• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Howard Dean does it again, opens mouth inserts foot......

Deegan said:
Say hello to the other sheep for me.
I guess when you have no debate left in you you have to go with what you've got even if it's only schoolyard taunts.

Too bad you're not better than that.

Simon W. Moon said:
I guess when you have no debate left in you you have to go with what you've got even if it's only schoolyard taunts.

Too bad you're not better than that.

Come on, Bill Moyers was the biggest lib on PBS before he got canned.....

Navy Pride said:
Come on, Bill Moyers was the biggest lib on PBS before he got canned.....
And that somehow magically turns schoolyard taunts into debate?

Simon W. Moon said:
And that somehow magically turns schoolyard taunts into debate?

No it doesn't, it just amazing that a smart guy like hips and you can drink the Moyers koolaid......:roll:

Navy Pride said:
No it doesn't, it just amazing that a smart guy like hips and you can drink the Moyers koolaid......
What part of calling a schoolyard taunt a schoolyard taunt is the "Moyers koolaid?"

Simon W. Moon said:
What part of calling a schoolyard taunt a schoolyard taunt is the "Moyers koolaid?"

Moyers is just like Limbaugh on the left....The only difference is Limbaugh does not use my tax money to promote his right wing agenda and Moyers did on PBS and I resent the hell out of that............

Now is there any possibility we can get back on topic? Thanks........

Navy Pride said:
Now is there any possibility we can get back on topic? Thanks........
As long as we're clear that my relationship w/ the "Moyers Kool-aid" is entirely a figment of your imagination.

Simon W. Moon said:
As long as we're clear that my relationship w/ the "Moyers Kool-aid" is entirely a figment of your imagination.

If you say so Simon;)

Navy Pride said:
If you say so Simon
I guess that was an overly strong statement on my part. I should have said that you have yet to provide even an iota of evidence for you assertion That's a more accurate and objective way to state the same thing.

Simon W. Moon said:
I guess that was an overly strong statement on my part. I should have said that you have yet to provide even an iota of evidence for you assertion That's a more accurate and objective way to state the same thing.

Well I think what Howard Dean said was inexcuseable and it gives aid to the terrorists in Iraq and hurts the morale of our troops fighting there......I am glad to see some democrats condemning what he said...........

I not only think that to be a fact I know it is....

Navy Pride said:
Well I think what Howard Dean said was inexcuseable and it gives aid to the terrorists in Iraq and hurts the morale of our troops fighting there......I am glad to see some democrats condemning what he said...........

I not only think that to be a fact I know it is....

Question: Can you prove that Howard Dean's statements gives aid to the enemy? Can you prove that it hurts the moral of our troops? Or are you just repeating the r-wing propaganda line?

I'll await your response.

KidRocks said:
Question: Can you prove that Howard Dean's statements gives aid to the enemy? Can you prove that it hurts the moral of our troops? Or are you just repeating the r-wing propaganda line?

I'll await your response.

Well if you were in the military over in Iraq and you heard the leader of the democratic party in this country say that we are losing the war in Iraq and can't win it how would you feel?

And if you were a terrorist in Iraq and you heard the same thing wouldn't that make you think you are winning?

why do you think all the dems are backing away from what he said?

Navy Pride said:
Well if you were in the military over in Iraq and you heard the leader of the democratic party in this country say that we are losing the war in Iraq and can't win it how would you feel?

And if you were a terrorist in Iraq and you heard the same thing wouldn't that make you think you are winning?

why do you think all the dems are backing away from what he said?

Well, first of all if I were a soldier I would not pay attention to big mouth politicians back home, I'd listen to my superiors first and formost.

If I were a terrorist I sure as hell would not pay attention to American politicians other than President Bush, maybe. I would know better.

Just like Navy to go around saying that the military is full of a bunch of thin-skinned folks who get morale problems everytime a politician back home voices an opinion.

Personally, I think that the folks in the US Armed Forces are made of sterner stuff.

Simon W. Moon said:
Just like Navy to go around saying that the military is full of a bunch of thin-skinned folks who get morale problems everytime a politician back home voices an opinion.

Personally, I think that the folks in the US Armed Forces are made of sterner stuff.

Hey I was in the military for 21 years and served in Nam......I can tell you its very important to the troops serving in Iraq to know that the people back in the states support what they are doing there and for your boy Kerry to say they just go into people homes and terrorize families is just flat wrong...............

Kerry is not just another politician, he was your partys nominee for president in 2004 and Dean is the chairman of the democratic party......

If you think the guys in Iraq don't have feelings and are hurt when irresponsible comments are made for partisan reasons you are just wrong..........

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
Hey I was in the military for 21 years and served in Nam......I can tell you its very important to the troops serving in Iraq to know that the people back in the states support what they are doing there and for your boy Kerry to say they just go into people homes and terrorize families is just flat wrong...............

Kerry is not just another politician, he was your partys nominee for president in 2004 and Dean is the chairman of the democratic party......

If you think the guys in Iraq don't have feelings and are hurt when irresponsible comments are made for partisan reasons you are just wrong..........

If it's true what you say about some of the troops feelings being hurt by politicians then they are just a bunch of girlie-men!

KidRocks said:
If it's true what you say about some of the troops feelings being hurt by politicians then they are just a bunch of girlie-men!

Just more proof that you lefties hate the military........The very guys that are fighting and dying so you can spew your hate........sad.........

You might call them girlie men hiding behind your computer but you would never do it to their face..........

Navy Pride said:
Can I have cite for this?
AFAICT, my party's nominee was the incumbent George W. Bush.

Simon W. Moon said:
Can I have cite for this?
AFAICT, my party's nominee was the incumbent George W. Bush.

Just because you have elephants in your avatar does not make you a Republican or a Conservative my friend.............Your posts speak for theirselve........

We have a member who calls himself Billo and he is no Bill Oreilly.......

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
Just because you have elephants in your avatar does not make you a rRepublican or a Conservative my friend.............Your posts speak for theirselve........

We have a member who calls himself Billo and he is no Bill Oreilly.......
Exactly, I have never understood Simon's elephants. He's the biggest and most uninformed lib on the forum. No one is buying his republican story. He's a hater.

KCConservative said:
Exactly, I have never understood Simon's elephants. He's the biggest and most uninformed lib on the forum. No one is buying his republican story. He's a hater.

As I said like Billo he likes to play games, but he is not fooling anyone......

Its no big deal though......

Navy Pride said:
No it doesn't, it just amazing that a smart guy like hips and you can drink the Moyers koolaid......:roll:

Moyers was very non-partisan last night and was speaking to a very mixed audience. To me, Moyers is a journalist's journalist, from the tradition of Edward R. Murrow. Moyers is not afraid to expose the truth, no matter what the consequences. He breaks the stories that the corporate media doesn't want you to know about. Moyers also doesn't think journalism is letting 2 sides tell a story and let the public decide who's telling the truth. The journalist has the responsibility to dig deep and find out who is full of crap and to let the public know! Are you listening Judith Miller?

Is Moyers a liberal? Without a doubt. But he's hardly a partisan. He has a calm about him to me that is very refreshing in this day of screaming blabbermouth ill-informed punditry.

Moyers talked at length about the importance of public education and keep college tuition affordable for Americans. He also talked about his wish for PBS to become independent of taxpayer dollars which I also favor. If any of you out there think that this country doesn't need an independent media not beholden to corporate sponsors - your kidding yourself.

He has also lectured at length about Ken Tomlinson's well-documented hackery at PBS, but he didn't get into that last night.

Moyers is famous for taking on BOTH parties when there is injustice. He had many right wing guests on "Now", along with musicians, poets and philosophers. He is always incredibly quick to correct errors when they are found.

You can't say anything of the sort about Limbaugh - he repeatedly lies, even when confronted with the facts. He bloviates without guests and does NO reporting. To even mention him in the same breath with Moyers is laughable.

hipsterdufus said:
Moyers was very non-partisan last night and was speaking to a very mixed audience. To me, Moyers is a journalist's journalist, from the tradition of Edward R. Murrow. Moyers is not afraid to expose the truth, no matter what the consequences. He breaks the stories that the corporate media doesn't want you to know about. Moyers also doesn't think journalism is letting 2 sides tell a story and let the public decide who's telling the truth. The journalist has the responsibility to dig deep and find out who is full of crap and to let the public know! Are you listening Judith Miller?

Is Moyers a liberal? Without a doubt. But he's hardly a partisan. He has a calm about him to me that is very refreshing in this day of screaming blabbermouth ill-informed punditry.

Moyers talked at length about the importance of public education and keep college tuition affordable for Americans. He also talked about his wish for PBS to become independent of taxpayer dollars which I also favor. If any of you out there think that this country doesn't need an independent media not beholden to corporate sponsors - your kidding yourself.

He has also lectured at length about Ken Tomlinson's well-documented hackery at PBS, but he didn't get into that last night.

Moyers is famous for taking on BOTH parties when there is injustice. He had many right wing guests on "Now", along with musicians, poets and philosophers. He is always incredibly quick to correct errors when they are found.

You can't say anything of the sort about Limbaugh - he repeatedly lies, even when confronted with the facts. He bloviates without guests and does NO reporting. To even mention him in the same breath with Moyers is laughable.

hips, since I like to get information on what the other side is doing I have watched Moyers on PBS for years and he is not on a liberal but he is a partisan hack.........I am glad he was either fired or retired..........I don't think taxpayers money should pay for any partisan on public TV whether they be republican or democrat, liberal or conservative..........

KCConservative said:
It appears that your feelings for me overcome your self-control fairly often. If you'd like to start a thread and discuss your innermost personal feelings about me, please, feel free to do so.

If you ever get around to where you'd like to actually engage in debate, please, feel free to do that as well.

But, for now, you'd do well to note that neither you nor I am not the subject of the thread.

Last edited:
Simon W. Moon said:
It appears that your feelings for me overcome your self-control fairly often. If you'd like to start a thread and discuss your innermost personal feelings about me, please, feel free to do so.

If you ever get around to where you'd like to actually engage in debate, please, feel free to do that as well.

But, for now, you'd do well to note that neither you nor I am not the subject of the thread.

And you'll do well to note I was replying to Navy Pride.

Back
Top Bottom