• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Howard Dean does it again, opens mouth inserts foot......

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
When will it end? Big mouth Howard Dean has dine it again in that he opened his mouth and inserted his foot by saying our military can not win in Iraq......Truly he is the best thing to happen to the Republican Party in a long time.....

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/06/dean.iraq/index.html

Dean: U.S. can't win Iraq war
GOP says Democrat leader embraces 'retreat and defeat'

Tuesday, December 6, 2005; Posted: 1:37 p.m. EST (18:37 GMT)


In an interview with WOAI radio in San Antonio Monday, the head of the Democratic Party drew a parallel between efforts to hand over security responsibilities to Iraqis and similar efforts during the Vietnam War to the South Vietnamese.
 

Calm2Chaos

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
7
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
When will it end? Big mouth Howard Dean has dine it again in that he opened his mouth and inserted his foot by saying our military can not win in Iraq......Truly he is the best thing to happen to the Republican Party in a long time.....

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/06/dean.iraq/index.html

Dean: U.S. can't win Iraq war
GOP says Democrat leader embraces 'retreat and defeat'

Tuesday, December 6, 2005; Posted: 1:37 p.m. EST (18:37 GMT)


In an interview with WOAI radio in San Antonio Monday, the head of the Democratic Party drew a parallel between efforts to hand over security responsibilities to Iraqis and similar efforts during the Vietnam War to the South Vietnamese.


Kind of par for the course with the left isn't it
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Navy Pride said:
When will it end? Big mouth Howard Dean has dine it again in that he opened his mouth and inserted his foot by saying our military can not win in Iraq......Truly he is the best thing to happen to the Republican Party in a long time.....

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/06/dean.iraq/index.html

Dean: U.S. can't win Iraq war
GOP says Democrat leader embraces 'retreat and defeat'

Tuesday, December 6, 2005; Posted: 1:37 p.m. EST (18:37 GMT)


In an interview with WOAI radio in San Antonio Monday, the head of the Democratic Party drew a parallel between efforts to hand over security responsibilities to Iraqis and similar efforts during the Vietnam War to the South Vietnamese.

Not only is Dean good for the Republican party, he is a big morale boost for the al-quida terrorists around the world. His irresponsible remarks get our soldiers killed. See my signature below!
 

Simon W. Moon

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
24,587
Reaction score
9,279
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Too bad he didn't say it's going to take Iraqis to win in Iraq.
 

Deegan

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Ouch, looks as if 75% of those polled think Dean is correct, I do not. I do think we need to start coming home, but only when Iraq can defend herself, then I feel we will have completed our mission. I think we won a long time ago, we have just been trying to complete the job at hand, and it's important we do that. I also think it's irresponsible to make these claims, so close to their elections, but Dean is not one to miss a partisan attack, when one presents it's self.:roll:
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
I can just see a bunch of al-quida terrorists huddled together on the streets of Iraq watching this latest Dean comment on Al_Jazeera TV :

Ahmad: Hey, you guys, check out what Howard Dean has said.

Okmar: What did he say?

Ahmad: He says the American infidels are losing the war and cannot win.

Okmar: Allah is good. Praise Allah, we are winning. We must keep up the fight. Let's begin planning the mother of all attacks.

Ahmad: Yes, Akmar, we are very close now. Victory is near. Howard Dean just told us so.


To the brave men and women of the US military: We are sorry for this fools irresponsible remarks. Be very careful. Dean just gave the enemy reason to fight on.
 

Connecticutter

Active member
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
432
Reaction score
0
Location
New Haven, CT
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Simon W. Moon said:
Too bad he didn't say it's going to take Iraqis to win in Iraq.

That's just the thing that's really frustrating. Howard Dean could be saying a lot of these things in a slightly different way and everything would be fine. Doesn't he have advisors or anything?
 

Simon W. Moon

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
24,587
Reaction score
9,279
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Connecticutter said:
That's just the thing that's really frustrating. Howard Dean could be saying a lot of these things in a slightly different way and everything would be fine. Doesn't he have advisors or anything?
From the link provided:
... Dean spokeswoman Karen Finney said that Republicans were "cherry-picking" Dean's words "just like they cherry-picked the pre-war intelligence.""We can only win if the Iraqi people are able to play a greater role in peacekeeping, and we can only win if the president gives an honest assessment of what's really happening on the ground in Iraq," Finney said ...
I don't think it really matters. If it wasn't this, it'd be something else. Politicians can count on folks not bothering to take a look at things for themselves as long as there's a convenient, ready-made, feel-good soundbite to be used against a straw-man.

Irrationality is a good like any other; the lower the private cost, the more agents buy. For most political and religious beliefs, the private cost of irrationality is zero.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The tragedy of his words is its just another attack on our troops in Iraq in him saying we can't win the war in Iraq........All the libs say the support the troops but they have a hell of way of doing it.......

Somebody in the democratic party should put a muzzle on dean...........
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Deegan said:
Ouch, looks as if 75% of those polled think Dean is correct, I do not. I do think we need to start coming home, but only when Iraq can defend herself, then I feel we will have completed our mission. I think we won a long time ago, we have just been trying to complete the job at hand, and it's important we do that. I also think it's irresponsible to make these claims, so close to their elections, but Dean is not one to miss a partisan attack, when one presents it's self.:roll:

Deegan my friend don't be influenced by left wing media polls......
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Simon W. Moon said:
From the link provided:
... Dean spokeswoman Karen Finney said that Republicans were "cherry-picking" Dean's words "just like they cherry-picked the pre-war intelligence.""We can only win if the Iraqi people are able to play a greater role in peacekeeping, and we can only win if the president gives an honest assessment of what's really happening on the ground in Iraq," Finney said ...
I don't think it really matters. If it wasn't this, it'd be something else. Politicians can count on folks not bothering to take a look at things for themselves as long as there's a convenient, ready-made, feel-good soundbite to be used against a straw-man.

Irrationality is a good like any other; the lower the private cost, the more agents buy. For most political and religious beliefs, the private cost of irrationality is zero.

Party chairs are hired to raise money....That is what he should do instead of running his mouth all the time and making outrageous statements that hurt the morale of the troops fighting in Iraq........
 

Simon W. Moon

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
24,587
Reaction score
9,279
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Navy Pride said:
Party chairs are hired to raise money....That is what he should do instead of running his mouth all the time and making outrageous statements that hurt the morale of the troops fighting in Iraq........
So, you're saying that our troops don't already know that it will take Iraqis to win in Iraq? And that this revelation hurts their feelings?
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Simon W. Moon said:
So, you're saying that our troops don't already know that it will take Iraqis to win in Iraq? And that this revelation hurts their feelings?


Did you read the whole statement? Check it out and get back to me OK.......

Thanks
 

Simon W. Moon

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
24,587
Reaction score
9,279
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Navy Pride said:
Did you read the whole statement
I'll give you a hint: I have already quoted an excerpt from the tail end of the article. More than that I will not say. You'll have to puzzle it out for your self if I read the entire article or not.
After you figure it out, get back to me ok? Thanks.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Simon W. Moon said:
I'll give you a hint: I have already quoted an excerpt from the tail end of the article. More than that I will not say. You'll have to puzzle it out for your self if I read the entire article or not.
After you figure it out, get back to me ok? Thanks.

Nah, I posted what he said..........Its not that important to me....I am busy debating with your friends on the left on about 10 threads at the moment........
 

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
16
Location
right here
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
KCConservative said:
I can just see a bunch of al-quida terrorists huddled together on the streets of Iraq watching this latest Dean comment on Al_Jazeera TV :

Ahmad: Hey, you guys, check out what Howard Dean has said.

Okmar: What did he say?

Ahmad: He says the American infidels are losing the war and cannot win.

Okmar: Allah is good. Praise Allah, we are winning. We must keep up the fight. Let's begin planning the mother of all attacks.

Ahmad: Yes, Akmar, we are very close now. Victory is near. Howard Dean just told us so.


To the brave men and women of the US military: We are sorry for this fools irresponsible remarks. Be very careful. Dean just gave the enemy reason to fight on.




Truth be told, this is what the insurgents are really saying about Howard Dean:

Ahmad: Did you hear what Howard Dean just said?

Okmar: Yes and it makes me very angry!

Ahmad: Yes and now that fool Bush Jr may just be forced to withdraw
American troops and then what happens to us?

Okmar: I know, President Bush is the best thing that our holy war has going
for us. If they withdraw how will we recruit? How will we expand with
no American troops to kill?

Ahmad: Howard must be stopped, the Democrats are the worst thing going
for us, death to the infidels.

Okmar: Peace with the Americans is the last thing we want, we want
them here, in our back yard, we cannot afford to take this holy war
to the streets of America, we need more Americans like that fool George W. Bush.

BOTH: LONG LIVE PRESIDENT BUSH!
 
H

hipsterdufus

I think Dean was quoting the President:
Remember this interview with Matt Lauer?

Bush said:
"I don't think you can win it," Mr. Bush replied. "But I think you can create conditions so that those who use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/31/p...and&adxnnlx=1133896668-y+cvuHYc9w0+vgVJg3qZ9g

What a Moonbat that Bush is. :roll:

I think if George Bush had asked his father about the war in Iraq, he would have gotten the same answer that Dean gave. Dean has been right a lot more times than anyone in the administration.

Trying to eliminate Saddam, extending the ground war into an occupation of Iraq, would have violated our guideline about not changing objectives in midstream, engaging in "mission creep," and would have incurred incalculable human and political costs.
George H.W. Bush

Where do you think we'll be in six months? a year? five years? ten years? if we stay in Iraq?

Here's Dean's direct quote from AP.

In an interview with WOAI-AM in San Antonio, Dean criticized what he called President Bush's "permanent commitment to a failed strategy" while saying, "We need to be out of there and take the targets off our troops back." Dean recalled that the strategy to stay the course in Vietnam cost thousands more lives to be lost.

"I wish the president had paid more attention to the history of Iraq before we had gotten in there," Dean said. "The idea that we're going to win this war is just plain wrong."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=nation_world&id=3698288&ft=print
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
KidRocks said:
Truth be told, this is what the insurgents are really saying about Howard Dean:

Ahmad: Did you hear what Howard Dean just said?

Okmar: Yes and it makes me very angry!

Ahmad: Yes and now that fool Bush Jr may just be forced to withdraw
American troops and then what happens to us?

Okmar: I know, President Bush is the best thing that our holy war has going
for us. If they withdraw how will we recruit? How will we expand with
no American troops to kill?

Ahmad: Howard must be stopped, the Democrats are the worst thing going
for us, death to the infidels.

Okmar: Peace with the Americans is the last thing we want, we want
them here, in our back yard, we cannot afford to take this holy war
to the streets of America, we need more Americans like that fool George W. Bush.

BOTH: LONG LIVE PRESIDENT BUSH!


It would be more like this........

Ahmad: Did you hear what the leader of the liberal democratic party just said?

Okmar: Yeah he said their army can not defeat us in Iraq.......He is a very smart man............

Ahmad: I believe all the Liberals in that party have lost the stomach for the fight and victory will be ours very soon and we will own Iraq when the Americans cut and run...........

Okmar: We should put up a statue of that little fat man and make him and honorary moslem so he can get 72 virgins when he dies.........

Ahmad..........yeah, long live Dean!!!!!
 

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
16
Location
right here
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Navy Pride said:
It would be more like this........

Ahmad: Did you hear what the leader of the liberal democratic party just said?

Okmar: Yeah he said their army can not defeat us in Iraq.......He is a very smart man............

Ahmad: I believe all the Liberals in that party have lost the stomach for the fight and victory will be ours very soon and we will own Iraq when the Americans cut and run...........

Okmar: We should put up a statue of that little fat man and make him and honorary moslem so he can get 72 virgins when he dies.........

Ahmad..........yeah, long live Dean!!!!!




No, terrorists worldwide love George W. Bush.

He is their poster child!

He is their biggest recruiter for their cause... terrorism!

And how ironic that in a way... he is their savior!


BTW... Weren't you aware that terrorists worldwide hate liberalism, hate liberals?

Get a clue boy!
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
KidRocks said:
No, terrorists worldwide love George W. Bush.

He is their poster child!

He is their biggest recruiter for their cause... terrorism!

And how ironic that in a way... he is their savior!


BTW... Weren't you aware that terrorists worldwide hate liberalism, hate liberals?

Get a clue boy!

He makes them able to meet their 72 virgins...........
 

Connecticutter

Active member
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
432
Reaction score
0
Location
New Haven, CT
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
KidRocks said:
Truth be told, this is what the insurgents are really saying about Howard Dean:

Ahmad: Did you hear what Howard Dean just said?

Okmar: Yes and it makes me very angry!

Ahmad: Yes and now that fool Bush Jr may just be forced to withdraw
American troops and then what happens to us?

Okmar: I know, President Bush is the best thing that our holy war has going
for us. If they withdraw how will we recruit? How will we expand with
no American troops to kill?

Ahmad: Howard must be stopped, the Democrats are the worst thing going
for us, death to the infidels.

Okmar: Peace with the Americans is the last thing we want, we want
them here, in our back yard, we cannot afford to take this holy war
to the streets of America, we need more Americans like that fool George W. Bush.

BOTH: LONG LIVE PRESIDENT BUSH!

Somehow I just don't picture it.
 

ShullsM

Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
hipsterdufus said:
I think Dean was quoting the President:
Remember this interview with Matt Lauer?

Bush said:


http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/31/p...and&adxnnlx=1133896668-y+cvuHYc9w0+vgVJg3qZ9g

What a Moonbat that Bush is. :roll:

I think if George Bush had asked his father about the war in Iraq, he would have gotten the same answer that Dean gave. Dean has been right a lot more times than anyone in the administration.

George H.W. Bush

Where do you think we'll be in six months? a year? five years? ten years? if we stay in Iraq?

Here's Dean's direct quote from AP.



http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=nation_world&id=3698288&ft=print

I'm with you. Is Dean's statement that off the chart?

Begs the question: How do you define "win"?
 
H

hipsterdufus

ShullsM said:
I'm with you. Is Dean's statement that off the chart?

Begs the question: How do you define "win"?

Thanks brother. I'm off to hear Bill Moyers speak tonight!
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The dems just had a strategy meeting and almost to a man they came out and disassociated themselves with Deans ravings on Face the nation.......

Somebody better put a muzzle on this guy...He is killing your party........
 

Deegan

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
hipsterdufus said:
Thanks brother. I'm off to hear Bill Moyers speak tonight!


Say hello to the other sheep for me.:2wave:
 
Top Bottom