm one's modesty to the point that they generate outbursts such as these.
However, in the future, when you can no longer hold back from the publicly exploring your personal feelings for your fellow posters, please avail yourself of the Basement. The lighting and ambience is much more conducive to touchy feely explorations like the above. Please do not engage in this sort of behavior in the other forums.
[/MOD MODE]

Simon W. Moon said:
[MOD MODE]
We understand that from time to time one's feelings for another poster can overwhelm one's modesty to the point that they generate outbursts such as these.
However, in the future, when you can no longer hold back from the publicly exploring your personal feelings for your fellow posters, please avail yourself of the Basement. The lighting and ambience is much more conducive to touchy feely explorations like the above. Please do not engage in this sort of behavior in the other forums.
[/MOD MODE]

Would it Be OK if I said the same thing, with less strong language?

"Naw, I am just more conservative than you. You're in the illicit service of Big Government House of Ill Repute Proprietors?"

or is it the sentinment? It's it's sentiment could you stop him constanly defaming me by untruthfully calling me a bush-hater?

Navy Pride said:
Republicans don't have to bash him..........They just let him run his mouth........The excuse that he is taken out of context on everything he says does not fly and you know........I know you think he walks on water but in your heart of heart, although you will never admit it wish he would just shut up and do his job.........

The only people that have any respect for him are the far left of your party and he already has them............

It's just so funny to me that when Dean says something along the same lines that the president said - Hannity calls for his head. Whatever.

One of his jobs IS to speak truth to power. That's why we on the left lobbied to make him head of the DNC.

libertarian_knight said:

I got a flash for you........When I voted for President Bush I voted for the lessor of the 2 evils........Kerry was not and option..........

hipsterdufus said:
It's just so funny to me that when Dean says something along the same lines that the president said - Hannity calls for his head. Whatever.

One of his jobs IS to speak truth to power. That's why we on the left lobbied to make him head of the DNC.

The President said that the war on terrorism will be a long one and we might not know when it is won........Dean said we can not win the war in Iraq........There is a huge difference.........

His primary job is wo raise money for the democratic party and in that endeavor he is being smashed by the republicans.......

Back
Top Bottom